Differentiating between love and lack of it in a marriage can be tricky. There can be instances where you may wonder whether passion or spark still exists between you two.
It is not an uncommon feeling. Try not to be over-critical about the things happening between you two, as you may not always be able to read your partner’s mind or know how she feels. Before you jump to any conclusions, try to understand the circumstances and figure out what you can do about them.
Read this MomJunction post to identify the signs your wife doesn’t love you anymore. However, do not rule out any other possible reasons for her behavior before drawing conclusions.
Signs Your Wife Doesn’t Love You Anymore
Let us have a look at some of the signs to watch out for.
- Communication has become rare: You may notice that communication between the two of you is not the same as before. She may have stopped sharing the details of her day, including work, friends, and family with you. She may have also stopped seeking advice from you or asking you to do certain things.
- There is a lack of intimacy: Intimacy is not just sexual. It includes emotional intimacy too. Hugging, cuddling, and holding hands are different ways to express love and share intimate moments. If your wife shows no interest or cringes when you initiate any physical contact and makes excuses to avoid moments of intimacy for no foreseeable reasons, you may need to figure out things.
- She is grumpy around you: You may notice that your wife’s attitude towards you has changed. Her mood may change as soon as you enter the room or initiate a talk. She may start minding habits which were irrelevant earlier, and the conversation with your wife may appear more like nagging.
- She keeps withdrawing from you: It is important to have some social life outside your marriage. However, if you feel that she enjoys the company of others more than yours, withdraws from you, or is not responsive to you, it could be a sign that she’s not into you anymore. You may also notice that she no longer texts or messages you to check about your day.
- She pays little or no attention: As a couple, you know a great many things about each other, including your preferred looks, diet habits, etc. If your wife doesn’t show any interest in these things anymore and doesn’t pay attention to the changes you have made to your lifestyle, then there could be some changes in your relationship.
- There is someone else: This can be a tricky situation to handle. We meet various people every day, but some connections may be more than formal meetings. If there is someone else involved, she might not feel the same about you.
What You Need to Do
The most important thing that you can do is to avoid making assumptions. Let us discuss in detail how you can fix those red flags. You need to communicate sooner than later about any of the above issues. If you can’t do it yourself, then you need to get professional help to make this happen.
- Communicate: Sometimes, it is very easy to assume the worst of things. If you feel any disconnect with your wife, make an effort to communicate with her. Honestly share your feelings and try to understand hers too. Be considerate and ask her if anything is bothering her and what you can do about it.
- Be mindful of your actions: A partner may feel that they are doing everything right and within the best of their abilities while the other isn’t contributing much. If you have misbehaved or ignored important things over months or years, make sure to acknowledge your mistakes.
- Express your love: Make her feel loved and appreciated. Acknowledge her loving presence by your gestures and words or shower her with the things she loves. Even small acts such as hugging her, holding her hands, helping her out with chores, complimenting her, surprising her, making her tea, or taking her out to her favorite places can work wonders in a relationship.
- Be present: A relationship goes through many ups and downs, but being there for each other helps you navigate through those rough patches. Be present and stick around when you are needed to help her handle difficult situations. Even if you can’t be present physically, be emotionally available to her.
- Do not try to change everything about her: An important aspect of any marriage or relationship is to love your partner in both the worst and best of times. Accept their flaws too. Stop criticizing, nagging, or micromanaging things she does. Appreciate the bits your wife does to support you.
- Do not lose heart: It is easy to give up when a relationship goes through rough patches. You may encounter difficult situations now and then, but it doesn’t mean that the foundation of your marriage will get weaker. Do not give up on making positive changes in your marriage.
- Move on: If you do not see any change in your wife in spite of all your efforts, it is time for you to move on. Understand that it is the time to call off the relationship and make a life of your own. This is the absolute last step and should be taken after a strong effort to resolve things. Contacting a professional to help with this is ideal. You will be more at peace if you put effort into repair rather than quickly running to the next relationship. You will also grow and learn in the process. This will help you in any relationship that you pursue.
Marriage is a two-way street that involves love, commitment, and effort from both the partners. There may be difficult times when love may seem to dwindle, but do not lose hope. Every relationship goes through ups and downs, and these changes make way for better things in your life.
Have any important tips to rekindle the love and passion in a relationship? Feel free to share them in the comments section below.