As a mom, you’ve probably read a lot of literature on parenting, what is right and what isn’t. If you have come across the term ‘slow parenting’, or even if you haven’t, don’t worry! Here we talk about slow parenting and how it can help your little one.
What Is Slow Parenting?
Slow parenting is a way of bringing up a kid with the aim of allowing him to be content and happy with his achievements. This philosophy works on kids even when they are not the wealthiest and most famous amongst the lot. Slow Parenting is a parents’ advocate of sorts, and it helps people who are often unable to cope with the unpredictability of the material world. Modern Childrearing is challenging, and it has its’ share of nuances and complexities (1).
More On Slow Parenting:
Today, almost everything is rushed and hurried. Slow parenting does not mean doing everything at a snail’s pace; rather it concentrates on doing things at the right speed. It also applies to excellence over the extent, significant and real human connections and giving importance to the moment rather than the future. The idea is not to project your inner fears onto your kid. Slow Parenting is about giving you time to understand your kid and exploring how remarkable he can be.
Features Of Slow Parenting:Sponsored
Apart from strengthening communication within a family, slow parenting also includes:
• It focuses on family, relationships and bond between parents and kids.
• It gives kids some space, to do what they like and how they like.
• Slow Parenting lets kids flourish
• It brings down the need to rush
• The benefits of not rushing your kid through everything are numerous- One of them being, it gives them time to figure out who they are and what they can achieve.
• It also allows them to be independent and learn things, and he might even learn from his mistakes.
• It gives kids an opportunity to learn about their body, be creative and rest.
Benefits Of Slow Parenting:
There are many benefits of slow parenting. Apart from taking things slow, it lets you:
1. Listen Slowly:
The beauty of this kind of parenting is it allows WOW moments with the kids. You probably know what is happening in your kid’s life, even if he isn’t saying. When you listen deeply and calmly, you will realize how beautiful his thought process is, and how wonderfully he perceives the world.It might not happen in a rushed life.
2. Connect Slowly:
Smiling, holding hands, hugging, laughing and talking are few things that let you connect with your kid when you follow the slow parenting path. It is this time when you experience the most wonderful motherhood moments, and you will cherish your time with your kid.
3. Wake Up Slowly:
Mornings are the best time for your kid, and he probably wants to wake up slowly. His eyes are full of excitement about the day that is going to follow. He is eager to embrace the day, and this slow moment with him lets you connect with his body, mind, and spirit.
4. Explore slowly:
It is one of the most important things to do, as you never know what new you will discover about your kid today. It is about letting go. It also lets you have the “me” time, do what you like, and clear your mind of all apprehensions about parenting.
Sometimes there are ways to connect with the family, and it does not have to be the hard way. Slow and steady always wins the race and it also wins hearts. So, what is your parenting strategy? Have you tried slow parenting? Tell us about it here.
Latest posts by Payal Morjaria (see all)
- Norovirus Infections And Pregnancy - Everything You Should Be Aware Of - November 17, 2015
- How To Get Rid Of Body Odor During Pregnancy? - November 16, 2015
- Marfan Syndrome In Babies - Causes, Symptoms & Treatments - November 4, 2015