To love or to be loved unconditionally is not easy. To love a person unconditionally, you have to love them at their best and also at their worst. In short, if you love a person unconditionally, then you must accept their flaws, insecurities, and weird habits and still be able to say “I love you” wholeheartedly.
If you think your love falls in this segment, then let your partner know about it some beautiful words. To help you express your feelings, MomJunction brings you these 101 unconditional love quotes.
Inspirational Quotes On Unconditional Love
Here are a few quotes that could help you express your unconditional love for your partner.
- “You can try to love someone unconditionally by not expecting anything in return at all.”
- “Out of all the love in the world, it is unconditional love that I want to have the most.”
- “To be brave is to love someone unconditionally, without expecting anything in return.” -Madonna
- “You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving.” -Amy Carmichael
- “Find someone who is proud to have you. Scared to lose you, fights for you, appreciates you, respects you, cares for you and loves you unconditionally.”
- “I love you with everything I am, everything I’ve been, and everything I hope to be. I love you with my past, and I love you for my future, and for the years we’ll have together. I love you for every one of my smiles and even more, for every one of yours.”
- “I love you means that I accept you for the person that you are and that I don’t wish to change you into someone else. It means that I do not expect perfection from you, just as you don’t expect it from me. I love you means that I will love you and stand by you even through the worst of times. It means loving you when you are in a bad mood or too tired to do the things I want to do. It means loving you when you are down, not just when you’re fun to be with.” – Deanne Laura Gilbert
- “I love you,” that means I’m not just here for the pretty parts. I’m here no matter what.”
- “The beginning of love is to let those we love to be perfectly themselves and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise, we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.” – Thomas Merton
- “Actual love, as in unconditional love, doesn’t mean you love everything about that person. It means you don’t need them to be different than they are for you to be happy.”
[ Read: What Is Unconditional Love ]
- “When someone else’s happiness is your happiness, that is love.”– Lana Del Rey
- “If someone is facing a difficult time one of the kindest things you can do for him or her is to say I am going to love you through this.”– Molly Friedenfeld
- “Fall in love with someone who will take care of your heart and keep it safe from harm. Someone who opens up their soul and doesn’t keep any secrets from you. Someone who brings you happiness and makes you laugh.”
- “I don’t want someone who stands next to me because they are lonely. I want someone who stands next to me because they can’t imagine standing next to anyone else.” – Mr. Burr
- “Imagine meeting someone who wanted to learn your past, not to punish you, but to understand how you needed to be loved.”
- “When two givers indulge in a connection, it’s magic. It’s alchemy. I water you. You water me; we never drain each other. We just grow.”
- “When two souls fall in love, there is nothing else but the yearning to be close to one another. The presence is felt through a held hand, a voice heard and the sign of a smile, even through a simple touch. Souls do not have calendars or clock, nor do understand the notion of time or distance.” – Lang Leav
- “I have found the paradox that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.” – Mother Teresa
- “It’s the shoulder kisses and cooked breakfasts and the “drive safe” texts. It’s those little things that for some reason make you feel more loved than you have ever before. It’s easy to plan an elaborate night out, but when someone can make you feel so happy just by doing the smallest things, that’s when you know you’ve got something special.”
- “The greatest feeling in the world is to be around someone who wants to hold you, to kiss your forehead and to be around you; who wants to call you at night, to see you smile. But, what’s better than that is finding someone that does it all, because he wants to see you happy.”
- “Love! There is no falling in or out of it. When you truly love, it never dies. Love is eternal; it’s sacred, it’s a way of life… Not some temporary feeling that loses its truth over time. People only fall out of love when they never truly loved to begin with.”
- “In every relationship, there’s going to be arguments, fights, smiles, tears, and up and downs, things said out of anger, crazy exes, attitudes, and jealousy. But at the end of the day, if you truly love that person, you will stick around through the good and bad.”
Unconditional Love Quotes For Him
He forgets your anniversary, he annoys you, he disappoints you, but when you need him, he is always by you. Here are some honey-dipped lines to express your unconditional love to your man.
- “The moment I laid eyes on you, my world changed. All I could see was beauty around me. All I felt was pure bliss. All that I wanted to do was to love you.”
- “Love is when the other person’s happiness is more important than yours.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “Love is the doorway through which the human soul passes from selfishness to service.”
[ Read: Long Distance Relationship Quotes ]
- “Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope.” – Maya Angelou
- “You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.”– Julia Roberts
- “I am purely in love with you. I think of you all the time and I dream about you every night. Your touch and your kiss are etched in my mind. Baby, all I want to know is will you be forever mine?”
- “Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you”. – Bob Marley.
