If you are celebrating your kid’s first birthday soon and looking for return gift ideas, you have come to the right place. We have compiled a list of the best return gift ideas for a 1st birthday party to share with you. These gifts are unique, memorable, and appeal to children and parents. They are durable, long-lasting, practical, and attractive to please your guests. So, check out our list to explore thoughtful return gifts for the first birthday.
15 Best Return Gifts For Your Baby’s 1st Birthday Party
1. Best To Enhance Creativity: Play-Doh Party Bag Dough
Playing with clay is fun. Kids can create anything they want and make multiple storylines out of this dough. It promotes imagination and creativity in kids. This playdough set gift is suitable for kids aged two years and above.
- Contains 15 cans of modeling compound
- Made of child-safe material
- Each packet comes with a gift tag
- Soft and smooth clay
- Travel-friendly containers
- May feel sticky
- May have a slightly strong smell
2. Best Unique Party Favors: DG Sports Party Gift Favors for Kids
Looking for a funky return gift? Have a look at this set of various accessories that kids would love to own. This set contains 12 pairs of sunglasses, 12 emoji wristbands, and 12 whistles. It is suitable for kids aged five years and above.
- Sunglasses have smoked lens
- Long-lasting silicone bracelets
- Whistles can also be used as keychains
- Includes fun pouch for convenient gifting
- Some pieces may not be durable enough
3. Best Toy Collection: Kissdream Carnival Prizes for Kids
When you have children of all ages attending your baby’s party, selecting one single return gift can become difficult. So, why not give a bouquet of small items like this set of toys that all children can enjoy. It is suitable for children aged three years and above.
- Contains a total of 152 toy pieces
- Includes 20 different kinds of gift items
- Allows for customization
- Meets the American toy safety standards
- Made of safe materials
- Sturdy objects
- Some pieces may be small in size
- Some pieces may not be durable enough
4. Best Assortment Of Prizes: Amy & Benton 120PCS Carnival Prizes
This huge goodie bag containing 120 pieces of gift items makes an ideal party favor for those who are looking to gift their guests something different. This set is suitable for kids aged three years and above.
- Includes a variety of items such as cars, water guns, balls, and rings
- Boxed well to prevent damage in transit
- Made of safe, non-toxic material
- ASTM Certified
- Some pieces may be tiny
- Material quality may not be up to the mark
5. Best Truck Toy Collection: Funcorn Toys Mini Truck Toy Kit Set
When you have a lot of little children who love playing with tiny vehicles on your guest list, get them this pull-back truck toy set as a return gift. The 12-piece set contains all kinds of construction trucks and is suitable for children aged three years and above.
- Lightweight and sturdy build to withstand frequent collisions
- Most suited for pretend play
- Encourages children to use their imagination
- Sturdy and durable
- Small vehicle pieces
- May have a strong plastic smell
6. Best For Ages Three And Above: Chimager Mini Bubble Wands Assortment Party Favors
Soap bubbles may create a lot of mess, but they are super-fun. These mini bubble wands come in colorful tubes filled with soapy water to create big bubbles. These toys are suitable for children aged three years and above.
- Non-toxic, odorless soap solution
- Safe for children to use
- Available in various colors
- Durable and easy to use
- May leak if not closed properly
- Pieces may be smaller than you expect
7. Best Budget Party Favors: IP I Premium 120 Pcs Toy Assortment
Containing 12 different types of toys and balloons, this 120-piece gift set makes one gigantic party gift. These toys are inexpensive and of high quality.
- Contains water guns, stampers, whistles, chuzzle balls, and more
- All items are certified child-safe
- Made of sturdy material
- Small items
- Some pieces may not be as durable as the others
8. Best Engaging Toy: Neliblu Airplane Gliders for Kids
Airplanes never fail to fascinate young minds. Children love to play with mini planes, miniature cars or vehicles. So, why not gift them colorful planes of their own? These airplane gliders feature smooth rounded edges and are suitable for children aged three years and above.
- Contains 72 colorful airplanes
- Made of foam material
- Safe for children to use
- Lightweight design
- Available in a variety of designs and colors
- Easy assembly
- May be slightly fragile
- Nose weight might be slightly heavy
9. Best For Fun: Mikulala Birthday Party Favors for Kids
Looking for an interesting gift? How about these glow-in-the-dark rings? This package comes with 36 different light-up rings that are designed for kids aged three years and above. This simple video will help you figure out more gift ideas for your event.
- Made of thermoplastic rubber
- Flexible rings
- Button-activated attractive blinking lights
- Available in nine assorted colors and animal shapes
- Batteries may not last long
- Pieces may be slightly flimsy
10. Best For Reducing Stress: Scione Pack Light Up Bracelets
Regular bracelets seem too boring when children have the option of flaunting these cool glowing bracelets. This set contains 24 light-up bracelets that are suitable for children aged three years and above.
