As soon as you hear the “big” news, a wave of excitement and happiness sweeps over you. But, along with it, you might also feel a tinge of anticipation, especially when you think of labor and childbirth. Perhaps, that is why you may find a little bit of comfort after bringing your husband into confidence. But, there are times when your partner may miss out on a few things here and there. And, at times, what he misses out on can be extremely important to you. Here, we bring you some of these things that you wish your significant other knew about before entering into the hospital delivery room:
1. He May Get To See A New Side Of You
Your body goes through plenty of changes during pregnancy, be it emotionally, physically, or mentally. And, even more so during the labor. At this point, you just want your husband to be open about any requests that you throw at him. And, remember that your body is doing something pretty wonderful and incredible. It’s simple – you have the responsibility of bringing a tiny new human into the world, so you are kind of allowed to get emotional and weird about the entire thing. And, he should be all set to handle that entirely new emotional side of you.
2. Incorporate Your Birth Plan In The Overall Plan
You want your significant other to advocate for the birth plan that you decide. Both labor and childbirth can be pretty scary, so having a say in your birth plan might help you feel empowered and confident. All you want is for him to stand by your side and voice out his support for what you wish and desire during childbirth. And, if things don’t go as per the plan, you also want him to remind you about how your baby will always be your baby, irrespective of the delivery method.
3. You Need Some ‘Me’ Time
Yes, your husband is the most important person in your life and you absolutely love him. But, at times, you may feel like he is not able to understand you. Or, you are just too exhausted as labors can be long. Whatever may be the case, you might need some time just for yourself, even if it’s just to collect yourself and relax. Also, you don’t want him to be surprised if you call him quickly as you want him to be there when you need him.
4. Capture The Memories
You may have been keeping a photo album that captures the entire journey. But, during the labor, you will already have your hands full. This is the time when you want your husband to sweep in and take charge of this department. After all, you want these moments to be captured forever!
5. Be Careful About His Food And Beverage
During labor, the only thing that you might want to munch on is icy chips. So, it doesn’t matter that you asked him to keep energy bars or your favorite snack in the hospital delivery bag months ago. It may not be a safe choice for him to take it out when you are in labor unless you ask for it. And, even if he wishes to indulge in meals, it is better that he steps out too.
6. The Delivery Room Is Only Meant For The Important People
You may not be exactly yourself, so it doesn’t come as a surprise that you would want a little privacy at the moment. You are exhausted both emotionally and physically and you want your husband to know that. In fact, you can even sit down with him and chalk down the list of those who can come.
7. Everything Will Indeed Change
Your entire world will change once your little one arrives into the world. But, this change is going to be the most beautiful thing to ever happen to the both of you. And, you want your lovely partner to know that!
Can you think of any other thing that you would want your husband to know? Share with us in the comments section!
Latest posts by shalmali (see all)
- 5 Psychological Studies Every Parent Should Know About - February 18, 2019
- 9 Seriously Helpful And Quick Ways To Heal From An Episiotomy Or Vaginal Tear - February 18, 2019
- 7 Things Not To Do After Giving Birth - February 15, 2019
- 9 Things You Should Have Ready During Your Third Trimester - February 15, 2019
- 9 Things To Do When You Start Having Labor Contractions - February 14, 2019
- Discussion Questions To Prepare Your Relationship For Baby - February 14, 2019
- 7 Things I Wish My Husband Knew Before Coming Into The Delivery Room - February 13, 2019
- Don't Help Your Kids With Their Homework - February 13, 2019
- 7 Things To Do In The Hospital After You Give Birth - February 12, 2019
- 7 Ways To End An Argument With Your Partner - February 12, 2019