Valentine’s Day is a day when love, warmth, and happiness surround all. While popular culture regards Valentine’s Day as a time to celebrate one’s romantic partner, you can still celebrate it with your preschooler. We have listed several Valentine’s Day activities for preschoolers that you and your little one can spend time doing.
While your child may be a little too young to understand the significance of the day, at least they will understand that it is a day of love. So, read on and find some activities that will melt their hearts.
5 Super Fun Valentine’s Day Activities For Preschoolers
1. Traditional Valentine’s Day Poem:
- Teach your preschooler a cute little traditional Valentine’s Day poem that they will love to sing with actions. Here are the lines that you can teach your preschooler:
- “Roses are red; violets are blue,
- Sugar is sweet, and so are you!”
2. Strawberries Covered In Melted Chocolate:
- If your preschooler is like most young kids of the age, they will surely love eating chocolates as well as strawberries.
- Let your preschooler help you in making some delicious chocolate covered strawberries that will be perfect for Valentine’s Day.
- Ask your preschooler to help you wash the strawberries and dry them with the help of paper towels.
- Melt the chocolate bars and stir to remove any lumps. Help your preschooler dip the strawberries into the chocolate and swirl to coat them well. Be careful as the chocolate will be very hot.
- You can also let them add some more chocolate on top through a piping cone. This is one of the best valentine’s day themed activities for preschoolers.
3. Heart Design Tee Shirt:
- Your preschooler can make a heart design on a tee shirt and use it for themselves or even gift it to daddy or mommy.
- Use a white plain tee shirt that will go best with the design your preschooler will create.
- Help your preschooler draw a heart outline with a fabric color pen.
- Let them fill in the heart shape with more colorful fabric color pens.
- Set it aside and let it dry completely as per package instructions on the fabric color.
4. Heart Mobile:
- Your preschooler can also make a cute heart shaped mobile that you can string up above their bed or in a doorway as a decoration.
- Let your preschooler cut out heart shapes from papers in different sizes. Do make sure you are with your preschooler while they use the scissors.
- Once done, your preschooler can color the hearts in different colors and also decorate them if they wish with stickers and such.
- Attach a string or ribbon to each heart shape and finally, string everything together to stick at the top.
- Add another ribbon to the stick so that you can form a small bow shape that you can loop throw to hang the mobile up. Heart mobile is one of the great and fun valentine’s day activities for preschoolers.
5. A Heart Jar For Daddy:
- Your preschooler will have lots of wonderful things to say about daddy when you ask them why they love their daddy.
- Help your preschooler find a leaf that resembles the shape of a heart.
- Dip it in red paint and let your preschooler make lots of heart stamps on white paper. Cut them out and keep aside.
- Now ask your preschooler why they love daddy and jot down all the points as shown in the image.
- Place these as notes, along with the heart cut outs in a jar and tie a pretty red bow to complete the look.
Valentine’s day activities for preschoolers can help them learn that it is the day of love. Although it is a day for romantic partners, celebrating it with your children can be more fun. They will love to celebrate Valentine’s week with heart-shaped and red decorations, chocolates, roses, and teddy bears. Heart shapes on t-shirts and paper hearts can be interesting valentine’s craft activities for preschoolers. You may teach them poems and let them participate in making some Valentine dishes such as strawberries covered with melted chocolate.