If you are designing your child’s nursery, a rocking chair can be a great addition to help you spend some cozy times with your little one. So, here’s our list of the best nursery gliders and baby rocking chairs to help you choose the right one. These chairs are comfortable and let you feed the baby conveniently or sit beside the baby to watch over or play. If your baby feels fussy, you can rock them in your arms while sitting on these chairs and soothe them back to sleep. However, finding a chair may be challenging with multiple designs and sizes available. So, take a look at the listed options to find an upholstered rocking chair that suits your needs.
11 Best Nursery Chairs
1. Best Stylish Nursery Chair: Babyletto Madison Swivel Glider
Babyletto’s swivel glider is a stylish piece of furniture that fits in with the rest of the home decor. Watch this video to get a detailed review of the baby rocking chair.
- The upholstery of the nursery rocking chair for breastfeeding is made from water-resistant, stain-resistant microsuede fabric. The base is made from durable metal.
- The fabric is very soft, which means you can comfortably sit in the chair for long hours.
- The upholstery is free from chemicals including flame retardants and formaldehyde.
- The backrest has contours to provide adequate support. You also get a 360-degree swivel movement.
- It has no footrest. You may also not find adequate neck support when you recline, although it depends on the height of the parent.
- Some parents did not find the product ideal for long term usage.
2. Best Comfortable Nursery Chair: Angel Line Monterey Glider & Ottoman
Angel Line, a trusted brand’s glider and ottoman, is perfect for a nursing mom and for an aesthetic living space.The design of the rocking chair with removable cushions and ottoman ensures that the parent can sit comfortably. Check this video to learn more about the reviewer’s experience of the upholstered glider.
- There is padding all over the seat, including the armrests. Many parents report the chair is very comfortable to sit in.
- The chair cushions can be removed for easy, spot cleaning.
- Both the feeding chair and ottoman frames are made from high-quality, durable wood
- Parents report squeaking sounds from the chair after months of usage.
- Many parents report the chair breaking either by the wood cracking or by the moving parts failing. However, such scenarios could occur due to overloading and improper assembly.
3. Best Customizable Nursery Chair: Storkcraft Custom Hoop Glider and Ottoman
Storkcraft offers a reasonable level of customization with this dad-and-mom-approved rocking chair with an ottoman, letting you pick one that fits in with the other furniture in your home.
- Pattern and color options available for the upholstery, making it nearly a custom-made glider.
- The armrest comes with a side pocket.
- The frame of the feeding chair is made from durable wood. The heavy metal ball bearings of the rocking armchair enable smooth gliding motion.
- The upholstery is not water-resistant, and the product does not come with an upholstery cover.
- The product weight limit is only 250 pounds (113 kilograms), which is on the lower side.
- Some parents report the padding going out of shape and the movement of the chair becoming noisier after months of usage.
Best Stylish Nursery Chair
Best Comfortable Nursery Chair
Best Customizable Nursery Chair
|Babyletto Madison Swivel Glider||Angel Line Monterey Glider & Ottoman||Storkcraft Custom Hoop Glider and Ottoman|
|Weight||38.6 pounds||50 Pounds||45 pounds|
|Frame Material||Select Hardwoods and Plywood, Birch wood legs||Wood||-|
|Dimensions||31"D x 28.75"W x 29.75"H||1"D x 1"W x 1"H||25.5 x 21.5 x 38.5 inches|
|Buy Now||Buy Now||Buy Now|
4. Best Well-Padded Nursery Chair: Graco Parker Semi-Upholstered Glider
This nursing glider, from the trusted brand Graco, is made for mothers who are looking for the ultimate comfort while breastfeeding. Check out this review video showcasing the tester’s experience with the rocking chair for nursery decor to learn more.
- The ottoman has a well-cushioned seat with a smooth gliding motion like the chair.
- There is a foldable footrest at the base of the ottoman. You can use the footrest while seated on the chair.
- The seat is plush and well-padded. The upholstery can be cleaned with a damp cloth.
- The chair lacks any protective cover, and the upholstery is not water resistant.
- The product weight limit is 250 pounds (113 kilograms), which is on the lower side when compared to other glider chairs.
5. Best High-Capacity Nursery Chair: Nursery Works Sleepytime Rocker
This safety-tested rocking chair for soothing babies is a modern nursery rocker chair that is big enough to accommodate individuals with a heavy build comfortably.
- The base of the chair is arched and made from hardwood for durability.
- The comfortable glider has a wide stance thanks to the legs that are spaced right for improved stability during rocking.
- The manufacturer ships the chair with a lumbar support pillow for extra support to your lower back.
- The upholstery is durable and can be spot cleaned.
- There is no protective cover for the upholstery.
- The wider stance gives the chair a low backrest, which may be uncomfortable for some users.