- Each friendship bracelet holds a spinner to relieve stress and anxiety
- Spinner flashes colored lights in three modes
- Double buckle design for a secure fit
- Long-lasting battery
- Batteries may come off easily
- Pieces may not be durable enough
11. Best For Customization: Adorox Jungle Safari Zoo Animal Cardboard Favor Treat Boxes
These cute cardboard boxes are ideal for packing customized gifts. When you have a few guests, you can give them the same boxes but pack different stuff inside so each one gets something special from your side.
- Jungle-themed empty cardboard boxes
- Durable and sturdy
- Easy to assemble
- Encourages imaginative play
- Flimsy bottom
- Could have been a few inches bigger
12. Best For Motor Skills: Neliblu Fun Puzzle Balls
When you have children attending your child’s party, you can arrange for some extra-special gifts for them. This packet of 12 items include puzzle toys suitable for older children.
- Contains balls that help reduce stress and anxiety
- Strengthens focus and attention
- Useful for developing a sharp brain
- Portable and attractive
- May not be easy to assemble
- May not be the best gifts for younger children
13. Best For Learnng Rhythm: Neliblu Bulk Classroom Party Pack 12 Cymbals with Handles
Kids love to make noise. Gifting them these cymbals could help bring some rhythm to the noise. These colorful musical instrument come with plastic handles for convenient usage and are suitable for kids aged three years and above.
- Ideal for entertaining young kids
- Helps develop a sense of rhythm in kids
- Available in various bright colors
- High quality plastic and metal
- Comfortably sized for small hands to hold
- May be a bit noisy
14. Best For Ages Six And Above: Mini Animals Building Blocks Sets
How about gifting your guests a building set? Each block set comes with an instructions manual to help children build their respective animals.
- Includes 12 animal building block toys
- Each toy is independently packed
- Comes in different shapes and colors
- Helps improve imagination
- Not suitable for younger children
- Instructions may not be easy to follow
15. Best ForAdventure Lovers: Kicko 12 Toy Binoculars with Neck String
If your party guests are older kids, this pair of binoculars might excite them. This set comes with 12 pairs of binoculars.
- Made of durable, non-toxic plastic
- Available in three vibrant colors
- Encourages children to explore their surroundings
- Ideal gifts for adventurous children
- Strap may not be durable
- Magnification could have been slightly higher
Simple Tips For Selecting The Best Return Gifts For A Baby’s First Birthday Party
- Not all of the kids on your guest list would be of the same age. Thus, it is best to select return gifts based on the average age group of the children invited for the party.
- If you have a themed-party planned, then opt for gifts that go with the party theme.
- If you want your guests to receive the same gifts but still be unique, you can buy the same item in several colors.
- Do not give toys that can become choking hazards for your young guests. Any gift that is likely to cause allergy or injury is also best avoided.
- Lastly, buy gifts that suit your budget.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Selecting appealing yet useful return gifts can be challenging. Thus, Priti Bose has come up with a list of the best return gift ideas for your baby’s 1st birthday party. She has carefully explored and compared various options available before compiling this list. The suggested items cater to the taste and liking of children of different age groups. Moreover, she has also included a buying guide to help you choose some awesome return gifts for your guests.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is a unique way to celebrate your first birthday?
Celebrating the first birthday brings great joy to any parent, as this marks an important milestone or event. It’s all about creating the best memories for many more years to come. You can celebrate it simply and uniquely by going on a special vacation to a place that is special to you. Or you can choose to keep the celebration brief with limited guests cause long celebrations and hectic schedules might overwhelm your toddler. Plan for a pre-birthday photoshoot to create lasting memories, and create your own birthday theme that reflects your special bond with the baby.
2. Is returning a gift rude?
Yes, returning a gift is surely not acceptable manners. Instead, you can find more polite ways to let the guest know by politely asking them if you can exchange it for something better or just by saying thank you for the time and passing it to someone else or gift it to someone whom you think would love the gift.
3. What is the best return gift for a birthday party?
Here, in this article, we have listed some of the best return gifts suitable for the first birthday party.
Your child’s 1st birthday is always a special one. Hence, choosing a sensible and useful return gift is important as it is the part of the celebration that the guests take back with them. This list of the best return gift ideas for a 1st birthday party includes fun playthings from bubble dispensers to play dough. While choosing the gifts, ensure they are age-appropriate for young children and do not contain toxic components. Further, consider buying gifts that are useful as well as fun.
Infographic: Safety Considerations For Buying Return Gifts For One-Year-Olds
A return gift is like a tangible thank you given to the guests who have come to celebrate your baby’s first birthday. The return gift can also act as memorabilia of the baby’s yesteryears. Check out the infographic to for gifting ideas for one-year-olds.
- Best Birthday Gifts For A 1-Year-Old Baby Girl
- Best Gifts For One-Year-Old
- Best First Birthday Party Ideas
- Best First Birthday Party Games Ideas