Schools in Delhi are affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE), or the Central Board for Secondary Education (CBSE) or the National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS). The Indian capital has a literacy rate of 86.3%. According to 2001 figures, Delhi has more than 2,400 primary, 715 middle and 1,570 secondary schools. If you are in search of a good institute for your child, do not dig into each of those schools. MomJunction has compiled a list of best schools in Delhi for you.
Top 29 Schools In Delhi:
1. Bal Bharati Public School:
Bal Bharati believes in providing opportunities for the growth and development of many facets of a child’s personality. In addition to academic excellence, the school helps each student in discovering their latent talents.
- Affiliated to the CBSE board.
- Instills patriotism and supports children to become responsible citizens.
- Recreational activities, hobbies and reading habits are promoted.
- The campus houses a resource center and a resource lab.
- A large library to support the students’ academics.
- An auditorium and hi-tech classrooms and basic amenities.
Parwana Road,Pitampura,Delhi – 110034
[ Read: Best Government Schools In Delhi ]
2. Sardar Patel Vidyalaya:
This school believes in nurturing the creativity and developing curiosity in students to help them reach greater heights of success.
- Follows the CBSE curriculum, and is a co-ed school.
- Conducts field trips and encourages students to think independently with workshops and labs.
- Both outdoor and indoor activities are promoted.
- The campus has computer labs, well-stocked libraries, a fine-art studio and tech-integrated classrooms.
- The school has a semi-Olympic-sized swimming pool, after-school sports and much more.
- There is a well-equipped infirmary and a full-time doctor.
Lodi Estate, New Delhi 1100 03
3. Carmel Convent School:
Carmel Convent School, New Delhi, started in the year 1957 and is run by the Congregation of Sisters of the Apostolic Carmel.
- Affiliated to the CBSE board, this school has classes from pre-primary to XII.
- The school aims engages students in activities that promote motor skills, writing abilities and overall growth.
- The House System promotes team spirit.
- It focuses on the physical, social, mental, and spiritual development of a child.
- Theme-based learning is followed in lower classes.
- The school has large airy classrooms and well maintained playgrounds.
- The campus also has an auditorium and separate labs for different subjects.
- The library is well stocked with books needed by both parents and students.
Malcha Marg, Chanakya Puri, New Delhi-021
4. Gyan Bharati School:
Gyan Bharati strives to inculcate values such as tolerance, compassion, integrity and honesty in its students.
- Follows CBSE curriculum. It is a co-ed school.
- Instills patriotism in students. Encourages them in community activities.
- Teaching is made fun and interactive with the help of audio-visual aids.
- The campus includes a playground, a basketball court, cricket ground and more.
- It has both science and IT labs.
Saket, New Delhi – 110017
5. The British School:
The not-for-profit school offers the National Curriculum of England i.e., the IGCSE and the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme. The school has around 1,000 students from over 55 countries. It has been rated as one of the top 10 schools in Delhi.
- Follows the CBSE curriculum.
- Encourages students to play as much as they learn. It has a vast playground.
- The school focuses on education, sports, music and other activities to give you an all-rounder.
- The school campus houses computer labs, well-stocked libraries, and a music department.
- This school has a medical room and a doctor is available during school hours.
- Students can visit the canteen during breaks to savor fresh and wholesome food.
- The large playground has facilities for various sports, and a swimming pool.
Dr. Jose P Rizal Marg, Chanakyapuri,
New Delhi, 110021
[ Read: Schools In Dwarka ]
6. Convent of Jesus & Mary:
The primary aim of this co-educational school is to help each child achieve success while also molding them spiritually.
- Affiliated to the CBSE board.
- Examinations are not conducted until class III.
- The school has classes from LKG to XII.
- This school has large campus, and a library with books on various subjects.
- There are separate labs for each subject and dedicated teachers to train students.
1 Bangla Sahib Marg, New Delhi-110 001
7. Don Bosco School, Alaknanda:
Established in 1980 by The Salesian Brothers Society of Delhi (Northern India), this boys-only school practices Don Bosco’s Preventive system of education based on three founding pillars — reason, religion, and kindness. It is affiliated to CBSE.
- The school library is well-stocked with e-reader devices and more than 18,000 books and journals.
