- Symptoms Of Baby Girl During Pregnancy
- Well-Known Old Wives’ Tales To Determine Your Baby’s Sex
- Can A Pregnancy Gender Test Determine Your Baby’s Sex?
- How To Conceive A Baby Girl Naturally?
- Diet Plan To Conceive A Baby Girl
- Foods To Increase Your Chances Of Having A Baby Girl
As a pregnant mom, wondering whether that little bundle of joy inside you is a pretty little girl or a cute little boy is a question with which you’re probably familiar. Common sense dictates that increasing your chances of conceiving a girl or a boy are old wives tales. But, what if there is some truth to these legends? Can certain symptoms indicate that you’ll be a proud mom of a baby girl? As incredible as it sounds, it is true! Here we learn more about these symptoms and signs of having a girl baby!
Symptoms Of Baby Girl During Pregnancy:
Some of the noticeable symptoms of baby girl during pregnancy are:
1. Higher Heart Rate:
- The physician monitors your baby’s heart rate closely. If the heart rate is high and above 140 -160 beats per minute, it indicates that you are having a baby girl.
- The semi-scientific and risk-free method is quite accurate in indicating your infant’s gender.
2. High Or Low?
- During pregnancy, if you appear to carry your baby higher it indicates that you are pregnant with a baby girl.
3. Severe Morning Sickness:
- Severe morning sickness is a clear signs of having a baby girl baby.
- Researchers conclude that girls cause more morning sickness in mothers than boys. (Click to Tweet!)
[ Read: Symptoms Of Baby Boy During Pregnancy ]
4. Skin Acne:
- When blisters and rashes appear on your skin during the gestation phase, it implies the symptoms of having a baby girl.
- The hormonal imbalance in the body triggers acne.
5. Shape Of The Belly:
- The shape of your belly plays a pivotal role in sex determination of your offspring.
- When you carry your baby weight in the front, you will give birth to a boy. But when you carry your baby in the middle, it’s the sign that your having a girl baby.
6. Mood Swings:
- When you experience sudden mood swings like extreme irritability, depression, and anger in your pregnancy you are probably having the signs of being pregnant with a girl baby.
- Those pregnant with a baby girl usually face more pregnancy mood swings than women expecting boys.
[ Read: Morning Sickness During Pregnancy ]
7. Breast Size:
- Keeping a close note of your breast size during pregnancy is quite effective in determination of your baby’s sex.
- When the left breast appears slightly bigger than the right one, it means a girl. (Click to Tweet!). This is one of the symptoms of girl baby during pregnancy.
8. The Garlic Test:
- When you eat a clove, but your body odor does not change and remains normal, you’re expecting a girl.
- When you are expecting a boy, the smell of garlic easily seeps out of your pores.
9. Do You Sleep On A Particular Side?
- If you sleep on your right side for most of your pregnancy, you can expect giving birth to a baby girl.
10. The Skull Theory:
- When you are pregnant with a girl symptoms then the ultrasound picture shows that your baby possesses a tapered head and rounded lower jaw.
11. The Baking Powder Test:
- Put a single tablespoon of baking powder in a glass and add some your urine into the same glass.
- When the urine reacts with the baking powder and turns fizzy, then you are having a boy. On the other hand, if there occurs no reaction and the urine color remains the same, then it the symptoms of carrying a baby girl.
12. Hair Texture And Glossiness:
- If your hair looks thin and dull, it means that you’re carrying a girl. Whereas, shiny and glossy hair indicates that you are carrying a baby boy.
13. Urine Color:
- The color of your urine helps determine your baby’s sex. Dull yellow colored urine indicates the sign of carrying a girl baby.
14. Craving Sweets?
- When you crave for sweet foods like chocolates and yummy ice-cream, you are having a baby girl. Craving for salty and savory snacks and cheese indicates that you’re expecting a boy.
[ Read: Food Cravings During Pregnancy ]
15. How Big Your Boobs Become?
- When you notice a dramatic change in the size of your boobs, you’re expecting a girl. In the case of a baby boy, the change is not even noticeable.
16. Clumsy Or Graceful?
- Well, this one is probably for the next section. But, it is said that if you remain graceful throughout your pregnancy, you are going to have a beautiful baby girl.
Well-Known Old Wives’ Tales To Determine Your Baby’s Sex:
Let us look at some of the popular old wives’ tales that help determine your newborn’s sex:
1. Ring Test:
- One theory suggests tying a ring using a thread and letting it roll over your stomach.
- If the ring rotates in a circular motion on your belly, then it is the sign of baby girl.
