During the entire duration of your pregnancy, everything that you do has an impact on your baby- the food that you eat, your positive attitude and even the way you walk and sleep. Even if you don’t do anything, that is, if you just lie on a bed and rest for entire 9 months that also would have some not-so-welcome impact on your health!
It is therefore, essential for you to be extremely cautious at this time of your life. While travelling must be avoided during pregnancy, there are times and situations when you may unwillingly need to do the same. If that sounds like you, don’t worry, we’ve explained below how you could make train travel safer for you and your unborn baby.
So who should avoid travelling by train during their pregnancy?
- Women with a history of miscarriage should not attempt any kind of travelling until they are well into their 5thmonth.
- Women with a history of premature delivery should avoid travelling during pregnancy by train in their last couple of months of pregnancy to be safe.
- On the other hand, if you are gliding well through your pregnancy and having no complications or troubles whatsoever, there’s no harm travelling, provided you take the necessary precautions.
If you’re concerned, you could always consult your obstetrician and know about the risk factors you may be prone to and then arrive at a decision.
Make Safe Train Travel During Pregnancy:
Is it safe to travel by train during pregnancy? Okay, so you’re in a situation where there’s absolutely no way out and you have to travel by train- don’t worry, here we’ve listed down some amazing tips that will help you glide through the journey easily and without any risks to your little baby.
1. Pack Early:
Pack all the stuff that you need, from extra clothes, towels, to your medications and other essentials. It is best to have everything close to you while you travel.
2. Be Prepared:
Make sure you carry anti-nausea stuff with you. This may differ from woman to woman and if you have a special inclination towards that pack of mints or that beauty soap, carry it in your handbag to curb any nausea or morning sickness that you may feel during the travel.
3. Doesn’t Lift Heavy Stuff:
Carrying heavy load is the last thing you would want during pregnancy.Hire a porter or ask your hubby dear to help you get your luggage on board.
4. Be Early:
Rushing things at the last minute could be stressful and you may hurt yourself in all the hurry. It’s best to be there at the station around 10 minutes early and get yourself to settle down on your seat.
5. Carry Pillows:
Obviously, train seats won’t be as comfortable as your bed back at home, but carrying a few supportive pillows may help you get that much needed rest while travelling.
[ Read:Pregnancy Pillow ]
6. Carry Your Own Food:
No matter how clean the food may seem packaged food and train food may not exactly be your choice during this crucial stage. Pack some homemade snacks and fresh fruits to munch on during the journey.
7. Remember Your Medications:
Carry all your medications with you in your handbag. It is also a good idea to carry your own filtered drinking water.
8. Get gadget-ready:
Make sure your cell phone is fully charged before you leave home. If you must, carry an extra battery along in case your battery gets low during the journey.
9. Practice Sensible Travel:
Don’t try to board a moving train. Avoid getting down at the halts unless you’re absolutely sure the halt is going to be more than 10-15 minutes for you to get back into the train safely.
Following the above simple steps could help you ace train travel during pregnancy wonderfully. Since every woman’s pregnancy is different, so if you have more doubts, it is best to seek your doctor’s opinion and get the right advice tailored to meet your needs, before getting on your voyage!
Do share your interesting experiences of travelling during pregnancy in the comment section below:
- 9 Essential Tips To Follow While Travelling With Your Baby
- How To Burp A Baby?
- 7 Essential Tips For First Aid For Baby
Latest posts by Shahida (see all)
- Is It Safe To Wear A Bra During Pregnancy? - June 30, 2017
- Top 10 Hanukkah Crafts And Activities For Kids - August 2, 2014
- Is It Safe To Use A Mobile Phone During Pregnancy? - July 9, 2014
- Is It Safe To Consume Evening Primrose Oil During Pregnancy? - July 2, 2014
- 10 Super-Spooky Ghost Stories For Your Kids - June 30, 2014
- 6 Best Healthy And Nutritional Snacks For Preschoolers - June 27, 2014
- 10 Beautiful Places To Enjoy With Your Kids In India - June 6, 2014
- 10 Effective Measures To Prevent Itching During Pregnancy - June 6, 2014
- Top 11 Baby Hair Oils That Work Wonders - June 2, 2014
- 13 Wonderful Diwali Games And Activities For Kids - May 30, 2014