The riddles can also make them think out of the box and encourage them to spend time pondering about the answers.
Have a look at these what am I riddles for kids and play an interesting game. We have separated them into easy, medium, and hard.
230+ What Am I Riddles For Kids
Let your children put on their thinking caps and try to solve the answers.
Easy What Am I Riddles For Kids
Try to guess these simple riddles. Have fun while guessing.
1. I disappear every time you say my name. What am I?
2. I have two hands, but I can not scratch myself. What am I?
3. I make two people out of one. What am I?
4. I am always running, but I never get tired. What am I?
5. You have to break me before you can use it? What am I?
6. I am white when I am dirty and black when I am clean. What am I?
7. I am black and white all over. What am I?
8. I have one eye but cannot see? What am I?
9. I have a straight back and sharp teeth to cut objects. What am I?
10. I begin with T, end with T, and have T in me? What am I?
11. I am full of keys, but I cannot open any door. What am I?
12. I’m white. I’m perfect for cutting and grinding. For most animals, I am a useful tool. What am I?
13. I am full of holes, but I can still hold a lot of water. What am I?
14. The more you use me, the more I get wet. What am I?
15. I give milk and have a horn, but I’m not a cow? What am I?
A milk truck
16. The more you take away from me, the bigger I become. What am I?
17. I have hands, but I cannot clap. What am I?
18. I have no eyes, no legs, and no ears, but I am strong enough to move the Earth. What am I?
19. I am bought by the yard but worn by the foot. What am I?
20. I am always in front of you, but you can’t see me? What am I?
21. Always in you, sometimes on you; If I surround you, I can kill you. What am I?
22. You can catch me, but you can’t throw me. What am I?
23. You are my brother, but I am not your brother. Who am I?
24. The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I?
25. Four legs up, four legs down, soft in the middle, hard all around. What am I?
26. I am heavy forward, but backward I’m not. What am I?
27. What can you catch but not throw?
28. If I drink, I die. If I eat, I am fine. What am I?
29. I come down, but I never go up. What am I?
30. We are brothers from the same mother, but we’ve never met. What are we?
Day and night
31. I’m hard as a rock, but I melt immediately in hot water. What am I?
An ice cube
32. To throw it, you’ll need a hand. It never goes far though it might not land. What am I?
33. I shrink every time you use me. What am I?
34. I am a ball that can be rolled but never bounced or thrown. What am I?
35. I use my ear to speak and my mouth to hear. What am I?
36. I have three eyes and only one leg. Obey me, or you will be sorry. What am I?
A traffic light
37. I am so simple that I can only point, yet I guide people all over the world.
38. I am invisible. Who am I?
39. Fill me up with hot or cold things. Put anything in me, and I will make sure I hold. What am I?
40. What grows only upwards and can never come down?
41. I get rid of mistakes. Who am I?
42. I go up but never come down. What am I?
43. White and sparkly I can be. Kids make angels out of me. What am I?
44. I have teeth, but I cannot chew. What am I?
45. I have fangs and enjoy piercing holes with a single bite. What am I?
46. I have four legs but no tail. Usually, I’m heard only at night. What am I?
47. I’m the child of water, but when I return to the water, I die. Who am I?
48. When things go wrong, you can always count on me? What am I?
49. I begin with an E and end with an E but only have one letter? What am I?
50. You can eat me at night, but never in the morning. What am I?
51. I have a thumb and four fingers, but I’m not alive. What am I?
52. People walk on me day and night. I never sleep. Who am I?
53. I am easy to get into but hard to get out of? What am I?
54. I am always around you but often forgotten. I am generally pure and clean, and you cannot see me. What am I?
55. You buy me for dinner, but you can never eat me. What am I?
56. I have a neck but no head. What am I?
57. I like food, but water kills me. What am I?
58. I can be cracked, made, told, and played. What am I?
59. I can fly without wings and cry without eyes. What am I?
60. I am hard like stone, but I grow on your body. What am I?
