If you are looking for an engaging toy for a ten-month-old, we have made a list of the best toys and gifts for 10-month-old babies. When your baby is ten months old, they start to sit upright, make sounds, stand with your support, and put everything into their tiny mouths to satiate their curiosity. They start to learn about their surroundings. So, you need to encourage them to help them develop cognitively and enhance their motor skills. Our list includes various exciting toys and gifts that are educational and help your child learn age-appropriate skills while having fun. So, take a look at the available options to choose one that suits your child’s interests.
Our Top Picks
22 Best Toys For 10-Month-Old Babies
1. Best Toys For Hand-Eye Coordination: Melissa & Doug Pull-Back Vehicles
Develop your baby’s motor and sensory skills, hand-eye coordination, and color recognition with these pull-back vehicles. The toy set includes a school bus, family car, fire truck, and police car. Check out this video on this product and find out more about its features.
- Pull-back vehicles follow the rev-up mechanism
- Easy to wash and clean
- Wheels can be detached for cleaning
- Soft, lightweight toys
- Free of harmful chemicals
- Might be slightly big for babies
- Colors may not be as vibrant
2. Best Stackable Toy: Fat Brain Toys Kids Spin Again Toy
Fat Brain Toys Spin Again Kids Stacking Toy comes with six discs and a corkscrew pole to keep your baby busy. All your baby needs to do is sort the discs and stack them on the pole. It is a rather simple activity but with a lot of benefits. Here’s a video of a detailed review of the product to help you decide.
- Helps develop hand-eye coordination and teaches cause and effect
- Vivid textures of the discs and pole encourage tactile exploration
- Helps the baby identify colors
- Ergonomically designed for easy grasping
- Made of BPA-free ABS plastic that’s safe for babies
- Might require parental supervision
- Might not be as stable
3. Best Interactive Toy: Leap Frog Shapes & Sharing Picnic Basket
Make learning exciting with a pretend picnic basket. This interactive toy plays more than 150 phrases, sounds, melodies, and songs and is ideal for teaching shapes, colors, and more. If you want to know more about this product, here’s a video worth watching.
- 15 play pieces to help your baby sort and identify colors and shapes
- Picnic basket includes tablecloths, plates, forks, cups, and food
- Comes with a butterfly button that plays songs and phrases when activated
- Features three interactive play modes: Music Mode, Shapes & Colors, and Pretend Picnic
- Basket handle might not be sturdy
- May not be suitable for independent play
4. Best Educational Toy: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Chair
Are you looking for a toy that can grow with your child? Look no further. This fun-filled magic learning chair teaches your baby colors, letters, numbers, shapes, and counting.
- Plays fun songs and phrases when the baby sits and stands
- Content changes as your baby grows
- Remote control buttons and illustrated flip book introduce cause and effect
- Comes with more than 50 auto-tuned sing-along songs and phrases
- Cushion seat has space to surprise your baby with gifts
- Does not have automatic shutoff
- Might get scuffed with rough play
5. Best Bath-Time Toy: Munchkin Float and Play Bubbles Bath Toy
Does your lovely baby enjoy bath time? Why not increase the fun with spin and rattle toys? The Munchkin Float and Play Bubbles Toy improves your cute little one’s hand-eye coordination, hand movements, and grasping skills.
- Each bubble comes with a cute animal character
- Colorful textured rings around the bubbles move freely
- Bubbles float effortlessly in water
- Improves baby’s sense of touch, sight, and hearing
- Designed for easy grip
- All balls might not be equally interesting
- Plastic might be slightly hard to clean
6. Best BPA-Free Toy: Fat Brain Toys Dimpl Baby Toys & Gifts
Does your baby get attracted to bright colors and colorful toys? Bring home this attractive toy that helps improve your cute little one’s motor skills and stimulates their senses.
- Comes with five colorful food-grade silicone bubbles
- 100% food-grade and BPA-free plastic frame
- Teaches cause and effect and engages sense of touch
- Portable design lets you carry the toy anywhere
- Completely safety-tested and child-safe
- Might be better-suited to toddlers
- Requires both hands to handle silicone cups
7. Best Musical Toy: Fisher-Price Deluxe Kick & Play Piano
Make your baby’s playtime more exciting with this deluxe kick and play piano gym and maracas by Fisher-Price. The toy helps develop the baby’s muscle strength, sensory skills, and motor skills, and awakens their curiosity. It includes a five-key piano, self-see mirror, mat, arch, repositionable toys, and little rattle maracas.
