Table Of Content
- 1. 10 Signs That He Is Cheating On You
- 1. 1. Conscious Of His Appearance
- 1. 2. Emotional Disconnect
- 1. 3. Noticeable Change In Attitude
- 1. 4. Becomes Secretive
- 1. 5. Is Always Away
- 1. 6. Hard To Get In Touch With
- 1. 7. Seems More Affectionate
- 1. 8. Your Intuition Says Something Is Wrong
- 1. 9. The Sex Is Different
- 1. 10. He Brings Up A Certain Name
- 2. Tips To Deal With A Cheater-Husband
Being in love is beautiful. A partner is necessary for sharing your joys, fears, problems and aspirations. But what if the person you trust the most turns out to be a cheat? The person, who you thought was yours, is slowly drifting away from you to become somebody else’s. This leaves you depressed and ruins your regular life.
It is evident that your partner will not seek your permission to have an affair with somebody. On the contrary, he leaves no stone unturned to keep the new relationship under wraps. In these circumstances, how do you know if your partner is two-timing you? Read on, as MomJunction brings you the general traits of a cheating partner.
10 Signs Your Husband Is Having An Affair:
Relationships are unique in the way that each couple is different from the other. While most of the warning signs may suit your partner’s behavior, they could prove to be just a hoax. Your partner may have a genuine reason for a particular action, but you might construe that he is cheating on you.
1. He Is Suddenly Conscious Of His Looks:
- Under normal circumstances, you would feel great if your husband begins to take care of his looks, and is well-groomed. Watch out, as they could also be the first signs of an extra-marital affair.
- Your husband will be eager to look good and change his dressing style and looks. He will start buying new clothes and spend more time in front of the mirror.
- He gets health conscious and works towards a fitter and healthier body. If you think that he was never into exercising or trying out those squats, you will be surprised at how much time and dedication he now seems to put in his workout efforts.
- If you notice that your husband is dressing sharper and better for work, maybe there is a new colleague in office that he is trying to impress. Or, if he is suddenly working out crazy hours at the gym, chances are he is trying to get in better shape for a new love interest who is most likely younger in age, and thus has a more toned and fitter body. It is also possible that he is trying to impress someone who he met at the gym.
- You may notice that your husband is working on changing the way he looks. He could get a new hair style or color his hair, something he may not have tried earlier. He could play around with his facial hair, growing or trimming a moustache or beard or giving it a new style, or maybe turn clean shaven. He could also change the way he smells by trying out new fragrances.
[ Read: Love Making Tips ]
2. He Seems To Be Drifting Away Emotionally:
- When your husband appears to drift apart from you on an emotional level, it is often one of the first signs that he is having an affair. He will find it difficult to invest his time and emotions on two persons, and therefore, you will be taking a backseat in his life. You will notice that the emotional connect c that you shared earlier is now missing, as your husband will probably share most of it with the third person.
- It is also possible that your partner is guilty about cheating on you. He is probably avoiding the guilty by cutting down that emotional connect with you.
- The other bigger reason that your husband will try to stay away from you on an emotional level is to ensure that he does not give away something accidentally. If your husband is connected to you emotionally, it means that you both will talk a lot and tell each other about your day or life in general. It will be difficult for your husband to do so if he is having an affair, as there will be many things which he will have to conceal or lie about. If he creates an emotional distance from you, it will act as a shield and stop him from spilling the beans.
3. Noticeable Change In His Attitude:
- If your husband is having an affair, it will make him feel stressed out and can often show up in the way he reacts to you.
- In his efforts to balance two relationships, he will create a situation where you end up fighting with him, and blame you for whatever is happening in your lives.
- You will also notice a sudden shift in his overall attitude towards you. It is possible that your husband will suddenly turn picky and criticize you for almost everything that you do. He may not like the way you dress or speak, or he may feel that you have gained too much weight or are not curvy enough. Your husband may also have problems with the way you look after the house, with how much time you spend at work and how less time you devote to the house or to him, how less you earn or how much you spend, or even something as personal as your choice of friends. While your husband is having an affair, he will try to find reasons that led him away from you and to the new relationship.
4. He Turns Secretive:
- Another prominent sign that your partner might be two-timing you is his secretive ways.
- It is possible that your husband needs to take that call away from all the noise that is there in the background, but if he does it with every call, the chances are that he has reasons not to speak in front of you. Your husband will get up the moment his phone rings and head out to the other room or another part of the house. He may also look at his phone and let it ring, and not pick it up while you are around. It will be all the more noticeable if he was not like this earlier and had no problem in taking calls in front of you.
- Your partner will lock up his phone with a password, which he will not share with you for obvious reasons. He might say that he has locked it to safeguard some important official emails or messages, but all that could be just a big lie. In case he is not locking up the phone, he will most likely delete his call records or text and other messages each time he checks his phone. Most phone users do not delete such records until the memory is full. So, if your partner removes the records, the chances are that he is trying to hide things from you.
- He will close a window on his computer the moment you enter the room. He will lower his voice while talking over the phone if he sees you moving around.
- Suspect him if he speaks softly into the phone and smiles or is conscious and looking around.
5. He Is Barely Around Anymore:
- Your husband will suddenly give you a thousand reasons and explanations of why he has to be away from you for so long.
- It is possible that your husband has genuine reasons to be away most of the time. But if it is something that begins suddenly, it could imply an affair outside marriage.
