Looking for some fun games to introduce your toddler to the Wii? Or are you simply looking for new games for your toddler to enjoy? If you nodded along in fervent agreement, you might want to read our post. Here is our collection of 10 best Wii games for toddlers.
1. Nickelodeon Fit:
Nickelodeon Fit is a great game to make your toddler get up and jump.
- It is specially made for toddlers who are less than three.
- The game features some favorite childhood characters like Dora The Explorer, Kai Lan, the Fresh Beat Band and more.
- It combines easy workouts with fun.
- The characters speak out the instructions that your toddler can easily follow.
2. Dance Dance Revolution Disney Grooves:
Dance Dance Revolution Disney Grooves is a fun dance version from Disney of the game Dance Dance Revolution.
- The game features various songs that your toddlers will love.
- It also features many of your toddler’s favorite Disney characters.
- You have to help your toddler to dress up their favorite characters in Disney costumes.
- Join in a fun dance session where you face off the Mickey Mouse gang.
3. Go Diego Go Great Dinosaur Rescue:
The Go Diego Go Dinosaur Rescue game will be perfect for your toddler at a preschool level.
- It is an adventure game that will keep your toddler entertained and excited.
- Your toddler will have to follow and perform various movements. Your toddler’s aim is to help Diego in completing his mission.
- The characters are spoken out loud by the characters and will help your toddler perform all required actions.
4. Wii Sports:
This is one of the best toddler wii games. This particular Wii Sports mostly comes free when you buy the Wii gaming console.
- The Wii Sports will be a great game for your toddler.
- The game can be a perfect introduction to your toddler in learning to push the right buttons. It will teach your toddler about various coordination moves like what happens on pushing a certain button.
- You may have to guide your toddler initially to do the correct motions before he can play the tennis and bowling games.
5. UDraw For Wii:
UDraw For Wii is a fun way to encourage your budding artist.
- The game features an electronic pad and a stylus.
- It allows your toddler to create any kind of drawing that he wants.
- Once your toddler is a little older, he can learn about photo-editing software and enhance the drawings.
- You can save the drawings that your toddler makes in the memory card. Once done, you can get it printed on a computer.
6. Dora And The Crystal Kingdom:
Dora comes back in this fun Wii game that your toddler will surely love.
- Your preschool age toddler will love to help Dora in this adventure game.
- The characters speak out all the instructions, helping your toddler learn along the way.
- It is a fun game that your toddler can play by himself.
7. Dora And The Snow Princess:
Here is yet another Wii game that features Dora, your toddler’s favorite character.
- The Snow Princess is a very popular part of the Dora stories, and if your toddler loves the Crystal Kingdom, he will love this too.
- The characters speak the instructions slowly so that your toddler can understand what to do.
- It is a perfect game for preschoolers.
8. Wii Nickelodeon Dance:
Wii Nickelodeon Dance will be super fun for your toddler as it mixes dance and your toddler’s favorite cartoon characters.
- The game features your toddler’s favorite characters from Nick Junior.
- Various characters like Dora, Diego, the Fresh Beat Band, Kai Lan and the Backyardigans are all part of the game.
- The music that has been used in the game ranges from various themes on the Nick Junior shows to older renditions.
9. Wii Music:
Wii Music lets your entire family jam along with your toddler.
- The Wii motes will help you play the instruments that will create some great music.
- Your toddler does not have to understand about music or rhythm and does not have to be in sync with the music.
- Wii Music will automatically analyze and adjust the talent of the entire group and play accordingly.
- It will let the entire family sing and rock together to music, even if you all are out of tune!
10. Ni Hao Kai Lan Super Game Day:
The Ni Hao Kai Lan Super Game Day game is full of different mini games.
- The particular Wii game is meant for toddlers in the age group three to five years.
- It is clearly one of the most popular and loved Wii games in this age category.
- The controls of the game are very easy to learn for your toddler, and he will be able to operate easily.
- Your toddler can participate in the virtual Super Game Day. There are various games to choose from like dancing, water balloon tossing, boat rowing, bubble popping and many more.
What Is A Wii?
Just in case you are not yet familiar with the concept of Wii, it is a home gaming console. Wii was released in the year 2006 by the brand Nintendo. The Wii is a direct competition with various popular gaming consoles like the Sony Playstation 3 and the Microsoft Xbox 360. The Wii remote control is the most popular device, as it moonlights as a pointing device and a motion sensor. Wii games range from games for young kids, toddlers, and teens to even adults. Check out 10 amazing and best wii games for preschoolers here.
Tips While Allowing Toddlers Screen Time:
While your toddler watches the screen, make sure:
- He is at a safe distance from the screen.
- He is playing the game under some adult supervision.
- He does not watch the screen for too long and takes enough breaks.
Has your toddler started playing Wii games yet? Do let us know about any of his favorites from this list of wii games for toddlers. Leave a comment here.