Pregnancy is the most beautiful period in a woman’s life. Once you’re pregnant, you are full of joy, hope & anxiety. People shower you with blessings, advices & that extra attention that makes you feel special.
Keeping yourself happy during all the 3 trimesters is entirely up to you. It is essential to be happy & feel joyful while pregnant, as your emotional well-being directly affects baby’s neurological & psychological development. Studies have indicated that more happy pregnant women are, the more they are likely to deliver a healthy baby.
But, how to be happy during pregnancy? We understand that the situation around every pregnant woman is different and they need not always be happy ones all the time. However, you have to make that extra effort to channel your mindset for being happy during pregnancy.
10 Effective Ways On How To Be Happy During Pregnancy:
Happiness always lies within your own self. As you gear up for the oncoming labor and childbirth, every trimester will present various kinds of situations for you to deal with. From that annoying morning sickness to unbearable mood swings, you will have a handful of trivial challenges to deal with.
Below are some sure shot ways on how to stay happy during pregnancy,that can help you stay ahead of other issues and be unconditionally happy:
1. Be Yourself:
Pregnancy is special. No matter how bogged down you are with other thoughts, it is important to just ‘be’.
- Being in the situation and focusing on your baby helps you tackle other problems more effectively.
- As the most important thing for you would be your baby, everything will look worth struggling for.
- Being innately happy while addressing smaller issues comes naturally once you are yourself.
2. Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle:
Lifestyle affects the way you are and the way you operate in everyday life.
- An active lifestyle which is healthy and productive always does more good.
- Once you are pregnant, there is every chance that clumsiness would set in.
- You would start feeling more lethargic and lazy than before.
- Making a conscious attempt to follow a healthy routine impacts your thinking to a great extent.
- The more you eat right and stay fit, the more you will start developing healthy and happy thoughts.
- A healthy life makes way for a healthy mind!
[ Read: Things To Avoid During Pregnancy ]
3. Stay Away From Negative People:
Some people and situations are often referred to as ‘toxic’ because of the way they make you feel.
- Hanging around with people who are pessimists and surviving in an environment that is laden with hopelessness is a huge disaster if you are pregnant.
- Stay away from negative words, thoughts and actions, and most importantly, people who demonstrate them.
- This is no time to indulge in extra stress and cause burden to your mind and heart.
4. Yoga And Meditation:
For decades, yoga and meditation have proved to be a boon to pregnant women.
- Undergo a good yoga session with a trained professional.
- You will begin to feel rejuvenated, strong and happy.
- The breathing exercises are said to release the emotional toxins and rebuild your thinking pattern.
- Try to spend at least 30 minutes every day doing yoga and meditation. You will find a huge difference in the way you feel.
[ Read: Pregnancy Diet Chart ]
5. Maintain A Journal:
It would be exciting to record how you feel and what you experience during pregnancy.
- These memories recorded in text and video forms go on to become lifetime memories.
- Spend more time writing down the first experiences; the first kick, the first contraction, the first baby shower, etc.
- Shoot videos that interest you.
- You may want to show off all these memoirs to your child years after his or her arrival.
[ Read: Baby Shower Messages ]
6. Treat Others Kindly:
Treating others kindly may at times become testy, thanks to the horrendous mood swings that take a toll on your emotional balance.
- You will be easily irked and emotional during few phases while you are pregnant.
- Understand that this is not your fault.
- At the same time, do not demonstrate your irritated side to those around you.
- Try and control your random impulses. It may be tough to do so, but treating others badly will also end up making you feel guilty and unhappy.
[ Read: Top 10 Books To Read During Pregnancy ]
7. Enjoy All That Preparation:
Before the arrival of your baby, you will be busy making plans.
- Right from arranging the nursery to shopping for pregnancy and your baby, you will be full of excitement as you plan and sort things.
- Enjoy the preparations to the fullest.
- Relish every moment as you expend on your needs and that of your baby’s.
[ Read: Planning A Baby Shower ]
8. Pamper Yourself:
This is the perfect time to rest all your worries and indulge.
- Make sure you keep appointments of spa and body massage.
- Get that long intended body toning and pedicure rituals.
- Once your baby arrives, you will not be as lucky with free time as you are now.
- You will be amazed at the kind of pleasure and relief that comes with some beauty therapy.
9. Delegate Work:
Most times, pregnant women feel like they are lone warriors set to take over the oncoming duty of motherhood.
- This kind of self-burdening is of no benefit, except straining you both physically and emotionally.
- Feel free to ask for help and delegate work to the people in your home.
- In case you are a single mother, identify those select friends of yours who will come helpful in times of crisis post-delivery.
- Delegating a bit of work to others will enable you to focus on spending more time with your baby.
[ Read: Emotional Changes During Pregnancy ]
Breathing deeply rushes in powerful thoughts that result in equally promising actions.
- The more you focus on your breath and settle down, the more relaxed you will be at the time of labor and childbirth.
- What more, breathing goes a long way in helping you get rid of negative thoughts and challenges like postpartum depression.
- These simple tips are quite effective in enriching you with happy feelings and positive thoughts.
Hope you like our 10 simple ways on how to be happy during pregnancy. Remember, you are going to be a mom soon. And that is a big deal for your little one. So of course it’s something you need to be happy about, right?
- 5 Most Common Mood Swings During Pregnancy And How To Combat Them?
- 10 Common Body Changes You Observe During Pregnancy
- 3 Serious Side Effects Of Increased Progesterone Levels During Pregnancy
- 10 Most Common Pregnancy Myths You Should Be Aware Of
Latest posts by Deepa Balasubramanian (see all)
- 6 Useful Tips To Store Formula Milk For Your Baby - June 30, 2017
- Cervical Mucus And Ovulation - Everything You Need To Know - January 9, 2015
- Can You Ovulate More Than Once Per Month Or Cycle? - December 31, 2014
- 10 Essential Things You Should Definitely Do Before Getting Pregnant - December 30, 2014
- Chickenpox During Pregnancy - Causes, Symptoms, Risks & Treatments - December 30, 2014
- Pregnancy After Tubal Ligation - Causes, Risks & Side Effects - December 12, 2014
- 7 Pros And Cons Of Getting Pregnant In Your 30s - November 26, 2014
- Is It Safe To Lose Weight During Pregnancy? - November 24, 2014
- Allergies In Babies: Causes, Symptoms And Treatments - November 7, 2014
- Ototoxicity In Children - 16 Symptoms & 4 Treatments You Should Be Aware Of - November 5, 2014