Storytelling plays a crucial part in developing your child’s overall personality. You can try this Dove And Hunter story for kids to teach them some important virtues and boost their creativity. By telling stories to your children, you can definitely inculcate qualities such as wisdom, courage, honesty, etc. It not only helps improve listening skills but also enhances creativity, making kids more imaginative and open to ideas.
Now you must be wondering how to get the story that can keep your kid engaged! Don’t worry; we are here to help you with an interesting story for your little one – The Dove and the Hunter.
The Dove And Hunter Story
Panchatantra is one of the oldest fable books for children. It has the collection of stories which are ultimate guide for parents to teach their children about the moral values in human life.
Our pick from the Panchatantra collection is The Hunter and the Dove Story. The story goes like this:
- Once upon a time, there was a big banyan tree just outside a village. Birds used to build their nest on it and travelers used to stop by to relax under its cool shade.
- One day, a fowler happened to come to the tree and seeing the different types of birds, he set up a trap by scattering grains at various places near the tree. He also lied down a net below the tree.
- A crow watched the fowler set the trap and warned the other birds about it. But then a flock of doves came to the banyan tree and started feeding on grains. They got trapped in the net. The doves were all very worried as they thought that their end is near.
- It was then, the King of the doves, who was very wise, thought of a plan. He told all the doves to fly up, taking the net with them, in order to find a way out to escape from the net.
- Grabbing a part of the net in their beaks, they flew upwards and escaped to which the fowler was left amazed. He started chasing the doves, but the doves flew away quickly so the fowler had to give up chasing them.
- After flying far away from the fowler, the King dove told his subjects to fly to a place nearby where his friend mouse lives, since he can free them from the net.
After reaching the mouse’s hole, the King requested the mouse to release them from the net. The mouse started nibbling the net near the King. But the King told the mouse to free others first, stating that a King is nothing without his subjects.
The mouse appreciated his nobleness and freed the subjects by nibbling the net with his sharp teeth, and finally the King too. The doves thanked the mouse and flew away.
Moral Of The Story
Like many other Panchatantra stories, this dove and hunter story too has something to teach your kid, which is – Unity is strength.
- Being united can help anyone to face adversity in an effective manner. The doves here decided to unite and escape from the net by flying higher.
- Also the King (dove) being superior to others saved their subjects’ life first; this shows the down to earth nature of the king. This should be one of the core behavioral instincts in each human being.
The ‘Dove and Hunter’ story for kids is yet another example of an interesting and engaging moral story to narrate to your children at bedtime. As they sink into their beds, this story can be a perfect ending to their energetic day. The dove and hunter story for kids is not only interesting but also teaches the value of strength in unity and the importance of humbleness and kindness. So, narrate it to your children and let them learn these valuable lessons in a fun and engaging way.