Missing someone you love can be unbearable. When you want to be near them, talk to them, and hold their hands, but can’t, you might find yourself struck with sadness and a yearning for them.Each day without them can feel like an eternity.
When it comes to expressing how much you miss your special someone (SO), you may fall short of words. And the phrase “I miss you,” besides being clichéd and overused, can’t fully capture the whole array of emotions you experience.
To help you express your feelings and tell your SO how much you miss them in the most heartfelt way, we bring you this comprehensive list of 151 different ways to say, “I miss you.” Whether you are in a long-distance relationship, or your partner is away for a day or week, these expressions will help you to accurately express how much you miss them.
Cute Ways To Say “I Miss You”
- I wish you were here.
- I think about you all the time.
- I see you everywhere around me.
- When will I see you again?
- I’m counting the days by minutes.
- I can’t stop thinking about you.
- I can’t wait to be with you again.
- I can feel your breath on my neck.
- The world is not the same without you.
- You’ve been running through my head.
- I think of you night and day.
- I long for you
- I yearn for you.
- All I do is think of you.
- I want you here with me now.
- I feel empty without you.
- I can sense your smell everywhere around me.
- I spend sleepless nights thinking about you.
- Every piece of me misses you.
- Your absence has left a void in my life.
- Every part of me aches for your presence.
- I crave you.
- I miss us.
- Nothing feels the same when you are away.
- I might explode if I don’t see you soon.
- Did you cast a spell on me? I can’t stop thinking about you.
- My heart is crying for you.
- I smile when I think of you.
- I’m incomplete without you.
- Three syllables, three words, eight letters, one phrase—I miss you.
- I am looking at our photos, and I can’t help but smile.
- Time stops moving when you are away.
- When will I see your sweet face again?
- I wish you were in my arms right now.
- I miss the warmth of your body next to mine.
- When can we watch our favorite show again?
- A piece of my heart is missing without you around.
- Hey, I miss you terribly.
- I never thought I would miss someone so badly.
- My heart aches for you.
- I miss your gaze, your voice, your smile, your laughter.
- I’d rather be kissing you than missing you.
- Absence makes the heart miserable.
- “O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?” (Replace Romeo with your special someone’s name)
- I miss you like a nincompoop misses the point.
- Missing you is my hobby.
- Everything at our home reminds me of you.
- A tight hug from you right now would mean the world to me.
- I can’t wait to be in your arms again.
- I long for your embrace.
- I miss everything about you.
- I wish I could fast-forward time to be with you again.
- Nothing makes sense when you are not with me.
- I want to be where you are.
- I wish we were running errands together.
- I envy the people who get to see you every day.
- I miss waking up next to you.
- I miss you only when I’m breathing.
- You may be out of sight, but babe, you are never off my mind.
- I miss holding your hands.
- I miss sharing meals with you.
- I miss you so much that it hurts.
- Missing you is my heart’s way of reminding me that I love you.
- I miss how you laugh at your own jokes.
- I miss how you used to pull my leg.
- I miss you more than words can say.
- You are crucial to my existence. I miss you!
- Days feel like years when you are not with me.
- I hope you know that I’m thinking about you.
- I can’t stop listening to our songs.
- Say “I Miss You” In Different Languages
Say “I Miss You” In Different Languages
- Eshtakto elik: Arabic
- Ngo gua zhu lei: Cantonese
- Wǒ xiǎng nǐ: Mandarin
- Mou leipeis: Greek
- Ik mis je: Dutch
- Ikävä sinua: Finnish
- Ich vermisse Dich: German
- Tu me manques: French
- Chybíš mi: Czech
- Mi manchi: Italian
- Te desidero arum: Latin
- Miss na kita: Filipino
- Ek mis jou: Afrikaans
- Te extraño: Spanish
- Nan dangsin-i geuliwoyo: Korean
- Ya skuchayu po tebe: Russian
- Aiftaqadak (for men) aiftaqadaki (for women): Arabic
- Eu sinto sua falta: Portuguese
- Hiányzol: Hungarian
- Aku merindukanmu: Indonesian
- Ninakukosa: Swahili
- Pogrešam te: Slovenian
- Seni özledim: Turkish
- Et trobo a faltar: Catalan
- Nedostajes mi: Croatian
- Ngikukhumbulile: Zulu
Say “I Miss You” With Song Lyrics
- “Every step I take
Every move I make
Every single day
Every time I pray
I’ll be missing you.”
—“I’ll Be Missing You” Puff Diddy, Faith Evans
- “If someone said three years from now you’d be long gone, I’d stand up and punch them out.”
—“Who Knew” P!nk
- “Don’t you know I can’t sleep at night.
But just the same,
I never weep at night; I call your name.”
—“I Call Your Name” The Mamas & The Papas
- “Send it in a letter baby, tell you on the phone.
I’m not the kinda girl who likes to be alone.”
—“Miss You Much” Janet Jackson
- “It hurts, but something survives.
Though it’s undermined, I’d still like to see you sometime.”
—“See You Sometime” Joni Mitchell
- “I never knew how much I missed you, but now I can plainly see it’s a lonesome old town when you’re not around.”
—“It’s a Lonesome Old Town,” Frank Sinatra
- “I’ve been holding out so long.
I’ve been sleeping all alone. Lord I miss you.”
—“Miss You” Rolling Stones
- “If you miss me once in a while, then I’ll return to you.
I’ll return and fill that space in your heart.”
—“The Promise” Tracy Chapman
- “May be surrounded by
A million people I
Still feel all alone
Just wanna go home
Oh, I miss you, you know…”
—“Home” Michael Bublé
- “And bein’ apart ain’t easy on this love affair
Two strangers learn to fall in love again
I get the joy of rediscovering you
Oh girl, you stand by me, I’m forever yours, faithfully.”
