If you are looking forward to furnishing your child’s bedroom, playroom, or nursery, a rocking chair could be a pick. They are cute and are available in various colors and themes. There are also low-height reclining chairs that are comfortable and give a relaxing effect to your child. There are varying material builts from a hardwood rocking chair to a plastic rocking chair and toy rocking chairs. This buyer’s guide to the best rocking chairs for kids will help you make the right purchase.
Top Products From Our List
11 Best Rocking Chairs For Kids
Measuring 17x24x18 inches, this denim-colored rocking chair for kids is made entirely from wood. The fabric is easy to clean and is long-lasting, and durable. It contains high-density foam and has no flame-retardant chemicals. You can also vacuum the fabric to maintain it. You can put this bubble chair in any cozy corner of the room for watching TV, relaxing, reading, etc., as the modern design will blend seamlessly into any room decor. This rocker chair is 100% OKEO-TEX standard certified.
- Handmade upholstery
- Sturdy and robust wooden frame
- Suitable for children from two to five years
- Padded and comfortable to sit
- Might soak some stains that might be difficult to remove
- Fabric of the chair is thin
- Might sink in easily
The rocking chair from the Delta Children Store is sturdy and has a robust frame. It measures 26.5×31.5×36 inches and weighs 68lb. The chair rocker offers a 5.5-inch thick seat cushion and is available in a taupe color and glider style. The glide motion of this toddler upholstered rocking chair provides a 360° swivel action. The steel mechanisms are soothing and assure quiet and gentle movements. The thickly padded armrests add extra comfort, and the chair is easy to assemble.
- Easy-to-clean fabric and removable cushions for easy maintenance
- Requires spot cleaning with mild soap and water
- Foam cushion with pocketed coil support
- Includes easy-to-understand instructions
- No base is attached that makes the chair wobbly
- Fabric has ripples on it
- Offers a low level of comfort
Available in a blue space-themed version, this wood rocking chair for kids measures 18.5×14.96×22.4 inches. It weighs 6.6lb and is hand-painted and handcrafted. This rocking chair has a robust wooden construction and is made from non-toxic, lead-free paints. The entire product takes around ten minutes to assemble, and the instructions offer step-by-step guidance. It is great for gifting purposes too.
- Seat of this rocker chair is nine-inch from the floor
- You can customize it according to your choice by painting
- Has a weight limit of 100-to 150lb
- Has an attractive design and color
- Has a flimsy design
- Might fall apart easily
- Rocking effect of this chair is barely felt
Slidewhizzer plastic rocking chair measures 31.88×15.15×17.32 inches and has a powder-coated finish type. The alloy steel frame ensures sturdiness and a stabilized built. The motion of the seesaw will attract the kids and offers electronic-free fun. The product is certified by the ASTM safety standards. This portable baby seat can support weight up to 77lb. The easy-to-read instructions will take minimal time to assemble.
- Has a rust-resistant finish
- Offers a larger range of motion
- Includes all the required parts and accessories
- Promotes coordination and balance among children
- Not suitable for children below three years
- Screws provided don’t fit properly
- Prone to tip over
The high-quality wooden chair is a stunning hand-painted chair, and the portable baby seat makes it more convenient. The seat is nine-inch high from the floor and measures 14.5×11.5 inches. It includes all the instructions required to assemble the chair and the hardware. This baby wooden rocking chair is 22.5-inch, and it can hold weight up to 70lb.
- Made from solid and robust hardwood
- Recommend for children from two to five years
- Personalized kid rocking chair
- Blend in with all the interiors of the home
- Paint might chip
- Some users might find the side of the chair small
Weighing 2.2lb and measuring 13×22.5×27.5 inches, this children’s rocking recliner comes in cherry color and is made entirely from wood. It is completely handmade and features detailed work. The solid wood construction is free from BPA and phthalate.
- Thick seat adds extra comfort
- All the tools required to assemble the chair are included in the package
- Lightweight and high-quality wooden chair
- Suitable for all age groups
- Assembly of the product is a bit tricky
- Has a low-quality construction
With a weighing capacity of 120lb, this product has all the safety requirements and offers your kid a cozy corner in the house. It has a contoured seat, and this rustic chair weighs only 13lb. The ergonomic design prevents it from falling over. The armrests on both sides will make sure the baby is comfortable, and its reasonable height allows a free up and down.
