Funny jokes for kids are great for lightening the mood and making the children split in some chuckles and giggles. And happy children become happy adults. So, if you want your children to develop an open mind, take things with a pinch of salt, and have a light-hearted approach to sarcasm, puns, and jokes, here is a list of some funny jokes for children that are sure to make them ROFL.
So, grab some snacks and read through this article with them. We bet your stomach will hurt reading these cracking jokes and puns. And yes, you could tell them these jokes to bring a smile to their faces whenever they look grumpy. We bet, you will have laughter echoing through your home at the end of this whimsy laughter therapy.
Funny And Silly Jokes For Kids
Silly jokes and puns are not only fun but can also help kids develop their sense of humor. These wisecracks and quips can also be great conversation starters and can help kids make new friends. So, without further ado, here are some of the most hilarious, witty, and humorous jokes that are sure to make your child laugh:
1. Sleep deprivation can make a person do crazy things!
Q: Why did the man run around his bed?
A: Because he was trying to catch up on his sleep!
2. Or a pencil, maybe?
Q: Which hand is it better to write with?
A: Neither, it’s best to write with a pen!
3. Who created math? He should find a good place to hide from all the kids looking to murder him!
Q: Why did the math book look so sad?
A: Because it had so many problems!
4. What is Mickey Mouse without his beloved Pluto? No wonder he can move the heavens and Earth to search for him.
Q: Why did Mickey Mouse take a trip into space?
A: He wanted to find Pluto!
5. If only education was so easy!
Q: Why did the boy bring a ladder to school?
A: He wanted to go to high school.
6. An extrovert flower – who knew!
Q: Which flower talks the most?
A: Tulips, of course, because they have two lips!
7. A great joke for tech-savvy kids, this one, will draw a few laughs for sure.
Q: What do you call security guards working outside Samsung shops?
A: Guardians of the Galaxy.
8. If you are looking for a silly joke that is about teachers but doesn’t belittle them, this next one is perfect.
Q: What is the difference between a school teacher and a train?
A: The teacher says spit your gum out, and the train says “chew chew chew.”
9. You may have heard this funny kid joke a thousand times but it never really loses its fun factor!
Q: What did one wall say to the other wall?
A: I’ll meet you at the corner!
10. Looking for a silly riddle to garner some laughs? Try this one.
Q: What bow can’t be tied?
A: A rainbow!
11. Wonder what the British people have to say about this joke. We have an inkling that they agree!
Q: Why is England the wettest country?
A: Because the queen has reigned there for years!
12. Poor elephants, they do get a raw deal from nature!
Q: Why are elephants so wrinkled?
A: Because they take too long to iron!
13. Move back, Kung Fu Panda!
Q: What do you call a pig that knows karate?
A: A pork chop!
14. For computer savvy kids, this next riddle joke should be a piece of cake.
Q: Why did the computer go to the doctor?
A: Because it had a virus!
15. Now the question is who in their right mind would touch a bee to check for sticky hair?
Q: Why do bees have sticky hair?
A: Because they use honeycombs!
16. Alligators are scary, but one in a vest? Well, that is another story!
Q: What do you call an alligator in a vest?
A: An investigator!
17. Now this slapstick joke is for all the ‘Frozen’ fans out there!
Q: Why can’t you give Elsa a balloon?
A: Because she will let it go!
18. Something is stinking!
Q: What has four wheels and flies?
A: A garbage truck!
19. Use this funny joke for kids as a crash course in US history!
Q: If April showers bring Mayflowers, what do Mayflowers bring?
20. Another popular funny kids joke that doesn’t lose its fun factor!
Q: What goes up and down but does not move?
21. Are you particularly religious? Well, this next joke does take a dig at religions.
Q: How do you make holy water?
A: Boil the hell out of it!
22. Poor Lee, we always knew something was bothering him!
Q: What do you call a boy named Lee that no one talks to?
22. Now this is what we call selflessness!
Q: What gets wetter the more it dries?
A: A towel.
23. Does your family like to play cards together? If your kids enjoy a game of cards, they will love this next joke.
Q: Why couldn’t the pirate play cards?
A: Because he was sitting on the deck!
