Hyderabad is a growing city with new opportunities opening up every day. If you have moved to the city of late, or if your child has reached the age of schooling, finding the best school is not an easy task, as you have multiple criteria to take care of before you make a decision.
The south Indian city is teeming with top-notch schools that cater to both the Indian and international population. These schools are shaping an ambitious generation and readying them to take on global competition and excel. We have compiled a list of top schools in Hyderabad, to help you decide.
20 Best Schools In Hyderabad:
1. Jubilee Public School:
Jubilee Public School, located in west Hyderabad, was founded in 1986. What started as a small school has grown into one where people line up to get admission for their children. This is the best school in Hyderabad and the school today has a staff of over 75 and close to 2,000 students.
- The school follows CBSE syllabus, and the medium of instruction is English.
- All students from classes I to XII learn life skills and computer science apart from English, mathematics and science.
- Students can opt between Telugu and Hindi as a second language.
- Interactive whiteboards and other cutting-edge technology are used to make studying fun and interactive.
- The school has airy classrooms equipped with audio-visual aids such as LCD projectors and a computer.
- A medical room and a large auditorium are also a part of the school campus.
- The canteen on campus aims at providing healthy and nutritious food at reasonable rates.
- A stationary outlet on the campus ground is kept stocked with textbooks, pens, and other necessities.
Address: Road No: 71, BLOCK III, Jubilee Hills Hyderabad – 500033.
Phone: 040-23548584 040-23607797
[ Read: International Schools In Hyderabad ]
2. Johnson Grammar School:
This progressive school was founded in 1979 and is one of the very first schools in India accredited with ISO 9002 certification. The school aims at providing every child the right ambiance to learn and grow into mature adults.
- The school follows the CICSE system of education from nursery to class XII. Recently the school has also begun to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) program for interested students.
- Dance, drama, and music are given prominence with classes for each of them.
- Students can choose a form of fine arts such as dance and music, in which extensive training is provided to them.
- Students are trained in sports by specialized trainers. This facility is also offered for parents, after-school hours and on weekends.
- Spacious, well-planned classrooms, indoor and outdoor sports areas, studios for dance, music and art, and an amphitheater are just a few of the many USPs of this modernistic school.
- The school also provides day care facilities for kids of working parents.
Address: 12-10-590/109, Warasiguda, Hyderabad – 500061.
Phone Number: 040 2707 7648
Email id: jgschoolICSE@yahoo.com
3. P Obul Reddy Public School:
The school opened its doors to public in the year 1989 to render quality education and has taken its motto seriously over the past 25 years.
- This is a co-educational school that follows CBSE syllabus and has classes from nursery to class XII.
- Children coming from a poor financial background are given assistance in the form of transport, concession in fees and free uniform and books.
- The school has a scholarly approach and children are motivated to excel in both academics and co-curricular activities.
- The school sprawls over 5.5 acres and has all the modern amenities that you may look for in a school. It has modern hi-tech separate labs for physics, chemistry, and biology.
- It also has excellent reading rooms and well-stocked libraries.
- A state-of-the-art sports complex allows students to pursue sports of their choice, such as basketball, hockey, cricket, and tennis.
Address: AMS P. Obul Reddy Public School Road No. 25, Jubilee Hills Hyderabad – 500 033.
Tel: 040 – 23548912 / 23553238.
4. Chirec International School:
Chirec International School is located on a lush green campus in Kondapur. The school has been in existence for over 20 years and is one of the best international schools in the country with two branches. This school is the vision of Ratna Reddy.
Chirec has been ranked as the first best CBSE school in Hyderabad and Telangana in 2015.
- CBSE, IB, and Cambridge curriculum are followed in the school. Students who belong to globally mobile communities can opt for the IB or Cambridge curriculum.
- The school provides students the opportunity to explore and discover their talents.
- Sports, arts, music, and dance, apart from other cognitive activities are part of learning at Chirec.
- The absence of end-of-term evaluation until class V makes learning a fun and engaging process with no pressure.
- The classrooms are large and airy and fitted with state-of-the-art audio-visual aids.