[ Read: Ring On A String Gender Prediction ]
2. Body Clues:
- Legends predict that when you carry a baby girl in your womb, she steals all your beauty.
- So, if you notice the appearance of skin acne and ugly blemishes, you’ve got a little princess coming your way.
- On the other hand, dry hands and cold feet are signs of a baby boy.
3. Chinese Birth Calendar:
- Chinese birth chart determines your baby’s gender by monitoring the age and month of your conception.
- In the method, it pays utmost emphasis on your age and year of conception. If both the numbers are even or odd, then it’s a girl. But if one is even and the other is odd, it’s a boy.
4. The Linea Nigra:
- The dark line that appears on your baby bump indicates whether you’re carrying a boy or a girl.
- According to ancient belief, if the line continues to stretch above your belly button, you are pregnant with a baby boy. But if the line finishes below your belly button, it’s a baby girl (1).
Can A Pregnancy Gender Test Determine Your Baby’s Sex?
Most new parents remain extremely curious to find out the gender of their would-be baby. They wish to start shopping, choose their baby’s name and decorate the baby’s nursery accordingly. By knowing their baby’s gender, they can accomplish such tasks easily. For such reasons, many parents look for the pregnancy-gender test that will determine whether they will have a boy or a girl.
You can buy the pregnancy gender test kit from a local pharmacy. The test strip uses your urine to determine the gender of your newborn baby. Though the test kit claims to be 90 percent accurate, they aren’t particularly accurate.
Many people use these test kits for gender prediction, but it is better to opt for medical tests like ultrasound. The USG provides a clear picture of your baby’s private area.
How To Conceive A Baby Girl Naturally?
As you have already decided to have a little pink bundle of joy in your life, follow the effective measures to conceive a baby girl naturally:
1. Pinpoint Your Ovulation Date:
- The best way to keep a track of your ovulation days is to chart your menstruation date accurately.
- Most of the doctor suggests that the ovulation starts on the 14th day of your menstrual cycle. For most of the women, the cycle ranges from 21-35 days in length. Hence, the best way to predict your ovulation is to chart your cycle.
[ Read: Reasons Why Having A Baby Girl ]
- Some of the other scientific ways to track your ovulation involve, checking the consistency of your cervical mucus, keeping a note of your basal body temperature daily and noting how your cervix feels.
- By having proper knowledge of the ovulation days, it becomes easier to practice sex accordingly and increase your chance of conceiving a baby girl.
2. Have Sex 2-3 Days Before Ovulation:
- Female sperms are much stronger than the male ones. The female sperms remain alive in the uterus for longer time span and get sufficient time for fertilization.
- Having sex before a few days of ovulation helps the slow swimmers (sperm) to meet the eggs in the fallopian team and fertilize accordingly.
- Time your intercourse few days before ovulation and then stop having sex about 2 to 3 days before and on the actual day of ovulation. As the female sperm can survive in your vagina for few days, by the time of your ovulation your body releases eggs, and it meets with the resilient girl sperm.
3. Stay Shallow:
- Girl sperm loves the acidic vaginal environment of the female body.
- Hence, your partner needs to make sure that the penetration remains shallow, and the sperm stays close to the entrance of the vagina. It helps in inhibit the male sperm from deeper penetration and offer a better chance of survival to the female sperm.
4. Avoid Orgasm:
- To conceive a baby girl, you need to avoid orgasm during sex.
- Female orgasm tends to make the vaginal environment more alkaline, and the girl sperm simply hates that environment.
5. Favorable Sex Positions:
- Try the popular sex positions like missionary style or the woman on the top.
- These sex positions help in shallow penetration of the sperm, and thus it increases the chances of conceiving a baby girl.
6. Dietary Changes:
- To make your vaginal environment more acidic and help the girl sperm survive easily, you need to maintain your pH balance through diet.
- You need to intake smaller proportion of sodium, potassium and caffeine, as these elements make the vaginal environment alkaline in nature.
- It is advisable to intake higher amounts of calcium and magnesium. Some of the foods to include in your diet are cheese, green beans, berries, chicken, rice, and eggs.
- You need to intake acidic foods. The acidic environment is favorable for the girl sperms. So, you can have chocolates, vinegar, soda and citrus fruits in your daily diet menu. Also, you need to avoid alkaline foods when you aspire for a baby girl.
- You should maintain a low-salt level in your diet. It boosts your chance of having a baby girl. Avoid eating high-saline foods like blue cheese, processed food and salted meats.