- “You are the first thing that I think about each day. You are the person I dream about each night. You are the inspiration that keeps me going every day.”
- “Love… what is love? Love is to love someone for who they are, who they were, and who they will be.” – Chris Moore.
- “I don’t want to lose you in my life. You are the stars in my sky and the sun to my world. You are the reason I survive.”
- “As we grow older together, as we continue to change with age, there is one thing that will never change. I will always keep falling in love with you.” – Karen Coldfelder.
- “I love you without knowing how or when or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride.”– Pablo Neruda.
- “I do not want to change anything in you; I love you the way you are.”
- “My heat is full and bursting with joy every time I think about you. I go crazy when you’re not with me.”
- “You have the heart that loved me at my worst and the arms that held me at my weakest.”
- “Sharing this adventure with you is definitely the best time of my life. Having you as my partner not only makes me stronger, but it also brings out the best in both of us.”
- “I know the second I met you that there was something about you I needed. Turns out it wasn’t something about you at all. It was just you.” – Jamie McGuire.
- “I’m not perfect. But I love you. I really do. And I promise to be your best friend, your partner in crime and your lover.”
- “I’m not waiting for a hero. I saved myself long ago. I don’t need someone to complete me. I am whole alone. I just want a weirdo to go on adventures with. Someone who will dance with me, kiss me when I least expect it and make me laugh. That’s it.”– Brooke Hampton.
- “Maybe I am scared because you mean more to me than any other person. You are everything I think about, everything I need, everything I want.”
- “You are the best thing in my world. You kissed my fears away, showered a better part of your love on me, opening my heart to love again. Your unconditional love can never be estimated.”
- “I will never forget you exist because what I feel for you is unconditional. I promise to love you without looking back. I will always love and cherish you forever.”
Unconditional Love Quotes For Her
She takes care of you and your family. She left her world behind and built one around you. Here are some unconditional quotes for the superwoman in your life, for her presence is what makes your house a home.
- “I cannot wait to start a new life with you. Literally, I feel like you’re the one and I want to spend the rest of my life with you by my side. You’re the best thing ever happened to me.”
- “Missing you is my hobby, caring for you is my job, making you happy is my duty and loving you is my life.”
- “Life throws jabs at us, but we will be together. Even with the occasional lapses, mistakes, and goof-ups, we will remain strong. I love you.
[ Read: Reasons Why I Love You ]
- “You love and cherish me so that I will love and honor you with the best kindness in the world. Life may be petty at times, but I will love you unconditionally.”
- “I always pray to share a future with you, because with you, all my worries disappear and my sorrows melt away. You are a rare diamond that had illuminated my world with your unconditional love.”
- “I do believe in fate and destiny, but I also believe we are only fated to do things that we’d choose anyway. And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you, and I’d choose you.”
- “I love you. And that is the beginning and the end of everything.”
- “No, I am not going to lose feelings. No, I’m not going to find someone better. No, I’m not going to cheat on you. And no, I’m not going to leave you. I’ve already made up my mind; I want you and only you. No one else….because to me, you are my kind of perfect.”
- “I just want you, that’s all. All your flaws, mistakes, smiles, giggles, jokes, sarcasm. Everything. I just want you.”
- “Before I met you, I never knew what it was like to be able to look at someone and smile for no reason.”
- “If I could give you one thing in life, I would give you the ability to see yourself through my eyes, only then would you realize how special you are to me.”
- “Yes, I love you. I love you more than anything else in this world, and there is nothing I would like better than to hold onto you forever.”
- “Every night before sleeping I pray to god to keep you happy, safe and healthy.”
- “I was placed in this universe to love you, and I don’t take something that important lightly.”- A.R. Asher
- “I know of no greater happiness than to be with you all the time, without interruption, without end.” – Franz Kafka
- “I am selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes; I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure don’t deserve me at my best.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “Nothing you become will disappoint me; I have no preconception that I’d like to see you be or do. I have no desire to foresee you, only to discover you. You can’t disappoint me.”– Mary Haskell
- “I enjoy the wild things. Call me at 3am and tell me you’re waiting at my door. Give me sunsets in different cities and road trips on dirt tracks not sighted on maps. Whiskey for breakfast and cheap thrills for dinner. Give me happiness in a smile and nothing of certainty but the way we make each other feel.”
- “Ever since I met you, instantly I felt that we are destined for each other. The way we talked and laughed with each other, I have never felt the same with anyone ever before. I never trusted anyone as much as I trust you. I think I am lucky to find what most people spend their whole lives searching for.”
- “Having you in my life has made it so much better. A simple conversation with you makes all the stress fade away. Your unconditional love is my only solace in this world.”
