Karnataka, particularly Bangalore, is often perceived as a place to make a career, and for the student, a place to realize his ambitions. Bangalore is home to one central university, 12 deemed universities, 24 public universities, 6 private universities, 61 medical colleges, 280 management institutions, 207 engineering colleges, 48 dental colleges, and more than 60 international schools.
Karnataka attracts around 1.8 lakh students from across India to pursue higher education, making it one of the top higher-study destinations in the country. From a social, cultural and economic perspective, the state is considered progressive, prosperous and peaceful. The fact that over 65% of the population in Bangalore is made up of migrants from other states is an indication of its cultural diversity. Here is a list of the best boarding schools in Bangalore:
15 Top Residential Schools In Bangalore:
1. The International School, Bangalore (TISB):
Established in 2000, TISB is one of the leading residential schools in India, renowned for pioneering a child-friendly and vibrant system of learning and revolutionizing the concept of boarding schools. Located in NAFL Valley this school sprawls over several acres of greenery.
- The school follows the International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) curriculum.
- The school’s curriculum is designed and developed to fit the requirements, abilities, interests and learning styles of the child rather than the other way round.
- The entire program at the school is designed to enhance the physical, social, motor and cognitive, emotional and spiritual development of each child.
- It also provides Special Learning aids such as audio visual equipment, laptops, LCD monitors, etc., that is used to supplement the classroom learning as children learn with hands-on experience, in a practical manner in special areas.
- The student teacher ratio is 25:1.
- The facilities at the school include Discovery Center, English language lab, storytelling corner, IT resource center, music and dance room, activity arcade, child’s creativity corner, concept center, gymnasium, swimming pools, billiard room and courts for badminton and basketball.
- The school also has a small infirmary and canteen and laundry facilities for the benefit of students.
NAFL Valley, Whitefield – Sarjapur Road,
Bangalore – 562125
[ Read: International Schools In Bangalore ]
2. Candor International School:
Established in 2011, Candor International School is one of the top IB (International Baccalaureate) and IGCSE certified international schools in India.
- Candor offers international curricula for three sections – Primary, Middle and High School. It is pursuing authorization for the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program (IBPYP). It offers the IGCSE for middle school and IBDP for Grade 11 and 12 students.
- The curriculum integrates social work experience, arts, and sports into its curricular programs.
- The school’s international curricula emphasize on the learning process both in curricular and co-curricular areas, the methodology of ‘teaching for learning’ and lastly, the process and the end results of the learning process.
- Spread over 25 acres, Candor has an Administrative wing, Kindergarten, Primary and Middle wings, a Secondary wing as well as a 6-acre organic farm.
- It is a WiFi campus with labs, libraries, music studios, play and sports areas, dorms and cafeteria, all of which are designed to be student-friendly, safe and age-appropriate.
- The outdoor facilities in Candor include world-class basketball courts, world-class tennis courts, world-class swimming pools (half Olympic size pool and a baby pool), soccer and hockey field, athletic track, cricket pitch and a gym for students above the age of 16.
- The school’s indoor facilities include snooker, football, table tennis, air hockey, chess, throw ball, carom and play stations.
Hulahali, Bangalore 560083
3. Sorsfort International School:
Sorsfort International School is a school that has high standards and is yet rooted. It believes in keeping things comprehensive yet simple. The methodology followed, techniques used, and facilities provided is assurance that children are in the best hands when it comes to holistic education.
- The school follows the ICSE curriculum. It offers a scientifically-developed curriculum that emphasizes on the holistic development of every child, through collaborative group work and play activities.
- The curriculum aims to provide children with a strong academic foundation for implementing an approach to education that is multi-sensory integrated.
- The school’s curriculum focuses on key development areas such as cognitive development, language development, socio-emotional development, personal awareness and nurturing individual potential.
- The school has classes from Nursery to Grade 12 and has both day and residential options.
