Top Xbox 360 Games For Kids:
- 1. Xbox 360 Games For Boys
- 2. Xbox 360 Games For Girls
- 3. Best Racing Games For Xbox 360
- 4. Top Educational Games for Xbox 360
- 5. Sports Games For Xbox 360
- 6. Movie-themed Xbox Games
- 7. Xbox Puzzle Games For Kids
The Xbox 360 from Microsoft is one of the best gaming consoles in the market today. If you have purchased it for your kids, you have opened doors to a virtual world of fun and adventure for them. The 360 is an advanced version of the original Xbox that Microsoft launched in 2001. It brings the best of gaming and entertainment that you and your kids can experience together. MomJunction gets you a list of kid-friendly Xbox 360 games you can choose.
Xbox 360 Overview
Microsoft launched its second variant of the Xbox, the Xbox 360 in November 2005. The gaming console is a combination of a media system, which can be used to watch movies and TV shows, and a gaming console. The high-end version of the Xbox 360 comes with 250GB capacity, allowing you to store hundreds of your favorite games in it. Other features of the console include:
- Live multi-player gaming
- Gaming with Kinect, the motion sensor for Xbox devices
- Wireless streaming of media
Microsoft also allows download of games directly to the gaming console, through its Xbox Game Store.
Kinect For Xbox 360
Kinect is Microsoft’s motion-control technology.
- You can buy it as an add-on with the Xbox 360 and enjoy the interactive user experience.
- The device detects the presence and movements of the players directly in front of it.
- The technology enables players to experience gaming without having to use any controllers, headsets or other devices.
- Sometimes, players may have to use simulation devices like guitars, rackets or other controllers for enhanced experience with the Xbox 360 Kinect.
Top Xbox 360 Games For Kids
Xbox 360 Games For Boys
Boys are drawn to games with action and adventure. Here are some of the best Xbox games for boys.
1. Skylanders: Superchargers
A role-playing Xbox game for kids, the Skylanders Superchargers brings a new story to life.
- The fantasy action game begins when you pick a character and put it on the Portal of Power.
- Players embark on adventurous journeys under the sea, in the sky, and over land.
- In addition to the regular starter pack, you can also choose from the Dark starter pack, Dark+Stealth Elf pack, and the Racing pack.
- Kids can connect with friends to play the game together.
- The game has some violence with the characters using guns, missiles and other weapons to defeat villains. This may have some influence on your child.
[ Read: Lego For Kids ]
2. Disney Infinity 3
Unleash the characters from your favorite movies including the Star Wars series, Inside Out, Frozen, The Jungle Book and Mulan in this action and adventure game from Disney Interactive.
- Play with characters from a specific set (movie) in the Playset mode, which has pre-set gaming environments and storyboards.
- Let your child’s imagination run wild in the Toy Box mode, where he can use characters from different playsets and create a gaming arena of his own.
- Disney Infinity, which won the E-Connected Toy of the Year award in 2016, brings in characters like Darth Vader, Luke Skywalker, Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Han Solo, Poe Dameron, Rey and Kylo Ren from the Star Wars franchise to life on screen.
- Other characters in the game include Joy from Inside Out, Mulan, Marvel superheroes like Iron Man, Blacksuit Spiderman, Ant-man and Captain America.
- As the game is about the Disney heroes defeating their enemies, there is some violence in it.
3. Lego Jurassic World
Go back 65 million years to the world of dinosaurs made from Lego bricks with this Xbox game for kids.
- Lego Jurassic World features over 20 dinosaur species including the popular Tyrannosaurus Rex, Stegosaurus Delta, Echo and the Pteranodon.
- Players can choose human characters like Owen, Dr. Wu, Zach, Claire, Gray and Hoskins among others.
- Players can build their version of the Jurassic Park using the Lego bricks, find and capture any escaped dinosaurs and repair the damage caused by the escaped animals.
- Kids can play alone or team up in the two-play cooperation mode to cross levels sooner.
- It was nominated for the best Co-Op Global Game Award in 2015.
- There is some amount of violence involving kicking, punching and shooting. The video game also showcases the Tyrannosaurus Rex (made of Lego) eating a human alive.
4. Minecraft Story Mode
Minecraft is one of the most popular video games that both kids and adults love. The Story Mode version is about a character on an adventure to find Minecraft legends.
- The game setting is a world of Minecraft, with Jesse as the Protagonist. The characters are interactive, with voice-overs from actors.
- The goal of the game is to find the Order of the Stone: five adventurers named Soren, Ivor, Ellegaard, Gabriel and Magnus, who saved the world of Minecraft.
