When you first went on date with her, you had butterflies in your stomach. When you decided to propose to her, you were a nervous wreck, and when you married her, you felt like the happiest man on earth!
Such are the feelings when you are new in love or just got married. As time passes by, your love and respect for your wife increases but you may not express it often. However, subtly or otherwise, romance does happen through the simple everyday tasks that you do together.
So, what are those simple yet special things that you can do to be romantic with your wife? MomJunction tells you 29 ways to be romantic with your wife.
29 Ways To Be Romantic With Your Wife
Here are a few things that you can do. You will be surprised that you are already doing most of them. And the ones that you aren’t, you may try them now because it is never too late to be romantic!
- Spend time with her. If she often complains about you being busy, then surprise her by taking out some time just for her. It could be a few hours or one whole day. Dedicate it to her, snooze your work, toss your mobile away and pay her your undivided attention. Look into her eyes, hold her hand, and go with the flow. This is all it takes to be romantic with your wife. Isn’t it simple?
- Be vocal about your feelings. Husbands mostly believe, “She needs to feel my love, I don’t have to say it aloud.” While this may be true, she would want you to occasionally reassure her just as she does to you. So, share your feelings with her, tell her how her presence is making your life beautiful, and make her feel special.
- Watch a movie of her choice. Book tickets for a movie of her favorite star or genre and take her. You can keep this as a surprise. If you want to make movie-watching more romantic, set up a private theater in your bedroom, switch off all the lights, cuddle together and watch it.
- Cook her favorite dinner. As she comes home from work, tired and worried about preparing the dinner, surprise her by keeping it all ready. Let her have a relaxing shower, while you set the table. Put some candles and flowers to enhance the romantic effect. But make sure you are cleaning up the kitchen too.
- Ask her to dress up the way you like. Women love to dress up and look pretty, especially for their husband. You can add romance to it by asking her to get ready the way you want. Either surprise her with a new dress or search her closet and pick something of your choice. When she is done, we are sure you cannot take your eyes off her.
- Keep in touch with her throughout the day. This is a simple yet romantic way to express your love. You could be at work or away on a business trip. Send random texts and, if possible, make a call to tell her that you are thinking of her.
- Hold her in public. Even if you are not used to the public display of romance, if she likes it, try it. Hold her hand while crossing the road. You will surely see a broad smile on her face when you pull her close while clicking a picture. These small gestures will be recorded as a romance in her mind.
- Take her for shopping. Have you been always making excuses to avoid shopping with your wife? Well, then take her out for shopping if you want to romance her. She could take you to ten shops, and try several dresses but pay attention and help her buy everything she likes.
[ Read: Role Of A Wife ]
- Plan a short trip, just the two of you. If your wife is getting overwhelmed with family responsibilities and work stress, then send the kids to their grandparents’ place or hire a babysitter and take her on an outing. It could be to the beach or a picnic in the woods, make the necessary arrangements and enjoy the tranquility of nature.
- Cuddle with her. Did you know hugging and cuddling trigger the release of oxytocin? This hormone helps in reducing stress and also keeps the person happy. So, cuddling with your wife will not only brew romance but also keep you both happy.
- Slip romantic lines in her purse. Imagine your wife opens her purse and finds a naughty note from you; she will blush deep no matter where she is, and will surely treasure this moment.
- Know her idea of physical intimacy. When it comes to physical intimacy, women are usually not open about their needs. Make her feel comfortable and ask her. It could be a girly fantasy straight out of a Nicholas Sparks novel, but be sincere and fulfill it.
- Share a light moment. A couple who laughs together stays together. If her favorite standup comedian is in town, book tickets for the show. Or you can cuddle up and watch a comedy movie together. You may do anything that is worth a laugh.
- Recognize her efforts. Your wife is the backbone of the family. She takes care of every minute thing at homeand alsosupports you financially. So, recognize her efforts and thank her for everything she does day in and day out. Words like “Thank you” or “I do not know what to do without you,” will make her feel important and loved.