24. Have your kids watched the movie ‘How to tame a dragon?’ They should enjoy this joke then.
Q: Why do dragons sleep during the day?
A: So they can fight knights!
25. Optimism is high in this joke!
Q: What did Cinderella say when her photos did not show up?
A: Someday my prints will come!
26. Your broom is always late; no wonder your house is so clean!
Q: Why was the broom late?
A: It over swept!
27. Come on, don’t be so cruel. Maybe they suffer from chronic fatigue syndrome!
Q: What part of the car is the laziest?
A: The wheels, because they are always tired!
28. Sometimes, you need to hang around with a friend who can show you the world!
Q: What did the stamp say to the envelope?
A: Stick with me and we will go places!
29. We always knew there was something fishy about that belt!
Q: Why was the belt arrested?
A: Because it held up some pants!
30. April is always a difficult month; now you know why!
Q: Why was everyone so tired on April 1st?
A: They had just finished a March of 31 days.
31. This joke is perfect for teens.
Q: What makes the calendar seem so popular?
A: Because it has a lot of dates!
32. Oh! In a perfect world, the bed would surely come to you! One can always dream, right?
Q: Why do you go to bed every night?
A: Because the bed won’t come to you!
33. We hate fake people and fake noodles alike! We much prefer pasta!
Q: What do you call a fake noodle?
A: An Impasta.
34. Katty Perry will hate us for this next joke!
Q: What do you get if you cross a cat with a dark horse?
A: Kitty Perry
35. Please make a note in case you are planning a robbery shortly!
Q: Why did the robber take a bath before he stole from the bank?
A: He wanted to make a clean get away!
36. Now you can have an orchestra playing in the bathroom to go along with your singing!
Q: What musical instrument is found in the bathroom?
A: A tuba toothpaste.
37. The Elf school is a place you must visit when you are in the North Pole!
Q: What do elves learn in school?
A: The Elf-abet.
38. Pencils have a thing for Count Dracula, from the look of it!
Q: Where do pencils go for vacation?
39. We all love to eat some peanut butter and jam sandwich. But this is taking it too far!
Q: Why did the girl smear peanut butter on the road?
A: To go with the traffic jam!
40. Here is a riddle that should get your kids thinking!
Q: A man arrived in a small town on Friday. He stayed for two days and left on Friday. How is this possible?
A: His horse’s name is Friday!
Best Halloween Jokes For Kids
From scary to funny and everything in between, here are our funny Halloween jokes for kids that will tickle everyone’s bones.
Q. What does Dracula say when he doesn’t have good news?
A. “I have BAT news, everyone!”
Q. Why can’t you tell a skeleton a secret?
A. Because it goes in one ear and comes out from the other.
Q. What did the witch have for snack?
A. A sandwitch.
Q. Where do baby ghosts go during the day?
Q. Where does Count Dracula usually eat his lunch?
A. At the casketeria.
Q: What do ghosts eat for supper?
Q. What do you call two witches sharing an apartment?
“Mommy, everyone says I look like a werewolf.”
“Please be quiet and comb your face.”
Q: What goes around a haunted house and never stops?
A: A fence.
Q: What is a ghost’s favorite pie?
A: Booberry pie!
Q: Where do ghosts buy their food?
A: At the ghost-ery store!
Q: What room is useless for a ghost?
A: A living room!
Q: What position does a ghost play in soccer?
Q: Where does Dracula keep his money?
A: In a blood bank!
Q: Why are graveyards noisy?
A: Because of all the coffin!
Funny Thanksgiving Day Jokes For Kids
Here is our compilation of the funniest and wittiest Thanksgiving Jokes for kids. So, here’s to a fun Thanksgiving holiday this time.
Q. Who is not hungry at Thanksgiving?
A. The turkey, because he’s already stuffed!
Q. Why did the police arrest the turkey?
A. They suspected it of fowl play!
Q. What kind of music did the Pilgrims like?
A. Plymouth Rock
Q. If the Pilgrims were alive today, what would they be most famous for?
A. Their age!
Q. What do you call it when it rains turkeys?
A. Foul weather!
Q. Why was the Thanksgiving soup expensive?
A. Because it had 24 carrots.
Lara: Mom wants you to help us fix Thanksgiving Day dinner.