6. Best Swivel Nursery Chair: DaVinci Ruby Recliner and Glider
If you are looking for a gliding motion, reclining feature, and swivel motion in the same chair, then DaVinci Ruby is for you. This rocking recliner offers these features and more – all in one package. The chair has passed scientific tests for chemical emission and is Green Guard- and FCS-certified.
- The circular metal base allows for a 360-degree swivel motion. A gliding metal frame lets you glide the chair.
- A safety feature prevents the feeding chair from sliding when it is reclined.
- A lumbar cushion keeps your lower back comfortable.
- There is a retractable footrest attached to the frame of the chair. Pull the footrest out when you need it and push it down to fold it back when not in use.
- The upholstery is made from soft and durable polyester, which is easy to spot clean. It is free of chemicals and flame retardants, making it a safe and effective option.
- Some parents say that the chair is too deep for people of short stature.
- A few report that the cushioning is a bit firm, but it can depend on one’s personal preference.
7. Best Swivel Nursery Chair: Baby Relax Double Rocker
It features an extra wide seat compared to a standard nursery rocker recliner. It is a trusted choice for both moms and dads.
- The nursing chair has a wide stance. The manufacturer claims that it is one and a half times wider than regular rocker chairs, enabling you to sit in a comfortable nursing position.
- The arched wooden base is designed to prevent the chair from dangerously rocking backward.
- The gliding rocker comes with minimal parts, which makes assembly easy.
- The padding may come across as firm for some parents.
- Some users found it hard to rock the chair and also felt the degree of rocking was not sufficient.
8. Best Relaxing Glider Chair: Baby Relax Mikayla Swivel Gliding Recliner
The modern nursery glider chair has the broadest angle of recline. It is the ideal chair for moms who like to stretch and relax a little on their nursery chair.
- A circular base allows for a 360-degree of motion. It also has a heavy metal frame that allows for a smooth and stable gliding motion.
- The angle of recline is high. You can also pull out a foldable footrest to rest your legs while reclining.
- The spring core foam seat makes it a comfortable glider to sit for a longer duration.
- The chair can hold a maximum weight of 225 pounds (102 kilograms), which is on the lower side.
- There is no lumbar support; neither through built-in cushioning nor through an additional lumbar support pillow for the back.
9. Best Relaxing Glider Chair: Windsor Glider and Ottoman
It is a practical, safe, and effective glider with functional features such as a sliding ottoman, padded armrests, and storage pockets.
- There is a generous amount of padding on the chair.
- This nursery glider with storage pockets on the outside of each armrest helps keep the baby’s supplies accessible during breastfeeding or bottle feeding.
- It comes with an ottoman that can be used as a footrest or a stand-alone stool.
- Some parents complain of squeaking sounds after a few months of usage.
- Some reported a crack or a break in the frame following regular usage for months, although it can depend on the item received.
10. Best Glider With Storage Pockets: Naomi Home Brisbane Glider and Ottoman
Naomi Home’s feeding chair and glider is an excellent combination of comfort and durability. The dad-and-mom-approved product ships with an ottoman too.
- A comfortable glider with a thick seat and soft cushioning even on the armrest. The comfort level is the same as the ottoman that can be used as a footrest.
- There are large storage pockets on both sides of the chair to keep the baby’s supplies at an arm’s distance away.
- The backrest is tall and will provide sufficient head support when you lean backward.
- Some parents did not find the product very durable. Also, a few parents noticed the shaking and cracking of the chair’s frame after several months of use.
11. Best Reclining Glider Chair: Dutailier Sleigh Glider
Dutailier’s glider offers the perfect reclining angle to feed your baby comfortably. This nursery chair and ottoman set would make a suitable addition to your nursery furniture collection.
- The backrest of the chair is designed to shift into multiple positions, making it a safe and effective choice for moms. A lever at the base of the chair allows you to move the backrest to your favorite angle of recline.
- The frame of the chair and the ottoman is made from high-quality, durable wood.
- The edges of the chair and ottoman have smooth edges for added safety. The product is not treated with any harmful chemicals.
- A few parents did not find the quality of the product as good as the other products in the market.
- Some parents found the cushioning to be too firm, but that can vary as per one’s personal preference.
What Is A Nursery Chair?
A nursery chair is a padded, cushioned chair made for a parent to sit and feed the baby. Since the chair is likely to be placed in the baby’s nursery, it is also called a nursery chair.
The difference between a nursery rocking chair and a nursery glider is that rockers have curved feet, shaped like an arch, to allow for them to rock while a glider chair has its feet assembled within a frame, which works as the base of the chair. The feet move back and forth within the frame, making it seem like the chair’s base sits on the rails. The frame of a glider also works as a safety mechanism to prevent the chair from rocking dangerously.