61. I’m tall when I’m young and short when I’m old. What am I?
62. I have four teeth and a tail, but I have no arms and legs. What am I?
63. You cannot come in or go out without me. What am I?
64. When you take away the whole from me, there is always some left. What am I?
65. I have a spine but no bones. What am I?
66. I’m excellent at tasting but horrible at smelling. What am I?
67. I jump when I walk and sit when I stand. What am I?
68. I have lots of money, but I need someone else to carry me around to spend it. What am I?
69. I have a head and a tail but no arms and legs. What am I?
70. I am a nut with a hole. What am I?
71. I can run but not walk. Wherever I go, you are close behind. What am I?
72. When I point up, it’s bright. When I point down, it’s dark. What am I?
A light switch
73. I have wheels and flies, but I’m not an airplane. What am I?
A garbage truck
74. I am a fruit with seeds on the outside. What am I?
75. I have two eyes on the front and a lot of eyes on my tail. What am I?
76. I can wake you up in the morning without electricity, batteries, or winding. What am I?
77. I have a frame but no pictures. I have poles, but I don’t stand up. What am I?
78. I am edible, pink, and a great summer treat. What am I?
79. I protect your eyes from the Sun. I’m often worn on the face of spies. What am I?
Medium What Am I Riddles For Kids
These what am I riddles are a little tricky. But you will be able to crack the answers within no time if you think hard.
80. You can touch me, but I can’t touch you. You can see me, but I only reflect you and can never reject you. What am I?
81. I am not alive, but I grow; I don’t have lungs, but I need air; I don’t have a mouth, but water kills me. What am I?
82. I’m hot, and I disappear at night. What am I?
83. I’m round, and I go up and down. Please be careful with me near the windows. What am I?
84. I live in the water, and I might make you sick. Don’t put a hole in me. Tie me up when you’re done. What am I?
85. I like to twirl my body but keep my head up high. After I go in, everything becomes tight. What am I?
86. People have stepped on me. I never stay full for long. I have a dark side. What am I?
87. I am a seed with three letters in my name. Take away the last two, and I still sound the same. What am I?
88. I’m red, and I live in your body. I’m the symbol of love. Please don’t break me. What am I?
89. Please be patient. I’m new to the world. I cry a lot. Everyone smiles at me. Please pick me up. What am I?
90. I am red, green, or yellow. If you take me every day, I can keep the doctor away. Whan am I?
91. I don’t have eyes, but once I did see. Once I had thoughts, but now I’m white and empty. What am I?
92. I’m usually green and brown. With rain, I can live for a long time. Birds love me. What am I?
93. I come in many different colors, and I get bigger when I’m full. I make a loud sound if I break. What am I?
94. I have a head much smaller than my long neck. People who play with me pick at me, and that’s fine. What am I?
95. My life can be measured in hours. I serve by being devoured. Thin, I am quick. Fat, I am slow. The wind is my foe. What am I?
96. I’m beautiful in many different colors. I smell nice. I live for a long time provided you give me water. What am I?
97. I keep you entertained with my comedy and my drama. I’m shaped like a cube, and I can be attached to your wall. What am I?
98. I have five wheels. You need a key for me. You can sit inside me. Don’t make me go too fast. Please wear my belt. What am I?
99. I look like you, but I am not you. You can blow me up or find me in a wallet. Share me or frame me; both are nice. What am I?
100. I am light as a feather, yet the strongest man can’t hold me for more than a few minutes. What am I?
101. I am a tasty treat you can lick with your tongue. I come in a bowl or a cone. What am I?
102. There are millions of me. I light your way. I come out at night. I hide in the city. What am I?
103. I can be red or blue—I am constantly changing. I can ruin your day or lift you. I am always with you except when you sleep. What am I?
104. I occur once in a minute, twice in a moment, and never in a thousand years?
The letter M
105. I am taken from a mine and shut up in a wooden case, from which I am never released, and yet, almost everybody uses me. What am I?
