Swimming is an enjoyable recreational activity and a useful skill for children to learn. However, being unable to see clearly while swimming can completely hamper the underwater experience, especially for children. Therefore, investing in the best swimming goggles for kids is worthwhile to help overcome this issue and make the swimming experience an enjoyable one.
Before you sign your children up for swimming classes, get them a good pair of swimming goggles. To help you choose the right one from the many types available on the market, we have compiled a list of the top swimming goggles that are comfortable and stylish.
Our Top Picks
11 Best Swimming Goggles For Kids
1. Best Anti-Fog: Splaqua Kids Swim Goggles
The swimming goggles for kids can make swimming more fun with their leak-proof protection. It provides safety from swimming pool water and chlorine. Not only are these goggles functional but they’re also cute and appealing.
- Silicone gasket prevents water from getting in eyes
- Come in clear and teal tint options for the lens
- Has the anti-fog and UV protection feature
- Available in four color options
- May leave marks around the eyes
- May not be scratch-proof
2. Best For 180-Degree Visibility: Fulllove Kids Swim Goggles
These swimming goggles by Fulllove feature impact-resistant PC lenses that offer a clear vision while swimming. The frame is made of polyvinyl chloride, and the lenses are made of polycarbonate material. These swimming goggles come with easy-to-adjust elastic straps to fit your child’s head perfectly.
- Ultra-wide vision
- Offer 180-degree visibility
- Come with quick-fit buttons
- Anti-fog and anti-UV
- May be wide for smaller faces
- May not keep out water completely
3. Best Unibody Design: TYR Youth Tie Dye Swimple Goggles
Made of polycarbonate frame, these sturdy goggles offer great fitting. They are designed for children from the age range of three to ten years. They’re made to accommodate different face shapes, which makes it ideal for all children.
- Come with an anti-fog coating and UV protection
- Offer comfort and protection
- Unibody frame for durability
- Available in six color options.
- Prone to breaking if mishandled
- Straps may loosen
4. Best For UV Protection: Speedo Skoogles Kids Swim Goggles
Forget about feeling constricted when you wear these goggles. The goggles are designed for three to eight years old children and have the anti-fog feature. It is available in seven color options. Here’s a review video to help you get a better understanding of the product.
- Comes with a middle eye fit
- Non-latex, silicone frame
- UV protection layer
- Easy-to-wear-and-remove straps
- Might be narrow
- Rubber may not be thick
5. Best Outer Eye Fit: Speedo Jr. Hydrospex Classic Swim Goggles
Featuring a flexible silicone frame, these goggles are made to feel comfortable. The eye cup seal is of high quality and prevents water from leaking to the inside. Need more information? Watch this video to make an informed decision about the product.
- Feature an outer eye fit
- Non-latex goggles
- Feature anti-fog coating
- Come with a UV protection layer
- May not be leak-proof
- May not suit wide nose bridges
6. Best For Easy Wearing: Cooloo Swim Goggles
With a thermoplastic elastomer frame mirrored lenses, swimming with these goggles on not only protects your eyes from water splashes but also works without altering your vision. The silicone gasket along the eye cups can adjust to the child’s face to provide a comfortable fit.
- Single button clip design
- Durable and skin-friendly silicone
- Anti-fog coating to prevent water condensation
- Come with UV protection
- May not offer clear underwater vision
- May not suit big or crooked nose shapes
7. Best Adjustable: EverSport Swim Goggles
The lenses of these colorful goggles have an anti-fog feature to prevent water condensation, and there is UV protection too. There is even a one-click release clip on the head strap. These swimming goggles come in packs of two, inside a mesh bag.
- Available in 17 color options for the lens tint and frame
- Flexible and adjustable frame.
- Offers wide field of vision
- Shatter-resistant lenses
- May have a warping effect under water
- Water may get into the eye cups
8. Best Shatter-Resistant Lens: Aegend Swim Goggles
The lenses come with an anti-fog coating to prevent condensation of water droplets inside the eye cups. The strap has an easy-release clip on the head strap for ease of wearing and removal. Moreover, the silicone at the rim of the eye cups provides a snug fit.
- Flexible nosepiece to absorb impact and movements
- Shatter-resistant polycarbonate lenses
- Available in 20 color options
- Come with a one-year replacement guarantee by the manufacturer
- May not be suitable for bright settings
- Nose piece may not be soft
9. Best Tinted Lens: Aqua Sphere Kayenne Junior Swim Goggle
If you’re looking for swimming goggles for your little one that fit well and stay in place, look no further. Made to optimize swimming experience, the lenses are available in three tint options, namely blue, smoke, and clear. The lenses also offer UV protection.