- The school has spacious classrooms, a huge playground, a library filled with a variety of books as well as modern, fully-equipped laboratories.
- Transportation facilities are offered to students as well.
# 90, Electronic City, Phase-1,
Hosur Road, Bangalore – 560100
4. Swaminarayan Gurukul International School:
Swaminarayan Gurukul International School provides world-class education and aims at building the best character in students through excellent education and finding a balance between modernity and spirituality.
- The school offers a well-designed curriculum like CBSE, ICSE, IGCSE, and PUC.
- From LKG to grade X. The school offers ICSC Board. This is specifically for day-schooling.
- For residential schooling, the school offers CBSE syllabus affiliated to CBSE Board New Delhi from grade V to X.
- Students could be allowed stream conversion from State board or any other syllabus to CBSE, depending on their ability.
- Hindi and Sanskrit are optional languages.
- SGIS is equipped with 20 × 25 sized fully ventilated classrooms and a 3-story building that houses 36, 15 × 42 dormitories.
- The school has 4 Audio Visual Halls and well-equipped science laboratories viz. Physics, Chemistry and Biology. CBSE, BIE, and SSC have their separate standard of experiments which are observed in these labs.
- State-of-the-art Laboratories for Information Technology, English and Math, are also available.
- Other facilities include sprawling grounds for outdoor sports, facilities for indoor sports, swimming pool, library, well-equipped gym, Krishna Kids Zone and A/C Auditorium.
Mysore Road, Kengeri,
PO. Kumbalgodu Bengaluru – 560 074, Karnataka, India
5. Bangalore International School:
Established in 1969, Bangalore International school, that was once known as American community school is renowned for its leadership, innovation and reputation for excellence in the field of education. The school adheres to the highest standards of teaching, safety, cleanliness, security and loving care.
- BIS follows the IGCSE Board curricula.
- The curriculum is formulated catering to the physical development, cognitive development, language development, creative development and social-emotional development of every child.
- The student teacher ratio is 25:1.
- It has a Wi-Fi-enabled facility to enable children to learn and interact with computers and smart board.
- The school also houses an arts and craft club, activities center, theater, music and dance room, and an international level swimming pool. Interested students can also pursue tennis, pottery and fine arts.
- The tuck shop on the campus is a favorite hangout where studies and fun is discussed.
Geddalahalli, Hennur Bagalur Road,
Kothanur Post Bangalore
[ Read: IGCSE Schools In Bangalore ]
6. Delhi Public School, North Campus:
Delhi Public School is one of the major CBSE schools in the Northern part of Bangalore. The school has excellent facilities and offers parents with both day and boarding options.
- DPS follows the CBSE Board.
- One of DPS’ specialties is the Child Counseling Center where specially trained child psychologists will provide students with the mentoring they require.
- There is also an enrichment resource center that is designed to keep the connection between the child, teacher and the parent.
- DPS provides excellent facilities to its students, including an Olympic size swimming pool, science lab, library, amphitheater and cafeteria.
- The school also has a butterfly park.
- The school provides facilities for outdoor sports such as football, hockey, cricket, tennis and other athletic activities.
Survey No. 35/A, Sathanur Village,
Jala Hobli Bangalore – 562149.
7. Indus International School:
Indus International School is set in a warm, nurturing, safe and secure and well-ventilated environment. The school strongly believes and strives in providing quality education in a comprehensive and holistic manner.
- The school follows the IGSCE Board.
- The school has a hands-on approach to education using scientifically-designed special materials that generate creative ideas in the absorbent minds of young children as they explore numerous possibilities.
- The student teacher ratio is 10:1.
- Apart from specially-designed Montessori activities and materials, the well-equipped classrooms have play equipment, digital learning aids like LCD projectors and learning software, etc.
- The school uses state-of-the-art digital learning tools such as the “interactive whiteboard’ – an advanced educational touch screen board which makes learning fun and exciting.
- It has its own school vans equipped with GPS, for field trips, etc.
