If you are looking for an engaging toy for a ten-month-old, we have made a list of the best toys and gifts for 10-month-old babies. Babies at ten months start to sit upright, make sounds, stand with your support, and put everything in their mouths to satiate their curiosity. They also start to learn about their surroundings. So, you need developmental toys and fine motor toys that can help stimulate their senses and develop their skills. Our list includes various exciting toys and gifts. Keep scrolling and take your pick from this handpicked collection of baby toys.
31 Best Toys And Gifts For 10-Month-Old Babies In 2023
1. Best Toys For Hand-Eye Coordination: Melissa & Doug Pull-Back Vehicles
Develop your baby’s motor and sensory skills, hand-eye coordination, and color recognition with these pull-back vehicles. The toy set includes a school bus, family car, fire truck, and police car. Check out this product testing video and find out more about its features.
- Pull-back vehicles follow the rev-up mechanism
- Easy to wash and clean
- Wheels can be detached for cleaning
- Soft, lightweight toys
- Free of harmful chemicals
- Might be slightly big for babies
- Colors may not be as vibrant
2. Best Stackable Toy: Fat Brain Toys Kids Spin Again Toy
Fat Brain Toys Spin Again Kids Stacking Toy comes with six discs and a corkscrew pole to keep your baby busy. All your baby Einstein needs to do is sort the discs and stack them on the pole. It is a rather simple activity but with a lot of benefits that can help your baby reach their 10-month-old milestones on time. Here’s a product testing video with a detailed review of the toy to help you decide.
- Helps develop hand-eye coordination and teaches cause and effect
- Vivid textures of the discs and pole encourage tactile exploration
- Helps the baby identify colors
- Ergonomically designed for easy grasping
- Made of BPA-free ABS plastic that’s safe for babies
- Might require parental supervision
- Might not be as stable
3. Best Interactive Toy: Leap Frog Shapes & Sharing Picnic Basket
Make learning easy and exciting with this LeapFrog pretend picnic basket. This interactive and open-ended toy set includes multiple toy foods and plays more than 150 phrases, sounds, melodies, and songs, making it ideal for teaching about shapes, colors, and more. If you want to know more about this product, here’s a review video worth watching.
- 15 play pieces to help your baby sort and identify colors and shapes
- Picnic basket includes tablecloths, plates, forks, cups, and food
- Comes with a butterfly button that plays songs and phrases when activated
- Features three interactive play modes: Music Mode, Shapes & Colors, and Pretend Picnic
- Basket handle might not be sturdy
- May not be suitable for independent play
4. Best Educational Toy: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn Smart Stages Chair
Are you looking for a toy that can grow with your child? Look no further. This fun-filled magic learning chair teaches your baby colors, letters, numbers, shapes, and counting.
- Plays fun songs and phrases when the baby sits and stands
- Content changes as your baby grows
- Remote control buttons and illustrated flip book for infant introduce cause and effect
- Comes with more than 50 auto-tuned sing-along songs and phrases
- Cushion seat has space to surprise your baby with gifts
- Does not have automatic shutoff
- Might get scuffed with rough play
5. Best Easy-To-Clean: Munchkin Miracle 360 Wildlove Trainer Cup
The Munchkin Miracle 360˚ wildlove cup is suitable for introducing your little one to independent drinking. Featuring critically important and well-loved species, this cup is 100% recycled and recyclable. The 360-degree edge allows drinking from any side of the cup – your child can tilt the cup and suck the valve’s edge. The cup automatically seals when the child stops drinking to eliminate spills. It’s easy to clean with no extra valves or parts.
- Available in multiple colors and designs
- Easy to hold and drink
- Designed to help your child transition from bottle to cup
- BPA-free and dishwasher-safe
- May not be break-resistant
- May have a peculiar smell
6. Best BPA-Free Toy: Fat Brain Toys Dimpl Baby Toys & Gifts
Does your baby get attracted to bright colors and colorful toys? Bring home this attractive toy that helps improve your cute little one’s motor skills and stimulates their senses.
- Comes with five colorful food-grade silicone bubbles
- Food-grade and BPA-free plastic frame
- Helps with cause and effect exploration and engages sense of touch
- Portable design lets you carry the toy anywhere
- Completely safety-tested and child-safe
- Might be better-suited to toddlers
- Requires both hands to handle silicone cups
7. Best Musical Toy: Fisher-Price Deluxe Kick & Play Piano
Make your baby’s playtime exciting with this deluxe kick and play piano gym and maracas by Fisher-Price. The toy helps develop muscle strength, sensory skills, motor skills, and awakens your baby’s curiosity. It includes a five-key piano, self-see mirror, mat, arch, repositionable toys, and little rattle maracas.