- “Listen, I love you. I know sometimes I’m a little bit of a disappointment. I rarely know what I want or think before I act. Still, I want you to know that in a lifetime of rushed decisions, wrong turns, and spectacular messes, you’re the first thing that’s felt right.” – Beau Taplin
- “I’m amazed when I look at you. Not just because of your looks, but because of the fact that everything I’ve ever wanted is right in front of me.”
- “You are one of the people I never asked from God. But still, he gave you to me. I guess he knew you are the only person who can put all the broken pieces together and make me feel like nothing else matters.”
- “You look like the rest of my life.”- Beau Taplin
- “You’re the only one who I wouldn’t mind losing sleep for, the only one who I can never get tired of talking to, and the only one who crosses my mind constantly throughout the day. You’re the only one who can make me smile without trying, bring down my mood without the intention to and affect my emotions with every action of yours. You’re the one I’m afraid of losing and the one I want to keep in my life.”
[ Read: Ways To Love Your Husband ]
- “In all the world there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world there is no love for you like mine.” – Maya Angelou
- “You are the finest, loveliest, tenderest and most beautiful person I have ever known-and even that is an understatement.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “I’ve made many mistakes in life, but if every single one had to happen to make sure I was right here, right now, to meet you, then I forgive myself for them all.”– K. Towne Jr.
- “I have thought my entire life I needed seas or mountains or magnificent city lights to be happy. Truth is: I do not care where I am as long as I have you.” – Christopher Poindexter
- “I once had a thousand desires. But in my one desire to know you, all else melted away.”– Rumi
Quotes on the need for unconditional love
Finding unconditional love is hard and when you are lucky enough to find it, then treasure it, celebrate it at every moment of life.
- “Life is the first gift, love is the second, and understanding the third.” – Marge Percy
- “Love isn’t finding a perfect person. It’s seeing an imperfect person perfectly.” – Sam Keen
- “Love is made up of three unconditional properties in equal measure: 1. Acceptance 2. Understanding and 3., Appreciation. Remove any one of the three, and the triangle falls apart, which, by the way, is something highly inadvisable. Think about it – do you really want to live in a world of only two dimensions? So for the love of a triangle, please keep love whole.”– Vera Nazaria
- “Soulmates aren’t perfect people. They come into your life and provide polar emotional experiences from intense love to intense pain. Growth comes from both. And a soulmate helps you to grow. It isn’t just “…, and they lived happily ever after” but “ ….and they lived.” – Lori Chidori Phillips
- “Learning to have patience and not forcing the relationship is part of twin soul process. If you are trying to force your will onto other person, chances are you’re not ready to really connect yourself. There should be no blame here – only deep and unconditional love.” – Chimnese Davids
- “Love does not dwell on how much one receives in return. If there is ever any balance in love, it is in a contest of who can love who more.” – Criss Jami
- “She didn’t just fall in love with him once. She falls in love with him every time she looks at him.” – Josephine Angelini
- “She knew one hundred little things about him, but when he kissed her, she couldn’t remember her own name.” – Michelle Hodkin
- “They didn’t agree on much. In fact, they didn’t agree on anything. They fought all the time and challenged each other every day. But despite their differences, they had one important thing in common. They were crazy about each other.” – Nicholas Sparks in The Notebook
- “There are no monuments dedicated to me, and my name will soon be forgotten, but I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “She loved with a messy heart, he hugged her with fragile bones, she touched him with scarred hands, he kissed her with bruised lips. They whispered all their flaws and inhaled the storm together.” – Randy Mascorro
- “Even after all this time the sun never says to the earth “you owe me.” Look what happens with a love like that. It lights the whole sky.” – Hafiz
- “She wasn’t afraid of my demons, and I did not fear her madness. We saw beyond those things that life does to a person. And underneath it all, there’s a beautiful soul that just wants to be loved.” – J.M. Storm
- “I love you with every piece of me. I will love and love and love until I have nothing left, I will make more out of nothing that lives where everything once did. I would dismantle me to put you back together again.” – Tyler Knott Gregson
[ Read: How To Show Respect To Your Husband ]
- “He felt now that he was not simply close to her, but that he did not know where he ended and she began.”- Leo Tolstoy
- “We all want to be in love and find that person who is going to love us no matter how our feet smell, no matter how angry we get one day, no matter the things we say that we don’t mean.”- Will Smith
These unconditional love quotes beautifully capture the true essence of love. Use these while slipping small notes for your partner and remind them how lucky you are to have them in your life.
What is your favorite unconditional love quote? Share it with us in the comments section below.
- Love Messages For Wife
- Anniversary Ideas To Make The Day Memorable
- What Women Want In A Relationship
- How To Keep Intimacy In Marriage