Even the brightest and sharpest of teenagers have scope for learning something new. The idea of trivia questions for teens is just that. These intriguing and witty questions challenge the teen’s brain to learn and explore a lot more than they would normally do.
A trivia quiz can be on various subjects ranging from movies and sports to science and history. In fact, it can be a fun activity to do when the teens are having a study get-together, night out or a zero-hour at school.
If you are looking for such questions, then read on as MomJunction brings to you 115 trivia questions and answers for teens.
115 Easy Trivia Questions And Answers For Teens
Questions About Sports
Whether they watch it or play it, sport is a favorite pastime for most teens. Then why not start our exercise with some exciting sports trivia for teens?
1. Who ran the world’s first marathon?
Answer: Pheidippides or Philippides (The Greek is said to have run from Marathon to Athens to deliver the victory news in a war against the Persians)
2. What is the number of players in an ice hockey team?
Answer: Six on each side
3. Which is the oldest tennis tournament in the world?
Answer: The Championships, Wimbledon (commonly known as Wimbledon, it was started in 1877)
4. Mariya Abakumova is associated with which sport?
5. What is the height of a basketball hoop in feet?
Answer: 10 feet
6. Tennis player Novak Djokovic belongs to which country?
7. Name the only wild card entrant who has won the Wimbledon?
Answer: Goran Ivanišević: 2001
8. Who was crowned the MVP (the most valuable player) in the 2018 NBA finals?
Answer: Kevin Durant
9. How many feathers are used to make a shuttlecock?
10. In which city were the first modern Olympics held?
Answer: Athens, Greece
11. Soccer is also known as?
Answer: Association football or Football
12. What is the total number of bases on a baseball field?
13. How much is the maximum time allowed to find a lost ball while playing Golf?
Answer: 5 minutes
14. Which cricketer was offered the throne of Albania?
Questions About Movies
Is your teen crazy about movies? It’s time to test their knowledge with these fun trivia questions for teens.
15. What is the favorite food of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
16. Abu in the Disney movie, Aladdin, is which animal?
17. In Phantom of the Opera, when a sword fight occurs in the cemetery, where does Raoul get hurt?
Answer: On the arm
18. Name the Disney movie which features a little girl having five distinct emotions – Sadness, Joy, Disgust, Fear, and Anger?
Answer: Inside Out
19. What kind of animal is Sid in Ice Age?
Answer: A sloth
20. Who plays the lead character in Mean Girls?
Answer: Lindsay Lohan
21. Which part of his body did Charlie Chaplin insure?
Answer: His feet
22. Who was the first character to speak in Star Wars?
23. What is Mia’s full name in Anne Hathaway’s movie The Princess Diaries?
Answer: Amelia Mignonette Grimaldi Thermopolis Renaldo
24. Name the 1954 movie which won eight Oscar awards.
Answer: On the waterfront
25. Which potion in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince grants good luck?
Answer: Felix Felicis.
26. In the movie 13 going on 30, which magazine does Jenna Rink work for?
27. In Harry’s sixth year at the Hogwarts, a new apparition instructor joins. What is his name?
Answer: Wilkie Twycross
28. In the movie What A Girl Wants, what is the job of Daphne’s father?
Answer: He is a Royal.
Questions About Music
Your teen is always on headphones, either jamming to songs or dancing around the house. Music trivia quiz for teens is an interesting way to find out your teenager’s passion for music.
29. Miss Adkins is an artist born in London. What is she famously known as?
30. Madonna was born in which state of the US?
31. Who is called the King of Pop?
Answer: Michael Jackson
32. Who is the Greek God of Music?
33. Name the artist who rejoined the band Backstreet Boys in 2012.
Answer: Kevin Scott Richardson
34. In which year was the Notorious BIG rapper shot and killed?
35. Bully is a controversial song by?
36. What is the name of the very famous left-handed guitarist?
Answer: Jimi Hendrix
37. In which studio had The Beatles recorded most of their songs?
Answer: Abbey Road
38. Name the band which sang “Hotel California”.
Answer: The Eagles
39. Les Paul electric guitar was designed and invented by?
Answer: Les Paul
40. Why is 6th February a national holiday in Jamaica?
Answer: It is Bob Marley’s birthday
41. Elvis Presley gave his first hit in 1956. Name the song.
Answer: Heartbreak Hotel
42. In which year were the US Grammy awards started?
Questions About History
The world history is vast and extensive. No matter how much we know, there is still so much unknown, unexplored and unraveled. Below are some insightful trivia questions on history.
43. Which war was Lt. Hiroo Onoda ordered to stop fighting in 1974 by his commanding officer?
Answer: World War II
44. Which 20th Century conflict led the US soldiers to die for a tie?
Answer: The Korean War
45. Name the Filipino who was nicknamed the Iron Butterfly.
Answer: Imelda Marcos
46. What is the birthplace of Napoleon Bonaparte?
Answer: Corsica, France
47. In 1930, which was also called the tragic year, how many Americans were unemployed?
Answer: More than 7 million
48. In opposition to World War I, what grew popular in the 1920s?
Answer: Jazz and dancing.