- All parts are detachable
- Plays beautiful phrases and songs
- Introduces your baby to colors, shapes, numbers, and animals
- Mirror helps baby develop self-awareness
- Soft, thick, and machine-washable mat comes with loops for attaching toys
- Mat might be smaller than expected
- May not be easy to assemble
8. Best Pop-Up Game: Playskool Play Favorites Busy Poppin’ Pals
The Playskool Play Favorites Busy Poppin’ Pals is a pop-up activity toy that encourages your child to explore different shapes, animals, and cause-and-effect play. As your child presses down on the different characters of this cause-and-effect toy, they are rewarded with colorful critters that pop up. This fun and engaging toy is suitable for ages nine months and up.
- Helps with eye-hand coordination
- Reinforces colors and shapes
- Promotes fine motor skills development
- Durable and well-made
- Can get stuck
- Might be a bit noisy
9. Best Walker Toy: VTech Sit-To-Stand Learning Walker
Make your baby’s transition from sitting and crawling to standing and walking seamless with the VTech Sit-To-Stand Learning Walker. This baby walker comes with amazing features to keep your baby engaged for long. It boasts more than 70 fun phrases, sing-along songs, and sound effects to stimulate children’s imagination.
- Colorful baby walker comes with a removable activity panel
- Five-key piano plays musical notes and encourages creativity
- Set includes accessories that help develop motor skills
- Shape sorters introduce your baby to different shapes
- Comes with a pretend telephone set that encourages role play
- Tire might not have enough grip
- Phone might be easy to misplace
10. Best Block-Sorting Toy: Fisher-Price Rock-A-Stock And Baby’s First Blocks
Teach colors and shapes to your baby with the Fisher-Price Rock-A-Stock and Baby’s First Blocks. The toy set helps develop your baby’s problem-solving skills, motor skills, and balancing and coordination skills.
- Includes ten colorful blocks for sorting and five colorful rings for stacking
- Helps develop hand-eye coordination and problem-solving skills
- Storage bucket comes with a handle
- Stacking rings from biggest to smallest helps introduce the concept of relative size
- Easy for babies to knock the lid over
11. Best Bouncing: Fisher-Price Interactive Baby And Toddler Learning Toy
The Fisher-Price Interactive Baby and Toddler Learning Toy can be a great way to introduce music, colors, counting, and opposites to your little one. With three Smart Stages learning levels, this toy will grow with your child. The spring bottom provides motorized bouncing action as babies play, encouraging them to dance along. The 75+ songs, sounds, and phrases are sure to keep your child entertained, while the multi-colored lights add extra fun. You can even record and play back your voice with fun effects.
- Helps your child learn and improve their motor skills
- Durable and withstands rough play
- Easy to use
- Safe and non-toxic
- May be louder than expected
- Some may find it slightly small
12. Best Entertained: Melissa & Doug Flip Fish Baby Toy
Bring home the Melissa and Doug Flip Fish Baby Toy. The exploratory toy comes with a range of textures and colors and squeaks and crinkles to keep your baby fully entertained and engaged.
- Encourages grasping and developing the baby’s finger strength
- Crinkly scales and hidden pictures promote tactile exploration
- Features child-friendly mirror for self-exploration
- Might be slightly bigger than expected
- Squeaker in the fins might be a bit startling
13. Most Adorable: VTech Turn And Learn Driver
Make learning fun and exciting with Vtech Turn and Learn Driver. This trusted toy encourages imaginative play and develops motor skills. While your baby pretends to drive, a cute tiny dog toy moves back and forth, making it a fun and ideal toy for a 10-month-old infant.
- Includes three play modes: animal, driving, and music
- Comes with more than 60 sing-along songs, music, and phrases
- Bright buttons introduce babies to various vehicles and animals
- Easy to clean with a damp cloth
- Steering might be a bit difficult to turn
- Might be a little noisy
14. Best Playtime: Leap Frog Learn And Groove Musical Table
Does your baby love music? How about a musical table? This learn and groove musical table encourages your baby to learn shapes, colors, numbers, letters, and much more.
- Loaded with 70+ songs and tunes
- Teaches sounds of different instruments
- Features two play modes: learning and music
- Helps kids groove to the sounds of a xylophone and guitar
- Might be too lightweight for rough play
- Can tip over due to child’s weight
"My little one seems to have a special affection for this toy. She loves its page-turning, key-pressing, and spinning functions. The sounds are engaging, and its lightweight nature makes it handy. Non-slip feet would make this beloved toy even better."
