As you step out into the sun, your hand automatically reaches for the sunglasses in your bag. You look stylish and comfortable with the shades on, but most importantly, you are protecting your eyes with them.
Sunglasses are more about protecting your eyes from the harmful UV rays of the sun than about style. A good pair of sunglasses can keep your eyes cool when they’re out in the sun.
9 Best Sunglasses For Teens
1. VATTER TR90 Polarized Sport Sunglasses
These sport sunglasses have a unique design to protect the eyes from the harmful rays of the sun, especially when the teen is active. They are constructed from soft silicone and unbreakable materials.
- Ergonomically designed
- Polarized lenses
- Lightweight frame
- Super toughness and wear resistance
- Ideally fits small size face.
2. FEISEDY Clout Goggles Kurt Cobain Sunglasses
These retro, oval style sunglasses from FEISEDY make a great fashion accessory for everyday wear. They are the perfect choice for outdoor activities like traveling and driving, and protect the eyes from UVA and UVB rays.
- Resin frame
- Good quality material
- Comfortable to wear
- Come with a case and a soft cloth for keeping the glasses safe and clean
3. Edge I-Wear Neon Party Sunglasses
The sunglasses from Edge I-Wear are ideal for parties and sports. They come in a pack of assorted colors so that you can pick one that matches the color of your outfit. They are quite sturdy and are perfect if you want something for a group of teens.
- CPSIA Certified Lead (Pb) content free
- 100% UV protection
- Good quality product
- Non-polarized, dark lenses
4. Pro Acme Small Polarized Aviator Sunglasses
These classic aviators from Pro Acme come in different colored lenses to amp your style statement. They efficiently block the UV and HEV light to enhance your visual experience. They also filter the intense light, thereby reducing the glare.
- Metal frame
- Polycarbonate lenses
- Clear adjustable nose pads
- Mostly suits small faces
5. Optix 55 REVO Sunglasses for Teens
Let your eyes relax under the shade of these fashionable sunglasses from Optix 55 on a hot, sunny day! The glasses safeguard your eyes from the harmful UV rays, without compromising your looks. They are perfect to wear at the beach, by the pool, and during other outdoor activities.
- Mirrored REVO Lenses
- Suitable for high-impact activities
- Reduces glare, making vision appear clearer and better
- Sunglasses case included
6. COASION Polarized Aviator Sunglasses
These aviator style sunglasses offer a great visual experience by managing the UV and HEV light (high-energy visible light) with their polarized lenses. Also, the pack includes a protective leather case, microfiber cleaning cloth, mini screwdriver, user manual, and tag.
- Metal frame with premium acetate tips
- Scratch-resistant lenses
- Glare protection
- Adjustable silicone nose pads
- Suitable for people with small faces
7. Optix 55 Sunglasses for Teens
These fashionable sunglasses from Optix 55 are specially designed for teens. They safeguard the eyes by offering 100% protection from UV light, while the lenses help neutralize the glare. These stylish sunglasses make excellent beach accessories.
- Smoked lenses that neutralizes glare
- Objects appear clearer & brighter
- Long-lasting performance
- Good for high-impact activities
- Plastic frame
8. COASION Vintage Round Flip Up Sunglasses for Juniors
The round, vintage flip-up and retro-styled sunglasses from COASION make a fashion statement that appeals to most teens. Its double-layer lens design lets you use it as plain seeing glasses or sunglasses that offer 100% protection from both UVA and UVB rays.
- Sturdy metal frame
- Plain lens can be replaced by prescription lens
- Lens are available in 11 different colors
- Non-polarized lenses
9. KHAN Half Frame Sport Sunglasses 3.8
These sports sunglasses come in different-colored lenses for protecting the eyes. They are trendy and have an exquisite look that puts it on par with the mainstream designer wear.
- Complies with US and European UV protection standards
- Filters out 100% of harmful UV radiation
- Good quality product
Things To Consider While Choosing The Sunglasses for Teens
The plethora of designs and types of sunglasses available today can make it difficult to pick the right one for teens. So here is a checklist that will make the task easy.
- 100% UV protection: Check the label to see if the sunglasses offer 100% UV protection and meet the UV protection standards.
- Bigger sunglasses: Look for one that covers a larger area around the eyes, so that the rays of the sun cannot reach the eyes from the sides.
- Color of the lenses: Darker lenses are preferred to lighter tones as they can increase the contrast and enhance clarity. That said, milder shades can work well if it is not too sunny or you only needs the glasses for protection from dust.
- Size and design: Look for a design that suits your facial features and fits you well. You don’t want the glasses to be too big or too small.
- Polarized sunglasses: Go for polarized glasses, which offer better protection against the UV rays, when compared to the standard UVA and UVB lenses.
Most teenage girls and boys are self-conscious about their looks. When it comes to fashion, they never want to be behind and prefer something trendy. So keep that in mind as well when picking a pair of sunglasses. The easiest way to ensure that you choose wisely is to go for sunglasses that are specifically designed for teenagers and young adults.
Did you buy sunglasses for your teen? Share your comments in the section below.
Disclaimer: MomJunction may earn a commission when products are purchased through affiliate links given in the article. However, this partnership does not influence the editorial content featuring in our list.
- Beauty Products Your Teen Will Love
- Perfumes For Teens
- Wallets To Buy For Teens
- Protein Powders For Teens