Keith: Why? Is it broken?
Q. Why did they let the turkey join the band?
A. Because he had the drumsticks
Q. If fruit comes from a fruit tree, where does turkey come from?
A. A poul-tree!
Q. If a man wants to eat a turkey on Thanksgiving, what does a turkey want?
A. It simply wants to run away.
Q. What’s the best dance to do on Thanksgiving?
A. The turkey trot!
Jacob: Which November holiday is Dracula’s favorite?
Joe: Which one?
Q. Why did the turkey cross the road twice?
A. To prove he wasn’t chicken!
Q. Should you have your whole family for Thanksgiving dinner?
A. No, you should just have the turkey!
Q. Why was Plymouth Rock so brave?
A. It was a little boulder.
Naughty Christmas Jokes For Kids
Here is our pick of funny Christmas jokes for kids that will have your tots laughing out ho ho ho:
Q. Where do snowmen keep their money?
A. In a snow bank.
Q. What does Santa suffer from if he gets stuck in a chimney?
Q. Why does Santa have three gardens?
A. So he can ‘ho ho ho’!
Q. What do elves do after school?
A. Their gnome work!
When asked about his job, Frosty always replies, “There’s no business like snow business.”
Q. Why was Santa’s little helper depressed?
A. Because he had low self-esteem!
Q. What do monkeys sing at Christmas?
A. Jungle bells, jungle bells!
Q. Who is Santa’s favorite singer?
A. Elf-is Presley!
Q. What do reindeer hang on their Christmas trees?
Q. Who hides in the bakery at Christmas?
A. A mince spy!
Q. What do you call a cat in the desert?
A. Sandy Claws!
Q. What did Adam say to his wife on the day before Christmas?
A. It’s Christmas, Eve!
Q. What do you get if you eat Christmas decorations?
Q. What did the stamp say to the Christmas card?
A. Stick with me and we’ll go places!
Q. Why don’t you ever see Father Christmas in a hospital?
A. Because he has private elf care!
These jokes are just a few examples of the many whimsical, amusing, and belly-laughing gags that can make your child laugh aloud. Encourage your child to come up with their own silly jokes or to share these with their friends and family. With a little bit of creativity and a lot of laughter, your child will be the life of the party in no time!
We are sure the list left you in splits! It was a lot of fun to make this list. Hope you have a great time sharing them with your little (or not so little) ones!
So, do you know of any other silly joke for kids? Share with us!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I incorporate funny jokes into my child’s daily routine to keep them entertained?
You can incorporate funny jokes into your child’s daily routine by telling them jokes over mealtimes, sharing funny jokes on their phones, or telling them jokes on their way to school or when coming home.
2. Why are funny jokes important for children?
Funny jokes help improve children’s moods, reduce stress and anxiety, and promote social bonding with laughter (1). Jokes can also help develop language and comprehension skills, enhance general intellectual development, and encourage critical thinking and vocabulary development (2).
3. How can parents ensure that the jokes they tell their children are appropriate and not offensive?
Parents must ensure that the jokes are suitable and not offensive by avoiding racist and sexist jokes and those containing inappropriate language or double-meaning content. Also, consider the child’s age and maturity level when choosing jokes.
4. Can telling funny jokes to children help them develop better social skills?
Yes, telling funny jokes to children can help them develop better social skills by encouraging social interaction and laughter. It also improves communication and language skills and promotes cognitive development and social learning. Jokes can also help children to have social-affective expressions, including laughing and smiling (1).
Infographic: Hilarious Jokes For Children
Telling jokes is an excellent strategy to distract a sad or crying child. Moreover, a happy and laughing child can brighten even a gloomier day. So, let’s read through the infographic below for a few hilarious jokes you can share with children. These jokes are appropriate and easily understandable for children of all ages.
Check out this hilarious video of the 10 funniest jokes for kids. Can you keep a straight face? It’s a challenge. Let’s see if you can make it through without laughing!
- Carol J. Aswegen Thornhill; (2002); Literature review : using humor with children.
- Marcy Zipke; (2008); Teaching metalinguistic awareness and reading comprehension with riddles.