- Fully equipped laboratories for practical exposure in areas of computers and science.
- The school has separate basketball, volleyball courts; playgrounds for football and cricket.
- It has separate dance and music rooms, and a fully equipped medical room.
Alaknanda Rd, Gangotri Enclave,
New Delhi, Delhi 110019
What started as a small nursery decades ago, now has three campuses in New Delhi, and one coming up in Jaipur.
- The school offers CBSE curriculum and has classes from nursery to XII.
- Extracurricular activities and sports are also given importance.
- Value education, community service and social work are part of the school’s curriculum.
- The school has labs for a physics, biology chemistry and languages.
- A fully-air conditioned audio-visual interactive room caters to broadening students’ knowledge.
- The school has a medical room with a full-time doctor and nurse.
Springdales School, Pusa Road – Upper Ridge Road Junction,
New Delhi 110 005
9. Bloom Public School:
Bloom Public School is a co-educational school established in 1987.
- The school follows CBSE curriculum and has classes from playgroup to XII.
- The curriculum is designed by leading academicians and subject matter experts keeping in mind that no two children are equal. The teaching process is interactive and fun.
- Extracurricular activities like music, theatre and dance are part of the curriculum.
- The sprawling campus has a computer lab with access to the Internet.
- It houses science laboratories where children get to work on projects independently.
- The school has a large playground with various sports facilities.
- It offers healthy mid-day meals to students.
C-8, Vasant Kunj, New Delhi – 110070
10. Hillwoods Academy:
Established in the year 1982, Hillwoods Academy aims to provide a modern and progressive environment for students to learn and thrive.
- Offering CBSE board curriculum, this school believes in high quality education steeped in Indian values.
- The school has classes from nursery to XII.
- Large, airy and ventilated classrooms, labs and libraries for primary and secondary classes.
- Laboratories where students learn concepts through experiments.
- A library with good collection of books.
G- Block,Preet Vihar, Delhi-110092
[ Read: Christian Schools In Delhi ]
11. Delhi Public School:
DPS is one of the most famous schools of Delhi, just like the other branches in various cities across India.
- Follows CBSE curriculum and has a co-ed system.
- Encourages students to follow their passion and be more creative; supports everything from theatre, films to fashion.
- It houses a library, labs and other amenities.
- The school also has a tuck shop, swimming pool and large playgrounds apart from an open-air auditorium and amphitheater.
Sector XII, R. K. Puram, New Delhi – 110022
12. St. Mark’s Girls Senior Secondary School:
Established in 1992, the school is managed by St. Mark’s Christian Educational Society.
- This school follows the CBSE system of education.
- Its well-tailored program engages all eight bits of intelligence of the child and empowers their specific interests.
- Students can join NCC and be a part of social service initiatives taken up by the school.
- Exhibitions, quizzes and competitions are part of growing up at St Marks.
- Spacious, well planned classrooms, indoor and outdoor sports areas, separate play areas for the junior wing, and studios for dance, music and art.
- The labs are equipped to handle the latest curriculum and the school also has a library that is stocked with informative books for all age groups.
Block A, Meera Bagh, Paschim Vihar,
New Delhi, Delhi 110087
13. Ahlcon International School:
Ahlcon International School has classes from kindergarten to XII. This coeducational school follows CBSE curriculum and has a green campus.
- The school has spacious classrooms, counseling rooms, auditorium, separate libraries for primary and secondary students, play areas, medical rooms, well-equipped laboratories, and a paper recycling unit.
- It offers career counseling, mid-day meals and has an informational and educational CD library.
- A special room is dedicated to fine arts such as sketching, painting and crafts and a performing arts room to practice music, theater and dance.
Mayur Vihar, Phase I,
Delhi – 110 091
14. Army Public School:
Army Public school was established in May 1953 for defense personnel’s children. The school instills courage, decency and self-confidence in every child. It has students from all around the country.
- The co-ed school follows CBSE board curriculum and promotes extra-curricular activities.
- Dance, art, theatre and music are part of the school’s activities.
- This school has a large playground where inter-school competitions are held.
- Libraries, labs and computer centers are well equipped.
- Multipurpose halls and conference hall for gatherings and presentations can hold a huge audience.