- Your partner will invent several excuses to be away from you, or out of your home. He could tell you that he is on an urgent official work, that he is training hard at the gym or he has taken up a new hobby and needed to spend time away. Whatever may be the reason, it will always involve your husband being away from home and you. Initially, he will spend less time away from you but ones the other relationship gets stronger, the distance from you increases.
6. It Is Difficult To Get In Touch With Him:
- If your partner is having an affair and has things to hide from you, you will find it difficult to get in touch with him when he is away.
- He will tell you that he is traveling for work, but would say where exactly he is going. He will not give you a number where you can call him. It is also possible that if you call him on his number, he will not take the call.
- Here are a few excuses your husband may give you if he is having an affair: “I will be busy in a meeting (or conference) so do not call me, I will call you back.” “I have to be out on an important work schedule the entire weekend so do not call me.” “There is no connectivity where I am going to stay (or staying) so you may not be able to reach me.” “I am going on an outdoor trip so will not able to hear the phone. Just leave me a text message and I will call you back when I see it.”
7. He Becomes Overly Affectionate:
- Your partner will suddenly get too affectionate, as a way to work around his guilt of cheating on you.
- Your partner will bring you gifts, which he never did earlier, or he may bring home flowers and hug you more, especially in front of others. On the contrary, it could also mean that he genuinely want to express his love to you through these gestures.
- Not only will your partner shower you with more gifts, he will also suddenly spend more quality time with you. If your husband is not around a lot, he will try and make up for it during the times he is with you. He will say that he wants to take you out to a fancy place to dine, or take you out for movies and other places that he knows are of interest to you. It is always possible that your husband is doing this out of love and appreciation, but if you feel that something is wrong, investigate it.
8. Your Intuition Points To Something Not Right:
- As a woman and as a wife, you will have a strong sense of intuition about your husband, and often, it will be correct. Unless you are the type of personality that is overly jealous, suspicious or paranoid, it is good to trust your instinct when it comes to reacting to your husband’s behavior.
- If you have been married long, you will know your husband inside-out. You will probably know what ticks him off and what makes him happy, what makes him relax and how he likes certain things done.
- This makes it easier for you detect any change in his behavior.
- You may notice that your husband shows some difference emotionally and physically. It will not always be possible for you to identify them or explain them logically, but you will certainly feel them.
9. Having Sex Will Be Different:
- If your partner is having an affair, he may not want to have sex with you as often as he did earlier, or he may not perform as well as he used to. You will notice that he is mostly tired and not interested in mating with you.
- The reason behind this is clear. Your husband will get his pleasure from the new relationship, would not have any energy left to keep you happy. It is also possible that your husband is genuinely stressed out and is tired. In that case, he will get back to his normal sex life in a few weeks.
- His heightened interest in sex could also be a sign of an affair. If your partner is having an affair with someone who is interested in experimenting, he would come back home and try out those positions with you. If your husband was always the conservative types in bed and was alright with vanilla sex but suddenly wants to try out new things now, chances are that it is all thanks to a new affair. Often when a person gets too intimate in a new relationship, it builds up his testosterone and increases the urge to have more sex.
[ Read: Bisexual Husband or wife ]
10. He Keeps Repeating A Name:
- Your partner might inadvertently bring out a name quite in his conversations, making it clear that a person with that name is the new object of his interest. In the beginning, your husband will be subtle. but you will soon notice that he is trying to sneak in the name in a conversation often.
- For instance, your husband may watch a movie and suddenly point out to an actor and say that he has a friend who looks exactly like that. Or, he may talk about how he wants to get fit and mention a friend who is so fit.
What To Do If Your Husband Is Having An Affair:
Before you react angrily and take some hasty decision, relax and check the tips below to see what to do when you find out your husband is having an affair:
- Gather some evidence so that you can confront him when he denies your charges.
- If he does not listen to you, confide in another person who you know your husband will listen to.
- Talk to your husband and tell him that if he does not stop the affair right away, you will go for a divorce and he will lose custody of the kids. In most cases, this threat works for your husband to discontinue the affair.
- Try marital counseling.
It is devastating to find out that your husband is having an affair, but before you jump into any conclusions, make sure you take proper care to know the truth. Only when you are convinced that he is indeed having an affair or if you really feel something is not right, confront him and talk to him about it.
Have you ever been through the difficult situation yourself or seen a friend go through this? Do share your tips and experience on how to deal with an unfaithful husband.
- Tips For Improving Communication With Your Spouse
- 10 Sure-Shot Tips To Make Your Marriage Happy
- How To Be A Good Husband – A Definite Guide
- 21 Qualities Of A Good Wife
- How To Impress Your Husband: 12 Tricks To Attract Him All Again
Latest posts by Debolina Raja (see all)
- 15 Surprising Things You Wish You Had Known About Newborns! - June 30, 2017
- Normal Delivery Vs Cesarean – Risks And Benefits - June 30, 2017
- 5 Dangerous Things You Should Let Loose Your Children On - January 6, 2017
- Indian Diet During Pregnancy - A Healthy Daily Diet Chart - September 16, 2016
- Top 20 Indian Food Ideas For Your Baby - September 15, 2016
- How To Be A Good Foster Parent – Requirements And Regulations - September 8, 2016
- Practical Tips On How To Make Your Marriage Work - September 1, 2016
- 16 Charming Romantic Ways To Give Birthday Surprise To Your Wife - September 1, 2016
- 7 Terrible Ways Depression Can Seep Into Your Marriage - September 1, 2016
- How Can You Keep Intimacy In Marriage Alive? - August 26, 2016