If you want to introduce your child to video games, you can check out our list of the best Wii games for toddlers to find a suitable one. These games have a simple control system with imaginative stories and challenges that encourage children to learn, grow, and develop motor skills. You can spend quality coding time with your child while playing these games. So, explore our list of options to choose some fun games.
Our Top Picks
10 Best Wii Games For Toddlers
1. Best Nickelodeon-Themed: Nickelodeon Fit
Nickelodeon Fit is a great game to make your toddler get up and jump. You can unerstand how this game works by watching this video
- It is specially made for toddlers who are less than three.
- The game features some favorite childhood characters like Dora The Explorer, Kai Lan, the Fresh Beat Band and more.
- It combines easy workouts with fun.
- The characters speak out the instructions that your toddler can easily follow.
2. Best Disney-Themed: Dance Dance Revolution Disney Grooves
Dance Dance Revolution Disney Grooves is a fun dance version from Disney of the game Dance Dance Revolution.
- The game features various songs that your toddlers will love.
- It also features many of your toddler’s favorite Disney characters.
- You have to help your toddler to dress up their favorite characters in Disney costumes.
- Join in a fun dance session where you face off the Mickey Mouse gang.
3. Best For Pre-Schoolers: Go Diego Go Great Dinosaur Rescue
The Go Diego Go Dinosaur Rescue game will be perfect for your toddler at a preschool level.
- It is an adventure game that will keep your toddler entertained and excited.
- Your toddler will have to follow and perform various movements. Your toddler’s aim is to help Diego in completing his mission.
- The characters are spoken out loud by the characters and will help your toddler perform all required actions.
4. Best Sports-Themed: Wii Sports
This is one of the best toddler wii games. This particular Wii Sports mostly comes free when you buy the Wii gaming console. Check out this video to know more about this game
- The Wii Sports will be a great game for your toddler.
- The game can be a perfect introduction to your toddler in learning to push the right buttons. It will teach your toddler about various coordination moves like what happens on pushing a certain button.
- You may have to guide your toddler initially to do the correct motions before he can play the tennis and bowling games.
5. Best Artistic: UDraw For Wii
UDraw For Wii is a fun way to encourage your budding artist. You can have a look at this video to understand the tablet better
- The game features an electronic pad and a stylus.
- It allows your toddler to create any kind of drawing that he wants.
- Once your toddler is a little older, he can learn about photo-editing software and enhance the drawings.
- You can save the drawings that your toddler makes in the memory card. Once done, you can get it printed on a computer.
6. Best Dora The Explorer-Themed: Dora And The Crystal Kingdom
Dora comes back in this fun Wii game that your toddler will surely love.
- Your preschool age toddler will love to help Dora in this adventure game.
- The characters speak out all the instructions, helping your toddler learn along the way.
- It is a fun game that your toddler can play by himself.
7. Best Snow-Themed: Dora And The Snow Princess
Here is yet another Wii game that features Dora, your toddler’s favorite character.
- The Snow Princess is a very popular part of the Dora stories, and if your toddler loves the Crystal Kingdom, he will love this too.
- The characters speak the instructions slowly so that your toddler can understand what to do.
- It is a perfect game for preschoolers.
8. Best For Dance: Wii Nickelodeon Dance
Wii Nickelodeon Dance will be super fun for your toddler as it mixes dance and your toddler’s favorite cartoon characters.
- The game features your toddler’s favorite characters from Nick Junior.
- Various characters like Dora, Diego, the Fresh Beat Band, Kai Lan and the Backyardigans are all part of the game.
- The music that has been used in the game ranges from various themes on the Nick Junior shows to older renditions.
9. Best For Music Composing: Wii Music
Wii Music lets your entire family jam along with your toddler.
- The Wii motes will help you play the instruments that will create some great music.
- Your toddler does not have to understand about music or rhythm and does not have to be in sync with the music.
- Wii Music will automatically analyze and adjust the talent of the entire group and play accordingly.
- It will let the entire family sing and rock together to music, even if you all are out of tune!
10. Best Mini Game Set: Ni Hao Kai Lan Super Game Day
The Ni Hao Kai Lan Super Game Day game is full of different mini games.
- The particular Wii game is meant for toddlers in the age group three to five years.
- It is clearly one of the most popular and loved Wii games in this age category.
- The controls of the game are very easy to learn for your toddler, and he will be able to operate easily.
- Your toddler can participate in the virtual Super Game Day. There are various games to choose from like dancing, water balloon tossing, boat rowing, bubble popping and many more.
How To Choose The Right Wii Games For Your Toddler?
Consider the following factors when choosing a suitable game for your toddler.
- Cognitive Abilities: Choose Wii games that help foster cognitive abilities, problem-solving skills, creativity, and more. Games involving strategizing and movements can be good options. Children will also enjoy developing themselves by playing such Wii games.
- Interest: From cartoon-themed games to dance games, Wii games include various fun options to suit your child’s interests. So, choose a game your child will enjoy playing.
- Age: Consider your child’s age when choosing a game. While some may be suitable for children below three years, others may be better suited for older children. Age-appropriate games will help them understand the rules better for a fun experience.
What Is A Wii?
Just in case you are not yet familiar with the concept of Wii, it is a home gaming console. Wii was released in the year 2006 by the brand Nintendo. The Wii is a direct competition with various popular gaming consoles like the Sony Playstation 3 and the Microsoft Xbox 360. The Wii remote control is the most popular device, as it moonlights as a pointing device and a motion sensor. Wii games range from games for young kids, toddlers, and teens to even adults. Check out 10 amazing and best wii games for preschoolers here.
Tips While Allowing Toddlers Screen Time
While your toddler watches the screen, make sure:
- He is at a safe distance from the screen.
- He is playing the game under some adult supervision.
- He does not watch the screen for too long and takes enough breaks.
Why Trust MomJunction?
Priti Bose is our in-house product writer and reviewer who covers toys and gifts. She has carried out in-depth research to compile this list of the best Wii games for toddlers. Priti understands that children learn the best when they are interested in the activity and have fun. Hence, each game listed here is engaging and will add to your child’s learning experience. Further, she has explained the rules of each one for your convenience and to help you choose the right one.
One of the best ways to keep your children engaged and entertained on a lazy afternoon is by playing a Wii game. You may consider some of the Wii games listed here as they come with easy-to-follow instructions and are quite entertaining. Moreover, they are great tools for developing your children’s motor, strategic thinking, and creative skills. And as you introduce a game to your child, ensure they do not spend excessive time in front of the screen.
- Best PS3 Games For Kids And Family
- Best Educational Board Games
- Best Board Games For 7-Year-Olds To Play
- Best Switch Games For Kids
View Profile ›