- Players can customize Jesse, a newbie Minecraft developer as you can select a female avatar (voice-over by Catherine Taber) or a male avatar (Patton Oswalt).
- The storyline is captivating and encourages kids to play and learn new skills as they cross different levels.
- Violence is minimal and ‘cartoonish’ without any gory details, which makes this a good game for children.
Xbox 360 Games For Girls
There are many Xbox 360 games that girls enjoy playing, from racing and role play games to MMORPG games.
5. Kinect Disneyland Adventures
The Kinect Disneyland Adventures is your virtual gateway to experience the magic of the Disneyland park.
- From virtual Disney-themed characters that greet you along the way to games based on the attractions, this offers almost everything that the park does, but virtually.
- You can explore the appealing visuals of the theme park anytime, day or night, from the comforts of your living room.
- Meet all your favorite Disney characters like Mickey Mouse, Peter Pan, Snow White, Cinderella, Aladdin, Goofy and Donald, Buzz Lightyear, Alice, Winnie the Pooh, Chip ‘n’ Dale, Pinocchio and others.
- Collect Disney-themed tokens or items as you move up levels, indulge in ‘co-operative play’ to earn rewards, collect autographs and participate in quests with the characters in the game.
- Controls for some games can be difficult to master.
6. Guitar Hero Live
With Guitar Hero, your kid is a rock star. The simulation game allows your kid to strum the guitar for her favorite band, as crowds cheer on!
- The game comes with a guitar-shaped controller that simulates actual guitar playing.
- Turn your living room into different venues, play for different bands and celebrity artists like Taylor Swift, Ozzy Osbourne, Jimmy Hendrix and Kurt Cobain among others.
- The game is easy to play and is fun.
- Your kid can play the game alone or switch to the competition mode and play with her friends or other players online.
- Parents should be wary of a few songs that may have reference to drugs, alcohol, and smoking.
[ Read: Minecraft Games For Kids ]
7. Dance Central 3
Dance Central 3 for Xbox 360 is a game that makes sure that your kid stays on her feet at all times. From the makers of the award-winning series Dance Central, Dance Central 3 allows your child to have fun while burning as many calories as possible.
- The aim of the game is to learn and complete as many dance routines as possible to get the highest score.
- The game can be played in the single-player mode or the extension mode, which allows you to track the number of calories burnt.
- The fun is doubled with the Dance Battle feature, with two players competing in a dance routine battle.
- Players can also take up challenges and move up levels to earn stars.
- There are over 90 dance routines, with 650 unique moves that your kid can learn in this game.
Best Racing Games For Xbox 360
Racing games are easy to play and exciting too, which makes them one of the best genre of games that people buy today. Here is a list of the top racing games for Xbox 360.
8. Need For Speed: Most Wanted
A classic racing game, Need For Speed or NFS is a game that you and your kids can master quickly.
- NFS Most Wanted won the VGX Best Driving Game award in 2013.
- NFS allows your kids to learn about the different brands of cars in the world, while subtly introducing the mechanics of automobiles to them.
- Players can pick from a fleet of cars available in the game and even customize them to match their avatar.
- It is a fast-paced racing game that requires children to drive as fast as possible, regardless of traffic on the street.
- This version of Need For Speed is not suitable if your kid is under 12 years, as it showcases collisions, although no images of injured drivers are shown.
9. Grid Autosport
One of the latest Xbox 360 racing games for kids is Grid Autosport, which is a racing game set in closed circuits.
- Unlike other racing games, Grid Autosport races are held on closed racing tracks, so the chances of running into traffic or civilians are non-existent.
- It has visually appealing graphics depicting awe-inspiring tracks set in different countries around the world.
- You can play in the career mode or the challenge mode and master different cars with different races.
- Like most racing games, Grid Autosport does not depict real consequences of high-speed crashes; Collisions result in damaged cars, but drivers are not injured, which can send out a blurry message to the kids.
Top Educational Games for Xbox 360
Kinectimals is one of the best games you can use to teach your kids about different animals.
- Kinectimals is an interactive game developed for the Kinect platform and mobile platforms like Android and iOS.
- Adopt a virtual animal and name it, groom and care for it through this game.
- Ideal for kids aged three and above, Kinectimals features over 20 wild animals, including the tiger, a bobcat, cougar, cheetah, jaguar, leopard, serval, black panther, bear, panda and lemur.
- Kinectimals allows players to interact with wild animals as they would with their pets, with the help of the Kinect sensor.
11. Body And Brain Connection
An energetic game, Body and Brain Connection introduces your child to logic, math, analytical thinking and other questions that require players to engage their gray cells.
- Players have to use motion control to answer the questions in the game. The game is designed to keep your child physically and mentally active.