106. Turn us on our backs and open up our stomachs, and you will be the wisest. What are we?
107. I am the kind of food that monkeys like to eat, and if you throw my clothes on the ground, people could slip and fall. What am I?
108. What is harder to catch the faster you run?
109. What’s black and white and blue?
A sad zebra
110. What am I?
111. I use a long track. I transport heavy loads. Many tourists use me. Watch for lights to stop for me. I will show you beautiful scenery. What am I?
112. Children love to play with me. I am not helpful indoors. Don’t tangle my long string. Look up and watch me dance. What am I?
113. If Mr. Blue lives in the Blue house, Mrs. Yellow lives in the Yellow House, and Mr. Orange lives in the orange house, then who lives in the White House?
114. I am a safe ride. I go very high in the sky. You can watch a movie inside me. I might make your ears pop. What am I?
115. I have 88 keys but cannot open a single door. What am I?
116. I am a vehicle. I spell the same when you read me forward as well as backward. What Am I?
117. My body is usually made of brick or wood. Keep me nice and clean, and I will keep you warm and cozy. You can sell me when your family grows. What am I?
118. I am an odd number. Take away a letter, and I become even. What number am I?
119. The ocean is my real home. Humans trick me into biting. I am an easy pet to look after. I like to blow bubbles. What am I?
120. A father’s child, a mother’s child, yet no one’s son. Who am I?
121. I am something to make you think; I am something to make you know. I am something, the answer to which you might never know. What am I?
122. I’m not a friend of paper, and you will want to keep me away from small children. You can use me to create some art or change your hairstyle, but whatever you do, don’t run while holding me in your hands. What am I?
123. You don’t always answer me. I can connect you to the world. I beep and ring. You have to press my buttons. What am I?
124. I come in a pair. You have to tie and untie me. Don’t go outside without me. Take me off before you go in the water. I come in a handy box. What am I?
125. I have a head and a tail but no legs. I am brown. What am I?
126. I’m found in socks, scarves, and mittens. I’m found in the paws of playful kittens. What am I?
127. What can you hear but not see or touch, even though you control it?
128. I am as small as your thumb. I am light in the air. You may hear me before you see me, but trust that I’m there. What am I?
129. I have buttons or a zipper, pockets, and sometimes a belt. I protect you from the cold wind, but you won’t need me in the summer. What am I?
130. You use me when you’re resting. I’m soft and comfortable, and I protect your neck and head. You can ask for me on an airplane, and fighting with me can be fun. What am I?
131. I can jump, and I can climb. With my many legs, I swing from tree to tree. I can make a house much bigger than me. What am I?
132. I am gold, or I can be black and white. I’m a symbol for a nation when freedom took flight. What am I?
133. I give people a huge fright, but in the end, I’m sweet. I usually celebrate at night. What am I?
134. You used to visit me when you needed to know, but I’ve been lonely since the Internet was born. What am I?
135. I look like a tiny trombone. I keep it all together. What am I?
136. I begin all your sentences. What am I?
A capital letter
137. I am a shiny sheet used to cover food. What am I?
138. I never forget. What am I?
139. You must touch me before you run to second. What am I?
140. I’m the tool fairies use. What am I?
A magic wand
141. I hop around hiding eggs. What am I?
The Easter bunny
142. I am known for my tuxedo that I wear while marching. What am I?
143. I have hundreds of legs, but I can only lean; You make me dirty, so you feel clean. What am I?
144. I have a slender body and a tiny eye. No matter what happens, I never cry. What am I?
145. A very pretty thing am I, fluttering in the pale-blue sky. Delicate, fragile on the wing, I am a pretty thing. What am I?
146. Never resting, never still. Moving silently from hill to hill. I do not walk, run, or trot. All is cool where I am not. What am I?
147. I am a fruit. Remove my first letter and last letter; it’s a kind of music. What do you think am I?
148. I build castles. I tear down mountains. I make some men blind; I help others see. What am I?
149. Poke your fingers in my eyes, and I will open my jaws wide. Linen cloth, quills, or paper, I will devour them all. What am I?
