- Gifts for new moms in the hospital
- Pamper gifts for new moms
- Cool gifts for new moms
- Gift baskets for new moms
- Unique gifts for new moms
- Push gifts for new moms
- Thoughtful gifts for new moms
After nine months of pregnancy and a laborious delivery, if there is one person who needs all the pampering, then that is the new mom.
She had been through a lot of pain, and waiting ahead is the herculean task of taking care of the baby. Providing her with emotional and physical support is always welcome. But, there are also ways to make her happy. Therefore, whether you are going to see the baby in the hospital or attending a baby shower, do not buy gifts just for the newborn but also for the new mom.
Best Gifts For New Moms In Hospital
If you are going to the hospital to see the new mom and the baby, here’s what you can take for her:
- Healthy snacks: Hospital food may not be appetizing for the new mom. Get her some healthy snacks such as cheese, crackers, or grapes.
- Nursing pillow: There is nothing like a comforting pillow for the baby and mom. It helps the mom relax her back and provides soft cushion and a good support for the baby.
- Nursing scarf: This scarf serves more than one purpose, perfect for multi-tasking moms, who love style and privacy both. The scarf can be converted into a full length nursing wrap with a few snaps.
- Nursing pads: The leaking breasts may be discomforting. Nursing pads will absorb the leak. You can gift her either cloth or disposable ones. However, gift the pads only if you are really close to the mother.
- Baby monitor: After nine months of gestation and long hours of labor, all the mother needs is uninterrupted sleep. A baby monitor can help the mom keep a check on her baby while she gets her dose of sleep knowing her baby is safe.
- Diapers: If she hasn’t got enough of them from her baby shower, then gift her a family pack of diapers for the baby. Check on the diaper type she’s planning to use: cloth or disposable and gift her accordingly. This will save her a lot of time and effort!
Now, let’s take a look at how the mother can be given some “me” time, to ensure she can relax a bit.
Pamper Gifts For New Moms
It’s a tradition in some countries to pamper the new mom after childbirth. Irrespective of that, a new mom would love anything that would pamper her, indulge her, and help her relax. So, here goes a list of gifts that can pamper the new mommy.
[ Read: New Mom Survival Kit ]
- A spa day: A new mom has a lot of physical stress, including body pains. Every inch of her body aches and there is nothing like a massage to help her relax. Pamper her with a relaxing day at her favorite spa.
- A floaty top: Hiding that baby-fat post delivery can be quite a task. Gifting a comfortable and pretty floaty top can be perfect for breastfeeding and also pass off as a trendy outfit.
- Cotton pyjamas: Post delivery, a new mom is most likely to spend the first six months in her pyjamas as they are super comfortable. Gift her a soft cotton set of dark printed pyjamas that she can live in and also step out in.
- Bath and body works: Gift her a bath and body set – each with a sample of shea-scented cleansing oil and hand cream, anti-aging face cream, almond-scented shower, and skin oil, and cherry blossom hand cream. This would ensure that she goes all natural, and her skin is not dry.
- Massaging body oil: Post-delivery is a period of exhaustion, aches, and pain. Massaging oils relieve pain, soothe the body, and also lighten the stretch marks. Double benefit there!
- A smoothing scrub: During pregnancy the skin might lose its glow. A smoothing scrub with sweet, fruit flavors can help her regain glowing skin. Just ensure that the products are natural and chemical-free.
- Himalayan crystal bath salt: There is nothing like having a rejuvenating, detoxing, and relaxing bath at home with a spa-like-effect. The Himalayan salt contains minerals and electrical charge that cleanses the skin and charges the body. A newbie mom would love you for gifting this.
- Luxury herbal booties: Have you seen a new mom resting? Perhaps not! She hardly gets to rest as the baby needs her constant attention. But, guess what, herbal soft booties filled with flax seeds can help her relax a while.
- Necklace: Jewelry and women are best friends. She wouldn’t mind having more even when she has enough of them. A nice shining necklace with a gold or silver pendant can be a great addition to her collection.
- Night gown: A short floral printed nightgown is something she can sleep in comfortably and also breastfeed.
A new mom looks cool with the baby bump gone. Why not give her some cool gifts?
