Have you noticed increased hair growth during pregnancy? Do you keep plucking and shaving them that have resulted in breakouts? It’s the active hormones you can blame for those unwanted hairs.
Well, all this is absolutely normal and you may also find hair growth where you never had hair. Hair generally appears coarse, dark and thick. If you want to use hair removal products like Nair during pregnancy to keep yourself clean, you need to make sure you consult your health care professional first.
A Closer Look – Is Nair Safe During Pregnancy?
This is a hair removing topical agent that is applied on the skin to get rid of unwanted hair. Nair is generally considered safe during pregnancy.
- The mild chemicals that mix with the bloodstream of the would-be mother do not affect the unborn in any way.
- However, some consider it best to avoid any sorts of chemicals during pregnancy and rather find it convenient to use epilator or an electric shaver.
- Also, women with sensitive skin or allergies often find it difficult to use Nair in the course of pregnancy.
Consultations with your doctor are a wise idea before you start using any chemicals during pregnancy.
- Health care professionals generally recommend avoiding any sorts of chemicals in the first trimester of pregnancy. This is the phase when your baby undergoes several developmental changes.
- If you are too cautious, you may avoid using such products until you reach the second or the third trimester. This is the time when the risk factors have reduced significantly.
- Nair has been recommended by experts such as Christina Chambers for the shortest possible time, as this ensures the chemicals get very little time to be absorbed by the blood stream.
[ Read: Facial During Pregnancy ]
Women generally get highly sensitive to smells during pregnancy. Look for the following symptoms that and consider them seriously:
- Smell of beauty products such as Nair may appear strong and result in headaches and nausea.
- Your becomes very sensitive during pregnancy. The area around breasts gets highly sensitive. In case of any discomfort or allergies, you must discontinue its use and inform your doctor.
- If you opt for professional services in a spa or salon, you must check with the services and ensure they are trained to work with the expecting mothers.
- If you choose to avoid chemicals, shaving, tweezing and waxing are some good options.
[ Read: Hair Rebonding During Pregnancy ]
Benefits Of Nair During Pregnancy:
Many find beauty products such as Nair convenient and an easy process of removing hair. Compared to shaving, waxing and epilating during pregnancy, use of hair removing products seems lot for easier and hassles free. Women using Nair find hair growth less frequent that frees them from shaving frequently.
Even though Nair has been considered by most of the manufacturers and experts as safe during pregnancy, there has not been extensive research on the subject.
- Read the instructions well and stop using the product immediately in case of skin irritations or rashes.
- The March of Dimes states that you must use hair removing creams in a well ventilated area, so that you are not easily bothered by the strong odor.
- You must make it a point to check with your health care provider. In case you are unsure about its use, it is better avoiding it.
You have every right to look and feel good about yourself during pregnancy. Go ahead, pamper yourself, but remember to be safe. Following the guidelines laid down by your healthcare provider will ensure you as well as your baby is healthy and happy.
Have you ever used this cream? Share your experiences with us about using Nair during pregnancy:
- Is It Safe To Color Your Hair During Pregnancy?
- 8 Hair & Foot Spa Do’s & Don’ts During Pregnancy
- Is It Safe To Get Facials During Pregnancy?