A woman goes into labor, but a couple becomes pregnant together. Pregnancy brings with it sides of a woman you have never imagined. Happiness, sadness, vulnerability, and such strong shades of each one of those emotions that it becomes overwhelming. And they keep changing at the speed of light, so you should buckle yourself up. They say love can transform you, and here’s the proof. If you love your wife, you might as well turn into an expert circus guy by the end of this period. That’s what you call the training period for being a father, a job harder than any other career option you can think of. Let’s see what husbands go through during this period:
1. Even If She’s Annoyed, She Will Always Secretly Want To Know How Beautiful She Is To You:
2. You Keep Telling Her That Maternity Pants Are The New In-Thing:
3. Patience, What’s That Again?
4. Are You Ready? No? Well, Here’s The Notice Anyway!
5. All You Can Tell Her Is That Her Skin Glows Though.
6. Chocolate Pastry And Chilli Fry? You Just Have To Stock Your Kitchen Shelves.
7. Stress Is Harmful For The Baby. So She’s Never Wrong, She’s Just Taking A Break… From Thinking.
8. What Were You Thinking…It’s All Right. The Mother Always Makes The Right Call.
9. Long Drives, Bed And Breakfast! Well, They Are Still The Same…Almost
10. Did You Forget To Remind Her That Beauty Lies Within?
11. A Little Spice Is Necessary, But To Be Or Not To Be…On Top, Is The Question.
12. You Have Bathroom Breaks, She Has Emergency Calls
13. Basic Breathing 101: Breath In, Breathe Out. Congratulations On Your New Job.
14. In Sickness And In Health, Right? Now Is The Time.
15. A Little Social Awkwardness Brings About Joy, Maybe.
16. You Gotta Trust Her Instincts, Even If It Is A Little Too Slow.
17. Food Is Essential For Life. Her Food, Your Life.
18. Stretch Pants Are Your New Favorites, That’s What She Needs To Know.
Pregnancy is a physically taxing process over a long period of time and as a husband you need to realize that your wife is dealing with it for the both of you. It, therefore, becomes your responsibility to ease it for her at each and every step. Some might believe that tending to random cravings is all there needs to be done, but there is more to it than just that. Be with her at all times, hold her hand and share her pain, divert her attention. When there is an overdose of emotions, sit beside her and listen, maybe stroke her hair. Tell her that you care for her and that you will always be beside her. Love her twice the amount, because the baby needs love too. That’s the gist of it.
Here’s a list of general things all daddies-to-be can try and follow:
More than any other time, your partner will need you to sympathize. Listen to her issues, her feelings, it’s obvious that she will need a company to share all that she has to say. Be that person to her.
It’s her house as much as it’s yours, and she has been specific about certain matters. Don’t ruin it. Do the dishes, stack them in the same manner, and don’t move the sofa after vacuum cleaning. Realize that she is at the peak of her emotional outburst, don’t do anything that can upset her or make her feel sad or helpless. Be her comrade.
Be Available For All Her Needs:
This part might feel a little weird, but trust me years later these will be the moments you will cherish the most and laugh about. She will have her cravings, sure, but make sure you entertain all of them, even though they might seem irrational. So even if she’s asking for raw mangoes in winter, find a way!
There’s no way you can learn everything about how to deal with pregnancy, so read as many books as you can and consult experts. Sometimes, read to your wife, it will show how much you care, and will release some pressure off her.
Embrace all of her, husbands. Once you learn the knack of taking care of your wife’s needs during her pregnancy, you’ll skyrocket to the skies in her eyes. Psst. You’ll thank us later for these tips, we promise.