As soon as a woman learns that she is expecting, her life changes in ways that she may have never imagined. One moment, she is just another jovial girl who has no care in the world. And, the next moment, she is in a place where everything that she does can impact the life of another tiny person – someone she loves the most in the world. Can you relate to this?
But, with all the cautions and warnings that are mentioned to you by one and all, you are left under the impression that the tiny being within you is super-delicate. However, as you progress in your pregnancy, you feel surprised by your little one’s strength and capabilities. They can do a myriad of things from within the womb. And, here we bring you some of these things:
1. If The Mom Is Happy, So Is The Little One
As we all know, it is generally the mom’s mood that dictates the mood of the entire house. So, if she is happy, you can expect the home to be lit with joy too. The same is believed for an expectant mom and her little one too. If she is happy, her fetus may be able to feel and sense that. So, yes, it is likely that babies might be able to experience joy in their cushiony world within the womb.
2. Can Taste Whatever The Mom Is Eating
This is one of the most pertinent questions that expecting moms have – “can my little one taste the food that I eat?”. Turns out, the answer is “yes”! This particular development occurs somewhere around the 21st week of pregnancy. It is during this phase that the infant begins to consume a bit of the amniotic fluid on a regular basis. This fluid, in turn, is flavored with the food that expecting moms consume. So, your baby can actually taste everything that you eat (1).
3. Your Little One Can Tune In To Your Conversations
Somewhere around the 18th week of gestation, the babies’ ears become distinct on either side of their head. At times, this development happens even in the 16th week after their conception. So, they may start hearing. And, by the 25th week, the little ones begin to respond to sounds that are familiar like your voice for instance (2).
4. May Begin To Feel Your Touch
It is from the moment that these babies are within the womb that they may start appreciating the sense of touch. And, given that it is one of the few ways that they can interact with the outside world, it doesn’t come as a surprise.
Here are some of the things that the little ones can’t feel:
1. A Few Light Bumps Here And There
You may feel scared of stepping out in the crowds after learning about your pregnancy. There is a certain amount of paranoia associated with it and it sort of peaks even more as the expectant moms approach the due date. This is because most of you may feel scared of causing any unintentional harm to the little one. Of course, the care and caution are mandatory but the little ones mostly won’t feel a slight bump from a stranger.
2. The Naughty Stuff
Yet another thing that a couple is scared of when they are expecting is physical intimacy. So, most pregnant couples start shying away from the naughty bedroom stuff. And, this can be a huge disappointment to both the husband and the wife. But, there is no need to worry. Inside their little world, the babies are blissfully swimming, completely unaware of the outside shenanigans.
First and foremost, if your due date is around the corner, many many congratulations to you! Now that you know what your little one can sense and feel, you know what to do more of. Have a happy pregnancy!
Latest posts by shalmali (see all)
- 5 Psychological Studies Every Parent Should Know About - February 18, 2019
- 9 Seriously Helpful And Quick Ways To Heal From An Episiotomy Or Vaginal Tear - February 18, 2019
- 7 Things Not To Do After Giving Birth - February 15, 2019
- 9 Things You Should Have Ready During Your Third Trimester - February 15, 2019
- 9 Things To Do When You Start Having Labor Contractions - February 14, 2019
- Discussion Questions To Prepare Your Relationship For Baby - February 14, 2019
- 7 Things I Wish My Husband Knew Before Coming Into The Delivery Room - February 13, 2019
- Don't Help Your Kids With Their Homework - February 13, 2019
- 7 Things To Do In The Hospital After You Give Birth - February 12, 2019
- 7 Ways To End An Argument With Your Partner - February 12, 2019