The biggest thing that every mom wants to ensure is her little one’s well-being. All they want is for their babies to be healthy and thriving. Perhaps, that is why the fear of their babies suffering from flu and cold often crosses the mothers’ minds. And, this is even more so during this time of the year when coughs and the common cold are just unfortunately common. In fact, moms often feel scared of catching a cold and cough themselves that might make their little ones more vulnerable to the diseases too. Thus, it becomes essential to understand this as much as possible. And, perhaps, also learn about the ways in which they can deal with the same.
What Exactly Cough Is?
A cough, in a way, is intended to protect you. It is your body’s way of removing the stuff that doesn’t actually belong in the windpipe and lungs, like the inhaled food or dirt. Some of the common triggers can be viruses, irritants, and other causes such as lung inflammation and acid reflux (1).
But, to put things into perspective, coughing can become pretty uncomfortable and annoying. Also, most medications might bring its own share of side-effects such as sleeplessness or headaches. However, on the other hand, some natural and effective methods can soothe your cough. It might eventually help with the elimination of mucus from your lungs. One of the most effective ways to battle a cough is a ginger wrap.
More About Ginger Wrap
Now that we have mentioned how ginger wrap is good for your cough, you must be wondering about how one can prepare it. And, as usual, we are here with the answer. First, let us have a look at the ingredients:
- Fresh, shredded or powdered ginger – one tablespoon
- Flour- one tablespoon
- Olive oil- two tablespoons
- Raw honey- one and a half tablespoons
Now, we bring you the instructions for how you can prepare the ginger wrap:
- Mix honey with the flour
- Add the ginger and olive oil to the mixture
- Stir properly
- Apply the prepared product on the napkin
- Wrap it then with the help of a gauze
- Tape the wrapped ginger over the chest
- Leave it like this overnight
It is said that the healing powers of the ginger wrap can help you sweat relatively more through the night. Ginger possesses many medicinal properties that might help ease your symptoms a little bit. Thus, improving your health in a certain way.
Medicinal Properties Of Ginger
The major components present in ginger are the anti-oxidants, aromatic essential oils, and the oleo-resin. It is these components that provide the majority of the medicinal properties that the ginger possesses. Thus, it can help calm down a cough that one experiences (2).
Combined with the rich properties of other ingredients, the ginger wrap may help bring down the cold significantly.
Also, when it comes to prevention of a cough, all of you can also keep the following tips in mind:
- Make sure that the diet is rich in organic veggies and fruits, whole grains, whole foods, legumes, and nuts
- Incorporate green vegetables into your diet
- Drink lots of water
- Indulge in beverages such as green juices and herbal teas
- Exercising for 30 minutes daily can help with a cough too
- Get proper sleep so as to ensure that your body is well-rested
The aforementioned suggestions can help boost your immunity, which in turn, can prevent you from common cold and cough during winters.
You might forget to take care of yourself in the process of looking after your little one. But, it is equally important to do so. After all, if you are healthy, so will be your munchkin. Good luck, ladies!
Latest posts by shalmali (see all)
- 7 Things Married Couples Need To Talk About Openly And Freely - February 8, 2019
- Here Are Some Ways You Can Kick Your Kid’s Screen Habit To The Curb - February 8, 2019
- We Bet You Didn't Know About These Cool Things A Baby Does In The Womb - February 7, 2019
- Whoa! A Mom In Vietnam Gave Birth To Twins Who Have Different Fathers - February 6, 2019
- How Long After Childbirth Will Your Bleeding Stop? - February 6, 2019
- How I Had My Shortest Labor Ever, Thanks To This Natural Technique - February 5, 2019
- Taking Baby Steps: What You Can Do To Encourage Your Baby To Walk - February 5, 2019
- 11 Brutally Honest Comics Reveal What Happens When You Get Too Comfortable In Your Relationship - February 4, 2019
- 4 Things The Unborn Baby Can Feel At 9 Months (And 2 They Can't) - February 4, 2019
- Babies Can Only Hear You In The Womb If You Talk To This Body Part – And It’s NOT Your Bump - February 1, 2019