If your due date is around the corner, you would agree that the best part of pregnancy is to actually give birth. Of course, it is nerve-racking but it is that one moment that you really look forward to from the second that you hear the good news. And, upon reaching the hospital on D-Day is when it finally sinks in that you are going to get to hold the person you love the most in your arms soon. While you may have done your research on the process of childbirth itself, you may not have thought about what you are going to do in the hospital once the delivery is over. Here, we bring you some of these things:
1. Fill In The Birth Certificate
Make sure that you fill in the birth certificate when you are at the hospital itself. You can also take help from the awesome nurses who will always be willing to assist you. Try not to leave this one for after you have reached home as this may cause unnecessary stress. At that moment, all you would want to do is spend time with your little one and rest. So, try to finish all the paperwork beforehand.
2. Ask As Many Questions As You Wish To
This is the best time to ask as many questions as you want to and clarify all your doubts. It is natural to have a lot of questions running through your mind so don’t feel shy or embarrassed about anything. Even if you feel that what you’re asking is basic and obvious, don’t hesitate and go for it. Your nurses and doctors are there just to help you out so don’t think that you are under any sort of scrutiny.
3. Take Advantage Of Your Husband’s Generosity
Looking at the entire process of childbirth makes a man realize how much pain his wife may have experienced in the last couple of hours. Additionally, he is elated because she has just given him the best gift of his life. So, your dearest husband will want to pamper you in every way that he can. Let him since you deserve all the TLC!
4. It’s Alright If You Can’t Sleep With Your Little One
As soon as your munchkin is here, you would want to hold him/her in your arms 24/7. After all, you are still in awe that you just gave birth to the most adorable, little person ever. But, it’s alright if you are not able to do so immediately. Be it because you still need to recover or because you feel a little nervous about taking care of your baby without any nurse’s supervision. It’s understandable so don’t beat yourself up about it.
5. Grab All The Free Baby Stuff You Get
You may be offered a lot of free diapers, blankets, or baby formula by the hospital. Grab all of it. Since you are technically paying for the hospital bills, it’s not like you are stealing anything. So, don’t let it affect your conscience. In fact, involve your husband in the plan too. After all, you need a partner-in-crime.
6. Rest, Rest, And Rest
Back at the hospital, you’ll have all the assistance that you need, be it the nurses or the docs. So, if your little one wakes up in the middle of the night, there will be tons of other people who’ll look after him/her. So, take advantage of this time and rest as much as you can.
7. Enjoy And Cherish Your Visitors
There will be quite a lot of attention that you would get during this phase. Many close friends and relatives will visit you in the hospital and all of them would want to help you. Don’t shy away from it. Enjoy and cherish this phase since it’s not every day that you’re showered with so much affection.
First and foremost, many many congratulations to you. And, happy motherhood!
Latest posts by shalmali (see all)
- 5 Psychological Studies Every Parent Should Know About - February 18, 2019
- 9 Seriously Helpful And Quick Ways To Heal From An Episiotomy Or Vaginal Tear - February 18, 2019
- 7 Things Not To Do After Giving Birth - February 15, 2019
- 9 Things You Should Have Ready During Your Third Trimester - February 15, 2019
- 9 Things To Do When You Start Having Labor Contractions - February 14, 2019
- Discussion Questions To Prepare Your Relationship For Baby - February 14, 2019
- 7 Things I Wish My Husband Knew Before Coming Into The Delivery Room - February 13, 2019
- Don't Help Your Kids With Their Homework - February 13, 2019
- 7 Things To Do In The Hospital After You Give Birth - February 12, 2019
- 7 Ways To End An Argument With Your Partner - February 12, 2019