Portable pools allow kids to play and enjoy in water even if they do not know swimming. Your kids can spend the hot summer days in water in the safety of your backyard.
There are various types of portable pools available in the market, but if you find the variety confusing, then allow MomJunction to help you. In this post, we will tell you about the best portable swimming pools for kids.
14 Best Portable Swimming Pools For Kids
1. Intex Mini Frame Pool
This pool is ideal for getting your kids comfortable in the water, so they are more confident at learning to swim in a bigger pool.
- Holds up to 89 gallons of water.
- Horizontal beams maintain shape and stability.
- Foam padding on beams ensures kids’ safety.
- Available in blue color resembling regular adult pool.
2. Step2 Play & Shade Pool
A simple tiny pool with an umbrella that lets your children stay cool even in the hot sun. Its small size makes it easy to play in a restricted space.
- Comes with two molded-in seats.
- Includes attached umbrella for sun protection.
- Funnel cup for collecting water and can be attached to the umbrella.
- Molded designs on the floor of the pool for better traction underwater.
3. Bestway Steel Pro Rectangular Swimming Pool
It looks like a swimming pool but a smaller version of it. This tiny pool allows three to four kids to have a blissful time in the water.
- Two PVC layers with a polyester mesh within for durable use.
- Corrosion-proof steel frame for long-lasting life.
- No tools required for assembling
- Flow control drain allows easy drainage of water after use.
- Available in four dimensions.
4. Intex Metal Frame Pool with Filter Pump
This massive above-ground pool makes a good choice for a family outing. Its huge and sturdy metal frame lets your kids safely wade and splash around in the water.
- Holds up to 1718 gallons of water.
- Rust-resistant steel frame makes the pool strong and durable.
- Laminated sidewalls keep frame legs firmly in place.
- Ground-fault circuit interrupter halts pump instantaneously, if water comes in contact with the electric current.
- Drain plug connects to a garden hose for convenient drainage of water.
5. OlarHike Extra Large Family Inflatable Pool
This big pool can easily accommodate a family of four. The circular shape makes it an ideal pool to place on the lawn.
- Holds up to 400 gallons of water.
- Made of non-toxic, odorless, ultra-thick, airtight PVC material.
- Bubble bottom and non-slip inner center ensure safe play.
- The pool inflates in three simple steps.
6. Intex Crystal Blue Inflatable Pool
Looking for a basic pool? Then this inflatable pool in classic blue color can be what you are looking for.
- Three-ringed pool sidewall is ideal for small kids.
- Comes with repair patch.
- Simple and easy to setup.
- Suitable for use in the backyard.
7. Intex Ocean Inflatable Play Center
It is not just a pool, but an entire water kingdom for kids! This brightly-colored pool is easy to setup and safe to use.
- Comes with inflatable slide and palm tree.
- Package contains inflatable turtle, whale, and rings.
- Extra padding on the landing mat ensures safe play.
- Control valve allows a smooth flow of water.
- Includes repair patch.
8. Intex Swim Center Paradise Inflatable Pool
Though big in size, this inflatable pool is relatively easy to install. This pool can provide several hours of water fun to kids.
- Holds up to 151 gallons of water.
- Dual air chambers and double valve intake ensures safe play.
- Package contains repair patch and shelf box.
- High sidewall makes it safe for the child to play.
9. Intex Candy Zone Inflatable Play Center
Your kids have quite likely not seen a pool more tempting than this one. Brightly-colored, candy-themed inflatable pool is a paradise for kids.
- Comes with water sprayer.
- Includes two large inflatable lollipops and six colorful balls.
- Extra padding on landing mat for safe play.
- Drain plug ensures easy clearing of water after use.
- Package contains a repair patch.
10. Intex Family Lounge Pool
If a public pool is not your most favorite place, then this family pool might become your favorite one. You can spend a lovely summer day splashing water with your kids in your own backyard.
- Holds up to 169 gallons of water.
- Made of rugged 13-gauge vinyl for a long life.
- Easy inflation and deflation with combo air valves.
- Built-in bench and backrest allows a parent to sit within the pool.
- Two cup holders on the sidewall.
11. XFlated Kiddie Pool Inflatable Pool
This pool comes in three exciting design schemes, namely watermelon, ice cream, and hamburger. Kids are quite likely to be excited to see these colors beyond the usual blue color.
- Three separate valves for three sidewall rings ensure added durability.
- Includes repair patch in case of puncture or tear.
- It is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use.
- You can buy three different patterns each or buy all three in a three-pack set.
12. Intex Recreation Crystal Blue Pool
A compact circular swimming pool that is easy to carry anywhere.
- Holds up to 89 gallons of water.
- Includes repair patch.
- The sidewalls and floor are made from durable vinyl.
13. Intex Swim Center Clearview Aquarium
This pool offers a great combination of simple design, effective functionality, and unlimited fun in the water.
- Made of 12 gauge clear vinyl and PVC for a strong and sturdy build.
- Wide side walls for comfortable play.
- Colorful illustrations of fish and sea life on the outer walls make it attractive.
14. Intex Mandarin Swim Center Family Pool
A rectangular pool that allows a family to have lots of fun splashing around water on a summer afternoon.
- Made from durable 13-gauge vinyl.
- Comes in bright orange, two-ring design.
- Repair patch included to resolve accidental damage.
- Drain plug helps clear water from the pool.
What To Look For In A Portable Swimming Pool For Kids?
Below are some essential features that are good to consider before buying portable swimming pools for children.
- Durability: Kids swimming pools are mostly made from high-density polyethylene or hard plastic and rubber so it can retain its shape and last longer. However, these portable pools are often subjected to sun’s heat, rough handling by children, and water weight. If it is made of sturdy material and is stitched with double seams, then it is likely to last long. Also, give preference to portable swimming pools that come with repair patches.
- Inflation and Deflation: Inflating and deflating the pool should be an easy process. Portable children swimming pools are usually inflated using an electric or a manual pump. These pumps are often purchased separately. So, you need to check for the pump first before investing in a portable pool. The deflation should also be simple and quick. It should also preferably have a drain plug for smooth drainage of water from the pool.
- Size: Portable pools are available in all kinds of shapes and sizes. You can decide the size depending on the space you have and the number of children that will play in it. The depth of the pool is decided by the age of the kids playing in it. If your kids are new to playing with the water, then avoid buying deeper pools.
Even though portable swimming pools for kids are shallow, it must only be used under adult supervision. The presence of an adult doubles the safety and also the fun.
These were our picks for the best swimming pools for kids. Do let us know which portable pool you liked the most? Share your answer in the comments section below.
Disclaimer: MomJunction may earn a commission when products are purchased through affiliate links given in the article. However, this partnership does not influence the editorial content featuring in our list.
- 20 Fun Outdoor Games And Activities For Kids
- 10 Fun And Easy Activities To Do With Your Kids This Summer
- Sun Safety For Kids – Tips And Facts
- 10 Best Rocking Chairs For Kids