150. I never was; I am always to be. No one ever saw me, nor ever will. And yet, I am the confidence of all. What am I?
151. Three lives have I. Gentle enough to soothe the skin, light enough to caress the sky, Hard enough to crack rocks. What am I?
152. When you have more of me, you can see less of anything. What Am I?
153. I’m a little pool with two layers of walls around it; one white and soft and the other brown and hard. I am hard on the outside and soft on the inside. What am I?
154. I shave every day, but my beard stays the same. What am I?
155. I’m so fast you can’t see me, though everyone else can see straight through me. I don’t stop until the day you die. What am I?
The blink of an eye
156. You can see me in water, but I never get wet. What am I?
157. You pick it, you peel the outside, you cook the inside, you eat the outside, and throw away the inside. What am I?
Hard What Am I Riddles For Kids
Tease your brain a bit more and see if you can solve these tricky and hard riddles.
158. I am the outstretched fingers that seize and hold the wind. Wisdom flows from me in other hands. Upon me are sweet dreams dreamt. My merest touch brings laughter. What am I?
159. I drive people mad for love of me. You can win me at the Olympics. What am I?
160. Ripped from my mother’s womb, beaten and burned, I become a blood-thirsty slayer. What am I?
161. You’ll find me in Mercury, Earth, Mars, and Jupiter, but not in Venus or Neptune. What am I?
The letter “R”
162. What can go up a chimney down but can’t go down a chimney up?
163. I have cities, but no houses. I have mountains, but no trees. I have water, but no fish. What am I?
164. I can run but never walk, I have a mouth but never talk, I have a head but never weep, I have a bed but never sleep. What am I?
165. I make a loud sound when I’m changing. When I do change, I get bigger but weigh less. What am I?
166. I have keys, but no locks and space, and no rooms. You can enter, but you can’t go outside. What am I?
167. First, you eat me; then you get eaten. What am I?
168. If you drop me, I’m sure to crack, but smile at me, and I’ll always smile back. What am I?
169. I am associated with Spring; I love to hop and play in your vegetable garden. My teeth are long and sharp. I am a soft pet. What am I?
170. If I have it, I don’t share it. If I share it, I don’t have it. What am I?
171. People make me, save me, change me. What am I?
172. What breaks yet never falls, and what falls yet never breaks?
Day and night
173. I go through cities and fields but never move. What am I?
174. I take off my clothes when you put on your clothes. I put on my clothes when you take off your clothes. What am I?
175. I am a room that has no doors or windows. What am I?
176. I’m orange, I wear a green hat, and I sound like a parrot. What am I?
177. I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have nobody, but I come alive with the wind. What am I?
178. The person who makes me does not need me; the person who buys me does not use me. The person who uses me can neither see nor feel me. What am I?
179. I am black when you get me, red when you use me, and white when you’re all through with me. What am I?
180. I have a neck but no head. I have two arms but no hands. I accompany you to school. What am I?
181. I am a mother from a family of eight. I spin around all day despite my weight. I had a ninth sibling before. What am I?
182. You saw me where I never was and where I could not be. And yet within that very place, my face you often see. What am I?
183. I live in the dark until you need me. What am I?
184. I don’t have eyes, ears, nose, and tongue, but I can see, smell, hear, and taste everything. What am I?
185. I have lots of memories, but I own nothing. What am I?
A photo frame
186. I’m best when it is hot outside. You just might find me on your next ride. If you wear me, I have no pride. What am I?
187. I can easily be broken without ever being touched, dropped, or picked up. What am I?
188. I am an English word pronounced the same even when you remove four letters that come after me. What am I?
189. Born in the ocean and white as snow. When I fall back to the water, I disappear without a trace. What am I?
190. I am a word. I become longer when the third letter is removed. What am I?
191. I have no life, but I can die; what am I?
192. You talk through me but to someone else. I never forget without your permission. You can’t live without me. What am I?