- Recommend for children from three to seven years
- Smooth surface will be delicate on the baby’s skin
- Offers stability and safety
- Swing angle of the product is accurate
- The screws provided have no cover plugs
- Might tip backward
Mybambino’s little kids rocking chair is available in white color and measures 18x23x28.5 inches, and weighs 15lb. This low-height reclining rocking chair has a modern design that will blend seamlessly into any room decor. It is made from sustainable rubberwood and is customizable with your child’s name.
- Seat is 11 1/4-inch above the floor
- Suitable for children of one to six years
- Attractive and stylish artwork on it
- Assembly can be a little tricky
- Might form scratches easily
Available in a set of two, these plus-size rocking chairs are attractive and durable. The cushions on the seat will provide extra comfort. It is made from birch plywood and a polyurethane finish. The interior steel frame is powder-coated, and the foam cushion and the cotton canvas covers are super soft to the skin. They can support weight up to 100lb. The size of the chairs is 16x19x25.5 inches, and the height of the seats is ten-inch.
- Comes with a small table measuring 10x10x12inches
- Removable cushion
- Machine-washable covers
- Has a contoured seat and soft edges
- Rock and the bounce effect is minimal
- Has an unfinished overall look
Lightweight and usually preferred for indoor and outdoor, toy rocking chairs from HooHobbers are 100% water-safe. This particular product measures 20×14.5×19.5 inches. The blue mesh and the red and yellow make it attractive and beautiful. The item weighs 4.1lb, and it has passed all the safety requirements.
- Versatile and durable
- Solid construction
- Will blend seamlessly into any corner of the room due to its modern design
- Foldable and storage-friendly
- Chair might tip forward and lean back often
- Made from low-quality plastic
Manufactured to meet all the safety standards, this bouncy chair for kids is one of the best plush rocking chairs available in the market. It comes in a unique unicorn shape that will sing soothing songs along. It has superior quality soft plush fabric and beautiful pastel colors to help the children in tactile learning and perception. Since it has a calming effect, this product will help your child pre-nap or get after-activity relaxation. The steel frame ensures a sturdy construction, whereas the wooden base gives a firm grip.
- Weighs 6.6lb
- Has a tall seatback
- Long-lasting and sturdy
- Suitable for kids above 18 months
- Sound function might not work at times
- Might not rock well at times
- Some users might find it unbalanced
How To Choose The Right Kids Rocking Chair?
Following are the features you should consider before buying a rocking chair for your child.
1. Material: Choose a plush fabric that is soft on the skin and won’t harm the baby’s delicate skin or the toddler. These materials should be stain-resistant, waterproof, and machine washable to maintain hygiene.
2. Built: Pick a chair that is strong, sturdy, and long-lasting. Go for high-quality materials that are robust and offer good support.
3. Size: The size of the chair must be big enough so that the baby/kid can sit comfortably and still has some room left. Compact rocking chairs are a good investment.
4. Aesthetics: Pick an attractive, colorful chair, and it should be suitable for your child and highly comfortable to sit on. It should also have a lovely rocking effect so your child can enjoy sitting on it. You can also go in for personalized rocking chairs.
5. Price: Look for a chair that is not expensive but also ticks all the boxes on your checklist. Do not run for brands, instead invest in well-built and enduring materials.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can you place newborns in rocking chairs?
Rocking chairs are not suggested for newborns and are not considered safe. It is because they cannot support themselves.
2. How old does a child need to be to use a rocking chair?
The ideal age for using a rocking chair should be one and a half years. Some manufacturers suggest that a child of three years or above can use their products. Ensure that the child has ample support while sitting on the rocking chair to ensure safety.
Kids love the rocking sensation as it relaxes them. Today, rocking chairs are an easy way to introduce fun and enjoyment to your child’s room. With varied options to match your child’s personality, make sure you consider the factors in picking a suitable product.