- The laboratories are equipped and updated from time-to-time to handle international level curriculum with ease.
- Modern facilities such as auditoriums and art and craft rooms allow children to pursue their interest in arts.
Address: Plot No. 962, Road No. 48, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad – 500033.
Phone Number: 040 2354 0093
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Delhi Public School Hyderabad:
DPS is a pioneering name in the field of education and has left no stone unturned in their pursuit to render quality and holistic education. DPS Hyderabad opened in 2002 and had earned reputation in the city. This is one of the good schools in Hyderabad which aims at molding children to have a clear mindset and give them the exposure they need.
- The school follows CBSE syllabus and has classes from pre-primary to class XII.
- The teachers believe and follow the motto, ‘Service before self’, and lead the students in every way. The handpicked faculty is trained to handle children with different strengths.
- The students are provided with career guidance and counseling.
- Interschool competitions, guest visits, a creative corner, and educational trips are part of the school’s curriculum.
- Little needs to be said about the infrastructure of a DPS school. It has state-of-the-art facilities, modern teaching aids and spacious and well-ventilated classrooms.
- The campus has an infirmary and a skating ring.
- A mini golf ring and large swimming pool are also part of the school’s infrastructure.
Address: Survey No 74, Khajaguda Village, Golkonda Post, Hyderabad – 500008.
Phone: +91-40-29806765, 29806766
6. Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan:
Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s Public School was inaugurated His Holiness Swami Ranganathanandaji in the year 1979. The vidyashram aims at providing quality education integrated with spiritual values adapted to meet the needs of the modern times.
- The school follows the CBSE syllabus and has classes until XII.
- The school faculty is experienced and well-trained and help students gain all-round development.
- Co-curricular activities are given equal importance.
- The school has state-of-the-art computer centers with large LCD projectors, computers, and CD writers. It has audio-visual aids that make teaching and learning fun and interactive.
- A hygienic and well-run canteen offers nutritious food at reasonable prices.
- The library is well stocked, and excursions are part of learning at the school.
Address: Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan’s Public School VIDYASHRAM, Road No.71, Film Nagar, Hyderabad – 33.
E-mail ID: email@example.com
7. Hyderabad Public School:
The school is a publically funded institute in Telangana state. It was founded way back in 1972 and has over 1,700 students. It has gained the reputation of being one of the best schools in Hyderabad. The three-acre campus is in the heart of the residential Reddy Colony that gives it an added advantage.
- The school offers ICSE curriculum. Co-curricular activities and sports are given equal importance.
- The staff and teachers pay individual attention to each child.
- This school has well-planned classrooms, library, labs, and sports areas.
- There are separate labs for Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The large campus also has exclusive studios for dance, music, drama and arts training for children to excel in their hobbies and interests.
Address: 1-11-87 & 88 , S.P. Road, Begumpet,Hyderabad – 500016.
Ph No: 9140-2776-1546, 9140-2776-0038.
Fax No: 9140-2776-4698.
8. Nasr Schools for Girls and Boys:
Nasr aims at providing ideal education to prepare its students for their future. The school focuses on molding young minds in tune with the progressing world of today.
- The school follows ICSE syllabus and has separate schools for boys and girls. Though the school is run by Muslims, they accept students from all religions.
- Workshops based on theory and practicals are conducted to help children understand the concepts better.
- Co-curricular activities are given equal importance, and students are encouraged to take pursue dance, music or art.
- The school has large and airy classrooms.
- The libraries are well-stocked, and the labs are in tune with the curriculum.
- The campus has a large playground that has facilities for games like hockey, volleyball, and cricket.
Address: Road No. 12 Banjara Hills, Hyderabad – 500034.
Locality: Banjara Hills
9. Gitanjali Devashala:
Gitanjali Devashala belongs to the reputed Gitanjali group of schools. This branch is coeducational and blends quality education with the teachings of Indian heritage and culture.
- The school follows the ICSE syllabus and has classes I to XII.
- Each child is motivated and encouraged to unearth their talents and excel in them.
- Teachers go an extra mile to integrate fun ways of learning at this school.
