So, you are trying to have a baby? Hope you have thought this through! Bringing a child into the world is the easy part, bringing her up is a battle! But if you are sure that the time is right, well it is time to get down to business.
It takes two to tango, and it takes two to make a baby! For some people, an accidental roll in the hay can lead to pregnancy. For others, it may take a little longer. If you are looking to conceive and wondering about the best positions to get pregnant, you have come to the right place.
Best Sex Positions To Get Pregnant:
Is there any truth to the rumor floating around that certain sex positions make it easier to conceive? Well, if you are the logical kind, let’s get one thing straight – there are no scientific studies to prove that some sex positions are better when you are trying to conceive. And yet, the numerous women from all over the world claim that some poses not just make it easier to conceive but can even help you conceive a particular gender!
In any case, there is no harm in trying! So, here are some of the best sex positions that will bring on that positive pregnancy test, pronto and also make the process much more fun!
1. Missionary Position To Get Pregnant:
Let’s just say this – most babies, from around the world, come into being with this position!
The most common and the most popular sex position, the missionary is also the most comfortable position to make a baby.
With your partner on top and you lying on your back, the sperms get the best possible path to the cervix and help you conceive.
[ Read: Things To Know Before Getting Pregnant ]
2. Doggy Style:
We are sure your partner will agree that the doggy style is all over great! But what they may not know is that it is also an excellent way to conceive a baby, quickly.
This particular pregnancy positions helps in deeper penetration. It also opens up the cervix more than other positions, making it easier for the sperms to make their way inside. It is one of the best position to get pregnant.
3. Glowing Triangle:
Don’t let the name give you ideas! The glowing triangle is just a twist on the ever-popular missionary position. Just like the missionary, in the glowing triangle you are on your back with your partner on top. The only difference is that in this particular position, the man is on all fours with his legs extended out. With your pelvis slightly raised, you can easily wrap your legs around your partner.
The glowing triangle allows deeper penetration and also keeps your pelvis tilted upwards, increasing the chance of conception.
4. The Anvil:
Here is another variance of the missionary pose. In this position, the man is again on top, but you have to raise your legs above your head before he penetrates.
It is a great position for deep penetration and also helps hit your G-spot, both of which can help you conceive. The anvil is also the best position for pregnancy.
[ Read: How Long Does It Take To Get Pregnant ]
5. Magic Mountain:
Another variance of the doggy style pose, the magic mountain is the best position to get pregnant fast.
Unlike the doggy pose, here your partner bends over you in such a way that your back is against his chest. You can even use pillows under your head for better balance.
The magic mountain position is perfect for baby making as it allows the sperm to move deeper, faster. It also hits the G-spot and helps you orgasm.
Spooning is not just great for making a baby but is also a very romantic way to end things!
In this pose, you lie on your side, with your partner spooning you from behind. The position ensures that your pelvis is tilted at a 90-degree angle, providing better reach for your partner’s sperms.
Now this pose is not for the faint hearted! If you are physically fit and looking to spice up your sex life while trying to conceive, you can try the plough!
In this position, you’ll be a wheel burrow! You’ll need to stand on your feet, with your legs in the air. Don’t worry! Your partner will hold onto your legs as he penetrates.
What makes this a great making pose is that you’ll allow gravity do its work and pull the sperms further down the cervix.
[ Read: When Do Women Get Pregnant Easily ]
With a name as pretty as the butterfly, you’ll expect a romantic sex position, right? Well, this is not soft and romantic! It is adventurous, perfect way to spice up your baby making adventures.
You’ll need to lie on your back, on a table. Yes, you’ll need a table for this particular position. Next, your partner will need to move between your feet and lift your hips (or you can put pillows under your hips)
The butterfly is the best position to fall pregnant and also add some excitement to your sex life. It also helps the sperms stay in the vagina longer, ensuring better chances of conceiving.
9. The Splitting Bamboo:
When you are talking about positions for pregnancy, how can you not mention the Kamasutra! Did you know that some Kamasutra poses are not just ‘adventurous’, but can also make it easier for you to conceive?
The splitting bamboo is one of the more famous Kamasutra poses, finding mention in numerous movies. In this pose, you’ll have to raise one of your legs over your partner’s shoulders while he straddles over your thigh and uses your leg for support.
Apart from hitting the G-spot, this position also ensures deeper penetration and a higher chance of conceiving.
10. The Union Of The Wolf:
Here’s another different positions to get pregnant from the Kamasutra !
