- Free Printable Tropical Fish Coloring Pages For Your Toddler
- Free Printable Sea Animals Coloring Pages For Your Little Ones
- Free Printable Sheep Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love
- 10 Cute Farm Animals Coloring Pages Your Toddler Will Love
- 10 Cute Chicks Coloring Pages For Your Toddlers
Eric Carle is a well-known illustrator, designer and writer of children’s books. He has illustrated more than 70 children books including classics like The Very Hungry Caterpillarand Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?. He has also won the Laura Ingalls Wilder Award for his contribution to American children’s literature.
Eric Carle’s art is distinctive and instantly recognizable. He cuts and layers the hand-painted paper to create beautiful and bright images. His books also have an added dimension like twinkling lights in
“The Very Lonely Firefly” and the lifelike sound of a cricket’s song in “The Very Quiet Cricket”.
Top 10 Eric Carle Coloring Pages:
Introduce your kids to Eric Carle and his wonderful works through these Eric Carle coloring pages printable. These Eric Carle coloring sheets will stimulate the children’s intellectual growth, inquisitiveness and creativity.
1. The Very Hungry Caterpillar:
This coloring page features a caterpillar that eats a variety of foods before emerging as a butterfly. The caterpillar feeds on fruits, sausages, cakes, pie, salami and green leaf as seen in the coloring sheet.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar is the most popular work of Eric Carle and the greatest childhood classic book of all time.
- This book has won several children’s literature and graphic design award. The striking pictures and cleverly cut pages offer interactive fun for the kids.
[ Read: Big Bird Coloring Pages ]
2. Brown Bear:
This coloring sheet features Brown Bear, a popular character from one of Eric’s famous book, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
- The diagram has broad outlines so even your preschoolers can color this sheet without any difficulty. Use this coloring sheet to teach your child about different color combinations.
- The book features Red Bird, Yellow Duck, Green Frog, Purple Cat, a Goldfish and a White Dog in bold colors. The animals are named in a rhyming question.
3. Red Bird:
This is a coloring image of Red Bird ready to take a flight. The Red Bird is an important character of the book, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
- The collage of this beautiful bird is combined with Bill Martin’s singsong, which creates endearing images in the child’s mind.
- This little bird brings a renewal of life and happiness to a barren and lonely mountain in the book.
[ Read: Angry Birds Coloring Pages ]
4. Green Frog:
This Green Frog is a major character of Eric Carle’s book, The Red Fox. The little frog gets a huge surprise when the guests arrive for her birthday party.
- The guests at her party include the Red fox, the Orange cat, the Purple butterfly and other beautiful animals. The Red Fox looks orange to her, the Orange Cat looks blue and the Purple Butterfly looks yellow to her. The mama frog then teaches the child to see the animals in their more familiar color.
- This coloring sheet will help your child discover the complementary colors while enjoying the amusing story of the Green Frog and his colorful friends.
[ Read: Berenstain Bears Coloring Pages ]
5. Sea Horse And Fishes:
This scene is taken from Eric Carle’s book, Mr. Sea Horse.Carle balances the pastel shades with the shocks of bright colors, creating an appealing seascape.
- The coloring sheet features the different fishes Mr. Seahorse meets on his way to the sea. Color the fishes in different shades to make the sheet look beautiful.
- Provide your child some intriguing information of these underwater species, while he colors the sheet.
Here is a black and white coloring image of the green caterpillar from the book, The Very Hungry Caterpillar. The baby caterpillar experiences a perpetual craving for foods as soon as he hatches from the egg.
- He then eats too much and falls sick. After recovering, he spins a cocoon in which he remains for two weeks.
- Later, the green caterpillar emerges as a beautiful, bright butterfly with large, multicolored wings.
[ Read: Chicks Coloring Pages ]
7. Blue Horse:
Here is a majestic image of the blue horse, the central character of Eric’s book, The Artist Who Painted a Blue Horse. The book is filled with some of the most magnificently colorful animals.
- Eric had illustrated the book to pay homage to Franz Marc, the Expressionist painter. It celebrates the power of art.
- Besides the Blue Horse, the book also features a polka dotted monkey, a purple fox, an orange elephant and a red crocodile.
8. Purple Cat:
This is the coloring sheet of the Purple Cat, one of the characters from the book, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
- The book has beautiful illustrations and easy to read text.
- Your kids will definitely enjoy coloring this black and white diagram of the purple cat.
[ Read: Sea Turtle Coloring Pages ]
9. The Grouchy Ladybug:
Here is a coloring image of the grouchy ladybug who loves fighting everyone it meets regardless of his or her size and strength.
- Color this grouchy ladybug in red and black to make it appear more lifelike. Educate your child about the importance of good manners and respect with this coloring sheet.
- The bug then gets comeuppance when he encounters a whale who slaps him with his tail and sends him flying to where he started.
- He then decides to be nice to everyone.
[ Read: Ladybug Coloring Pages ]
10. Mr. Seahorse:
Mr. Seahorse is the protagonist and the titular character of the book, Mr. Seahorse.
- The book narrates how Mr. Seahorse swims through the ocean carrying the eggs laid by Mrs. Seahorse.
- While he swims waiting for the eggs to hatch, he meets other underwater fathers taking care of their babies. Mr. Seahorse compliments them on their fine work.
- The book also features some other fishes that hide behind camouflage elements like seaweed and coral. The camouflage page illustrates how different kinds of fish hide themselves.
These free printable Eric Carle coloring pages online are not only entertaining, but will also help your children learn something about the world around them. You can also create your own Eric Carle coloring book.
We hope you liked the article! Do share your thoughts about it in the section below. Happy Coloring!
Latest posts by Arshi (see all)
- 200 Most Attractive And Hot Guy Names That Women Love - August 23, 2017
- 50 Latest Mormon Baby Names For Boys And Girls With Meanings - May 19, 2017
- 15 Major Festivals Of India Your Kid Should Know - September 15, 2016
- 107 Festive Themed Christmas Baby Names For Boys And Girls - September 8, 2016
- 40 Valentine's Day Inspired Baby Names For Boys And Girls - May 31, 2016
- Top 25 Unicorn Coloring Pages For Toddlers - May 23, 2016
- 83 Popular Gender Neutral Or Unisex Baby Names - May 17, 2016
- 50 Terrific Baby Boy and Girl Names That Mean Angel - May 16, 2016
- List Of 20 Best Schools In Jaipur - May 16, 2016
- 15 Top And Best Schools In Surat City - May 12, 2016