[ Read: Best Humidifiers For Babies ]
Cool Gifts For New Moms
A gift that you can personalize for the new mom and baby can be perfect and just up the ‘cool quotient’. Here’s what you can buy her:
- Mama-bear mug: A normal printed mug can be boring but a personalized mug with the mom’s and the baby’s picture or with some sweet text message can make a perfect gift.
- Family photo shoot: Schedule for a photo shoot with the baby before they turn older. The mother will definitely cherish these memories forever.
- Teething necklace: Technically teething necklaces are for babies, but a colorful geometric beaded teething necklace can be the style statement for a new mom.
- Twisted wide headband: The last thing a new mom cares about is her hair. Give her a wide headband so she can pull up her hair, manage it, and add a style quotient to her appearance.
- T-shirt: A plain t-shirt with printed text like ‘My New Name Is Mommy’ can be the coolest gift you can give her. You can personalize the text with your own witty mommy stuff.
After the comfort, style, and handy stuff, let’s look at some goodies, which can be gifted as a bunch.
Gift Baskets For New Moms
A basket of essentials is the most practical gift you can give a new mom.
- Baby essentials basket: It could contain a baby towel, washcloths, bibs, socks, mittens, baby soap, and shampoo.
- Spa-at-home basket: The basket includes a shower gel, bubble bath, body spray, body lotion, bath crystals, soap petals all handmade with care.
- Emergency basket: This is called so as it has all the items that are possibly used during an emergency – baby thermometer, medicine dispensers, baby suction bulb, baby pain medications, and a cute rubber duck to top the basket. While we pray the mother never has a need for this, it is always safe to carry this along, especially if the mother has to travel with the baby and needs any item.
- Handy basket: Nursing and postpartum pains can restrict the movements of a new mom. So a basket of essentials can come handy – you can include a lip balm, small body and hand lotion, stick-it-notes and a pen, nail clippers, and cotton swabs. This can come handy when the new mom is unable to get up either because she is nursing or the baby is sleeping.
- Food baskets: A basket full of nuts, energy bars, crackers, and easy-to-eat snack will make her have some healthy snacks. Just right for moms who are pressed for time to prepare meals.
Now, let’s take a peek at things that you can custom-make for her, making the gifts absolutely unique.
[ Read: Chicco Baby Products ]
Unique Gifts For New Moms
If you want to gift her beyond the regular diapers, bags, and gift cards, then we have something for you. Check them out!
- Baby hand and foot inkless print kit: Babies grow up fast, and capturing their tiny hand and foot prints can be the most cherished memory for new parents
- Keepsake box: Some gifts are for keepsake and they remind us of some sweet moments. If you want to give a sentimental gift, give a classic linen keepsake box.
- Mum and baby pamper hamper: Want to gift something for mommy and baby? Then gift this hamper. You can include a baby gift box with a personalized message. All the items in the box can be twined to create excitement until the last item is opened. For the baby you can have a fleece blanket, rattle, booties, and bibs. And for the mum you can have a small beauty treat with cosmetics, bath salts, and more.
- Baby tree: Buy one huge bottle of baby shampoo and baby lotion. Find a twig with many small branches. Tie the twig with the shampoo and lotion using a rubber band. You can decorate the branches by tying baby mittens, baby nail clippers, baby comb, baby brush, rattle, etc.
- Baby record book: Help the mother record all the sweet moments she has with the baby, like the baby’s first smile, first roll-over, and more. The book would help the new mom make a note of them along with the pictures.
It’s the time to reward the mother for doing a wonderful job of delivering the baby.
[ Read: Best Baby Bathtubs ]
Push Gifts For New Moms
Wondering what’s a push gift? It’s a gift you give the mom for having done the stressful job of pushing out the baby. And, yes, such a thing exists! Go ahead and indulge her with some push gifts:
- Cozy rocking chair: Whether the mother wants to breastfeed or simply sit and relax, a rocking chair is something that would give comfort to both the mom and baby. Buy her a rocking chair that is comfortable and cozy.
- Cold press juicer: A new mom needs nutrition. A juicer can come handy to make a quick glass of fresh juice. Make sure you gift a piece that is easy to clean and one that can ease her routine.