- The school has state-of-the-art facilities. It has a large playground that enables students to pursue sports of their choice.
- There are separate labs for primary and secondary classes, all of which are equipped to handle the modern curriculum.
- The libraries are kept well stocked, and students are encouraged to read and expand their horizons.
Address: Mayuri Marg Begumpet, Hyderabad – 500016.
10. DAV Public School:
DAV strives at providing a platform for children to explore, discover and learn. The school’s motto and mission are simple yet profound:
“Dream dreams for our children,
Give them the space to grow,
Recognize that each child is valued,
Nurture the future with love and care.”
- The school follows the CBSE curriculum at the secondary level.
- At +2 level, students can opt for MPC with biotechnology or computers and BPC with biotechnology or computers.
- Students interested in the arts stream can opt for mathematics and computers as an optional subject.
- Co-curricular activities include art, painting, dance, gardening, music, clay molding, yoga, and skating.
- The school has integrated with NIIT to provide its children a basic knowledge of computers.
- Environmental consciousness and life skills are also taught as part of the school’s curriculum.
- DAV provides large sports ground, well-stocked libraries, and workshops.
- The labs are fully equipped to cater to the latest changes in the curriculum. There are also digital labs for maths, science, and biology.
Address: Santosh Nagar, Hyderabad G.P.O. Hyderabad -500001, Landmark: Near BDL Midhani Company Hyderabad – 500001.
Phone: 040-24342036, 040-23553547
11. Sanghamitra School, Nizampet:
This school started with just eight teachers and less than 150 students in 1900 and today has grown to have close to 100 teachers and 2,000 students. The school is home to excellent infrastructure, opportunities, and facilities and is just the place for your child to grow and excel.
- The school follows the CBSE syllabus and has classes from I to X.
- Special care is taken by teachers to make studies less monotonous and drab. Innovative methods and tools are used to help students understand the concepts better.
- The website is student and parent-friendly and provides details about the homework that a student needs to do.
- Formative assessments are conducted and students lagging behind are given remedial lessons.
- This modern school has state-of-the-art facilities to provide every student an opportunity to excel in what he likes and is good at.
- The library is well-stocked with books and reference material for both students and teachers.
- There is also a large auditorium, audio-visual room, and well equipped labs.
- A fun room and a sick room apart from an arts and craft room are part of the school’s campus.
Address: 2-32, Nizampet Road, Hydernagar, Kukatpally, Hyderabad – 500 085.
Phone: 040 23893847, 040 23052930
[ Read: ICSE Schools In Hyderabad ]
12. Vikas Concept School:
Vikas Concept School is the brainchild S Koteswara Rao, who is the founder-director of the famous Guntur Vikas Group of educational institutions. The school is focused on imparting and reaching a benchmark in conceptualized teaching. It aims at imparting international level education and facilities to its students.
- The school is affiliated to CBSE and strives to provide an interactive and student-friendly atmosphere.
- The management has personalized the syllabus by imbibing the positive aspects and methodologies of other boards.
- The curriculum is not purely academic. Emphasis is laid on all-round development, and co-curricular activities are encouraged.
- The school believes that education is complete only with the all-round development of the body and mind. Students are given ample opportunity to work on their talents.
- Lawn tennis and basketball courts are part of the vast playground.
- The labs are equipped with all the state-of-the-art instruments and aids.
- The school has a seminar hall and residential facilities for students whose parents live abroad.
Address: Survey No. 300/A, Bachupally, Qutubullapur Mandal, Off Miyapur, Kukatpally, R.R. Dist, Hyderabad – 500090.
Phone: 040 2304 2966
13. The Jain International School (VIBGYOR High):
Jain International was recently acquired by VIBGYOR High chain of schools. The school boasts of modern and well-planned amenities and experienced staff. The school strives to provide students all-round exposure while fostering their interests and talents.
- The school has classes from Junior Kindergarten to class XII and follows CBSE syllabus.
- The curriculum is well thought of, and learning is made interactive and fun. Children are not pressurized and are allowed to learn at their pace.