7. The Shettles Method:
- It is another popular method that helps the couple to conceive a baby girl naturally. According to scientific theory, the Y chromosomes move faster than X chromosomes.
- According to the Shettles Method, couples need to have sex on a regular basis starting from the end of your monthly period until about three days before your ovulation.
[ Read: Genetic Testing During Pregnancy ]
8. Make Your Partner Take A Hot Bath:
- Researchers conclude that girl sperms are highly tolerant towards warm temperature. So, when your partner takes a warm bath before having sex, it helps you in conceiving a baby girl.
- However, it is better to avoid the practice for future days as the ambient temperature reduces the sperm count of the males.
9. Using Douching Method:
- Scientists conclude that you can change your vaginal environment by making it more acidic through the douching method.
- You can conduct the method, right after performing the sexual activity.
- Take one part of vinegar with four parts of water and mix the content well. After having the intercourse, douche the vagina with the vinegar mixture.
- As soon as the acidic water comes in contact with the vaginal mucus, it increases the pH level of the vagina and kills the male sperm. It also makes the vaginal environment favorable for the female sperm (2).
Diet Plan To Conceive A Baby Girl:
Here is a complete diet plan that increases your chances of conceiving a sweet baby girl:
1. Avoid Apples:
- It is a well-known fact that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. But, when you want to conceive a baby girl, it better to avoid eating apples.
- Apples are less acidic in nature, and they tend to create a friendly environment for the male sperm in vaginal mucus.
- Hence, you should avoid intake of apples during your planned pregnancy. After crossing certain weeks of gestation, you should not try to disturb the vaginal environment internally.
[ Read: Diet Chart For Pregnant Women ]
2. Consume More Eggs:
- Eggs are a rich source of calcium and it boosts your chances to conceive a girl. Regular intake of eggs helps in conceiving a baby girl naturally.
- Eggs are acidic foods that help in increasing the pH level of your vagina and make it harder for the male sperm to survive.
3. Intake Green Leafy Vegetables In Your Daily Diet:
- Green leafy vegetables are rich in minerals and vitamins, which are best for the survival of the female sperm.
- Among other green vegetables, Broccoli is one of the preferable one as it contains a high amount of calcium and magnesium along with vitamin A, C, and K.
4. Avoid Alkaline-Rich Foods:
- To conceive a baby girl, you need to avoid greatly alkaline-rich foods. Such food list includes dates, bananas, raisins and nuts.
- Foods rich in alkaline content make the female sperm unhealthy, and they cannot resist in the alkaline environment of the vagina.
5. Avoid Alkaline-Rich Beverages:
- First-time mothers thinking about a baby girl should avoid drinking beverages rich in alkaline.
- Bottled water available in the department store or grocery store contains high alkaline level. Avoid drinking this packaged water and purchase alkaline-free water.
- Herbal teas are extremely high in alkaline content. So avoid intake of these beverages, as it can reduce the acidity level in your reproductive tract.
6. Eat Fewer Bananas:
- Bananas do supply a lot of vitamins and minerals to your body, especially potassium.
- Potassium makes the vaginal environment more alkaline, which helps in survival of the Y chromosome boy sperm.
- When you intake excess amount of potassium, your vaginal environment becomes alkaline one instead of an acidic vaginal environment. As a result, the X chromosome girl sperm cannot survive.
Foods To Increase Your Chances Of Having A Baby Girl:
Some of the foods to increase you chance of conceiving baby girl are:
- Different varieties of berries like blueberries, cranberries, strawberries and Goji berries helps in conceiving a baby girl.
- Berries help in regulation of your vaginal pH and make it harder for the male sperm cells to survive in your vagina.
- Besides favoring female sperm cells, berries are very poor in calories. One of the theory states that smaller amounts of calories increase the chances of having a female baby.
- To prevent high blood sugar levels and the risk of suffering from gestational diabetes, it is preferable to choose unsweetened fruits. Berries canned in syrup are high in sugar content and are extremely unhealthy for your body.
2. Whole Grains:
- The primary reason to intake whole grains to conceive a baby girl is because of its high magnesium and selenium content.
- Apart from boosting the immunity ad strengthening your bones, the minerals also increase the chances of conceiving a girl.
- The daily recommended dosage of magnesium for a normal woman is around 310 milligrams. But when you are trying to conceive, you need to increase the amount up to 400 mg of whole grains daily.
- Some of the foods obtained from whole grains are brown rice, oatmeal, buckwheat, maize, whole wheat, slices of bread, and sprouted grains.
- The different variety of beans like kidney beans, soya beans, lentils, red beans, and black beans helps the women trying to get pregnant with a female baby.