- Postpartum girdle: Save the new mom from postpartum depression by gifting her with a postpartum girdle/shape-wear. It can help her get back to shape and make her feel better without hurting her.
- Bathrobe: There are never enough bath robes for a new mom, with the baby wetting her clothes often.. Gift her a nice laced bathrobe, one that can be comfortable and stylish too.
- Soothe shirt: Baby wraps are not always comfortable for the mom and baby. These soothe shirts are easy to slip on, the baby is close to you and is comfortable, and it looks stylish too.
- Book on motherhood: There are plenty of books that help a mother learn more about parenting. You could choose a book that best suits her priorities.
- Yoga mat: If she hasn’t tried prenatal yoga, urge her to take up postpartum yoga by gifting a yoga mat.
- Pullover bra: Nursing bras can be cumbersome with the flaps and hooks. Gift her a pack of pullover bras that are easy to wear and comfortable while breastfeeding.
- Backpack diaper bag: The new mom doesn’t have to compromise on style for the sake of utility. This is a gift combined with style and purpose. Buy her a diaper bag that doubles as backpack and holds diapers, baby essentials, and mum’s personal care!
There is no dearth of gifting options, but some gifts show the mother how dedicated you were in selecting her a gift!
[ Read: Parenting Books For New Moms ]
Thoughtful Gifts for New Moms
Understand that childbirth is equal to rebirth. So, empathize with her by giving her some thoughtful gifts. Here are some ideas:
- Food coupons: Once the baby arrives, the new mom will be spending more time with the baby than in the kitchen. The postpartum pains and nursing can leave her exhausted. Gifting some food coupons can save her the time and effort of cooking. And food delivered right to her doorstep comes as a blessing. She will be more than happy that she doesn’t have to cook. But ensure the coupons you gift her would have healthy meal options, as she needs to load up on nutrients.
- Housekeeping service: After the new mom comes home with her baby, she would need truck loads of help at home to organize and set up things. You can offer to clean and organize things at her place or gift her a certificate for professional service. Either way, it will be a great help to the new mom. If you are gifting a professional cleaning service ensure you have good references for it.
- Goodies bag: A bag is something which will always serve more than one purpose. You can gift a nice cloth or jute bag that is eco-friendly, with a reusable water bottle and a lunch pack.
- Baby sling: Sling or wrap can encourage the mom to do light household chores while having the baby close to her.
- Herbal tea bags: Herbal tea helps the mom relax and also increase breast milk production (1).
- Woombie: The baby will love this! It is a wrap that keeps the baby warm, cozy, and comfortable giving the feeling of a womb.
- Toys: What do toys got to do with new moms? But, how can you not take anything for the baby? so grab some toys, such as a rattle, rubber ducks, squeaky toys, for the little one and don’t forget to take some for the older child too.
- Dispensing spoon: This one can wait until the baby starts solids. But, it comes handy and is useful all the time. It’s hassle and mess-free. Load the tube with baby food, squeeze it, and the food ends up in the spoon. When the baby is ready for more, give it another squeeze.
[ Read: Best Selling Baby Products ]
Of all the things, a new mom needs you to spend time with her, have a heart-to-heart talk with her, go for a walk with her, or just offer to babysit while she is napping. There is nothing like it!
Do you have any gifts ideas for new moms? Let us know in the comments section below.
Latest posts by Kalpana M (see all)
- 20 Fun Couple Games For Party And Private Times - July 17, 2018
- Depressed Spouse: What Causes Depression And How To Deal With It - July 12, 2018
- Social Security Benefits For A Divorced Spouse - June 27, 2018
- 27 Exciting Baby Shower Prizes For Guests - June 22, 2018
- Loyalty In A Relationship: Its Qualities And Ways To Strengthen It - June 14, 2018
- Cheating On A Spouse: Why Do They Do And How To Confront Your Partner - June 5, 2018
- 101 Romantic Birthday Wishes for Husband - June 4, 2018
- 24 Best 1st Birthday Invitation Wordings - May 31, 2018
- 101 Inspirational Family Quotes And Sayings - May 30, 2018
- Stress In Relationship: What Are Its Signs And How To Deal With It - May 29, 2018