Your cell phone
193. I have an eye but cannot see. I am stronger and faster than any man alive but have no limbs. Who am I?
194. I never ask questions, but I am always answered. What am I?
195. Although I have eyes, I cannot see. I have a round brown face with lots of acne. What am I?
197. I have grown from darkness but shine with a pale light. Very round I am, and always a lady’s delight. What am I?
198. People buy me to eat but never eat me. What am I?
199. I’m a god and a planet, and I measure heat. What am I?
200. We come in many colors, so beautiful and bright; We make so many houses look beautiful in December. What are we?
201. I am good at concealing what’s real and hiding what’s true. Sometimes, I make you gorgeous! What am I?
202. I have no bones and no legs, but if you keep me warm, I will soon walk away. What am I?
203. Take away my first letter, and I will still sound the same. Take away my last letter, and I will still sound the same. Take away my letter in the middle, and I will still sound the same. I am a five-letter word. What am I?
204. You use a knife to slice my head and weep beside me when I am dead. What am I?
205. I am a game that people play. I used to be a death sentence back in the day. What kind of game am I?
206. I can never be stolen from you. Everyone owns me. Some have more; some have less. What am I?
207. It stands on one leg with its heart in its head. What is it?
208. I am a fruit, but you can’t bite me. I live in a busy place. I never sleep. What am I?
The Big Apple
209. I am strong enough to smash ships, but I fear the Sun. What am I?
210. I have a metal roof and a glass wall; I burn and burn but never fall. What am I?
211. You can keep me only after giving me away to someone else. What am I?
212. I have been around for millions of years, but I am not more than a month old. What am I?
213. I live without a body, hear without ears, speak without a mouth, and I am born in the air. What am I?
214. You answer me, although I never ask you questions. What am I?
215. I transport you to another world that you cannot enter. Only you can see me, but I can’t see you. What am I?
216. It is always coming but never arrives? What is it?
217. People come to visit me but rarely stay long. I can be clean but am often very dirty. People usually reveal to me a part of them that they rarely show others. What am I?
218. Sometimes I go backward, but often I go forward; I can trip, I can dance. Just play the right music, and I’ll even do the conga. What am I?
219. I can be beady; I can be deep-set; I can be a ball; I can be watery. What am I?
220. I live underground and sometimes on a tree. I don’t want to be on a hook, and I become a person when combined with a book. What am I?
221. I have six letters; remove one letter, and twelve remains. What am I?
222. I have eyes that cannot see, a tongue that cannot taste, and a soul that cannot die. What is it?
223. I am a dress that can never be worn. What am I?
224. I can be sweet. I have nice curves, and from my name, you might think I make a ringing sound. What am I?
A bell pepper
225. I wear a green jacket on the outside, a white jacket as a second layer, and a red jacket inside. I am pregnant with a lot of babies. What am I?
226. My first two letters say my name. My last letter asks a question. What I embrace, I destroy. What am I?
227. I have a mouth but cannot drink. I have a head but cannot think. I have a tongue but no lungs. Some hold me, and some hang me
228. I have three eyes, and I am as black as night. I frequently knock down ten men with a single strike! What am I?
A bowling ball
229. I can be long or short. I can be grown or bought. And, I can be painted or left bare. My tip can be round or square. What am I?
230. At the sound of me, people may dream or stamp their feet; At the sound of me, people may laugh or weep. Who am I?
231. I am a five-letter word. If all the five letters are available, I am a talent in you; if you remove my first letter, I will die; if you remove my first two letters, I will be sick. Who am I?
232. I carry a huge burden. Although poor, I leave a trail of silver. What am I?
Kids love reading and solving riddles. Use these riddles to lift their mood and improve their language, reasoning, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills. These funny brain teasers can be shared with kids, friends, family teachers, or anyone who enjoys a challenge.
- Funny Truth Or Dare Questions For Teens
- Best Riddles For Teenagers, With Answers
- 105 Basic GK Questions And Answers For Kids
- 215 Easy Trivia Questions And Answers For Kids