15. Best For Hand-Eye Coordination: ECR4 Kids SoftZone Climb And Crawl Activity Play Set
Make your baby’s playtime more fun and exciting with this low maintenance climb and crawl playset. The activity playset develops your kids’ hand-eye coordination and gross motor skills.
- Includes five different foam shapes designed to climb, crawl, and slide
- Toys are safe to use, easy-to-clean, and lightweight
- Super-simple to stack, lift, and carry
- Foam shapes come with a non-slippery bottom
- Made of phthalate-free materials
- Might be bigger than expected
- Small modifications like adding Velcro might make it more durable
16. Best Versatile: Fisher-Price Laugh & Learn 3-In-1 Smart Car
Why not bring home a three-in-one smart car for your hyperactive baby? It is an ideal toy for teaching shapes, letters, and more. And this ride-on toy grows with your baby.
- Dashboard allows your baby to honk, turn the wheel, turn the keys, and press buttons
- Easy-to-grab handle helps your tiny tot take their first steps
- Babies will enjoy pretending to steer the wheel
- Plays interactive songs and phrases
- Might be slightly challenging for babies
- May leave marks on hardwood floors
17. Best Interactive: VTech Musical Rhyme Book
Fed up with the regular educational toys and rhyme books? How about a musical rhymes book? This musical rhyme book for infants by VTech is interactive, making it a suitable toy for language development.
- Teaches about colors, instruments, and nursery rhymes
- Comes with in-built melodies, phrases, sounds, 40 different songs, and six interactive pages
- Features two different play modes: music mode and learning mode
- Easy-to-turn pages
- Volume might be a bit loud
18. Best Educational: KidPal Learning Tablet
The KidPal Learning Tablet is suitable for children starting to learn colors, numbers, and letters. With clear human voice prompts and vivid images, this tablet helps them interact and learn while they play. The smooth edges and surface are safe for your baby to handle, and the bright colors can keep their attention. This toy can promote language skills and musical awareness and will quickly become your child’s favorite gift in celebration of the 10-month milestone.
- Fun and interactive
- Children can learn at their own pace with this tablet
- Keeps children entertained and engaged
- Helps develop hand-eye coordination
- May need adult supervision to help set it up and get started
- May keep children glued to the screen for too long
19. Best Attractive: VTech Brilliant Baby Laptop
Bring home this attractive, colorful, kid-friendly, and travel-friendly laptop. Your baby can now learn about animals, shapes, and colors by pressing the various buttons.
- Plays more than 115 phrases, melodies, and sounds
- Comes with special parent-friendly features like auto shut-off and volume control
- Unique movable mouse allows the baby to trigger lights and sounds
- Sizeable carrying handle makes it easy for kids to hold
- Might not be engaging enough for some
- May not be able to convey the concept of a laptop
20. Best Curiosity: Tomy Toomies Hide & Squeak Eggs
Awaken the curiosity of your baby with these hide-and-squeak eggs. Your kid needs to crack the eggs open to find the hidden chicks inside. This toy helps develop hand-eye coordination and sorting and motor skills.
- Includes six attractive eggs and a storage box
- Each egg comes in a different color
- Chicks make sweet chirping sounds when their heads are pressed down gently
- Helps develop hand-eye coordination
- Eggs are easy to grip
- Top half of the egg might be slightly pointy
- Egg carton may be slightly tough to open
21. Best Play Experience: Infantino Deluxe Twist And Fold Activity Gym
Infantino’s activity gym helps the baby grow from an infant to an active toddler. It engages the head and neck muscles and builds motor skills from an early age. The gym includes different toys: peek-a-boo mirror, tummy time bolster, soft play mat, and musical monkey to provide four kinds of play. Easy to assemble with a twist-and-fold mechanism, the play mat is made of cotton polyester padding and can be used to track your 10-month-old’s development milestones. The textured toy has vibrant colors and makes crinkling sounds for a fun and exciting playtime. It makes a suitable gift for your child when they reach the 10-month mark.
- Includes repositionable toys to improve sensory development
- Easy to clean
- Suitable for small spaces
- Easy to carry and store while traveling
- Doesn’t include clear instructions
- Some may find the mat thin
22. Best Portable: Top Bright Activity Cube
This activity cube helps with your baby’s brain development and stimulates their senses. The wooden block is an ideal toy for teaching colors, shapes, and numbers and is perfect for building parent-child bonding. Do not worry about the quality of the cube block. The cognitive toy set comes with finely polished edges and is made using water-based non-toxic paints and safe materials. Its colorful beads will catch the baby’s attention and help develop color recognition ability.