- All parts are detachable
- Plays beautiful phrases and songs
- Introduces your baby to colors, shapes, numbers, and animals
- Mirror helps baby develop self-awareness
- Soft, thick, and machine-washable mat comes with loops for attaching toys
- Mat might be smaller than expected
- May not be easy to assemble
8. Best Hide-And-Seek Toy: Playskool Poppin Pals Pop-Up Activity Toy
The Playskool Poppin Pals Pop-up Activity Toy is a hide-and-seek toy. The animals pop up when the corresponding switches are activated. It is an ideal toy for introducing your baby to colors, shapes, and animals, and teaching cause-and-effect.
- Handle is easy to grab
- Animals hide when lids are closed and pop up when activated
- Lever, key, beeper, and switches are easy to use and baby-friendly
- Teaches how to identify different animals, shapes, and colors
- Animal illustrations might not be realistic
- Stickers might not stay on for long
9. Best Walker Toy: VTech Sit-To-Stand Learning Walker
Make your baby’s transition from sitting and crawling to standing and walking seamless with the VTech Sit-To-Stand Learning Walker. This walker comes with amazing features to keep your baby engaged for long. It boasts more than 70 fun phrases, sing-along songs, and sound effects to stimulate children’s imagination.
- Colorful walker comes with a removable activity panel
- Five-key piano plays musical notes and encourages creativity
- Set includes accessories that help develop motor skills
- Shape sorters introduce your baby to different shapes
- Comes with a pretend telephone set that encourages role play
- Tire might not have enough grip
- Phone might be easy to misplace
10. Best Block-Sorting Toy: Fisher-Price Rock-A-Stock And Baby’s First Blocks
Teach colors and shapes to your baby with the Fisher-Price Rock-A-Stock and Baby’s First Blocks. The toy set helps develop your baby’s hand-eye coordination, problem-solving skills, motor skills, and balancing and coordination skills.
- Includes ten colorful blocks for sorting and five colorful rings for stacking
- Helps develop hand-eye coordination and problem-solving skills
- Storage bucket comes with a handle
- Stacking rings from biggest to smallest helps introduce the concept of relative size
- Easy for babies to knock the lid over
Fisher-Price 4-in-1 Step ‘n Play Piano is a complete package that offers your baby unlimited fun and entertainment. The toy helps in developing your baby’s motor skills, hand-eye coordination, and muscle strength.
- Comes with 20 different toys and activities
- Removable soft mat allows your baby to lay and play
- Sliding seat helps the baby take their first steps
- Seat is 360-degree rotatable
- May be a bit loud
- Mat might be small
Bring home the Melissa and Doug Flip Fish Baby Toy. The toy comes with a range of textures and colors and squeaks and crinkles to keep your baby fully entertained and engaged.
- Encourages grasping and developing the baby’s finger strength
- Crinkly scales and hidden pictures promote tactile exploration
- Features child-friendly mirror for self-exploration
- Might be slightly bigger than expected
- Squeaker in the fins might be a bit startling
Make learning fun and exciting with Vtech Turn and Learn Driver. This toy encourages imaginative play and develops motor skills. While your baby pretends to drive, a cute tiny dog toy moves back and forth.
- Includes three play modes: animal, driving, and music
- Comes with more than 60 sing-along songs, music, and phrases
- Bright buttons introduce babies to various vehicles and animals
- Easy to clean with a damp cloth
- Steering might be a bit difficult to turn
- Might be a little noisy
Does your baby love music? How about a musical table? This learn and groove musical table encourages your baby to learn shapes, colors, numbers, letters, and much more.
- Loaded with 70+ songs and tunes
- Teaches sounds of different instruments
- Features two play modes: learning and music
- Helps kids groove to the sounds of a xylophone and guitar
- Might be too lightweight for rough play
- Can tip over due to child’s weight
Make your baby’s playtime more fun and exciting with this low maintenance climb and crawl playset. The activity playset develops your kids’ hand-eye coordination and gross motor skills.
- Includes five different foam shapes designed to climb, crawl, and slide
- Toys are safe to use, easy-to-clean, and lightweight
- Super-simple to stack, lift, and carry
- Foam shapes come with a non-slippery bottom
- Made of phthalate-free materials
- Might be bigger than expected
- Small modifications like adding Velcro might make it more durable
Why not bring home a 3-in-1 smart car for your hyperactive baby? It is an ideal toy for teaching shapes, letters, and more. And the toy grows with your baby.
