Does your kid give you a tough time when it comes to getting him to sleep at night? Well, some kids fall asleep in a minute, and some kids like to use that time to hear a good story! Why not read out a good moral story to your kid at this time?
The Crane and Crab story is among the most popular tales from the Panchatantra, and is bound to keep your kid engaged and interested. Before you move on to read the actual story, here are a few reasons why you should make it a habit to read out some stories to your kid during this young age.
Storytelling And Its Benefits:
Believe it or not, but the simple act of reading out stories to your kid during bedtime can actually have many benefits for both you and your baby.
- It helps your child develop a schedule or routine, which inculcates the value of discipline and regularity at the very early age in your child.
- It helps him get acquainted with the different objects and living things around him, and helps him get a better idea about the world and its rules.
[ Read: Magic Pot Story ]
The Crane And The Crab Story:
Once upon a time, there lived a crane near a pond. As time passed, he grew older and weak, and was unable to arrange his food. He then thought of a plan to get access to food without having to hunt for it.
- He sat on the bank of the pond with a sad face, and soon enough, the fishes, crabs and other creatures in the pond, intrigued by his behaviour, asked him what was the matter.
- In response, he explained that an astrologer had made a prediction that the pond would dry up soon, and that all the creatures of the pond would die due to the loss of water.
- Hearing this, all the creatures of the pond got scared, and started talking among themselves.
- They then asked the crane for a suggestion to this problem, to which, the crane explained how each one of the creatures could be saved by a simple action.
- He told all the pond creatures that he would carry one of them in his beak everyday, and transport them to the other pond nearby, which had plenty of water.
- Hearing this, all the pond creatures agreed immediately in the desperate attempt to save their lives.
- Soon enough, everyday, one fish or and other pond creatures started getting into the crane’s beak as an attempt to save their lives, and the crane would take them to a deserted area and devour them.
- One day, it was the crab’s turn to get onto the crane. He climbed onto the crane’s back. As the crane flew over the deserted area, the crab immediately saw the skeletons of many fishes and pond creatures lying around.
- The crab was very clever- sensing danger, he came up with a quick plan.
- Before the crane could set him down on the ground and start to devour him, he grabbed the crane’s neck with his strong claws and killed him instantly.
- He then returned to the pond, explaining the entire situation to the remaining pond creatures. They all applauded him for his timely action and wits.
[ Read: Lion And Jackal Story ]
The moral is undoubtedly the most important part of the story, and the story of the crane and the crab has many morals to offer.
- Firstly, the story teaches one not to trust anyone blindly, and always look for any possible motive.
- Next, it also teaches one to use one’s brain to get out of problematic situations.
[ Read: Lion And Hare Story ]
We hope you enjoyed reading this article and that your little one will enjoy this story when you read it out to him. Do let us know your experience in the comments section below.
- ‘The Crab With The Golden Claws’ Story For Your Kids
- The Story Of The Fox And The Stork For Your Kids
- ‘The Town-Mouse And The Country-Mouse’ Story For Your Kids
- The Story Of Three Fishes For Your Kids
Latest posts by Enozia Vakil (see all)
- Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis In Children - 7 Symptoms & 4 Remedies - January 16, 2017
- Canker Sores In Children - Causes, Treatment And Remedies - January 12, 2017
- How To Treat Drool Rash In Babies? - June 5, 2015
- Is It Important To Wash Your Newborn Baby Clothes Before Using? - June 3, 2015
- The Ultimate Twin Pregnancy Care Checklist - May 21, 2015
- How Do Eating Disorders Affect During Pregnancy? - May 20, 2015
- Feeding Problems & Disorder In Infants – 11 Causes & Symptoms You Should Be Aware Of - May 15, 2015
- 8 Serious Causes Of Acne In Toddlers - May 13, 2015
- Is It Safe To Eat Eggs While Breastfeeding? - May 13, 2015
- Sleep Disorders In Toddlers – Types, Causes & Treatments - May 13, 2015