- Wooden block designed for convenient storage
- You can remove the bead-maze-top for easy transport.
- Every side of the cube comes with fun activity
- Shape sorter for encouraging babies to learn different shapes
- Spinning gear helps improve motor skills
- Clock teaches numbers and time
- Might be smaller than expected
- Wooden pieces may be slightly challenging to push through the spiral
9 Best Gifts For 10-Month-Old Babies
After carrying out extensive research, we have selected a few gifts that can surprise your baby. Have a look.
1. Best Flexible: Baby Banana – Yellow Banana Toothbrush
This Baby Banana toothbrush is an ideal baby gift, as children tend to put everything in their mouths. The toothbrush is soft, flexible, and chemical-free; and the banana peel handles prevent choking. The toothbrush also helps in massaging teeth and gums. Moreover, it develops good oral hygiene habits. The toothbrush is easy to clean and dishwasher safe.
- Can be put in the freezer to provide soothing numbing effect
- Can be used with or without toothpaste
- Eases transition into toddler toothbrush
- Available in many colors
- Might not be effective for plaque removal
- Bristles might begin to fray over time
2. Best Soft: Hudson Baby Girl Dress, Cardigan, And Sandals
Surprise your baby girl with this soft, bright-colored dress and matching sandals. The machine-washable dress set includes a soft, gentle frock with lovely prints and a cardigan with a tiny pocket. The sandals provide an excellent grip for your baby while walking. The frock can be worn in all seasons and you get the option to choose from 17 different prints.
- Imported quality
- Extremely comfortable
- Available in several sizes
- Machine washable
- Might not be suitable for running around
- Shoes may not be a perfect fit for some
3. Best Secure: Baby Delight Go With Me Chair
Gift your baby the Baby Delight Go with Me Chair that can be carried around anywhere. The portable chair comes with a removable five-point safety harness, sun canopy, and food tray. Whether it’s a trip to the beach or a camping expedition, this chair will keep your little one safe, secure, and supported all the time.
- Folds into a compact size
- Easy to travel with
- Features protective leg enclosure with net
- Strong and stable flared leg system
- Removable tray might be high for some
- Sun shield may not be easy to adjust
4. Best Self-Exploration: Sassy Tummy Time Floor Mirror
Gift your tiny little one the Sassy Tummy Floor Mirror. The mirror encourages self exploration and improves the baby’s focus. The mirror features a butterfly toy and a ladybug with tracker ball and textured leaves to help develop the baby’s visual skills and stimulate the baby’s tactile senses.
- Comes with two-color spinning ball
- Soft frame
- Stimulates the baby’s tactile senses
- Easel back supports mirror against the floor
- Reflection may be a little warped
5. Best Engaging: Move2Play Talking Sports Baby Ball
Talking baby balls are interesting toys for babies and can be used to help your child with counting and learning animal sounds. It is tested and verified for safety, and the ball’s plush material makes it easy to hold and play with. The colorful ball has thirty sayings and sound effects to help children in speech recognition and develop fine motor skills. This talking toy is free of chemicals and BPA and reduces screen time. It is a suitable gift for a 10-month-old baby.
- Intelligent sensors can recognize different actions
- Easy to maintain
- Made of recycled materials
- Includes batteries and volume-control settings
- Shape of the ball may get distorted eventually
- May roll slowly after using it for a few days
6. Best User-Friendly: Best Learning Cube
The Learning Cube helps children learn the alphabet, numbers, colors, and animals engagingly and excitingly. It improves logical thinking and motor skills. The large, colored buttons make it easy to use and understand. This cube features different LED lights to lift the child’s mood and build up curiosity. It also includes musical instrument sounds with good rhythm. This cube is a suitable educational toy for children up to three years.
- Features a high-quality speaker and volume control
- Made of non-toxic and safe material
- Includes batteries
- May not be drop-resistant
- Battery may drain out quickly
7. Best Tactile Development: iPlay, iLearn Rattles Toy Set
The rattle toy set contains ten brightly colored rattles that you can use as a grab-and-shake rattle and an early-learning music toy. The different textures of the teething toy help in tactile development and improve eye-tracking skills. Including different actions like press and squeak and some twists, the sounds of the toys keep the children active and develop fine motor skills and hearing abilities. If your child loves to play with common household objects, this set offers a suitable substitute to keep them engaged.