- Beans contain a high percentage of magnesium and fibers that are vital for the conception of a baby girl.
- Beans contain a low amount of fats, and the diet is completely preferable for women trying to conceive a baby girl naturally.
- Intake of the different form of beans also helps in avoiding digestive discomfort, bloating and gas during pregnancy.
[ Read: Beans During Pregnancy ]
- Milk is a rich source of calcium and must be included in your diet if you wish to have a baby girl.
- You need to increase the milk intake with at least three months before the time of conception.
- Milk has a pH content of around 6.5 and contains lactic acid. It helps in making the vaginal environment more acidic, which is favorable for the female sperms.
- But avoid drinking more than 750 ml a day as it can lead to stomach acidity and cause problems of gastric reflux and ulcers.
- To avoid such gastrointestinal problems, make sure to intake a calculated amount of milk daily. It is recommended to drink three cups of milk daily or replace the one cup of milk with one serving of natural yogurt.
5. Canned Salmon:
- Canned Salmon is a rich source of proteins, vitamin D, and fatty acids. All these nutrients make the vaginal environment acidic and favorable for the female sperms to survive longer.
- Unlike canned salmon, the smoked salmon contains higher amounts of salt and thus you should eliminate it from your menu.
- To make the canned salmon yummy and flavorful, shred cheese on the top. Cheese being a rich source of calcium also favors the survival of female sperm cells.
- You can also eat salads made from eggs, canned salmon, green leafy vegetables, lemon, vinegar, and avocado. All the ingredients of the salad are effective in increasing the likelihood of having a female baby.
[ Read: Salmon During Pregnancy ]
6. Seeds And Nuts:
- Some of the seeds and nuts are rich in magnesium and calcium, which helps in survival of the X chromosome girl sperm in your vagina.
- However, you should avoid eating pumpkin seeds, chestnuts, and almonds as they are favorable for the survival of the Y chromosome boy sperm.
- To conceive a baby girl, you need to intake Brazil nuts that have a high level of magnesium and calcium. The nuts also contain palmitoleic and oleic acids that make your vaginal environment more acidic.
- As nuts and seeds are extremely rich in calories, you need to eat them in moderation.
[ Read: Nuts During Pregnancy ]
- Tofu contains vital minerals like calcium, magnesium, iron, sodium, copper and zinc. These minerals help in maintaining a healthy reproductive tract.
- Tofu being a rich source of Calcium, boost up your chance of conceiving a girl.
- You need to consume one hundred grams of tofu daily.
- Figs contain chlorogenic acid and vitamins K, A, B, and E, and make your vaginal environment more acidic and thus increase your chances of conceiving a baby girl naturally. Figs also help in regulation of your pH level.
- The only drawback of eating higher amounts of figs is that it can alter you blood sugar level. Hence, it is recommendable to eat them in moderation.
- The intake of chocolate helps increase the acid level of your vaginal environment and digestive tract. It becomes favorable for the girl chromosome to survive in such acidic vaginal environment.
- It is recommended to eat dark chocolate, as it helps you prevent hyperglycemia and obesity.
- As chocolate are rich in sugars, they can increase your blood sugar level drastically. Hence, always eat chocolates in moderation.
Are you a proud mother of a cute baby girl? Did you experience any of the above baby girl symptoms during pregnancy? Please share your story with other mommies here!
- 4 Best Ways To Detect Your Pregnancy
- 10 Things You Should Know When You Are Trying To Get Pregnant
- 8 Vital Vitamins You Should Take While Conceiving
- 10 Foods Which Can Improve Your Chances Of Getting Pregnant
Latest posts by Rebecca Malachi (see all)
- 42nd Week Pregnancy: Symptoms, Baby Development, Tips, And Body Changes - January 9, 2019
- Urine Color During Pregnancy: Why It Changes And When To See A Doctor - December 28, 2018
- Fast Heart Beat During Pregnancy: Why Does It Happen And Is It Normal? - December 26, 2018
- What is Double Marker Test? Its Cost, Procedure, Results - December 26, 2018
- Bio Oil Review - December 6, 2018
- Bio Oil review - December 5, 2018
- Is It Safe To Eat Lotus Seeds (Makhana) During Pregnancy? - October 25, 2018
- 32 Best Essential Oils To Improve Fertility In Men And Women - October 11, 2018
- Birthing Ball Exercises During Pregnancy, Labor And Beyond - September 28, 2018
- Lightning Crotch: Causes, Symptoms And Tips To Deal With It - September 28, 2018