- Dashboard allows your baby to honk, turn the wheel, turn the keys, and press buttons
- Easy-to-grab handle helps your tiny tot take their first steps
- Babies will enjoy pretending to steer the wheel
- Plays interactive songs and phrases
- Might be slightly challenging for babies
- May leave marks on hardwood floors
Fed up with the regular rhyme book? How about a musical rhymes book? This musical rhyme book by VTech is interactive and makes learning easy.
- Teaches about colors, instruments, and nursery rhymes
- Comes with in-built melodies, phrases, sounds, 40 different songs, and six interactive pages
- Features two different play modes: music mode and learning mode
- Easy-to-turn pages
- Volume might be a bit loud
The attractive and easy-to-grasp Sassy Developmental Bumpy Ball is a perfect toy for developing your baby’s motor skills and stimulating their tactile senses.
- Attractive colors and rattle sounds keep the baby engaged
- Bold patterns on the ball help your baby recognize different patterns
- Toy is designed for easy grasping
- Can keep kids up to 3 years old engaged
- Might be slightly large for babies
- May be a bit noisier than expected
Bring home this attractive, colorful, kid-friendly, and travel-friendly laptop. Your baby can now learn about animals, shapes, and colors by pressing the various buttons.
- Plays more than 115 phrases, melodies, and sounds
- Comes with special parent-friendly features like auto shut-off and volume control
- Unique movable mouse allows the baby to trigger lights and sounds
- Sizeable carrying handle makes it easy for kids to hold
- Might not be engaging enough for some
- May not be able to convey the concept of a laptop
Stimulate your baby’s curiosity with these hide-and-squeak eggs. Your kid needs to crack the eggs open to find the hidden chicks inside. This toy helps develop hand-eye coordination and sorting and motor skills.
- Includes six attractive eggs and a storage box
- Each egg comes in a different color
- Chicks make sweet chirping sounds when their heads are pressed gently
- Helps develop hand-eye coordination
- Eggs are easy to grip
- Top half of the egg might be slightly pointy
- Egg carton may be slightly tough to open
This turtle-shaped activity gym grabs your baby’s attention and keeps them busy. Your baby can sleep and play and sit and play in it.
- Comes with 40 colorful balls
- Features four hanging animal-shaped toys that sway, jingle, and rattle
- Pop-up side mesh keeps your baby safe while playing on the mat
- Ideal for developing baby’s motor skills and color- and object-recognition skills
- Bottom mat might shrink slightly in wash
- Top layer of mat might bunch up
This activity cube helps with your baby’s brain development and stimulates their senses. It is an ideal toy for teaching colors, shapes, and numbers and is perfect for building parent-child bonding. Do not worry about the quality of the cube. It comes with finely polished edges and is made using water-based non-toxic paints and safe materials.
- Wooden cube designed for convenient storage
- You can remove the bead-maze-top for easy transport.
- Every side of the cube comes with fun activity
- Shape sorter encourages your baby to learn different shapes and match them
- Spinning gear helps improve motor skills
- Clock teaches numbers and time
- Might be smaller than expected
- Wooden pieces may be slightly challenging to push through the spiral
9 Best Gifts For 10-Month-Old Babies
After carrying out extensive research, we have selected a few gifts that can surprise your baby. Have a look.
This Baby Banana toothbrush is an ideal gift for babies as they tend to put almost anything into their mouths. The toothbrush is soft, flexible, and chemical-free; and the banana peel handles prevent choking. The toothbrush also helps in massaging the teeth and gums. Moreover, the toothbrush develops good oral hygiene habits. The toothbrush is easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
- Can be put in the freezer to provide soothing numbing effect
- Can be used with or without toothpaste
- Eases transition into toddler toothbrush
- Available in many colors
- Might not be effective for plaque removal
- Bristles might begin to fray over time
Surprise your baby girl with this soft, bright-colored dress and matching sandals. The machine-washable dress set includes a soft, gentle frock with lovely prints and a cardigan with a tiny pocket. The sandals provide an excellent grip for your baby while walking. The frock can be worn in all seasons and you get the option to choose from 17 different prints.
- Imported quality
- Extremely comfortable
- Available in several sizes
- Machine washable
- Might not be suitable for running around
- Shoes may not be a perfect fit for some
Gift your baby the Baby Delight Go with Me Chair that can be carried around anywhere. The portable chair comes with a removable five-point safety harness, sun canopy, and food tray. Whether it’s a trip to the beach or a camping expedition, this chair will keep your little one safe, secure, and supported all the time.