Dhaula Kuan, Ridge Road,
New Delhi – 110010
15. Kalka Public School:
Kalka Public School has state-of-the-art infrastructure coupled with modern technology and a pool of experience staff.
- The school follows CBSE curriculum through classes I to XII.
- The curriculum is well-planned and employs best practices in teaching for each child to perform up to his potential.
- The school follows a co-ed system and admissions are based on merit.
- Emphasis is laid on performing arts and literature.
- The classrooms are spacious, airy and well-lit, creating the right ambience for education.
- This school houses a sports field, cricket and basketball court.
- There are separate labs for all science subjects.
Ansal Avantika, Shastri Nagar,
Delhi – 201010
[ Read: CBSE Schools In Delhi ]
16. Chinmaya Vidyalaya:
The Chinmaya mission started way back in 1976 as a small nursery school. Today there are over 76 schools and colleges across the country.
- Follows the CBSE board curriculum.
- Encouragement to students in arts, music, dance and sports.
- Training is given to each student to help them understand the emerging technologies and also their impact on humans.
- There is an auditorium for cultural activities, and a playground.
- There are a book shop, library, and tailoring and kit shop.
- Airy classrooms and laboratories.
Chinmaya Vidyalaya Vasant Vihar,
New Delhi – 110057
17. Indraprastha International School:
Indraprastha Schools aim at multifaceted development of each student. Great emphasis is laid on the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual development of a child. It has been rated as one of the top 20 schools in Delhi.
- The school follows CBSE syllabus.
- It promotes creative writing, drama, music, sports and quiz competitions.
- This school has world-class facilities, including a huge library.
- It promotes indoor and outdoor activities and houses hi-tech and well-equipped laboratories.
Sector-10,Dwarka, New Delhi-110075
18. Loreto Convent School:
Loreto Convent School is a minority Christian school founded in 1964 for Catholics and children of defence personnel, but civilians are also given admission.
- The school follows CBSE board curriculum and promotes academics and extra-curricular activities.
- Community and social service are part of the school’s curriculum.
- Large and airy classrooms.
- Well-fitted laboratories that can handle international level curriculum.
- State-of-the art facilities with separate rooms for arts and fine arts.
Parade Road ,Delhi Cantt, New Delhi- 110010
19. Mother’s Global School:
The school aims to blend together age-old traditions with modern technologies to mold each student into a socially responsible and well-read adult.
- The school is affiliated to the CBSE board.
- It emphasizes on sports, arts and fine arts as well.
- Large airy classrooms, separate rooms for dance and art, amphitheatre and auditorium are a few of the many facilities at the school.
- The school has a large playground and promotes various sports activities like football, volleyball, and tennis.
Sr. wing at C-Block ,Preet Vihar,
Delhi (Nr. CBSE building)
20. Venkateshwar Global School:
Venkateshwar Global is a premier school with world-class amenities.
- The curriculum is well thought of and aims towards the wholesome development of students.
- Co-curricular activities such as dance, art and music go hand-in-hand with academics.
- The school has large and airy smart classrooms.
- Well-stocked libraries and labs are accessible to students throughout the day.
- Sports facilities are on par with other leading schools.
Sector-13, Rohini,,New Delhi-110085
21. Bal Bhavan Public School:
Bal Bhavan was founded in 1967. It focuses not just on academic excellence but on other facets of life.
- The school follows CBSE board curriculum and co-ed system.
- Dance, drama, music and art are an integral part of the school curriculum.
- The day school has a large outdoor sports area.
- A well-stocked library and modern labs.
Pocket-B, Mayur Vihar,
Phase – II, Delhi – 110091, India
22. New Era Public School:
The school was founded in 1960 with an aim to facilitate all-round development of students. It is an ISO 9001-2008 Certified Institution.
- The school follows CBSE syllabus.
- Co-curricular activities such as music and dance are encouraged.
- Sports activities and physical education are part of learning at the school.
- Both the campus and the classrooms are airy and well-equipped.
H-17, Mayapuri Road,
Mayapuri, Delhi – 110064
[ Read: Best ICSE Schools In Delhi ]
23. Hansraj Model School, Punjabi Bagh:
Established in the year 1984, Hansraj Model School is a coeducational day boarding school founded by the DAV College Trust and Management Society. It is affiliated to CBSE, and
offers classes from kindergarten to XII.
