If you have kids at home, you know that they are always looking for something interesting to do. Kids are a store house of energy, and you always need something or the other to keep them busy and entertained.
A great way to keep them occupied and also interested is to engage them in various craft activities. Weaving craft is a very unique type of craft activity that will keep your kid interested and also let them make fun things at home. If it sounds interesting, do scroll down to know more about 5 Fun Weaving Crafts For Preschoolers And Kids.
Fun Weaving Crafts For Kids Of All Ages
Here are a few weaving craft ideas that you can help your kid try out at home:
1. Autumn Place Mat:
- Ask your kid to fold a brown card lengthways in half and cut long lines from the edge.
- Let your kid cut out strips from two different shades of orange paper.
- Your kid has to weave the strips through the brown card in an under and above motion to make a woven pattern.
- Once the entire mat is woven, they can seal it at the edge with glue and get it laminated.
- The best part about this craft is that it is one of the easiest paper weave patterns that your kid can learn as a beginner. Once your kid gets the hang of it, you can encourage them to try out other colors and create different place mats for all members of the family.
[ Read: Autumn Crafts For Kids ]
2. Nature Loom:
- Ask your kid to collect leaves from the garden and outdoors, along with a very sturdy and thick small branch.
- Your kid will first have to take a ball of yarn and weave it around the branch to make it look like a loom.
- Once your kid has finished weaving the loom, they can cut off the edges and tie it up.
- Your kid can now weave in the different leaves, feathers and other nature related objects through the loom to create a beautiful display.
- Your kids can also create a different number of nature looms and once they are all complete, can plant them outside somewhere in the garden. It will create a beautiful display along the real plants and will add a beautiful dash of color. You can also help them stand up in real clay pots and place them around the house as decoration.
3. Paper Woven Red And White Heart:
- Ask your kid to cut out two big rectangular shapes from a red and a white sheet. Round off one side of each sheet.
- Help cut three slits on each sheet through which your kid can loop the papers in an under and above motion.
- Glue the ends once the woven heart is complete.
- Your kid can make a number of such hearts and string them all up to create a beautiful room partition, or simply decorate a door or window area. This is a simple and one of the best paper weaving crafts for kids to make using papers.
[ Read: Nature Crafts For Kids ]
4. Woven Snowflake:
- Let your kid glue three popsicle sticks in the middle to create a six pointer figure.
- Now ask them to weave yarn through the center in such a way that it passes through each stick.
- By the end, your kid will reach till the outer edge of the sticks. Cut off the yarn and glue it up.
- Help your kid make a number of these and attach them to the Christmas tree or hang them up near the window area.
5. Paper Cup Weaving:
- Help your kid cut out slits around the paper cup.
- Help them cut out strips of paper from old magazine papers and weave it through the cup.
- Let them glue the strips at the end.
- Ask your kid to tie a ribbon around the cup to complete the look. It can be one of the best and interesting weaving crafts for kids to make during their leisure time.
Use the woven crafts to make pretty gifts for friends and family and also display them around the house.
Have your kids ever tried any weaving crafts? If yes, do share with other moms what all they have made.
[ Read: Paper Cup Crafts For Kids ]
- Top 10 Musical Instrument Crafts For Kids
- 10 Easy And Exciting Plate Craft Ideas For Your Kids
- 10 Cool Paper Flower Crafts For Your Children
- 10 Simple Paper Cutting Art And Craft Ideas For Kids
Latest posts by Debolina Raja (see all)
- 15 Surprising Things You Wish You Had Known About Newborns! - June 30, 2017
- Normal Delivery Vs Cesarean – Risks And Benefits - June 30, 2017
- 5 Dangerous Things You Should Let Loose Your Children On - January 6, 2017
- Indian Diet During Pregnancy - A Healthy Daily Diet Chart - September 16, 2016
- Top 20 Indian Food Ideas For Your Baby - September 15, 2016
- How To Be A Good Foster Parent – Requirements And Regulations - September 8, 2016
- Practical Tips On How To Make Your Marriage Work - September 1, 2016
- 16 Charming Romantic Ways To Give Birthday Surprise To Your Wife - September 1, 2016
- 7 Terrible Ways Depression Can Seep Into Your Marriage - September 1, 2016
- How Can You Keep Intimacy In Marriage Alive? - August 26, 2016