- Apart from these facilities, the school also has a well-stocked library, splash pool for kids and a larger international level swimming pool for older kids, and facilities for horse riding, skating and gymnastics.
- Digital hookups, online libraries, a 400 m eight-lane cinder track are other USP s of this leading residential school in Bangalore.
Billapura Cross, Sarjapur,
Bangalore – 562125
8. Nitte International School:
Jumbo Kids was established in 2007 and has grown to be one of the most preferred residential schools in Bangalore. The school provides ‘real education that draws the best out of each student’. The school believes that every child is a unique creation of God and is each blessed with different potentials. They take a special interest in helping unearth their talents and mold them to excel in what they like doing best.
- The school offers the CBSE Board and its curriculum is designed to give each child a healthy blend of activities that nurture cognitive, affective and psychomotor domains. The school aims at making each child excel in academics and become socially responsible.
- Critical and creative thinking is honed and nurtured via the well-designed curriculum.
- The school does not test or rank students until Grade 10 but helps them identify their true potential by implementing Mahatma Gandhi‘s Head, Heart and Hand philosophy.
- The school has a spacious campus, including a well-stocked library, hi-tech labs, and ample space to play.
- Wifi connectivity, state of the art computer labs and a swimming pool are other USP s of the school’s infrastructure.
Yelahanka, Bangalore – 560064
[ Read: CBSE Schools In Bangalore ]
9. Ebenezer International School:
Ebenezer is one of the best residential schools in Bangalore where children can grow and develop into socially responsible, God fearing individuals. Started by Dr. Abraham Ebenezer, the school strives to become a path-breaking educational institute that will not just shape and mold children at the pace of the rapidly changing world, but also keep them rooted in their morals and principles.
- The school aims to ensure the overall development of every student by balancing academics, sports and extra-curricular activities.
- The school follows ICSE and IGSCE syllabus.
- Apart from academics, the school offers extracurricular activities such as yoga, meditation and exercises.
- The school has excellent state-of-the-art infrastructure for students to learn and discover the world around them.
- The school houses well-equipped classrooms and library and advanced computer and science laboratory.
- The school also has a huge playground and facilities to learn aerobics, swimming, yoga, and martial arts.
Singena Agrahara Road,
Via Hosur Road / A.P.M.C. Yard,
10. Sarla Birla Academy:
Instituted by the Chairman of Aditya Birla Group, Kumar Mangalam Birla, and his wife, Mrs. Neerja Birla, this is a premier boarding school for boys. Sarla Birla Academy strives to provide world-class education in a nurturing and stimulating environment.
- The Academy is a registered CIE center that offers IGCSE. It is affiliated to the CISCE offering the I.C.S.E. and I.S.C. at the grade X and XII respectively. It also offers the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program.
- The curricula offered by the school provide each student with cutting-edge education to help them achieve academic excellence.
- It integrates e-Learning with classroom-based learning.
- The school provides excellent facilities including well-equipped, state-of-the-art laboratories for Physics, Chemistry and Biology. These labs are designed to meet the needs of the different syllabi that the students opt for.
- The Academy houses two computer laboratories with 25 to 30 computers each. Students make use of these computers for their research work as well as to communicate with family.
- SBA also has a well-stocked library with over 8000 documents – both digital and print.
- There are huge fields within the campus for various sports such as football, cricket, squash, tennis, badminton, table tennis and athletics.
- A modern gym and contemporary swimming pool are also provided to give students opportunity for additional physical activity.
Bannerghatta, Jigni Road,
Bangalore – 560083.
[ Read: ICSE Schools In Bangalore ]
11. Gear Innovative International School:
Gear is a school that has a unique approach, offering a modern education with traditional values and social structure. This is the best boarding school in Bangalore that focuses on making sure that young children learn through play and exploration – all in a safe and nurturing environment.
- The school follows the CBSE syllabus and has a student teacher ratio of 25:1.
