When I got pregnant, I got two very wise ladies to help me out throughout the journey. One was my mom and the other was my mother-in-law. In fact, I can say that my mother-in-law actually shared more pearls of wisdom than my mom did about the whole baby-making process! My mom is a carefree spirit so she focuses more on the spiritual aspect of it while mom in law diverts her attention to the practicality of it. Them being poles apart actually works in my favor as I get the best of both worlds!
Anyway, during one of my mother in law’s gyaan sessions, she talked to me at length about stretch marks. I was already dreading that. I really didn’t want ugly scars ruining my confidence in bed or in the boardroom. All I wanted was a workaround to them. And that’s what my mum-in-law taught me in the course of our talk! She revealed to me 3 secrets about pregnancy stretch marks that really helped me. And, today I’m going to share them with you-
1. First Off, These Marks Are Permanent
Okay, let’s start off with the bad news. Stretch marks are permanent. There, I said it! They almost never go and stay with you all your life (1). They start off as either red or purple marks that gradually dry up and become flesh colored bumps on different parts of your body. This tidbit really freaked me out as I was very paranoid about the whole stretch marks situation after delivery.
2. But Diet And Staying Hydrated Can Go A Long Way
After my panic attack at the nightmarish news she gave me, my mother in law quickly changed her stance and told me that diet ad staying hydrated can really help in reducing the chances of stretch mark. That was like my ‘thank god’ moment so I asked her what kind of foods can help. She told me that fruits really help. Oranges, grapefruits, mangoes and cantaloupes are good at this time and so are other foods such as almonds, spinach, yogurt and chickpeas. Basically any food that is rich in vitamins A, C and E and zinc is good for maintaining skin health (2).
3. A Cure For Stretch Marks Exists
The part that made me squeal a big ‘yay’ out loud was finally here! After giving me some valuable stretch marks, my mother in law shared her third and final secret about it. She told me that she knew the cure for it and that if I used the cure that she did in her time, I wouldn’t even have to worry about scars on my belly and elsewhere! I eagerly asked her what this cure was and she handed me a bottle of Bio Oil.
I had heard about Bio Oil and that it could help with stretch marks but I had no idea that it could almost completely fade them away! My mother in law told me to apply it twice a day from second trimester onwards till 3 months after delivery. I followed her instructions to the T and I ended up with no stretch marks! Can you believe it?
The best part about Bio Oil for me was how non-sticky it is! It makes life easy as I don’t have to worry about it getting onto my clothes. I can even wear it to work. It leaves no stains, and is comfortable to leave it on. It quickly seeps into the skin and leaves no residue behind. It’s also deeply moisturizing and contains generous vitamins A and C, which help heal the skin in an effective manner.
Clinically proven to be effective and the favorite stretch mark remedy of women all over the world (including my mother in law), Bio Oil really saved me from a consequence I was dreading. Give it a shot! You won’t be disappointed.
Latest posts by Tanya Arora (see all)
- Is It Time To Read The Fine Prints Of Your Baby Care Products? - November 15, 2018
- Pregnancy Stretch Marks: Types Of Treatment And Prevention - November 8, 2018
- I Don’t Have A Single Stretch Mark Post-Delivery And Here’s My Secret - November 6, 2018
- 3 Secrets Revealed By My Mother-In-Law About Pregnancy Stretch Marks - November 6, 2018
- Why Do I Have Stretch Marks And What Do I Do About It - November 6, 2018
- What’s The Deal With Collagen? - August 10, 2018
- The Perfect Keto Coffee with Vital Proteins - August 7, 2018
- Summer Skin Detox: Get Healthier Skin in 1 Week - July 27, 2018
- Why You Should Eat Liver - July 24, 2018
- Boost Your Beauty Routine with this Collagen - Rich Veggie Blend - June 6, 2018