Men are often clueless when it comes to pregnancy. They may be meaning well, but can end up making their pregnant wife throw a fit.
If your wife is pregnant and you feel like you are walking on eggshells around her, you need to arm yourself – with knowledge!
Let us tell you exactly what men should know about pregnant women:
1. She Is Hungry, Feed Her:
Yes, you know that your pregnant wife needs to eat more than usual. So be ready with snacks around the house!
2. Don’t Criticize Her Changing Appearance:
Never, ever tell her how big she is getting. She knows it. She may not tell you but is super conscious about her changing body. Don’t add to her pain. Just say ‘you look beautiful’ – that should do it!
3. Pregnancy Brain Is Not A Myth:
Okay, your wife may never tell you this but pregnancy hormones do take a toll on one’s brain. Be kind. She’ll forget where she kept her car keys – just ignore these instances. Don’t worry, things will return to normal once your baby arrives.
4. Sex Will Not Harm The Baby:
But that doesn’t mean your wife will enjoy it! So, consider your wife’s changing sexual needs. Some women get hypersexual while pregnant. Others lose interest.
[ Read: Oral Sex During Pregnancy ]
5. She Needs Pillows More Than You:
Now, don’t make it personal. Of course, she loves you! But when you feel like a whale, the last thing you need is another human in the bed. So make yourself comfortable on the couch while your wife sleeps with her favorite pillow.
6. She Will Not Break:
Your wife is pregnant. She hasn’t turned into glass! Treat her well but don’t overdo it.
7. Pregnancy Is About Her:
Yes, you are excited about parenthood. But she is the one undergoing the changes during pregnancy. So allow her to be the center of attraction.
8. Don’t Ask, Just Do:
If your wife asks for an epidural, don’t ask ‘are you sure?’ Go get the doctor instead. Yes, all you need to do is follow her lead!
9. The Delivery Room:
Well, it is your wife who gets to decide who’ll be with her during childbirth. If she asks you to be around, great. If not, don’t sulk.
10. She Is Tired, Not Lazy:
Imagine your body blowing up to thrice its original size. Imagine staying awake at night as a little something rolls around in your stomach. Well, your wife is experiencing it all and much more. She is tired. Don’t mistake it for laziness.
11. Yes, She Needs Those Massages:
Pregnancy is tough. Your wife’s body is just different now. And it hurts. So, if she asks for the tenth tummy massage at night, just do it. If you feel like complaining, remember what she is going through.
[ Read: Massage Chair During Pregnancy ]
12. Prenatal Visits Are Important:
This is the most essential things when we talk about what men should know about pregnancy. Maybe for you the prenatal visits are nothing but a waste of time. Don’t tell her that. Just hang around with her as she rejoices and sheds a few tears while watching the little one inside her tummy during a scan.
13. She Is Hormonal, Don’t Mention It:
If you see her bawling her eyes out after watching a silly movie, don’t mention hormones. She knows it, you know it – just don’t make it a subject of discussion.
14. She Is Right:
Well, accept that she is right. If you want peace at home!
15. She Is Scared:
Pregnancy might be the most normal thing in the world, but for your wife, it is scary. The changes in her body, labor, giving birth, taking care of a helpless infant – these are the things that give your wife sleepless nights. Don’t just say ‘everything is going to be okay.’ Hold her hand and team with her.
Most importantly, learn to laugh. Pregnancy and taking care of a baby will change you, your wife, and your marriage. It will take a toll on your otherwise perfect relationship. A good sense of humor is something you’ll need to survive.
Hope you liked our post on what men need to know about pregnancy. If you are a new father, tell us how you helped your wife beat the pregnancy blues.
Latest posts by Chhandita Chakravarty (see all)
- Teaching About Body Parts To Kids - March 31, 2016
- Child Passenger Safety – Rules And Tips - February 29, 2016
- How Milk Thistle Can Help You During Breastfeeding - February 29, 2016
- Chemical Pregnancy After IVF And IUI : Is It A Good Sign? - February 10, 2016
- Headaches In Toddlers - Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis & Treatment - February 8, 2016
- How To Deal With Breastmilk Allergy In Babies? - January 28, 2016
- 24 Best Parks In Mumbai To Visit With Your Kids - January 20, 2016
- Infertility In Women – 5 Causes & 5 Symptoms You Should Be Aware Of - January 13, 2016
- 15 Best Sex Positions To Help You Get Pregnant - January 4, 2016
- 25 Simple Exercises You Can Do During Pregnancy - December 28, 2015