In this pose, you’ll need to stand with your back to your partner. Your partner will then hold your waist and penetrate. Next, you’ll have to let your chest fall forward.
This position helps the sperms find a better way to the cervix, ensuring quicker conception.
11. The Union Of The Oyster:
When you are trying to conceive, the act of lovemaking can become tiresome and a chore. That is why it is important to add a little variety to your routine!
Here’s a great pose that will not just make your sex life more colorful. But will also help you conceive.
In this pose, you’ll lie on your back while bending your knees. Your partner will be in the kneeling position during intercourse.
11. The Indra:
In this pose, you’ll have to lie on your back, like in the missionary pose, the only difference being that you’ll have to raise your hips. You can use pillows to do the trick.
This pose allows better and deeper penetration.
12. The Padlock:
Another pose for the adventurous folks out there!
The padlock requires you to sit on the edge of some high furniture, supporting yourself with arms, behind you. Your partner needs to stand, and you can wrap your legs around him.
Not just is this a fun and best positions for getting pregnant, but also allows sperms that extra space and motion to help you conceive.
13. The Reverse Cowgirl:
Now here is a good position to get pregnant that puts you on top! An excellent pose for the adventurous couples!
In this position, your partner lies on his back, with you sitting on him, facing his feet. This position for getting pregnant gives you all the power (and the hard work).
14. The Peg:
Another position for women who like to be on top!
In this position, your partner will have to lie on his back, with you on top of him, with your legs straight. This position is great for women with heavier partners.
15. The Sphinx:
In this pose, you’ll have to lie on your tummy, with your weight on your forearms. One of your legs should be bent to the side while the other should be straight behind you. Your partner will then straddle you, with his weight on his arms.
The Sphinx is a good position and allows deeper penetration and faster conception!
Now you know how to have sex to make a baby faster. But you also need to know when!
Best Time For Conceiving:
First things first – if you are not trying to conceive, do not have sex without protection! Though there are certain days in your cycle when you can conceive more quickly, there are no ‘cannot get pregnant’ days. Better be safe than sorry!
Now, with that out of our way, let’s find out when is the best time to put the top 15 sex positions into practice:
- The first thing you need to do is track your cycle. A normal menstrual cycle can be as short as 22 days and as long as 36 days. So, follow your cycles for a few months to make sure.
- Next, it’s time to find the time when you are the most fertile and that is during ovulation.
- If you are using an ovulation predictor kit (you can buy one in the market), then start having sex when you are about the ovulate. You are the most fertile two days before and three days after ovulation.
- If you have a standard 28-day cycle, start having sex ever alternate day from day 9th till day 17th.
- If you have irregular cycles, keep a close eye on ovulation symptoms like stretchy cervical mucus.
- You can also use a basal thermometer to track your ovulation.
- If all this seems too complicated, simply have sex three times a week – you cannot go wrong with that!
- Well, now you know how and when to have sex if you are trying to conceive. But is there anything else you can do to help make the baby making process easier?
[ Read: Best Time To Get Pregnant ]
Things To Avoid If You Are Trying To Conceive:
Enough of the indulgence, now for some bad news! You’ll have to make some changes in your lifestyle if you want to conceive easily. Here are a few things you may have to give up:
Smoking is not good for you, but if you still like a puff or two every day, it is time to stop. According to experts, smokers are more likely to suffer from infertility and have difficulty while conceiving than those who don’t smoke. In fact, women who smoke are more likely to produce eggs with genetic abnormalities. Not just you, even your partner should quit smoking now because men who smoke are more likely to have lower sperm count.
2. Excessive Caffeine:
The good news is that you don’t have to banish caffeine entirely from your life. But the bad news is that you have to cut drastically down the amount you consume. All that extra caffeine in your system can throw your reproductive health out of gear and make conceiving difficult.
[ Read: Foods To Avoid When Trying To Concieve ]
3. Too Much Alcohol:
Too much of a good thing can be bad too, and it is true with alcohol! A glass of bubbly here and there will do you no harm, but do not drink more than two drinks a day if you want to conceive without too many difficulties. Too much alcohol in the system can cause irregular periods, lack of ovulation, and abnormal estrogen and progesterone levels – all factors that can make conceiving difficult.
As you can see, there is not much you have to forgo to make a baby!
[ Read: Cervical Mucus And Ovulation ]
More Tips To Help You Conceive:
Let us give some more tips to help you become pregnant, faster!
