Swimming is an enjoyable recreational activity and a useful skill for children to learn. However, being unable to see clearly while swimming can completely hamper the underwater experience, especially for children. Therefore, investing in the best swimming goggles for kids is worthwhile to help overcome this issue and make the swimming experience an enjoyable one.
Before you sign your children up for swimming classes, get them a good pair of swimming goggles to help them achieve training mastery. To assist you in choosing the right one from the many types available on the market, we have compiled a list of the best-selling swimming goggles that are comfortable and stylish.
11 Best Swimming Goggles For Kids
1. Best Anti-Fog: Splaqua Kids Swim Goggles
The swimming goggles for kids can make swimming more fun with their leak-proof protection. It provides safety from swimming pool water and chlorine. Not only are they functional and budget-friendly goggles but also cute and appealing.
- Silicone gasket offers excellent seal and prevents water from getting in eyes
- Come in clear and teal tint options for the lens
- Has the anti-fog and UV protection feature
- Available in four color options
- May leave marks around the eyes
- May not be scratch-proof
2. Best For 180-Degree Visibility: Fulllove Kids Swim Goggles
These time-tested swimming goggles by Fulllove feature impact-resistant PC lenses that offer a clear vision while swimming. The frame is made of polyvinyl chloride, and the lenses are made of polycarbonate material. These swimming goggles come with easy-to-adjust elastic straps to fit your child’s head perfectly and make it easy to achieve training mastery.
- Ultra-wide vision
- Offer 180-degree visibility
- Come with quick-fit buttons
- Anti-fog and anti-UV
- May be wide for smaller faces
- May not keep out water completely
3. Best Unibody Design: TYR Youth Tie Dye Swimple Goggles
Made of a polycarbonate frame, these sturdy and protective swim goggles offer a great fit and are a durable choice for the young swimmers. They are designed for children from the age range of three to ten years. Reviewers love that they’re made to accommodate different face shapes, which makes them ideal for all children.
- Come with an anti-fog coating and UV protection
- Offer comfort and protection
- Unibody frame for durability
- Available in six color options.
- Prone to breaking if mishandled
- Straps may loosen
Splaqua Kids Swim Goggles
Fulllove Kids Swim Goggles
Best For 180-Degree Visibility
TYR Youth Tie Dye Swimple Goggles
Best Unibody Design
|Polycarbonate (PC), Silicone, Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC)
|Polycarbonate (PC), Silicone
4. Best For UV Protection: Speedo Skoogles Kids Swim Goggles
Forget about feeling constricted when you wear these goggles by the trusted brand Speedo. These anti-fog swim goggles are designed for three-to-eight-year-old children. They’re available in a variety of colors to suit your child’s preferences. Here’s a review video showcasing a tester’s experience to help you get a better understanding of the product.
- Comes with a middle eye fit
- Non-latex, silicone frame
- UV protection layer
- Easy-to-wear-and-remove straps
- Might be narrow
- Rubber may not be thick
5. Best Outer Eye Fit: Speedo Jr. Hydrospex Classic Swim Goggles
Featuring a flexible silicone frame, these comfortable kids goggles are made to offer a good fit. The eye cup seal is of high quality and prevents water from leaking to the inside, making it a perfect pair of leak-proof swim goggles. Need more information? Watch this review video to make an informed decision about the trusted product.
- Feature an outer eye fit
- Non-latex goggles
- Anti-fog protection
- Come with a UV protection layer
- May not be leak-proof
- May not suit wide nose bridges
6. Best For Easy Wearing: Cooloo Swim Goggles
Here’s another fashionable, budget-friendly goggle to make your kid’s swimming session more fun and exciting. With a thermoplastic elastomer frame, swimming with these mirrored kids goggles for swimming protects your eyes from water splashes. The soft silicone seal along the eye cups can adjust to the child’s face to provide a comfortable fit.
- Single button clip design
- Durable and skin-friendly silicone
- Nicely-coated anti-fog prevention from water condensation in the eyes
- Come with UV protection
- May not offer clear underwater vision
- May not suit big or crooked nose shapes
7. Best Adjustable: EverSport Swim Goggles
The lenses of these colorful UV-protected swim goggles provide an anti-fog protection to prevent water condensation. This pair of kids goggles also features a one-click release clip each on the head strap. These time-tested diving goggles come in packs of two and inside a mesh bag.
- Available in 17 bright color options for the lens tint and frame
- Flexible and adjustable frame.
- Offers wide field of vision
- Shatter-resistant lenses
- May have a warping effect under water
- Water may get into the eye cups
8. Best Shatter-Resistant Lens: Aegend Swim Goggles
Elevate your kid’s swimming session with these ultra-stylish swim goggles from Aegend. The lenses of these kids goggles come with an anti-fog coating to prevent condensation of water droplets inside the eye cups. The strap has an easy-release clip on the head strap for ease of wearing and removal. Moreover, the silicone swim goggles with comfortable eyecups provide a snug fit.
- Flexible nosepiece to absorb impact and movements
- Shatter-resistant polycarbonate lenses
- Available in 20 color options
- Come with a one-year replacement guarantee by the manufacturer
- May not be suitable for bright settings
- Nose piece may not be soft
9. Best Tinted Lens: Aqua Sphere Kayenne Junior Swim Goggle
If you’re looking for swimming goggles for your little one that fit well and help them gain a competitive edge while swimming, look no further. Made to optimize the swimming experience, these tinted swim goggles are available in three lens options, namely blue, smoke, and clear. The lenses also offer UV protection.