- Physical actions that the game warrants drill down the mental answers to improve retention.
- It has a test to determine the “brain age” of the player, on which the game questions are based.
- The activities in the game are short enough to engage children in creative ways and retain their attention. For example, a math question can be answered by forming a “greater than” or “less than” symbol with the hands, or by kicking a ball onto the right option.
- The game can be played by multiple players too.
12. National Geographic Challenge
The National Geographic Challenge has five different modes for your child to play alone or with a group of friends.
- Play in the Single Player, Classic Puzzles, Puzzle Challenge, Explorer, and Multi-player Puzzles modes.
- Over 4,000 picture-based questions in the quiz.
- The game also features HD videos and mini-games.
- The Nat Geo Challenge introduces kids to artists like Michaelangelo, stories of emperors like Nero and Julius Caesar, geographical wonders, the animal world and other interesting subjects.
[ Read: Educational Board Games For Kids ]
13. Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster
Sesame Street: Once Upon A Monster is one of the best Xbox games for toddlers and preschoolers. Based on the popular television show of the same name, the Kinect game engages kids directly with the Muppets from Sesame Street.
- A highly interactive game that demands physical activity.
- Story-based learning: kids have to help the monster characters in the game by solving problems for them, while learning new skills along the way.
- Employs a creative approach to teaching subjects like math and art.
- Encourages problem-solving ability in kids.
This Sesame Street game may seem ideal only for preschoolers, but it is equally appealing to older kids and adults as well.
14. Kinect Rush: A Disney-Pixar Adventure
Kinect Rush is an action-packed motion-control game that enables children to engage in cooperative play.
- The game demands a high level of physical activity, which is good for kids.
- Players would need space to indulge in activities like running, throwing and jumping among others – game is not as fun in cramped spaces.
- Kids can pick any avatar they want including Woody from Toy Story, Lightening McQueen, the Incredibles, Buzz and the rat from Ratatouille.
- As the game has Pixar superhero characters, you can expect some violence, minus the gory details. Also, no characters die in this game.
- Kids also get to solve puzzles in levels.
15. Portal 2
Portal 2 is an award-winning educational game for Xbox 360. Unlike other Xbox games, Portal 2 challenges the players’ cognitive abilities and encourages them to think of different ways to successfully move up levels.
- Jump through portals and shoot at them at a specific angle and velocity to move from one destination to another in the virtual environment.
- Players have to assess the situation before determining how to use the gun or how to jump into a portal, or which route to take to reach from destination A to C, without going through B.
- Some amount of violence exists as there is the use of portal guns and fights with evil robots.
- The game won several awards including BAFTA video game awards for Best Game, Best Design and Best Story.
Sports Games For Xbox 360
Sports games are among the most popular Xbox games for kids. Here is our pick of the best Xbox sports games for children.
16. Kinect Sports: Season 2
The sequel to the Kinect Sports released in 2010, Kinect Sports: Season 2 is one of the best Xbox games for kids today. Here’s why.
- The game is filled with physical activities that anyone can master. Your kids can have fun playing a variety of outdoor sports including tennis, golf, darts, American football, skiing, and darts.
- Play outdoor sports anytime: your kids can get the exercise they need right in your living room.
- Compete with other players in your network using the Live Competition feature.
- You can even know the number of calories you have burned during the play.
- The game won the BAFTA Games Award For Sports.
- The number of sports you can play is limited.
17. EA Sports FIFA 16
If soccer is a game that your kids enjoy playing, they will love the Electronic Arts’ FIFA series too. The latest version of the game, the FIFA 16 is a simulation game that allows kids to play for men’s or women’s soccer teams of their choice.
- Kids can experience the game as a player of the team.
- They get exposure to active soccer teams and players around the world – the game features men’s and women’s national soccer teams.
- FIFA promotes healthy competition and teaches kids the game’s techniques – from basic soccer moves to the latest tackling techniques used in the sport today.
- The game is easy to play, making it ideal for kids of all age groups.
- No violence or controversial content in the game.
[ Read: PS3 Games For Kids ]
Movie-themed Xbox Games
Movies made with kids in mind have little profanity or violence. Games based on such movies are among the top Xbox 360 games for children of all ages.
18. Puss in Boots
The Puss in Boots game for Xbox 360 is simply entertaining. The game features all the main characters of the movie.
- It is available in the Kinect version, which requires physical action by the players.
- The game is hilarious with amazing motion controls, most of which are fighting moves by Puss.
- The game has sword battles and other violent, but hilarious sequences similar to those depicted in the movie.
- While the game has a few fights, they are not in the least violent owing to the funny tactics that the cat uses, and the ‘cartoonish’ feel that the whole game has.