- Helps in improving hearing and visual development
- Can be used in multiple ways as stroller toys and sensory teethers
- Comes with a jar to ensure safety and hygiene
- Easy to clean
- May cause a choking hazard
- May be smaller than expected
8. Best Squeezable: iPlay, iLearn Plush Baby Toys
The plush baby toys can be squeezed for fun sounds and creative learning. This soft house bag is home to four little plush animals which can make your child smile. They can improve the sensory and hearing capacity of your child at an early age. These toys are easy to clean, and the plush bag can be hung on a stroller to keep the child entertained. These plush toys are fun for babies and are suitable for children up to six years and can be a suitable gift for baby showers and birthdays.
- Made of soft cotton material
- Easy to carry
- Durable and long-lasting
- May have a chemical odor
- Colors may fade away
9. Best Non-Toxic: Leapfrog My Pal Scout
Leapfrog’s My Pal Scout is designed with numerous learning activities and compatible with smartphones, computers, and tablets. The scout can be configured to repeat the baby’s name. You can use this toy to teach colors, words, counting, and emotions, ensuring a healthy learning experience for children. Leapfrog’s scout toy is made of non-toxic plush material and suitable for children up to three years old.
- Includes melodies and lullabies
- Suitable for daytime fun for babies and nighttime soothing
- Has a lullaby timer
- Easy to personalize
- Includes only demo batteries
- May be smaller than expected
How To Choose The Right Toys And Gifts For 10-Month-Old Babies?
Here, we provide a few essential points that you may consider before buying a toy for a 10-month-old baby.
- Skill development: You may opt for toys for cognitive development or toys for motor development to improve the child’s coordination and problem-solving skills.
- Interactive: Interactive toys can never bore your baby. These toys for social-emotional development encourage interaction and can be used for teaching numbers, letters, colors, and shapes.
- Age and growth: The toy that you buy must match your baby’s age. Look for durable toys that grow with your baby. It means your baby can enjoy or still play with them even when they get older.
- Safety: Choose child-safe toys that are made of chemical-free materials as babies tend to put toys into their mouths.
- Durability: A 10-month-old baby has tiny hands and is still learning how to grab things. There might be chances of toys hitting the floor and breaking. Hence, choose toys that are made using high-quality materials and are long-lasting.
- Color:Kids are attracted to colorful toys. If your kid doesn’t like a particular toy, it could mean that the color of the toy is dull.
Heather Welch, a play advocate, educator, mother of two, and an expert in children’s products and toys, says, “At ten months, babies reach important milestones and learn to sit by themselves and crawl. They also love to explore with their hands and mouth. Ensure the toy is age-appropriate and allows the child to play and improve their balance and motor skills. Toys that stimulate the senses are great options too.“
Why Trust MomJunction?
Vibha Navarathna is a seasoned content creator and product reviewer who is passionate about reviewing baby and toddler products and toys. She has come up with this list of the best toys and gifts for ten-month-old babies to make it easy for parents to pick safe and useful products. She has compiled this list after going through various reliable sources and has also added a buying guide to help you make the right decision.
At ten months, your little one learns more about themselves and their world. The right toys will help enhance this process while teaching them useful cognitive and motor skills. From stacking toys to smart chairs and bath toys to learning walkers, there are several options to choose from. Our top choices include the VTech Sit-To-Stand Learning Walker, which offers multiple developmental activities, and the Fisher-Price Rock-A-Stock And Baby’s First Blocks, ideal for enhancing dexterity and hand-eye coordination. From the gifts section, consider the teething-friendly iPlay, iLearn Rattles Toy Set, which can be used on strollers. However, when choosing the best toys and gifts for 10-month-old babies, ensure they help with skill development, are interactive, and are made from chemical-free materials. So, even if the child puts the toy in their mouth, they are safe.
Infographic: Things To Consider Before Buying Gifts For 10-Month-Old Babies
When selecting a gift for a 10-month-old baby, it is essential to prioritize safety and choose toys made of non-toxic materials that do not have small parts. Refer to the following infographic for tips on selecting the perfect gift for your little one. Save and share it with your friends too!
- Infant Vision: Birth to 24 Months of Age
- A description of externally recorded womb sounds in human subjects during gestation
- Looking after your baby’s teeth
- Best Toys For 4-Month-Olds
- Best Toys For 6-Month-Old Babies
- Best Toys For Your 8-Month-Old Baby
- Best Toys For 7-Month-Old Babies