Some glider chairs also have a swivel function, which allows the chair to turn 360°. The complex mechanism of glider chairs can make them a bit expensive when compared to rocking chairs. There are plenty of choices available in nursery chairs, but parents may wonder if it is a good idea to invest in one.
[ Read : Babyhug Fun Feast High chair ]
Do You Need A Nursery Chair?
You may consider getting a nursery chair for your baby’s room because:
- It provides a comfortable space to feed. The cushioning of the nursery chair lets you feed the baby comfortably. Plus, the chair can be an exclusive place in the baby’s room where you can sit and breastfeed in peace.
- It takes the strain off your body after delivery. Also, your belly region would be more tender if you have had a C-section. A tried-and-tested nursery chair avoids any additional strain on your belly and back thanks to its padding. Some chairs also have a recline option, which further alleviates any bodily discomfort.
- It can be soothing for the baby. The rocking motion of the chair can soothe and calm an upset baby. You can use the chair to calm a crying baby or help them fall asleep without any fuss.
Different brands of nursery chairs have different features, which you must evaluate before making a choice.
[ Read : CiCi Musical Baby Rocker Review ]
How To Choose The Right Nursery Chair?
Keep the following checklist of features with you when shopping for nursery rocking chairs and gliders:
- Smooth motion: One of the most popular features is that the movement of the chair should not feel jerky and uncomfortable. It should also be easy to set the chair in motion.
- No noises: Squeaky sound from a rocking chair and clanking of metal from a glider are a no-no. These sounds will be an annoyance to you and will disturb the baby’s sleep, so look for a product type that offers noiseless functioning.
- Comfortable: Check for adequate lumbar support and the presence of armrests. Some chairs ship with a footrest, which further elevates the comfort levels.
[ Read : Babyhug Urban 4 in 1 High Chair ]
- Easy to sit: Pick a chair that does not require you to pull it before sitting. A chair that is easy to sit in and get out of is ideal since you will be holding the baby.
- Sturdy construction: A nursery chair is where you will often sit with your precious little one in your arms. With that in mind, a strong, well-built rocking chair or glider is the one you must pick.
- Convenient to clean: Chairs that come with protective and washable slipcovers are preferable since they are easy to clean.
- Extra furniture: Some nursery chairs ship with a cushioned stool or ottoman that can also double as a footrest. Such chairs are definitely a great option.
Gopa Bezboruah, a parenting and travel blogger, says, “Gliders or baby rocking chairs can be a great addition to your baby’s nursery and can help enhance the room’s decor. Bring home one to relax and bond with your little one.” She adds, “Consider buying one that can be used for years. It should also be easy to clean and store.”
[ Read : 1st Step High Chair Installation ]
Why Trust MomJunction?
This post on the best nursery gliders and baby rocking chairs brings you products that can prove to be a valuable addition to your child’s nursery. These have been chosen from trustworthy brands and companies. Our selection procedure included going through several user reviews and people’s experiences to check the durability and comfort of the chairs and only choosing the ones that will suit you the best.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I need a nursery glider?
A nursery glider is not essential, but it helps soothe your little one. It allows mothers to feed easily and provides comfortable nap time. However, remember that your little one should not sleep continuously in your arms in a glider.
2. Is a glider or rocker better for the nursery?
Unlike traditional rockers, gliders glide back and forth smoothly. They come with padded seatings for comfort and can accommodate the mother and the baby with ease.
3. When should I remove a glider or rocking chair from the nursery?
Removing a glider or rocking chair is a personal choice. You can use them until your baby tries to climb on a chair.
4. How do I clean a nursery glider?
It is best to follow the manufacturer’s instructions to clean your nursery glider. You may spot-clean the glider cushion with a damp cloth.
Nursery gliders and baby rocking chairs come in handy when you have a baby. You can use them to feed your baby or watch over them while playing. The best nursery gliders and baby rocking chairs are sturdy and offer optimum comfort. Our top picks include the Angel Line Monterey Glider & Ottoman, which is easy to clean, and the Storkcraft Custom Hoop Glider and Ottoman, which offers several customization options. You may also consider the Windsor Glider and Ottoman for its ample storage space and generous padding. However, ensure the chair has smooth movement and soft high-performance fabric to sit comfortably for long. Also, consider its design and factors like low maintenance, ease of cleaning and use, and other safety features.
Infographic: What Are The Advantages Of Nursery Gliders?
Nursery gliders are specially designed chairs that allow parents to relax and bond with their babies in the nursery. Understanding the benefits of investing in these chairs can help you appreciate their importance and utility. Explore the infographic below to discover the various advantages of nursery gliders for your baby’s nursery.
- Sleep problems – babies and toddlers.
- Best Baby Rockers
- Best Adirondack Chairs For Relaxation
- Best Nursery Furniture Sets
- Best Recliners For Sleeping