- Jain International also teaches French.
- Sports such as skating, aerobics, and gymnastics are taught at the school. There are trained professionals to teach students a sport of their choice.
- The campus has spacious air-conditioned classrooms.
- Modern teaching aids, LCD monitors, and audio visual aids are integrated into each classroom.
- Being a residential school, the campus also has a canteen and infirmary.
- Separate hostels are provided for boys and girls with all modern facilities.
Address: Survey No 349/364, Medchal Highway, Kallakal Village, Behind Kallakal Bus Stop, Toopran Mandal, NH-7, Medchal, Hyderabad – 501401.
Phone Number: 9391544653
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
14. Sreenidhi International School:
Sreenidhi sprawls over 60 acres and boasts of world class amenities and infrastructure. The school prides in being one of the many prestigious institutions in the country that impart quality education.
- The school allows its students to opt between IB curriculum, ICSE, and ICS.
- The curriculum is well-planned and integrates modern technology to help each student understand the concepts.
- Sports and extra-curricular activities are encouraged.
- The residential school offers separate accommodation for boys and girls.
- Classrooms are spacious with interactive smart boards.
- The school has a well-stocked library and modern labs for different subjects.
- The management organizes cultural exchanges and activities, as well as film screening on the campus.
Address: Near Appa Junction, Aziznagar, Moinabad, Hyderabad – 500075.
Ph No.: 099122 44409
Email id: email@example.com
15. Sentia School:
The school believes in creating a happy environment which they believe is reflected in the success and exuberance of their students. The school understands that today’s generation has to compete on a competitive platform and that quality education is critical for them to be able to thrive.
- The school follows the CBSE syllabus and has classes from pre-primary to class XII.
- It has partnered with iDISCOVERi – a Social enterprise with the sole motto to render the best of education to its students. This is led by a group of renowned and passionate educators, successful management professionals, and well-trained psychologists. Alumni of Harvard and IIMs are also part of this group that aims at creating a curriculum that is suitable for today’s generation.
- Smart genius abacus is also taught as part of the school curriculum right from pre-primary level.
- The school is built on three acres of land and has an athletic track.
- The campus has an indoor shuttle court and auditorium apart from volleyball courts and a cricket field.
- There is a canteen to serve hot and hygienic food at reasonable rates.
- The computer hall is fully air-conditioned and houses over 50 computers.
Address: Beside BK Enclave, Road No.2, Near Miyapur Bus Depot, Miyapur, Hyderabad – 500049
Phone: 099852 88821
16. Silver Oaks:
The school has aims at imparting holistic education through a contemporary system that is in tune with today’s needs.
- The school has classes from nursery to class X. It follows the CBSE board.
- Extracurricular activities and sports such as swimming, cricket and skating are taught in the school.
- The school has a conducive environment for children to explore and learn. The teachers go an extra mile in supporting students in all their endeavors.
- Silver Oaks has labs, ventilated classrooms, audio-visual rooms and auditoriums.
- The vast playground has facilities to indulge in sports like volleyball, tennis and cricket.
- The school also has a large swimming pool and a skating rink.
Address: Bachupally, Miyapur, Hyderabad – 500090.
Ph: +91-40-23047777, 23048888, 23047788, Ph: 9440800696.
E-mail ids: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
[ Read: Best Schools In India ]
17. Kennedy High – The Global School:
The school is strategically located in Miyapur and is said to be one of the best residential schools in the city.
- The curriculum at the school is planned by experienced academicians and helps render academic excellence and wholesome development of every student.
- The school offers CBSE and IGCSE curriculum, and the students are also trained for IIT and AIEEE right from middle school.
- Dance, art and music are given equal importance. Students are encouraged to excel in their hobbies.
- The school has facilities that are on par with most international schools of the age. Large and airy classrooms are fitted with interactive boards and other audio-visual aids.
- An animation studio has been newly opened to teach students graphics and animation.
- The vast playground has facilities to train its students in some sports.
Address: Survey No. 499/A, IDA Bollaram X Road, Miyapur-Medchal Highway, Bachupally, Hyderabad – 500090.