- “I see your picture, I smell your skin on, the empty pillow next to mine
You have only been gone ten days, but already I am wasting away
I know I’ll see you again
Whether far or soon
But I need you to know, that I care
And I miss you.”
—“I Miss You” Incubus
- “And I miss you
Like the desserts miss the rain.”
—“Missing” Everything But The Girl
- “It’s a quarter after one, I’m all alone and I need you now
Said I wouldn’t call but I lost all control and I need you now
And I don’t know how I can do without, I just need you now…”
—“Need You Now” Lady Antebellum
- “Just go back to the places where we used to go and I’ll be there.” —“Always Something There to Remind Me,”
— Naked Eyes
- “I’ve been dreamin’ of you
That’s all I do
Driving me insane.”
—“Dreamin’ of You” Bob Dylan
- “I want to dream in the same bed as you
And I want my clothes to smell like you do
Like they used to.”
—“Like They Used To” Joshua Radin
- “In case you’re wondering, somebody’s missing you.
Really, really, really, really missing you.”
—“Somebody’s Missing You” Dolly Parton
- “And I miss you more than I should
Than I thought I could
Can’t get my mind off of you.”
—“The Fear You Won’t Fall” Joshua Radin, Priscilla Ahn
- “No words can explain the way I’m missing you
Deny this emptiness, this hole that I’m inside.”
—“Lay Me Down” Sam Smith, John Legend
- “Ain’t no sunshine when she’s gone.
It’s not warm when she’s away.
Ain’t no sunshine when she’s gone.
And she’s always gone too long.
Anytime she goes away.”
—“Ain’t No Sunshine” by Bill Withers
- “I miss you so much, I can’t stand it.
Seems like my heart, is breaking in two.
My head says no but my soul demands it.
Everything I do, reminds me of you.”
—“Reminds Me of You” Van Morrison
- “All through the night I will see memories passing
The way you looked the sound of your laughing
How I long for the touch of your hand holding mine dear
Oh I miss you and I wish you were here
Lord, I miss you and I wish you were here.”
—“I Miss You” Elvis Presley
- “No, I can’t close my eyes without you in my dreams
- “I only need you when my heart is beating
You are the color that I’m bleeding
I only miss you when I’m breathing.”
- “I miss you like crazy, I miss you like crazy
No matter what I say or do, there’s just no getting over you.”
Say “I Miss You” With Quotes
- “I wonder how much of the day I spend just callin’ after you.” ―Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
- “You can decorate absence however you want- but you’re still gonna feel what’s missing.” ―Siobhan Vivian, Same Difference
- “You know someone is very special to you when days just don’t seem right without them.” ―John Cena
- “It’s times like this…. when it’s over a year later and I’m still crying over you that I want to turn to you and say: See…. This is why I asked you never to kiss me.” ―Ranata Suzuki
- “No, I don’t miss you… Not in a way that one is missed. But I think of you. Sometimes. In the way that one might think of the summer sunshine on a winter night…” ―Sreesha Divakaran, Those Imperfect Strokes
- “If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.” ―Claudia Adrienne Grandi
- “Missing someone and not being able to see them is the worst feeling ever.” ―Nathanael Richmond
- “I don’t know what they are called, the spaces between seconds – but I think of you always in those intervals.” ―Salvador Plascencia
- “Remembering our loved ones is breathing life into their fading images, that we might once more see their faces and pass along a tearful “I miss you.” ―Richelle E. Goodrich
- “Missing you is worse than Pittsburgh.” ―Salvador Plascencia, The People of Paper
- “I miss your voice because it is a symphony; your scent because it is a treasure; your smile because it is a jewel; your hug because it is a masterpiece; and your kiss because it is a miracle.” ―Matshona Dhliwayo
- “And the tender breeze brought me your fragrance.” ―Avijeet Das
- “You are the someone in my life whom I will miss always!” ―Avijeet Das
- “Why are you there even in my silences? Why does my loneliness keep talking about you?” ―Avijeet Das
- “I love you past the moon and miss you beyond the stars.” ―JmStorm
- “I miss you deeply, unfathomably, senselessly, terribly.” ―Franz Kafka
- “Trees quiet without the birds, My heart quiet without you.” ―Terri Guillemets
- “I miss you like the flower misses the sun…” ―William Thatcher
- “I have a late conversation with the moon, he tells me about the sun, and I tell him about you. ―S.L. Gray
- “Not a day goes by that I don’t look at your picture and smile. Or cry. Or both.” ―Dean Jackson
- “I keep myself busy with things to do, but everytime I pause I still think of you.” ―Cecelia Ahern
- “Life is so short, so fast the lone hours fly, we ought to be together, you and I.” ―Henry Alford
- “What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you.” ―Richard Wilbur, Opposites, More Opposites, and a Few Differences
- “You can love someone so much…But you can never love people as much as you can miss them.” ―John Green
- “And they can’t understand, what hurts more—Missing the other person, or pretending not to.” ―Khadija Rupa, Unexpressed Feelings
- “When you are not at hand to kiss away my fears, I cannot choose but be wretched. —Byron Caldwell Smith
- “Rise up, wise up, say it loud. Soul, I will not lie to you. I’m all alone. I’m still missing you, missing you, missing you.” ―Tegan Quin
- “I want to be with you. It’s as simple, and as complicated as that.” ―Charles Bukowski
We hope this list helps you convey your message of deep yearning and longing for your SO perfectly. Select the message that most resonates with you and best represents your experience of missing your significant other. They will undoubtedly enjoy receiving such a kind and loving message from you.