- Watch your weight if you want to make a baby without too many hiccups. If you are underweight (with a BMI under 18.5), you can have difficulty conceiving. The same applies to women with a BMI over 30. Women who fall under these extreme weight categories can suffer from infertility. If you are under or overweight, do talk to your doctor about the best course of action.
- Make sure your oral health is in top condition! You read that right – the condition of your teeth can play a role when you are trying to have a baby. And more than your teeth, it is your partner’s that is of more importance. You see, a man’s gum health can be an indicator of his fertility.
- A proper exercise schedule is what you need to increase your chances of conceiving. So, stop being a couch potato and move that body. The best exercises for the TTC (Trying To Conceive) brigade includes brisk walking, cycling, or even gardening!
- Did we not say that too much of a good thing can be bad for you? Well, the same thing applies to exercising. If you are a fitness freak and spend hours doing vigorous exercises, you may need to rethink your exercise plan. Some studies show that excessive exercising can mess up with your fertility.
- Did you know that the plastic water bottle you use can be the reason for infertility? BPA, or bisphenol A, found in plastic bottles can lower a man’s sperm count and decrease the quality of a woman’s eggs. So, if you want to conceive, go for a metal bottle, today!
- Life today is full of stress. There is no way to be stress-free completely (unless you are a mountain dwelling ascetic, that is!) But stress can turn the baby-making process into a prolonged affair. The trouble is, when you are trying to conceive, stress becomes a part of life, which in turn makes conceiving more difficult. It is a vicious cycle. So try your best to reduce stress from your life. Try meditation, listening to music, yoga, or anything else that works for you to decrease the amount of stress in your life.
- A handy trick when you are trying to conceive is to lift your hip up after having sex. You can prop your hip up with pillows if needed, and lie in that position for a few minutes to allow the sperms easy access to the cervix.
- So you thought prenatal pills are only for pregnant women? Not really! If you are trying to conceive, now will be a great time to start popping those pills.
- Age, they say, is just a state of mind. Unfortunately, it is a fact that as you age, your fertility begins to decline. That is not to say that you need to have a baby in your twenties. But do be aware of age-related fertility issues.
When To Seek Help:
Unfortunately, no matter what you do, there is a small chance that you’ll have trouble conceiving. So, when is the right time to seek medical help to make a baby?
- If you are over 35 and have not conceived even after six months of unprotected sex, go to a doctor.
- If you are younger than 35 and a year of unprotected sex has not yet yielded a positive pregnancy test, you can go for a doctor’s appointment.
- But there are reasons why you should see your doctor even before you start trying to conceive.
See your GP if you:
- Have asthma
- Have diabetes
- Suffer from seizures
- Are under medication for depression
- Are over or under weight
- Have irregular periods
- Have symptoms of endometriosis, polycystic ovary syndrome, or fibroids
- Suffer from thyroid disease
- Have a sexually transmitted disease
The one thing you need to keep in mind when you are trying to conceive is to give it time. Some couples conceive in the first try while others can take months or even years. So keep it fun and seek help if you need.
But do not allow the journey to ruin your marriage and sex life. The positions we have listed here are not just great to make a baby but will also keep the fires of your passion burning!
Best of luck!
Do you know of any other position that can increase the chance of conception? Share with us.
[ Read: Reasons For Not Getting Pregnant ]
- 10 Must Have Apps For Conception And Pregnancy
- Birth Control Methods For Men And Women – Which One Is Right For You?
- How To Get Pregnant On The Depo Shot & How Does It Work?
- Can You Get Pregnant After Mirena Removal?
Latest posts by Chhandita Chakravarty (see all)
- Teaching About Body Parts To Kids - March 31, 2016
- Child Passenger Safety – Rules And Tips - February 29, 2016
- How Milk Thistle Can Help You During Breastfeeding - February 29, 2016
- Chemical Pregnancy After IVF And IUI : Is It A Good Sign? - February 10, 2016
- Headaches In Toddlers - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatment - February 8, 2016
- Sleep During Pregnancy: A Distant Dream Or Manageable - January 29, 2016
- How To Deal With Breastmilk Allergy In Babies? - January 28, 2016
- 24 Best Parks In Mumbai To Visit With Your Kids - January 20, 2016
- Infertility In Women – 5 Causes & 5 Symptoms You Should Be Aware Of - January 13, 2016
- 15 Best Sex Positions To Help You Get Pregnant - January 4, 2016