Are you a first-time mom concerned about the health and safety of your two-month-old baby? Are you looking for effective ways to improve her health and overall development? If you nodded along, consider reading our post on 2 month baby care.
Two-month-old babies tend to be hungrier, more expressive and energetic than newborns. You need to recognize their expressions and take cues accordingly. Even though early parenting weeks can be a one-sided affair, you can establish eye contact with your baby and divert her attention to you with sounds and hand movements. We have a list of some beneficial 2 month old baby care tips to help you develop a good rapport with your two-month-old and ensure her good care and safety.
2 Month Baby Care Tips:
1. Fulfill Increased Feeding Requirements:
Your two-month-old baby may exhibit increasing signs of appetite and demand feedings often. Usually, infants cry when they are hungry. Try to identify their needs and feed them whenever you find them crying. If you have been breastfeeding and have been offering breast milk of only one breast, you may need to start offering both breasts to feed your infant. Your baby may also demand to feed even at night or midnight (1).
[ Read: Common Signs Of Baby Hunger Cues ]
2. Identify And Take Care Of Sleeping Times:
In the second month, infants tend to develop longer sleep periods. Watch sleeping patterns of your growing infant. Your baby can sleep anywhere between one to three hours during the day. Also, your two-month-old may exhibit tired signs at the end of their feeds or a half an hour after their feed. Total nine to twelve hours of sleep in 24 hours is normal for a two-month-old infant. So make sure your infant gets adequate sleep (2).
3. Attend To Your Baby When She Cries:
Two-month-old babies cry a lot, which can be distressing for you. Infants cry in the second month as the nervous system tends to mature, excitement due to stimulus, overtiredness, and for attention. So, whenever your baby crying, attend your baby and give her all you attention. Cuddle her, soothe her, or take her outside to calm her. This is how you can do for a two month baby care (3).
[ Read: Ways To Soothe A Crying Baby ]
4. Encourage Your Baby’s Development:
A two-month-old tends to develop better vision, grip and performs better hand and feet activities. Your baby tends to discover her hands and feet and keep them moving in the air. You can tie wrist rattles on your baby’s wrists and let them gaze at the color and sound of the rattle. Vision development occurs in the initial months of the birth, and you can encourage it with the help of colorful objects and soft toys (4).
5. Interact With Her:
In the second month, your baby responds to loud and sudden noises. Watch her coo and throw her hands around on hearing a loud noise. Talk with your dear little one. Speak simple words or rhyming words so that your baby will recognize them and respond to them (5).
6. Keep Your Baby Safe:
Never leave your baby on her change mat or the floor without any supervision. If you have pets at home, keep your baby away from them. Make sure your baby has soft toys, which don’t have any sharp edges. Scan the place around your baby to ensure there is no sharp and harmful object lying around (6).
7. Keep A Track Of Immunizations And Overall Health:
Make sure you get your little one vaccinated properly. Take your baby to the doctor for regular health check-ups. Also, maintain clean and tidy surroundings so that your baby won’t catch any infection. Your infant’s hygiene should be a priority (7).
How did you take care of your two-month-old infant? How did your baby benefit from it? Share your 2 months baby care tips with fellow moms here. Leave a comment below.
- 1 to 3 Months Baby Sleep – Everything You Need To Know
- What Causes Nightmares & Night Terrors In Babies And How To Cure Them?
- 8 Interesting Baby Toys For Your 3 Month Old Baby
Latest posts by Manjiri Kochrekar (see all)
- 32 Lovely Wedding Anniversary Gift Ideas - June 28, 2017
- 10 Clear Signs That You Need Marriage Counselling - April 28, 2017
- 25 Wonderful Peacock Facts And Information For Kids - October 3, 2016
- 12 Health Benefits And 10 Facts About Oranges For Kids - June 16, 2016
- 16 Joyous Luau (Hawaiian) Party Ideas For Kids - May 31, 2016
- 35 Lesser-Known Facts About Great White Sharks For Kids - May 31, 2016
- 30 Unknown Sound Wave Facts And Information For Kids - May 31, 2016
- Can Kids Drink Kombucha? - Know Here! - May 27, 2016
- Tea Tree Oil For Kids - 15 Uses And 9 Safety Tips - May 18, 2016
- Top 10 Hockey Facts, Rules, And Safety Tips For Kids - May 13, 2016