Prunes are dried European plums rich in vitamins, carbohydrates, and dietary fibers. Since they are safe for your little ones, you could make prune puree for babies as a delicious, sweet snack. Its low salt and cholesterol content makes it an ideal dish for children. In addition, it provides them with several required nutrients while promoting healthy digestion.
If you are looking for ways to include prune into your baby’s diet, continue reading. This post discusses the health benefits of prune puree for babies, how to make it easily at home, and a list of tasty prune puree recipes ideal for infants.
Health Benefits Of Prune Puree For Babies:
Prunes are dried plums. These fruits are rich in dietary fiber, Vitamin A & Vitamin C. They are low in cholesterol and sodium. “Prunes are a great way to relieve a baby’s constipation naturally,” says registered dietitian Brianne Thompson. Prunes don’t pose any allergy risks to babies. Generally, babies can safely consume purees starting at 6 months old. Consult your pediatrician before beginning any solid foods.
Prune Nutritional Facts:
Some of the major nutritional benefits of prunes include:
- Prunes contain a small percentage of simple sugars, but do not increase the blood sugar levels.
- They contain a high proportion of dietary fiber and fructose and have a low glycemic index of 29.
- Prunes are rich in carbohydrates and contain a small proportion of protein. They are one of the best sources of dietary fiber.
- Prunes are a good source of vitamin A, Vitamin C, and Vitamin K.
- Prunes contain a small proportion of essential minerals including potassium, copper, boron, and magnesium.
- Prunes contain 240 calories per 100 grams of serving.
How To Make Prune Puree For Baby?
Follow the simple process to prepare homemade prune puree for your baby:
- Wash the prunes with water.
- Add the washed prunes into a saucepan filled with water.
- Put the saucepan on medium flame and bring the water to boil.
- Reduce the heat after 10-15 minutes and check if the fruits are tender.
- Cool down the heated mixture to room temperature.
- Put the tender fruits into a food blender and obtain smooth puree of prunes.
- You can add some water to dilute.
- The prune puree is ready for your baby.
- You can also refrigerate the prune puree for 2-3 days.
Easy To Make Prune Puree Recipes For Babies:
1. Creamy Prune Puree With Apple Juice:
Mix a small amount of apple juice in prune puree. Blend the mixture in a food processor. Delicious prune puree mixed with apple juice is ready. You can serve the puree to your baby starting at six months.
2. Cranberry (Or Blueberry) Apple Prune Puree:
Add all the fruits into the water and put the contents into a saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Check if the fruits are tender. Add more water. Allow the mixture to cool down. Put the mixture in food processor and blend the mixture to obtain a smooth puree. You can also add yogurt to make the texture creamier. You can serve the puree to your baby starting at six months.
3. Chicken And Prune Puree:
Cut the prune into small even-sized pieces. Cut chicken breast into small pieces. Add the pieces of chicken and prune to a saucepan. Add the required amount of water. Cook the contents until the chicken is boiled. Transfer the mixture to a food processor. Blend the mixture and obtain a smooth puree, adding water if needed. You can serve the puree to your baby starting at six months.
Foods To Add to Homemade Prune Puree For Your Baby:
Prunes or dried plums are excellent sources of dietary fibers that help relieve constipation in babies. They contain carbohydrates, vitamins, and essential minerals, making them ideal baby foods. Include prunes as a part of a balanced diet once you start solid foods for your baby. You may prepare delicious prune puree for babies by mixing it with apple juice or cranberries. You may increase the protein content of the dish by adding blended fried chicken to prune puree. The healthy recipes mentioned here are great for your baby’s health.