- Engage in silly actions like freezing, jumping, and striking dance poses during a battle.
19. Lego Harry Potter
Harry Potter is an entertaining movie, but the Lego Harry Potter game for Xbox 360 is better. The game is available in two versions for kids.
- The version for kids aged one to four is filled with Harry Potter style magic, fun, and adventure, while the game for kids aged five to seven has a slightly darker storyline with wand battles.
- Both the games are designed to deliver entertainment to kids.
- The game has visually appealing graphics and an interesting storyline that your kids will love.
- Whether they are flying on their brooms, indulging in wand fights or competing, your children will enjoy this game.
- This game has some violence and even death in the version for older kids, although it is less scary because the characters are made of Lego bricks.
Xbox Puzzle Games For Kids
20. Bejeweled 3
A simple matching game, Bejeweled has been enthralling players for years now and is available for Xbox 360.
- It is a simple match-3 puzzle game with several levels that grow in complexity.
- The game is challenging and rewarding in itself, both for children and adults.
- Children can master it easily.
- There are no characters in the game – just jewels and gems that need to be matched to score points.
- Can enhance logical thinking, but is also addictive.
Based on the Russian nesting dolls, Stacking is a brilliantly designed game to encourage kids to use logic and common sense to complete missions.
- Great graphics, exquisitely designed stacking dolls and intuitive controls make the game visually appealing and exciting.
- Players have to don the role of a Russian stacking doll and embark on a mission to end child labor.
- Players have to solve puzzles to move up levels, and may have to use strengths of other stacking dolls through cooperative play to defeat enemies.
- Children can easily play this with basic tips and hints that pop up during the game.
- There is some amount of violence, without any gory details.
22. Quantum Conundrum
A superb combination of physics and fun, Quantum Conundrum is a puzzle game that encourages kids to use their logical ability to score points.
- This is a physics-based video game with brilliant puzzles that challenge and entertain kids.
- The game is in first-person and requires players to shift between dimensions using the different laws of physics.
- The game has no profanity or violence, only pure physics.
[ Read: Puzzle Games For Kids ]
Braid is one of the best puzzle games that you can get for your children.
- The game challenges your logical ability, and the puzzles can be highly difficult, which makes it one of the best Xbox games for teens.
- The theme revolves around relationships and love, with complex moral messages.
- It indulges players in an intense interactive experience, which involves in finding a long lost love by traveling back in time.
- The graphics are beautiful and the paintings seem to come to life.
- The game won GameSpot’s Best Platformer Award in 2008.
- There is little violence or provocative content in the game.
24. The Splatters
Throwing blobs of paint is no more a messy affair. The Splatters is an educational Xbox game that combines physics with fun.
- Players throw around blobs of paint on the screen to solve puzzles.
- They have to be intuitive and practice their reflexive skills to solve the puzzles.
- It is similar to games like Angry Birds and Peggle, which makes it appealing to children.
- Easy to play with instructions provided in the game.
- There is no violence but players have to throw the cute-looking blobs with googly-eyes and innocent smile at objects and walls.
Release date: April 11, 2012
IGN Score: 8
Genre: Puzzle (Physics based)
Suitable for: Ages 8+
Facts About Xbox 360 Games:
1. What is the best Xbox 360 game?
Xbox has hundreds of interesting games that cater to different audiences. The list of games mentioned above includes some of the best Xbox 360 games for kids. You can pick up Xbox games for kids under 12 based on the age recommendations for the game.
2. What is the difference between Xbox 360 and Xbox one?
The Xbox 360 is the second of the Xbox series of consoles, while the Xbox One is its successor. As the latest in the series, the Xbox One has faster processing capabilities, better graphics, and higher storage capacity when compared to the Xbox 360.
3. How much does an Xbox 360 cost?
Microsoft has stopped production of the Xbox 360 in April 2016. The cost of the Xbox 360 in the market depends on the retailer.
4. How much is a used Xbox 360?
The price of a used Xbox 360 depends on its condition, the storage capacity, the titles in the system bundle, year of make, and the components like a controller or simulation devices that are offered with it.
5. How much is an Xbox 360 controller?
The prices of Xbox 360 controllers vary from seller to seller.
Have you bought Xbox 360 for your kids? Which games do they like? Let us know here.
- 10 Best Virtual World Games For Kids
- 10 Top & Best Nintendo Wii Games For Kids
- 10 Best Nintendo Ds Games For Kids
- Top 10 Positive Effects Of Video Games On Children
- How Much Screen Time Is Okay For Kids?
- 3 Unexpected Side Effects Of Violent Video Games On Kids