Have you ever noticed how the happiest people are those who put in their energy to make others around them happy? Don’t you think that the world will be a more incredible place if we make an effort to spread joy in other people’s lives? And, the joy will grow multiple folds if the person you are trying to make happy is your precious little baby. This can be one way of handling the pressure that comes along with raising your baby in the correct way. So, learn the tricks of making your little one happy and see how it works wonders for him/her. Here, we bring you some ways in which you can make your newborn happier:
1. Keep Them Warm
Since newborns don’t really have a lot of body weight and it is a little difficult for them to regulate the body temperature, new moms should do everything that they can to keep their little ones warm. A warm environment can do a lot to make the newborns feel comfortable, happy, and healthy. You can try keeping warm by drying them off soon after a bath, dressing them up in soft, warm clothes, etc. Also, don’t keep their cribs close to the fan, AC, or window.
2. Shower Your Crying Baby With Affection
Babies can communicate their discomfort or needs only by crying since they can’t talk. Of course, it can be pretty hard to understand what is actually upsetting them, even for an experienced mom. Until you figure out what they need, you can calm the little ones down by soothing them. You can hold them in your arms to make them feel safe. You can also gently caress or cradle to let them know that they are loved.
3. Try Not To Ignore Them
Kids rely a lot on the companionship of their parents, especially babies. Since they can’t take care of their own needs, they are constantly looking out for their caregivers. And, if newborns are left alone for far too long, they might feel insecure, needy, and sad. The companionship, however, will help them grow both intellectually and emotionally.
4. Cuddle Your Little Bundle Of Joy
We are sure that this is what you have always wanted to hear. More opportunities to hold the little one in your arms is an exhilarating news, isn’t it? Softly caressing the newborns’ face and touching them positively can make them feel safe, calm, and comfortable. Also, cuddling helps strengthen the bond between the mom-baby duo.
5. Learn To Read Their Feeding Cues
You may not always realize it but babies always give a clue about their needs. That is one of the reasons why crying is considered to be one of the cues for your little one’s hunger pangs. So, pay close attention to them and make an attempt to distinguish the cry that indicates hunger from the other cues. This way, you can feed them soon after they feel hungry. Such care makes both the mothers and the babies feel satisfied and calm.
6. Let The Little One Sleep
A proper sleeping routine can do wonders for the babies. A good sleep is a recipe for happier and healthier newborns. Since each baby has different sleeping needs, it becomes essential to understand your little one’s preference. Once you do, just provide him/her with a comfortable and safe environment to sleep in.
7. Step Out Of The House Occasionally
Stepping out and changing the scenery can provide immense relief to babies when they are being fussy. The change in the surrounding can lighten up their moods significantly. At times, they stop crying immediately once they notice a shift in the environment.
A mother wants nothing but to ensure her little one’s happiness. And, these are some ways in which you can do just that. Try to incorporate these suggestions into your life and see how it works for you. Good luck!
Latest posts by shalmali (see all)
- That First Poop After Baby & 6 Other Bathroom Truths No One Tells Us - March 14, 2019
- The Best Protein Sources For Babies And Kids – Plant And Animal Based - March 13, 2019
- How To Make Dry Fruits Powder For Babies Easily At Home? - March 12, 2019
- Top 7 Super Healthy Weight Gain Foods For Babies And Kids - March 7, 2019
- The Truth About Nuchal Cords (Umbilical Cord Around Baby’s Neck) - March 7, 2019
- 7 Super Foods That Boost Immune System In Children - March 6, 2019
- 17 Baby Girl Names And Meanings, Scripture And Prayers - March 5, 2019
- The One Reason Women Stop Having Sex With Their Husbands & What You Can Do To Take Back Your Intimacy - March 4, 2019
- Second-Born Children Are More Likely To Be Rebellious - March 1, 2019
- Confessions Of An Anxious Mom: I Hated Breastfeeding - February 25, 2019