- The school campus is spread over 8 acres with 6000 students on roll.
- It has smart classrooms, libraries, and science, computer, language, and mathematics labs.
- The school has a robotics center, photography club, and a library.
- It has activity rooms, a multimedia center for extracurricular activities, and a swimming pool.
- Medical room, canteen, and locker facility are also available to the students.
Road No. 73, Punjabi Bagh,
New Delhi – 110026
24. ITL Public School:
ITL founded in 2001. The three basic values of this school are Integrity, Truth and Learning.
- The school follows CBSE curriculum and gives students all-round exposure.
- It is a co-ed school that accommodates 25 to 30 students per class.
- Extracurricular activities like yoga, dance, music, and sports are encouraged.
- Life skills are taught at the school.
- The school boasts of large, airy classrooms with facilities such as audio-visual aids.
- The sprawling campus houses a computer lab, a large library, a science lab and a playground.
- The school also has a large swimming pool and a sick bay that is accessible to students.
Sector – 9, Dwarka, New Delhi – 77, India
25. Arwachin Bharti Bhawan Sr. Sec. School:
This school was founded in 1979 with the motto to cater to the all-round development of children.
- This school follows CBSE board curriculum.
- It conducts a host of cultural programs to bring out the best in students.
- Sports and co-curricular activities are a vital part of the curriculum with Karate as its special attraction.
- Insured transportation facility to students.
- The school is well-equipped with a library, science laboratories, a playground and a computer lab.
- The school has a medical room that is under the supervision of a trained nurse.
C – Block, Vivek Vihar,
New Delhi – 110 095
26. Lovely Public Sr. Sec. School:
The school is managed by Lovely Bal Shiksha Parishad, a registered society.
- Follows CBSE board curriculum and has well-trained staff.
- The school houses well-equipped classrooms and labs.
- Well-stocked libraries.
- A large playground and a meditation lab.
Priyadarshini Vihar, Near Bank Enclave,
Laxmi Nagar, Delhi-110092
27. National Victor Public School:
The National Victor Public School is aims at creating an ambience that nurtures each student into an all-rounder with social and intellectual skills.
This school follows CBSE curriculum and admits students from KG to class XII
The student teacher ratio is 40:1.
- The school has interactive classrooms.
- Hi-tech laboratories and separate libraries for junior and high school.
- Large playgrounds for cricket and football.
- A large swimming pool and a toy-train for pre-primary students.
I.P Extension, Delhi – 110092
28. The Mother’s International School:
The Mother’s international School was founded in 1956 and follows a unique educational system.
- The co-ed school follows CBSE curriculum.
- It has classes from nursery to class XII.
- French is taught in higher classes. Students have an option to select Humanities.
- Co-curricular activities such as dance, yoga, karate, Taekwando, gymnastics and art are taught as part of the curriculum.
- Large airy rooms, hi-tech laboratories and libraries.
- The school campus houses a pharmacy, bookshop, an year-long uniform store.
Sri Aurobindo Marg,
New Delhi – 110016
29. The Frank Anthony Public School
The Frank Anthony Public School upholds the idea of a global classroom and global education, offering classes from nursery to class XII. The school was established in the year 1860.
- The school follows the ICSE curriculum (class X) and ISC (class XII) examinations.
- Two computer laboratories
- Three other laboratories for biology, physics, and chemistry
- A mathematics and geography laboratory
- A well-stocked senior and junior library
- A tailoring and kit shop selling school accessories like belts, ties, shoes, pullovers, etc.
- An authorized bookshop selling uniform textbooks and exercise books to the pupils.
- Interschool volleyball, basketball, cricket and football matches.
- Co-curricular activities like debate, drama, elocution, symposiums, art and craft, talent development, quiz et al.
The Frank Anthony Public School
New Delhi- 110024
Phone number: 011- 26435996
This is a comprehensive list of schools in Delhi that follows CBSE, ICSE and IGSCE syllabus. Each of these schools have experienced staff and teaching faculty and endeavor to provide quality education to their students. What is your pick?
- Top 15 Schools In South Delhi
- 25 Best Schools In India
- Top 15 Schools In East Delhi
- 25 Best Schools In Greater Noida