- The school’s high quality, standardized curriculum includes a variety of activities that are interesting and inspiring activities apart from academics that help to boost the student’s cognitive skills. For example, chess is played in small breaks as a time filler.
- The curriculum also provides a clear timetable when it comes to things that need to be done throughout the year in terms of activities and themes. The school is trying to introduce basketball from Grade 1.
- Neither teacher nor the students carry notebooks or text books. Concepts are understood and jotted down on sheets that can later be filed into respective subject folders.
- Yoga and shloka is taught apart from other interesting activities like sculpting and pottery.
- The school provides a well-designed classroom environment where young children are encouraged to explore and learn with curiosity, creativity and love for nature.
- The school has a really large playground that has everything a student needs to grow and develop their motor skills and intellectual skills.
GEAR Road, Doddakannelli,
Off Sarjapur Road & Outer Ring Road Bangalore – 560035
12. BGS International School:
This is another best residential school in Bangalore that was founded in 1997 by Balagangadharanatha Swamiji of Adichunchanagiri Math. It is one of the finest schools that India has. BGS is the school most NRI parents prefer for their children.
- The school offers a child-friendly IGCSE curriculum that is a synthesis of a variety of subjects and activities. The activity-based curriculum has been designed to ensure a firm foundation for the next level of schooling. Students can also opt for the CBSE syllabus.
- The school has adopted a balanced daily program that meets all the needs that pre-primary children have. The program ensures that children are provided with practical experiences to develop clear and correct concepts.
- The curriculum is comprehensively planned so that it enhances learning, facilitates thinking and helps in the development of clear cognitive and communicative languages. It covers language and phonics, number work, drawing, coloring, art and craft, environmental awareness and music.
- The school provides spacious, well-furnished and well-ventilated classrooms where young minds can learn and develop in a comfortable, safe and nurturing environment.
- Every nursery level has an activity room where children can engage in numerous activities and explore, discover and learn while having fun. These rooms encourage children to use and develop their creativity, fine motor skills as well as ability to learn.
- There is a large area of open space with a stage where storytelling, puppetry, roleplays, festivals and other literary activities are showcased.
- The school houses a spacious audio visual room where children can watch power point presentations on a multitude of educational and fun themes.
- Hi-tech labs, computer labs, and auditoriums are part of the school campus.
- The school campus also houses a canteen and infirmary. Separate wings for boys and girls with experienced wardens.
- Children can play and have fun in the vast playground with jungle gym, slides and merry go round for younger kids and facilities such as horse riding, gymnasium and skating for older kids. A beautiful garden adds color and brightness to the play area and encourages a love of nature.
Nithyananda Nagar, Kumbalagudu,
Gollahalli, Kengeri Bangalore – 560060
Phone: +91-80-28437659, 080-28437582
13. Trio World Academy:
Trio World Academy is one of the best known international day and boarding schools in Bangalore. The school focuses on enhancing the intellectual, social and cultural development of each student in a context of mutual esteem and sensible good order.
- Trio World Academy offers an international educational experience with world-class standards of International Baccalaureate, Cambridge and ICSE curriculum.
- The Academy is a candidate school for the Diploma Program and will be introducing IB PYP in academic year of 2016.
- TWA believes in inclusive education and has a Special Education department with educators who specialize in Specific Learning Disabilities (SLD). Students with SLD are nurtured by trained and experienced special educators.
- The school offers information and technology (ICT) program, which equips students with information technology tools, helping them unlock limitless learning and innovating ways.
- TWA offers excellent facilities including separate science labs for physics, chemistry and biology. The state-of-the-art labs come fully equipped with everything students require. It also has cutting-edge virtual labs that help students delve deep into the world of science in an interactive way.
- The library has a collection comprising more than 15,000 books that continues to be regularly updated and expanded. There are also digital resources like DVDs and CD-ROMs with multimedia content that cover a vast range of topics.
