At 2 months, babies are still small to hold and play with toys independently but are old enough to recognise things around them. Their eyes are now slowly learning to track moving objects while their ears now catch new sounds.
When you buy toys for such a little munchkin, you can look for products that can contribute towards your baby’s development. And this MomJunction post will help you select the best toys for 2 month old baby.
23 Best Toys For 2 Month Old Baby
Below are some interesting and best 2 month baby toys. It includes rattles and stuffed toys and everything else you’re your dear baby shall need.
1. Lamaze Freddie The Firefly 9/2216
- Plastic rings make jingling sound to distract baby
- Textured teether allows baby to chew on it
- Soft body make it easy to grasp and hold
- Baby-safe mirror enables baby to learn to focus
2. Baby GundAnimated Flappy the Elephant Stuffed Animal Plush 8/3985
Do not let your baby sleep alone when this soft and warm elephant is there for company. This elephant even flaps its softs ears to play a game of peek-a-boo with your child.
- Pressing legs activates movement of ears and music
- Soft huggable body can keep baby comfortable and happy
3. Tiny Love Musical Nature Stroll Stroller Toy 8/3090
This toy arch with dangling toys can bring a smile on your baby’s face. It can keep your baby engaged with it attractive appearance and music.
- Attachable on strollers and bassinets
- Plays 4 tunes to keep baby entertained
- Teether is within baby’s reach encouraging baby to reach put for it
4. Jellycat Bashful Beige Bunny Stuffed Animal 8/1180
Jellycat has been selling stuffed animals for over two decades and is still loved by parents and kids. This soft toy can make a great first friend for your baby.
- Washable by hand
- Soft plush body suitable cuddling
- Available in different sizes to suit baby
5. Playgro My First Bead Buddies Giraffe8/775
Your baby not like rattles but may not be able to hold one yet. So why don’t you hold the rattle for your little one.
- Textured material body stimulate tactile senses
- Colorful beads in transparent belly strengthen visual tracking
- Clickety rings produce sound to grab baby’s attention
- Colorful appearance makes visual treat for baby
6. The First Years First Rattle 7/782
Popular toy amongst most parents, this infant rattle toy is a great way to introduce your darling baby to cute toys. Its soft body is designed for babies so they can easily hold and play with it.
- Offers soft teething surface to ease teething pain
- Soft body is easy to grip and hold
- Bright colors promote visual tracking
7. Fisher-Price Soothe & Glow Giraffe 7/355
Fisher-Price is a trusted brand for kids toys and this cute pink glowing giraffe is toy loved by a lot of parents.
- Soft, plush body makes cuddling easy for babies
- Plays 8 different lullabies to help baby sleep
- Emits soft light to provide extra comfort
- Comes with volume control
8. Mary Meyer WubbaNub Soft Toy and Infant Pacifier 6/2856
This unique pacifier comes with a soft toy attached so your baby can chew on it while hugging the cute donkey.
- Pacifier made of latex-free, medical grade silicone
- Free from BPA, PVC and phthalate
- Easy to wash clean in mesh laundry bag
- Available with different soft toys
9. Baby Einstein Star Bright Symphony Toy 6/931
This glowing smiling face can your baby happy and excited with its soft lights and melodious tunes.
- Plays 6 different melodies
- Flashes gentle lights to attract baby’s attention
- Comes with velcro strap to attach to stroller or bassinet
10. Manhattan Toy Wimmer-Ferguson Sights and Sounds Travel Activity Toy 6/730
An award winning toy, this multi-developmental toy targets and strengthen multiple senses in babies. Itsvelcro closure easily attaches the toy to any stroller or bassinet.
- Black and white pattern promotes visual simulation
- Comes with teether, clutching ring, squeaker, and crinkle paper
- Baby-safe mirror prompts self-discovery in babies
- Colorful ribbons enables tactile simulation
11. Sassy Ring Rattle 6/670
Which baby does not like rattle toys? It sound instantly grabs baby’s attention and they often extend their hand to grab hold of it.
- Easy to grasp design
- Colorful rings make sound when shaken and teaches baby cause and effect
- Bright colored beads sharpen visual tracking
- Textured handle encourage mouthing and tactile simulation
12. Lovevery The Play Gym Stage-Based Developmental Activity Gym & Play Mat for Baby to Toddler 6/574
Now here is a product that grows with your little one. Utility of this activity play mat increases as the baby grows.
- Made of safe organic cotton
- Offers variety of sensory developmental activities
- Toys are made for grasping and mouthing
- Simple to assemble and fold
- Easy to wash in machine
13. Disney Baby Mickey Mouse Plush Teether Blanket 6/111
When you have designed everything so carefully in your baby’s room then why not get your baby an attractive and unique blanket. This Mickey Mouse blanket from Disney is not just shaped like the iconic character but also has teethers so teething becomes more bearable for your little one.
