Is your little bundle of joy three months old now? Are you looking for few simple yet effective 3 months baby care tips to help your little one be an active baby? If you said yes, you should consider reading our post.
A three-month-old baby cries lesser than a newborn, becomes more predictable, tends to exhibit routine sleeping patterns, and begins to enjoy the surroundings. As a mom, it will be a memorable stage for you, as you will observe her adorable expressions. With the increasing stages of development and activities, you need to take better care of her. So, for your benefit, we have compiled a useful list of 3 month old baby care tips to ensure the good health and safety of your little angel. Scroll down and find out what they are.
Most Useful 3 Months Baby Care Tips:
1. Continue Breastfeeding:
Breast milk is still the healthiest food for a three-month-old baby. It is a crucial part of 3 month baby care. Moreover, in the third month, babies tend to develop a feeding schedule. Avoid giving your baby juice, cow’s milk, or any solid food at this stage. If you are a working mother, pump your breast milk into a bottle with the help of a special breast pump and store it in a refrigerator. Breast milk can last for up to 48 hours in a refrigerator. Instruct your hired caregiver to feed your baby the milk using a bottle when you are away at work (1).
[ Read: 3 Month Old Baby Activities ]
2. Put Your Baby To Sleep:
A three-month-old baby tends to sleep for five to six hours continuously. So you can try to start to put your baby to sleep at night. Make sure you make she sleeps on her back and let her sleep by herself. This is how to take care of a 3 month old baby sleep. Even if three-month-old infants wake up and cry in the night, they tend to go to sleep again in some time (2).
3. Communicate With Your Baby:
In the third month, your baby is much more expressive than earlier and responds to the sounds and gestures. Make simple gestures to amuse your baby. Use sounds and songs to attract her attention. Since your baby tends to develop good grip, you can place safe and soft toys in her hands and let her discover them. Grabbing soft toys will please your baby and entertain her. You can play peek-a-boo games with her (3).
4. Encourage Developmental Changes:
In the third month, your baby will exhibit many developmental changes, like chewing, sucking, chomping, and drooling. Even though a three-month-old does have any teeth, they like putting something in their mouth, and this is when teethers can amuse your little angel. Also, your baby likes to go out and watch at the surroundings. So you can schedule some time to take your three-month-old out in the park every day (4).
5. Exercise Safety Precautions:
Your baby turns clever now and puts objects, which she comes across, straight into her mouth. So you need to be extra careful and work more for her safety. Scan the environment around her. Keep all medicines, pointed toys, and other stuff that may harm your baby away from her. Place the baby crib away from doors and windows. Disinfect room of your baby and keep it clean at all times. Make sure your infant’s car seat is in the back seat since it is the safest for her. Ensure your infant is well-secured in her car restraint when on the go (5).
[ Read: Tips For Making Home Safe For Baby ]
What safety tips did you follow in your 3 months old baby care? How did your little angel benefit from it? Share your baby care tips with other moms here. Leave a comment below.
- 8 Interesting Baby Toys For Your 3 Month Old Baby
- 3 Learning Activities For Your 4 Month Old Baby
- 13 Amazing Play Activities For Babies Aged 1 To 12 Months
Latest posts by Manjiri Kochrekar (see all)
- 32 Lovely Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas - June 28, 2017
- 10 Clear Signs That You Need Marriage Counselling - April 28, 2017
- 25 Wonderful Peacock Facts And Information For Kids - October 3, 2016
- 6 Most Popular Indian Mythological Stories For Kids - September 15, 2016
- 12 Health Benefits And 10 Facts About Oranges For Kids - June 16, 2016
- 16 Joyous Luau (Hawaiian) Party Ideas For Kids - May 31, 2016
- 35 Lesser-Known Facts About Great White Sharks For Kids - May 31, 2016
- 30 Unknown Sound Wave Facts And Information For Kids - May 31, 2016
- Can Kids Drink Kombucha? - Know Here! - May 27, 2016
- Tea Tree Oil For Kids - 15 Uses And 9 Safety Tips - May 18, 2016