- Write a love letter. Pour all your love into words and write her a love letter. You need not be a poet or write something fancy. Just put down your honest feelings and when she reads it, she will feel like the luckiest person on earth. Evoking such emotions is what keeps the romance alive in a relationship.
- Dance with her. If you both love to dance, then take her to a pub and dance your heart out. But if she is shy, then play your favorite track and do some dance at home. The point here is to be close to her, look into her eyes and brew some romance.
- Do some girly stuff with her. You may be a macho man to the world, but for your wife, you are her best friend, and what do best friends do? They do stuff together; it could be wearing matching outfits or uploading pictures on social media, do something that she enjoys doing.
- Plan a staycation: For your next anniversary or her birthday, book a room in a hotel or resort (a resort by the sea is the best), and spend a day or two there. Order room service, sleep when you please, wake up when you want to with no alarms or running around.
- Keep in ‘touch’ with her. While she is busy in the kitchen or working on her computer, hug from behind and plant a kiss on her cheek, she will be thrilled. Randomly touching her will keep up those romantic vibes alive and active.
- Take care of yourself. Stay fit and attractive. Exercise regularly, stay in shape and dress up for your wife. Observe her reaction. She will not be able to take her eyes off you.
- Play and tease each other. When you both are at home, initiate a hide-and-seek game or just run and catch each other. Such romantic moments help build a friendship. Forget all worries and have fun like kids.
- Give her a massage. Turn the bedroom into a spa, light some aromatic candles, play soft music, and keep the essential oils ready. When she is done for the day and ready to sleep, give her a soothing massage. This will make her feel like heaven.
- Revisit your first date. Go to the same coffee shop or visit that spot where you both met for the first time. To make it more romantic, ask your wife to wear the same or similar outfit she wore that day. Relive that magical, day which marked the start of a beautiful journey.
- Do small things for her. Small things make a big impact. Do random favors such as picking her up from office, doing her laundry, bringing home her favorite snacks, etc. Such acts show that you think of her and care for her.
- Make her fantasy real. It could be a diamond set, a trek to the nearby hill, a candle-lit dinner on the beach or a visit to the Eiffel Tower. Depending on your budget, plan to make her fantasy come true.
- Encourage her to go out with her friends. Just like you, she too needs some time away from kids and responsibilities. Offer her to look after the kids and do the chores, so that she can plan an outing with her friends.
- Give her a nickname. What can be more romantic than making your wife blush with a cute nickname? This might sound silly but it works for sure. Give her a nickname that suits her personality. Call her with that name and use it in the messages too. If it is a naughty one, then reserve it for your private moments.
- Decorate her gifts. You might have given several gifts to your wife on her birthdays or anniversaries. But have you tried packaging them beautifully? Try it this time. Watch some DIY videos, and pack the gift yourself so well that your wife should understand and appreciate the effort you put in it.
[ Read: What Women Want In A Relationship ]
- Tell her she is beautiful. We saved the best to the last. Nothing is more romantic to your wife than hearing those magical words from you. She can spend hours getting ready for you, and all that gets justified when you tell her, “You look beautiful today.” So, do not be so uptight; tell her how beautiful she is.
The simple things are the greatest things in life. You need not bring the moon or scale heights to be romantic with your wife. Try these simple things and make the love of your life happy.
What is your idea of being romantic? Let us know in the comments section below.
- How To Be Romantic With Your Husband
- Romantic Love Messages For Wife
- Gestures To Express Your Love
- Love Letters To The Wife
Latest posts by sanjana lagudu (see all)
- What is Sole Custody and when does a parent get it? - October 3, 2019
- 10 Unique gender-reveal party ideas - September 17, 2019
- 101 Best Father And Son Quotes - September 4, 2019
- 8 things that happen during the first six months of a relationship - August 30, 2019
- 25 Best 6th wedding anniversary gift ideas - August 29, 2019
- 15 Things That Are Most Important In a Relationship - August 28, 2019
- What is True love and what does it feel like? - August 27, 2019
- 84 Cute Ways To Say I Love You - August 27, 2019
- 10 Signs You are in a Love-hate Relationship - August 7, 2019
- 30 Special Wedding Anniversary gifts for parents - August 6, 2019