- Made of soft and easy to wash polyester material
- Textured teethers at the edge of the blanket help soothe aching gums
- Comes with squeakers and crinkly textures for tactile simulation
14. Fisher-Price Infant-to-Toddler Rocker 5/3719
Who doesn’t like sitting in a rocking chair? Adult and babies both enjoy the soothing slow movement of this chair. This bright colored rocking chair is designed for babies with safety belts so your little one has an enjoyable time sway in it.
- Allows reclining positions and vibrations
- Comes with a stand to stop chair from rocking
- Toy bar includes child-safe toys
- Seat pad is washable in machine
15. Infantino 3-in-1 Grow with me Activity Gym and Ball Pit 5/1030
This is not just an activity gym but also a ball pit so when your baby grows he can happily spend time amidst tiny colorful balls.
- Toy arch can hold multiple tiny toys
- Hanging toys promote motor skills
- Large space helps baby grow
- Includes BPA-freeteether
16. Lamaze Rainbow Glow Rattle 5/262
If your baby loves looking at lights then this toy might be the best for him. This rattle glows when shaken.
- Motion sensors activate soft lights
- Toy flashes three rainbow colors
- Long chewy eyes for teething babies
17. Tiny Love Meadow Days Soothe ‘n Groove Baby Mobile 4/1267
This musical toy plays music for 40 long minutes so your baby can be entertained. Once the purpose of mobile is served, the toy can be used as a music box for toddlers and older kids.
- Rotating disc keeps baby engaged
- Plays 18 different musical tunes
- Soft light helps calms baby down
18. Bubzi Co Baby Toys Owl White Noise Sound Machine 4/784
There are times when your baby may feel agitated and may refuse to sleep. In such situations a calming toy can help your baby to sleep peacefully. This cute little owl plays music and flashes soft lights that help put baby to sleep.
- Plays 10 soothing lullabies
- Automatically shuts off after 30 minutes
- Flashes light in a constellation design on wall or ceiling to comfort baby
- Furry soft body is ideal for cuddling
19. Yoee Baby Newborn Toy 4/310
Love to tickle your baby? Then have a look at this furry toy to make your dear one laugh out loud.
- Contains a rattle and teether
- Soft handle makes grasping easy and convenient
- Colorful body attracts baby easily
- Free from BPA and phthalate
20. Yookidoo Baby Play Gym Lay to Sit-Up Play Mat 4/143
Play gyms are available everywhere but this play mat is different because it transforms into a seat to give your baby support when he learns to sit.
- Comes with rattle toys and play mirror attached to the arch
- Toys are easy to grasp and hold
- Easy to fold, store, and transfer
21. OBall Flex ‘n Go Activity Arch Take-Along Toy 3/653
Toy arches are a common choice for parents looking for toys for their two-month old baby. This toy arch comes with three interesting toys that dangle and distract babies.
- Toy bar made of soft flexible material
- Contains three colorful toys for baby
- Comes with additional loops for adding more toys
- Clip on attachment easy to attach to strollers
22. Infantino Spiral Activity Toy 1/1423
This spiral activity toy can keep your baby engaged and happy even when he is out in new surroundings.
- Comes with a mirror, clacker rings, crinkled and textured fabrics
- Easy to attach to car seats, strollers and bassinets
- Free from BPA
23. Daisy Cute Animal Wrist and Foot Rattles Finder Socks Set 1/271
Since your baby lacks the grasp to hold toys it is better to have toys that are not droppable. By which we mean these rattles that can be worn at the wrists and feet.
- Comes in attractive colorful designs
- Wrist rattle makes sound to encourage baby to move hands
- Made of non-toxic and BPA free material
- Soft material is easy to put on and take off
Buying Guide For 2 Month Old Baby Toys
There are no rules when it comes to buying toys for babies. But a few tips can always help select the best toys for your little one. Especially those toys that will help in the development of the baby.
- Opt for toys that are colorful and vibrant. Such toys help babies develop their visual tracking skills. Also, bright toys easily attract attention of babies who are learning to identify things around them.
- Rotating toys are also a great choice because the movement distracts babies and at times even helps them calm down. The more his eyes track the rotating toy the quicker he will relax and even fall asleep.
- Even though musical toys are quite a favorite amongst parents, do not buy toys that come without volume control. Lack of volume control can give the baby and you both a headache with its frequent buzzing sound.
- Though your baby may not be able to hold things you can still buy toys designed for easy grasp so your baby attempts to grab it thereby encouraging him to develop his finger and hand muscles.
- There are toys available in the market that are designed to grow with children. Buying such toys is like an investment as it will keep transforming with your baby’s growing age and can be used over years.
These were some of our tips to buying the best toys for 2 month old babies. The list of best toys are in accordance to these tips. We would love to know your tips for selecting toys for your baby. Share your answer with us in the comments section below.