- The school has 24 /7 Wi-Fi access and a large number of computer terminals for research and browsing.
- The school has well-maintained, high quality infrastructure for sporting activities such as football, basketball, cricket, volleyball, tennis, swimming, touch rugby, taekwondo, skating and athletics as well as indoor activities such as table tennis and chess.
#3/5, Kodigehalli Main Road,
Sahakar Nagar Bangalore – 560092.
[ Read: Best Schools In Banglore ]
14. Bishop Cotton Boy’s School:
Often referred to as the “Eton of the East”, Bishop Cotton Boy’s School is one of the most reputed and the best boarding schools in Bangalore. It is the No. 1 metro school and one of the top 3 schools in India.
- The school offers ICSE Board (till 10th Std.) and ISC (12th) Board. The ISC streams are Science, Commerce and Humanities. Students can take a total of five or six subjects in ISC.
- At the ICSE level, subjects taught include English, History, Mathematics, Civics and Geography, Environmental Education, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, an Indian or foreign language, and a choice between Economics, Computer Applications, Commercial Applications, and Physical Education.
- Spread over a sprawling area of 13 acres, Bishop Cotton boasts excellent facilities to encourage and ensure the all-round development of its students. This includes libraries, bookstores, four computer labs and Audio Video Rooms that have electronic-interactive “smart” boards for teaching.
- The school’s Elphick Research Center houses world class laboratories for Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science.
- The Sports Complex is where the sporting talent among students is promoted. The school has excellent facilities for sports activities such as basketball and cricket. It also provides facilities for indoor sports.
- The Bishop George Edward Lynch Cottonian Auditorium is where extracurricular activities such as debates, elocution, spelling bees, dramatics, music, quiz competitions, etc. are organized.
90 (34), Richmond Road,
St. Mark’s Road Bangalore – 560001
15. Jain International Residential School:
JIRS is a premier residential school of world renown. This school is run by none other than the Jain group of institutions. This is a purely residential school that does not have day scholar options. The school has state of the art facilities, and a well-trained, experienced and compassionate faculty. JIRS is a home away from home, where no child feels home sick or the pressure of studies.
- The school follows the CBSE, IGCSE, IB Diploma Program Board
- The student teacher ratio is just 8:1, which means every child gets individual attention.
- Ballet dance, cartooning, electronics, etc are just a few of the many things that students in the school can learn and pursue.
- The classrooms are spacious and air conditioned. The campus is enabled with digital communication, Wifi, and phone facilities.
- An in-house hospital, laundry services and a water purification plant also lie in the vast campus.
- The grounds have ample place to play and facilities to enjoy sports like swimming, golf, athletics, and cricket.
Jakkasandra Post, Kanakapura Taluk,
Bangalore – 562112
These are a few of the best residential schools in Bangalore. Parents of children studying at these schools vouch for the quality of education imparted and the care rendered to their kids. If you have to admit your child in a residential school, do not go merely by recommendations. Plan a visit to the schools you have shortlisted and ask for a guided tour.
- Top 12 Residential Schools In Chennai
- 25 Best Residential Schools In India
- Top Residential And Boarding Schools In Hyderabad
- Top And Best International Schools In Hyderabad
Latest posts by Maanasi (see all)
- Tips For Improving Communication With Your Spouse - April 29, 2016
- 21 Qualities Of A Good Wife - April 28, 2016
- List Of 20 Best Schools In Nagpur City - April 25, 2016
- 25 Fun Facts And Information About Monkey For Kids - April 11, 2016
- 30 Top CBSE Schools In India For Your Kid - March 31, 2016
- 20 Top And Best Schools In Kanpur - March 31, 2016
- 20 Top And Best Schools In Indore - March 31, 2016
- List Of 20 Best CBSE Schools In Pune - March 23, 2016
- List Of 30 Best Schools In Delhi - March 23, 2016
- 30 Top And Best International Schools In India - March 18, 2016