What is your idea of fun? What are you doing this weekend? Would you like to spend a day with me?
These are a few questions you may have to answer during a speed dating event.
Speed dating is a concept of meeting new people in a friendly environment, such as a pub or a café. You would get three to five minutes to talk to every person present there. During that time frame, you need to ask several questions to ascertain whether they would make a good match for your next date. Based on the answers, you need to put a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ mark on the given card, expressing your interest. After the session, the organizers will match the answers and set up your date.
Sounds fun? Keep reading as we give you examples of speed dating questions that you may ask to find the next date.
251 Speed Dating Questions
The questions can be random. You may ask anything that you would like to know about the person. However, keep it light and simple.
1. How do your friends describe you in a word?
2. Do you like to call or text?
3. What is your fantasy place to visit?
4. Do you prefer indoors or outdoors?
5. Who is the famous person with whom you would like to have dinner with?
6. Which is your favorite country?
7. Do you prefer whiskey or beer?
8. Who would you want to be stuck with on an island?
9. If you were an animal, who would you like to be?
10. Do you like swimming?
11. Who do you admire the most?
12. What are you hiding now?
13. Are you a possessive person?
14. What is the household chore you like the most?
15. Do you cook?
16. Do you like backpacking or luxurious travel?
17. Did you meet anyone famous?
18. Are you a family person or a friend’s buddy?
19. Do you like mountains or beaches?
20. Where do you want to go on your next vacation?
21. What do you like to do on a guy’s/girl’s night out?
22. Do you work out?
23. Which is your favorite sport?
24. What do you like to do in your free time?
25. What is your idea of a date?
26. What is your sun sign?
27. What is something you want to change in the world?
28. Which is your favorite car?
29. Do you like the concept of speed dating?
30. Who is your close friend?
31. What did you do on your last birthday?
32. What kind of pizza do you like?
33. Are you a coffee or tea person?
34. Who is your favorite author?
35. Which movie can you watch again and again?
36. Who is your celebrity crush?
37. What is your idea of relaxing?
38. Where were you last weekend?
39. Why did you choose speed dating?
40. In which city do you want to spend the rest of your life?
41. What embarrassing thing happened recently to you?
42. Are you a morning bird or night owl?
43. Which is that habit you want to change?
44. What are you proud to own?
45. What happened on your worst date?
46. How many languages do you speak?
47. What is that one feature you want in your life partner?
48. Are you an artistic person?
49. Do you believe in science or magic?
50. Are you a thinker or a talker?
51. What is your hidden talent?
52. Do you prefer vanilla or chocolate?
53. Do you like to shop online or at the mall?
54. Do you like to stay in a resort or go camping?
55. Are you a video game person?
56. What kind of music do you like, pop or rock music?
57. What makes you angry?
58. Are you an adventurous person?
59. What do you think about PDA?
60. What makes you laugh?
61. If you were a thing, what would you be?
62. Do you like to drive or sit in the passenger seat?
63. Are you a forgiver or a forgetter?
64. If you have no GPS, how would you find your destination?
65. What kind of food do you like?
66. What is your idea for a pure relationship?
67. What do you do on a Sunday?
68. Which is your favorite childhood memory?
69. Who was your first crush?
70. What can you cook in 30 minutes?
71. Describe your three best qualities?
72. Who is your 3am friend?
73. Who do you miss the most in life?
74. Which is the last Netflix series you loved?
75. What are you passionate about?
76. Who are you closest to?
77. What do you want to change about yourself?
78. What is the crazy thing you did recently?
79. What would you buy if I give you 1000 bucks now?
80. Are you an optimist or a pessimist?
81. Which is your favorite drink?
82. Which is the place you want to explore?
83. What do you like about yourself?
84. How long did your last date last?
85. Would you like to live for six months without the internet?
86. Do you play any musical instrument?
87. What would you like to change if you travel to the past?
88. Which was the best year of your life?
89. Who do you find attractive here?
90. What is the idea of beauty?
91. Which is your favorite TV show?
92. What book are you reading these days?
93. Are you a party person?
94. What do you do to feel good?
95. How do you de-stress yourself?
96. Which is your favorite season?
97. Do you like to go to a theme park or jungle?
98. Do you like to use public transport or your car?
99. Do you know about politics?
100. Which is your favorite breakfast?
101. What is your claim to fame?
102. What is your motto for this year?
103. Which is the best book you read recently?
104. Do you believe in love at first sight?
105. What genre of movies do you prefer?
106. If I come to your house, what would you cook for me?
107. Describe your first kiss experience in one word?
108. Do you think soul mates are for real?
109. Would you drink with me on the next date?
110. Where do you want to have our first date?
111. Would you like to go on a day date or a night date?
112. What are your outdoor hobbies?
113. What is your take on fitness goals?
114. Are you here looking for genuine friendship?
115. Do you call yourself a cool person?
116. What is the skill you want to master?
117. Do you like animals/pets?
118. Would you go for rafting or skydiving?
119. What is your idea of starting an ideal day?
120. Where do you want to be after ten years?
Funny Speed Dating Questions
If you think your speed dating is getting serious or dull, you can ask a few funny questions.
121. How do you handle a bad hair day?
122. ‘Age is an illusion.’ Do you think it is right?
