Throwing a birthday party for your kid? Looking to make it extra special and giving it a twist? There could be nothing better than throwing a Halloween themed party. As many kids love spooky things, this will make them love your idea!
Check out the best items that would make great scary-feel foods, something that you can quickly whip up during Halloween also!
Top 10 Halloween Food Ideas For Kids:
Well, a Halloween themed party doesn’t mean you only have to focus on the dress and decorations, your food will need to be spooky too. And if you’ve decided to handle the menu yourself, we are here to help. Check out some cool Halloween food for kids party that you can prepare easily at home.
1. Ghostie Bananas:
These are a quick and healthy finger food that kids invited will gobble down in minutes.
- Cut each banana into half and using a piping bag containing dark chocolate cream.
- Draw eyes and a scary grin on the banana such that it has a ‘ghosty’ look to it.
- So easy and simple easy Halloween food for kids!
[ Read: Party Food Ideas For Kids ]
2. Skeleton Cupcakes:
Baking your own batch of homemade cupcakes? Give them a spooky twist.
- Just cover each cupcake with chocolate cream.
- Use marzipan or white fondant to mould a skeleton’s head.
- Use chocolate chips for eyes, and place it onto each cupcake.
3. Finger Rolls:
This one is a cool twist to the veggie rolls you’ll be making for your kid.
- Wrap up some freshly chopped vegetables stir fried in a spicy sauce in a sheet of basic pastry dough.
- Roll it up tightly such that the shape and size match that of a human finger.
- Now cut out ‘nails’ using a tomato, and place it over the area where the fingernail should be.
- Bake till the crust turns golden brown.
4. Alien Cookies:
There’s nothing better than baking a batch of fresh, homemade cookies. However, this time you’ll be giving your cookies a dark streak.
- Keep your cookie batter plain and simple, no choco chips or any other chunks.
- When you place them on the baking tray, create two depressions for both the eyes of the alien.
- Then using a piping bag, shape eyes using chocolate sauce in the depression. Bake and serve!
[ Read: Winter Recipes For Kids ]
5. Spooky Pizza:
This halloween party food for kids will surely be a favourite amongst all.
- Look up some simple pizza recipe online and stick to using fresh ingredients for the pizza.
- Now, instead of topping the pizza with grated cheese, cut out cheese slices in the shape of floating ghosts, and place them over the red pizza sauce.
- Use chopped olives for the ghost’s eyes and serve with terror!
6. Boo Spaghetti:
Kids absolutely love spaghetti, and here’s a good way to make it spooky and perfect for the scary theme of Halloween.
- On a plate of spaghetti topped with red tomato sauce, make a scary face using cream cheese from a piping bag.
[ Read: Mocktail Recipes For Kids ]
7. Grave Milkshake:
Here is a spooky milkshake that kids will gulp down in a jiffy.
- Prepare a simple milkshake and pour it into small glasses.
- Now break simple round biscuits into half and write down ‘RIP’ on each one using a piping bag containing chocolate cream, and allow it to dry.
- Place this on the milkshake using support of the glass’s edge and taking care that the biscuit doesn’t get submerged.
8. Smiley Bites:
Another healthy and power packed snack to try out. All you need for this kids halloween food is a few apples and a bag of small white marshmallows.
- Cut out slices of apple (unpeeled) such that the edge of each side looks like a lip.
- Now place two ‘lips’ together and
- Between each lip add some marshmallows to hold them in place. You can also use chocolate cream that hardens on drying.
[ Read: Healthy Recipes For Kids Food ]
9. Mummy Sausages:
Used to eating hot dogs between a bun and drizzling some mustard and ketchup? Give the good old sausages a new avatar!
- Prepare dough, cut out sheets and wrap them around a sausage like a ‘mummy,’ leaving some space for the ‘face.’
- Add details to the face using ketchup, olives and other foods and bake it till the crust is crisp.
10. Eye Pie:
Is it a simple pasta bake or a shepherd’s pie you’re attempting to transform? Yes, it can be the one of the best kids halloween party foods.
- Prepare the pie as usual.
- Just before you’re about to put it in the oven to bake, cut out some sheets from a simple pasta
dough and place it on the top in a manner that it looks creepy.
- Finally, add a couple of olives in the appropriate places for the ‘eyes’ and finally bake.
So here they are, our top 10 list of halloween foods for kids on the spookiest day of the year. These Halloween finger foods are sure to make your kid go all wide eyed and happy, and what’s best is that they are healthy too!
Have more yummy halloween food ideas for kids? Share them with us.
- 10 Delicious Finger Foods For Kids Party
- Healthy Food For Kids And Teens
- Top 20 Bread Recipes For Kids That You Can Try Today
- 10 Best Iron Rich Foods For Your Kids
- 10 Yummy Summer Food Options For Your Kids
Latest posts by Enozia Vakil (see all)
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis In Children - 7 Symptoms & 4 Remedies - January 16, 2017
- Canker Sores In Children - Causes, Treatment And Remedies - January 12, 2017
- How To Treat Drool Rash In Babies? - June 5, 2015
- Is It Important To Wash Your Newborn Baby Clothes Before Using? - June 3, 2015
- The Ultimate Twin Pregnancy Care Checklist - May 21, 2015
- How Do Eating Disorders Affect During Pregnancy? - May 20, 2015
- Feeding Problems & Disorder In Infants – 11 Causes & Symptoms You Should Be Aware Of - May 15, 2015
- 8 Serious Causes Of Acne In Toddlers - May 13, 2015
- Is It Safe To Eat Eggs While Breastfeeding? - May 13, 2015
- Sleep Disorders In Toddlers – Types, Causes & Treatments - May 13, 2015