- Folds into a compact size
- Easy to travel with
- Features protective leg enclosure with net
- Strong and stable flared leg system
- Removable tray might be high for some
- Sun shield may not be easy to adjust
Gift your tiny little one the Sassy Tummy Floor Mirror. The mirror encourages self exploration and improves the baby’s focus. The mirror features a butterfly toy and a ladybug with tracker ball and textured leaves to help develop the baby’s visual skills and stimulate the baby’s tactile senses.
- Comes with two-color spinning ball
- Soft frame
- Stimulates the baby’s tactile senses
- Easel back supports mirror against the floor
- Reflection may be a little warped
Babies enjoy swinging. How about gidting them a safe and secure giraffe-themed swing? The eco-friendly Ecotribe Wooden Giraffe Toddler Swing is made of varnished solid birch wood with finely finished edges. The opes are made from durable cotton for a tight fit. The swing can be used both indoors and outdoors. The swing is capable of holding babies weighing up to 44lb (20kg).
- Suitable for children from three to six years
- Features wear-resistant cotton ropes
- Easy to install
- Lab-tested for US compliance and safety
- Assembly directions might not be clear
- Ropes might begin to fray slightly over time
Fancy giving your baby girl a perfect gift that suits every occasion? Grab the Baby Girl Nylon Headbands that come in attractive shades. Each pack includes no less than five headbands to complement your baby’s different outfits. The headbands come with excellent elasticity and are extremely soft and lightweight.
- Do not leave any marks
- Suitable for newborns and toddlers
- Great for all occasions
- Does not feel too big or tight
- Might snag slightly over time
- Lighter colors might look faded after multiple washes
This playmat is one of the best toys that you could gift your baby during their tummy time. The bright colors provide visual stimulation, and the various aqua animals keep the baby engaged for hours. It also develops their gross motor skills and facilitates good parent-child bonding.
- Improves hand-eye coordination
- High-frequency heat-sealed
- Consists of all colors needed for visual training in babies
- Lightweight and portable design
- Water valve might be slightly difficult to thread
- Instructions may not be clear enough
This inflatable baby bathtub is all that you need to make your baby’s bath time fun? The textured and cushioned bottom makes it safe and comfy for your baby. Moreover, the bathtub is easy to use and can be compactly folded for storage.
Baby Banana toothbrush is designed to help infants and toddlers learn how to maintain oral hygiene. The silicone bristles are soft and gentle on sore, sensitive gums and teeth and help relieve pain during teething. This toothbrush is easy to hold and made of food-grade silicone for safety and durability. It is recommended for children between three and 12 months.
- Free of BPA and phthalates
- Bendable body
- Can be put in the freezer
- Available in several fun and cute designs
- Banana head might be long for some
- May attract dust
How To Pick Toys and Gifts For 10-Month-Old Babies
Here, we provide a few essential points that you may consider before buying a toy for a 10-month-old baby.
- Skill development: You may buy a toy that helps develop motor skills, cognitive skills, hand-eye coordination, listening skills, and problem-solving skills of the child.
- Interactive: Interactive toys never bore your baby. They encourage interaction and can be used for teaching numbers, letters, colors, and shapes.
- Age and growth: The toy that you buy must match your baby’s age. Look for toys that grow as your baby grows. It means your baby can enjoy or still play with them even when they get older.
- Safety: Choose toys that are made of chemical-free materials as babies tend to put toys into their mouths.
- Durability: A 10-month-old baby has tiny hands and is still learning how to grab things. There might be chances of toys hitting the floor and breaking. Hence, choose toys that are made using high-quality materials and are long-lasting.
- Color: Kids are attracted by colorful toys. If your kid doesn’t like a particular toy, it could mean that the color of the toy is dull.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose is a seasoned content creator and product reviewer who is passionate about reviewing kids’ products and toys. She has come up with this list of the best toys and gifts for ten-month-old babies to make it easy for parents to pick safe and useful products. She has compiled this list after going through various reliable sources and has also added a buying guide to help you make the right decision.
At 10 months, your little one is learning more about themselves and their world. The right toys will help enhance this process while teaching them useful cognitive and motor skills. From stacking toys to smart chairs, and bath toys to learning walkers, there are several options to choose from. However, when choosing the best toys and gifts for 10-month-old babies, ensure they help with skill development, are interactive, and, most importantly, are made from chemical-free materials. This will help you rest assured that even if the child puts the toy in their mouth, they are safe.
- Best Toys For 4-Month-Olds
- Best Toys For 6-Month-Old Babies
- Best Toys For Your 8-Month-Old Baby
- Best Toys For 7-Month-Old Babies