- Curved lenses to provide 180° field of vision in water
- Strong and durable polycarbonate lenses
- Come with an easy-to-adjust side buckle
- Available in seven color options
- May not be completely leak-proof
- Strap may not be sturdy
10. Best Hypoallergenic: Hurdilen Kids Swim Goggles
Designed to be comfortable and ergonomic, these swimming goggles by Hurdilen come with various features, such as anti-fog, UV protection, and impact resistance. They have a double deck seal design along with 180° vision to make swimming effortless in goggles. They’re available in eight different colors to suit your child’s preferences.
- Hypoallergenic silicone free of latex and PVC
- Soft, well-cushioned, gasket that adjusts to the shape of your socket
- Feature one-button clip in the head strap
- Mirrored polycarbonate lenses
- Clasp may be flimsy
- Nose clip may not be comfortable
11. Best Goggles With Soft Gasket: Aqua Sphere Seal Kid 2 Swim Goggle
Each lens of these goggles comes with an anti-fog coating and UV protection on it. A tab each on the edge of the eye cups makes it easy to slide the head strap and tighten it. The goggles have an outer eye fit, which means the rim of the eye cups sits outside the eye socket. The lens is available in tints of two colors, namely clear and blue.
- Lenses are shaped to allow a 180° field of vision
- Resistant to scratches
- Soft gasket for added comfort
- Available in eight head strap colors
- May not be suitable for those with small-bridged nose
- Might leak
Does Your Child Need Swimming Goggles?
Yes. Swimming goggles can make swimming safer for a child in the following ways.
- Protection against compounds in water: The water in swimming pools can contain several chemicals, such as chlorine and bromine that may irritate the eyes. An irritated eye may itch, become red, and cause severe discomfort. Research shows that swimming goggles could reduce the risk of eye irritation (1). They could also protect eyes against other dissolved particles and debris present in the water.
- Protection against physical impact: Children indulged in active water sports move around quickly and have difficulty seeing someone in their path. Swimming goggles can reduce the risk of injury due to such accidental impact while swimming. Safety equipment is compulsory for some intense swimming pool games such as water polo, for which the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends the use of swimming goggles (2).
- Better visibility: For the first-time swimmers, everything appears blurry underwater. It is due to the way light bounces inside water. Swimming goggles can trap some air in front of the eye, making it a bit easier for the child to see objects in the water.
Swimming goggles offer some benefits, and you might want to buy them to make your child’s swimming sessions more enjoyable.
How To Choose Swimming Goggles For Kids?
You could consider the following points while shopping for swimming goggles for children:
- Ease of wearing: The goggles should be easy for a child to wear with no assembly and minimal adjustment required. It is best to avoid Swedish goggles, which the user has to assemble for use. To minimize hassles, it is best to buy ready-to-wear goggle for children.
- Comfortable: The nosepiece and the eye cups should sit comfortably on the face without poking into the skin. Let the child try the goggles to see if they are comfortable using them for an hour or so.
- Adjustable: A pair of swimming goggles with adjustable straps can grow as your child grows. If your child is likely to wear their swimming goggles for a long time, then those with adjustable straps can make a good choice.
- Water seal: Most swimming goggles for children come with a silicone or rubber gasket around the eye cup. It prevents the water from getting into the eyes. Check this feature to ensure the goggles fit well, and there are no gaps to let water seep into the eyes.
- Additional and specialized features: Swimming goggles can come with features that serve a specific purpose. For instance, some goggles may have eye cups with prescription lenses. Several goggles come with the anti-fog feature (prevent water condensation) and UV protection coating on the eye cups. UV protection swimming goggles can be a good choice if your child swims in an open swimming pool or loves swimming at beaches.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Poulami Nag is our fashion, skincare, and hair care product reviewer and editor with vast experience writing reviews backed by in-depth research to help buyers make the right decision. In this article, she has listed the top swimming goggles for kids while highlighting the features of each product. She has sifted through countless websites and forums to pick top-rated products with great user reviews. She also provides you with a buying guide to help you select the right product for your child.
Whether your child swims regularly or is just a beginner, a swimming goggle is an essential functional gear that will protect their eyes from chemicals in the water and give them clear visibility. The above list provides some of the best swimming goggles for kids. Go through each product’s exclusive features to shortlist and compare products. Read through the handy tips to buy a good-quality product worth your money. Ensure your kid cleans the goggles before and after use so that the leftover chemicals from the water don’t damage them.
2. Water Polo; American Academy of Pediatrics
View Profile ›