49. The British Raj lasted how many years in India?
Answer: 90 years
50. Checkers were invented in which country?
51. Who was the first film star to appear on a postage stamp?
Answer: Grace Kelly
52. What was the first country to use postcards?
53. Which Irish political movement is named after a phrase translating into “We ourselves”?
Answer: Sinn Fein
54. From 1933 to 1945, which country maintained an official state of emergency?
55. Winston Churchill was held captive as a prisoner during which war?
Answer: The Boer War
56. What is the name of King Henry VIII’s wife?
Answer: Catherine of Aragon
Questions About Books
Avid readers, authors in the making, or bibliophile… do these adjectives suit your teenager? Then it is quite certain that your teen will love these fun trivia questions about books and literature.
57. Who is the author Flashman series of novels?
Answer: George MacDonald Fraser
58. Which Shakespearean character played the Prince of Tyre?
59. Name the author of the 2009 Newbery award-winning book, “The Graveyard”.
Answer: Neil Gaiman
60. Paddington Bear belongs to which country?
61. In the Twilight series book “New Moon,” which city does Cullens tell everyone that they were moving to?
Answer: Los Angeles
62. In The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens, what is the first name of Mr. Pickwick?
63. What is the secret of Mr. Strong’s strength in Mr. Men books?
64. Who is the author of Gremlins?
Answer: Roald Dahl
65. In the novel Treasure Island, what is the name of Long John Silver’s parrot?
Answer: Captain Flint
66. Where does Zoey the beginning vampire attend school in the House of Night novels, written by P.C. Cast?
Answer: Tulsa, Oklahoma
67. Who is the author of the famous novel Pride and Prejudice?
Answer: Jane Austen
68. What is the name of the wizard in Hobbit?
69. What is the name of the Poltergeist in the Harry Potter series?
70. In a Dr. Seuss book who steals the Christmas?
Answer: The Grinch
Questions About Countries
Did you know there are more than 190 countries in the world? How much does your teenager know about these countries? Put that knowledge to test with this trivia quiz based on geography, countries and more.
71. In which country is the world’s tallest building?
Answer: Dubai, Burj Khalifa
72. Which is the largest landlocked country in the world?
73. Which European country is divided into departments?
74. Which country is the world’s oldest republic?
Answer: San Marino
75. What is the population of Switzerland?
Answer: 8.5 million or 8,503,111
76. Who were the rulers of England from 827 to 860?
Answer: Egbert, Aethelwulf, and Aethelbald
77. In which North American country was Celine Dion born?
78. Name the two English counties separated by the river Tamar.
Answer: Cornwall and Devon
79. Ronaldsway airport is located on which Island?
Answer: Isle of Man
80. In which country are the Taurus Mountains located?
81. What are the four official languages of Singapore?
Answer: English, Malay, Mandarin Chinese, and Tamil
82. Name the sea between Australia and New Zealand.
Answer: The Tasman Sea
83. Which is the busiest airport in the world?
Answer: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, US (104 million passengers annually)
84. In which country is Machu Picchu, an ancient city, located?
Answer: The Republic of Peru
Questions About Gardening
If your teenager has a green thumb, then these trivia questions on gardening are ideal for them. This quiz will not only test their insights on gardening but also increase their awareness.
85. What are slugs and snails called?
86. What is a female flower’s reproductive organ called?
87. What is a seedling without branches called?
Answer: A whip
88. What is a small Japanese orange called?
89. What are the largest flowers of the genus Helianthus known as?
90. Name the cereal which grows only in water.
91. How is the age of a tree identified?
Answer: By the number of rings on the trunk
92. What is Lancashire known for?
Answer: Red roses
93. What is the old fashioned name for tomato?
Answer: Love apple
94. Name the liquid produced by flowers to attract insects.
95. From which flower is the vanilla flavor derived?
96. What is the color of a Welsh poppy?
97. Which is the largest and tallest tree in the world?
Answer: Sequoiadendron giganteum or California redwood
98. Which is the sacred flower of the Buddhist religion?
Random Trivia Questions For Teens
If you have a family gathering coming up and playing a trivia quiz is on your mind, here are some random trivia quiz questions for teenagers and everyone else in the family to enjoy.
Are you ready with a scoreboard?
99. A cat stays in the heat for how many days?
100. What is the color of absinthe?
101. What does DC stand for in electrical terminology?
Answer: Direct current
102. 1989 is the album of which singer?
Answer: Taylor Swift
103. Which is the biggest island in the world?
104. Michael Jordan plays which sport?
105. What is a person who studies weather called?
Answer: A meteorologist
106. What did ancient Romans use to dye their hair?
Answer: Bird poop
107. Marilyn Monroe died in which country?
Answer: The US
108. Which mammal has the longest gestation period?
Answer: An elephant (640 to 660 days)
109. Which is the shallowest ocean in the world?
Answer: The Arctic Ocean
110. Which is the most common atmospheric gas?
111. Centigrade equals Fahrenheit at which temperature?
Answer: -40 degrees
112. When did the Eiffel Tower open?
113. Which period came first, the Jurassic or Triassic?
Answer: The Triassic Period
114. What is the color of a giraffe’s tongue?
115. What is Lady Gaga’s birth name?
Answer: Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta
Asking and answering trivia questions is a fantastic way to spend time with teenagers and also test their knowledge in various subjects. It enhances their knowledge of a range of topics and also helps you bond with them.
What’s your score in this quiz? Let us know in the comments section below.