123. Which superhero would you like to be?
124. If you were a PM of a country, which country would you choose?
125. What superpower would you like to have?
126. When was the last time you climbed a tree?
127. What do you do if you find hair in your food?
128. Do you get scared watching scary movies?
129. If you were the PM of the country, what changes would you bring?
130. What is the bad chat line you use when texting?
131. Which animated character would you like to kiss?
132. Which movie character do you resemble?
133. What is your strangest habit?
134. What is that one dating tip you don’t understand?
135. What is your weirdest fantasy?
136. What illegal thing do you want to do in life?
137. Which is the worst gift you ever received?
138. What is the best thing about being single?
139. Who do you think is more romantic, men or women?
140. Which is the celebrity you hate the most?
141. How often do you get excited?
142. What is the pickup line you use most often?
143. If given a chance, on whom would you spy?
144. Which is your favorite era?
145. What do you think makes a guy/girl look attractive?
146. What do you think is the difference between romance and love?
147. What is your favorite junk food?
148. Whom would you invite for a home-cooked meal?
149. What would be the name of the book written on your life?
150. Whom do you want to be trapped with in a hotel?
151. Would you mind if I bring my mother/father on our next date?
152. Do you act in movies?
153. Do you know any magic tricks?
154. Do you know how to make animal sounds?
155. How would you amuse me?
156. Would you be a dictator or a leader?
157. Do you have any quirks?
158. Which movie title suits you the best?
159. What is the dumbest question you were asked?
160. Do you have an addiction?
161. Which is your favorite smell?
162. What suspicion do you have in life, but have no proof?
163. What would you do if you had a twin?
164. What is the expensive yet silly thing you own?
165. Have you ever been kicked out of any place?
166. How good are you at flirting?
167. Do you want me to flirt with you on our next date?
168. What would you do if you got stuck with me on an island?
169. If you could be a famous personality for a day, who would you choose?
170. What is your crazy fantasy on a date?
Icebreaker Speed Dating Questions
In case your speed date is going on smoothly and you want to know more about the person, here are a few icebreaker questions you may ask.
171. What was your dream job as a child?
172. What is something really good that happened to you this week?
173. Is there something you want to change about yourself?
174. What are you passionate about in life?
175. What are your hidden talents?
176. What is the extreme activity you want to do?
177. What do you do in the mornings?
178. Are you a religious or spiritual person?
179. Do you like to have children?
180. Are you a book or a movie person?
181. Do you believe in ghosts?
182. Which is the TV show you never miss?
183. Do you want to change your past or see the future?
184. Would you choose to fight a shark or wrestle a lion?
185. Do you wish to be in headlines for a good reason or a bad reason?
186. Who has influenced you in life?
187. Which is your favorite worship hymn?
188. What is the blandest thing you have ever tasted?
189. If you see a street dog in need of help, what would you do?
190. Would you prefer time or money?
191. What is the thing you hate to do in daily life?
192. What is the exotic thing in your life?
193. If you want to be someone else, who would you be?
194. What has been the favorite part of this year so far?
195. Do you prefer to live in a city or in the countryside?
196. What is the one thing you did out of your limits?
197. If you were a product, what would your tagline be?
198. Would you like to experience a zombie apocalypse?
199. What do you think about social interaction?
200. Would you prefer a dating show or a survival reality event?
201. What is your guilty pressure?
202. How do you want the world to end?
203. Do you have any kind of phobia?
204. What do you think about aliens?
205. Would you like to ink any tattoos?
206. When did you have your first kiss?
207. Would you like to be shorter or taller?
208. Would you like to travel by air or by water?
209. What fake name would you like to have?
210. How hygienic are you?
211. Would you like to be smart or popular?
212. Would you sacrifice your fast food or the internet for the rest of your life?
213. Are you an adventurous or a picky eater?
214. How would you like your day to end?
215. What has been your worst travel experience?
216. Would you like to watch a movie at home or in a theater?
217. Which three words would you use to describe yourself?
218. What is the food you cannot live without?
219. What would be one lie and two truths about yourself?
220. Which musical instrument would you like to learn to play?
221. Who is the most creative or intelligent person you want to meet?
222. Who is the annoying person you want to get rid of in your life?
223. How do you like to waste your time?
224. What problem do you have with the technology?
225. Where do you want to have a hot cuppa tea or coffee?
226. What is the worst job you have ever had?
227. What was that assumption that went wrong?
228. What is your fashion statement?
229. What is that useless fact you love the most?
230. What kind of news do you like to read?
231. What do you think is tough to handle these days?
232. Which artist dominates your music playlist?
233. Would you like to date someone who is older or younger than you?
234. Do you prefer double dates or privacy?
235. If there was a time machine, in which year would you like to go?
236. What do you miss about your childhood?
237. What do you do when you feel lonely?
238. What kind of controversy do you believe?
239. What is your definition of a vacation?
240. What Disney character do you want to be?
241. If someone had stuck something between their teeth, how would you tell them?
242. What do you think about paranormal activities?
243. What is your idea of peace?
244. Do you like to poke around in someone else’s business?
245. Do you have a nickname?
246. If you had to change a job, what would it be?
247. Do you prefer letters or emails?
248. If you had to go to prison, what would be the reason?
249. Are you afraid of something?
250. What is the current trend you are following?
251. Would you rather be hairy or baldy?
We hope you have chosen a few questions for your upcoming speed date. However, do not ask sensitive or serious questions and hurt your date’s feelings. Also, put a smile on your face when you ask the questions so that it doesn’t look like an interview. Remember, a speed date is all about having fun and finding a compatible person for your next date. So, go for it!