- Curved lenses to provide 180° field of vision in water
- Strong and durable polycarbonate lenses
- Come with an easy-to-adjust side buckle
- Available in seven color options
- May not be completely leak-proof
- Strap may not be sturdy
10. Best Hypoallergenic: Hurdilen Kids Swim Goggles
Designed to be comfortable and ergonomic, these swimming goggles by Hurdilen come with various features, such as anti-fog, UV protection, and impact resistance. They have a double deck seal design along with 180° vision to make swimming effortless in goggles. They’re available in eight different colors to suit your child’s preferences.
- Hypoallergenic silicone free of latex and PVC
- Soft, well-cushioned, gasket that adjusts to the shape of your socket
- Feature one-button clip in the head strap
- Mirrored polycarbonate lenses
- Clasp may be flimsy
- Nose clip may not be comfortable
11. Best Goggles With Soft Gasket: Aqua Sphere Seal Kid 2 Swim Goggle
One among the reviewer’s favorites, each lens of these kids’ goggles comes with an anti-fog coating and UV protection on it. A tab each on the edge of the eye cups makes it easy to slide the head strap and tighten it. These simple goggles have an outer eye fit, which means the rim of the eye cups sits outside the eye socket. The lens is available in tints of two colors, namely clear and blue.
- Lenses are shaped to allow a 180° field of vision
- Resistant to scratches
- Soft gasket for added comfort
- Available in eight head strap colors
- May not be suitable for those with small-bridged nose
- Might leak
Does Your Child Need Swimming Goggles?
Yes, swimming goggles can make swimming safer for a child in the following ways.
- Protection against compounds in water: The water in swimming pools can contain several chemicals, such as chlorine and bromine that may irritate the eyes. An irritated eye may itch, become red, and cause severe discomfort. Research shows that swimming goggles could reduce the risk of eye irritation (1). They could also protect the eyes underwater against other dissolved particles and debris present in the water.
- Protection against physical impact: Children indulged in active water sports move around quickly and have difficulty seeing someone in their path. Swimming goggles can reduce the risk of injury due to such accidental impact while swimming. Safety equipment is compulsory for some intense swimming pool games such as water polo, for which the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends the use of swimming goggles (2).
- Better visibility: For the first-time swimmers, everything appears blurry underwater. It is due to the way light bounces inside water. Swimming goggles can trap some air in front of the eye, making it a bit easier for the child to see objects in the water.
How To Choose The Right Swimming Goggles For Kids?
You could consider the following points while shopping for swimming goggles for children:
- Ease of wearing: The goggles should be easy for a child to wear with no assembly and minimal adjustment required. It is best to avoid Swedish goggles, which the user has to assemble for use. To minimize hassles, it is best to buy ready-to-wear goggles for children.
- Comfort: The nosepiece and the eye cups should sit comfortably on the face without poking into the skin. Let the child try the goggles to see if they are comfortable using them for an hour or so.
- Adjustable: A pair of adjustable swimming goggles with flexible straps can grow as your child grows. If your child is likely to wear their swimming goggles for a long time, then those with adjustable straps can make a good choice.
- Water seal: Most swimming goggles for children come with a silicone or rubber gasket around the eye cup. It prevents the water from getting into the eyes. Check this feature to ensure the goggles fit well, and there are no gaps to let water seep into the eyes.
- Additional and specialized features: Swimming goggles can come with features that serve a specific purpose. For instance, some goggles may have eye cups with prescription lenses. Several goggles come with the anti-fog feature (prevent water condensation) and UV protection coating on the eye cups. UV protection swimming goggles can be a good choice if your child swims in an open swimming pool or loves swimming at beaches.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. At what age can a child start wearing swimming goggles?
There is no specific age from which a child can start wearing swimming goggles. Your children can start wearing swimming goggles once they are accustomed to chlorinated water and are old enough to see through them.
2. Can swimming goggles cause bags under the eyes?
Using smaller goggles or goggles that are too tight can cause bags to form under the eyes. If the suction mechanism in the goggles that keeps the water away from your eyes is too tight, it can lead to skin inflammations like baggy eyes.
3. How can swimmers avoid getting goggle marks?
Swimmers can avoid goggle marks by using goggles that are not too tight. Applying a hydrating cream or an ice pack can also help eliminate the marks.
4. How long do swimming goggles last?
Prolonged exposure to chlorine can reduce the life span of your goggles. Depending on the amount of chlorine in the pool and the frequency of usage, swim goggles should last for about six months to one year.
Whether your child swims regularly or is a beginner, the best swimming goggles are essential functional gear that will protect their eyes from chemicals in the water and give them clear visibility underwater. For an anti-fog option with UV protection, consider the Splaqua Kids Swim Goggles. We also recommend the TYR Youth Tie Dye Swimple Goggles with a unibody design for a sturdy fit and the Speedo Skoogles Kids Swim Goggles, featuring a non-latex, silicone frame. Go through each product’s exclusive features to shortlist and compare products. Read through the handy tips to buy a good-quality product worth your money. Ensure your child cleans the goggles before and after use so that the leftover chemicals from the water don’t damage them.
Infographic: Benefits Of Swimming Goggles For Children
Swimming is a useful skill that also keeps children physically active. Wearing appropriate swimming gear can further enhance their swimming performance and experience. Explore the following infographic to learn why a child should wear swimming goggles.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Our writers and reviewers have done in-depth research to help buyers make the right decision. In this article, we have listed the top swimming goggles for kids while highlighting the features of each best-selling product. Our team has sifted through countless trusted websites and forums to pick top-rated products with great user reviews. We have also included a buying guide to help you select the right product for your child.
- M. Khodaee et al. Medical Care for Swimmers; National Center for Biotechnology Information
- Water Polo; American Academy of Pediatrics
- What You Should Know About Swimming and Your Eyes.