Ph: 040 6464 6477
Email id: email@example.com
18. Vidyaranya High School:
This school is over five decades old and is one of the best schools in town. The founder of the school Shanta Rameshwar Rao believes that ‘it is not just a school but is a way of life’. Here children are allowed to grow without the pressure of academics. Education is fun and interesting, with every child wanting to learn.
- The school has classes from I to XII and follows the ICSE syllabus.
- Co-curricular activities like dance, music and arts are given a dais.
- The school is co-educational and motivates boys and girls to study in a harmonious environment.
- It has spacious and ventilated classrooms.
- Audio-visual room and auditoriums are part of the campus.
- There is a vast playground with facilities to play various games.
- The school has labs and a well-stocked library.
Address: 5-9-20, Saifabad, Hyderabad – 500063.
Location: Opp. The Secretariat, Saifabad
Phone: (040) 23237789
19. International School of Hyderabad:
The school aims at providing quality education for holistic development of each student. Teachers believe that it is their responsibility to mold each child to be a morally and socially responsible adult.
- The school follows a syllabus that puts together the best practices of American Education Reaches Out (AERO) and UK National Curriculum. This is a specially designed curriculum that is followed until class VIII.
- Classes IX and X follow the IGSCE syllabus and students are coached to take up the IB diploma at the end of class XII. These curriculums have global recognition and are suited for children of parents who are globally mobile.
- The school has art and music programs for those who are inclined to learn and nurture their talent.
- Regular assessments are part of learning at ISB.
- ESOL- i.e., language support is rendered to students who speak other languages.
- Spanish and French are taught at the school.
- While the school focuses on academics and education, it has facilities to support its students in their pursuit to excel beyond academics.
- The school has a counselor and after-school program to pursue recreational hobbies such as soccer, swimming, and dance.
- It has a large playground, a swimming pool and courts for different sports.
- An indoor table tennis room and auditorium are part of the campus.
- The labs have all the modern facilities.
Address: C/O ICRISAT, Patancheru, Hyderabad – 502324
Ph: 040 3071 3869
20. Kendriya Vidyalaya Uppal:
The Kendriya Vidyalaya Uppal branch is run and managed by the KV Sanghatan, New Delhi. The school nurtures its students and instills virtues like truth, tolerance, and harmony in them.
- The school has classes I to XII and follows the CBSE syllabus.
- It adapts effective pedagogy and evaluation methods.
- The school provides students with ample opportunities to excel in their chosen fields such as dance, music, art and literary activities.
- The school has a large playground and well-trained coaches for various sports.
- The labs are updated time to time to ensure that the students have the latest of technology and resources.
- The library has books of foreign publications to enable children to get the information they seek.
Address: Inner Ring Road, Survey Colony, Industrial Development Area, Uppal, Hyderabad – 500039.
Phone: 040 2720 0314
Every child is special, so the onus is on you to choose the right school for your kid to flourish. Open a world of possibilities and opportunities to the young mind by putting him in a good school. Do your research, survey schools, and go on campus tours before you zero in on one. We hope our list helps you in your endeavor. Write to us on your school hunt experiences.
- Top 10 CBSE Schools In Coimbatore
- Top 15 CBSE Schools In Bangalore
- Top 15 International Schools In Bangalore
- Top 20 CBSE Schools In Chennai
Latest posts by Maanasi (see all)
- List Of 20 Best Schools In Nagpur City - April 25, 2016
- 25 Fun Facts And Information About Monkey For Kids - April 11, 2016
- 30 Top CBSE Schools In India For Your Kid - March 31, 2016
- 20 Top And Best Schools In Kanpur - March 31, 2016
- 20 Top And Best Schools In Indore - March 31, 2016
- List Of 20 Best CBSE Schools In Pune - March 23, 2016
- List Of 29 Best Schools In Delhi - March 23, 2016
- 30 Top And Best International Schools In India - March 18, 2016
- 25 Unknown Wolf Facts And Information For Kids - March 15, 2016
- List Of Top 15 CBSE Schools In Bangalore - March 14, 2016