Your child is the apple of your eye. You definitely want to see him develop smartly and better than the rest and the first teacher that your child gets is you! You are the one from whom he learns before getting into a school.
Parents often don’t realise that their child develops fast and learns various skills at a stage as early as three months. Kids start developing cognitive, social and emotional skills at an early age and it is important to help them develop these skills to make them well-rounded.
Out of the total ‘awake time’ a baby has in a day, nearly five hours of it is dedicated to play. The importance of play time should not be undermined as the baby tends to learn the most during these hours. Playing with toys and interacting with them help the little one grow. So, it is important to choose your baby’s toys really carefully.
Here are 7 facts you probably did not know about your baby’s development:
1. When the babies lift their hands, extend their legs and grasp objects, they are developing their physical skills and hand-eye coordination. This happens as early as 0-3 months.
Toy that can help: To support physical skills and hand-eye coordination, use toys like Fisher Price 3-in-1 Musical Activity Gym that have sound and music. The baby will develop physical skills as he tries to reach out for the toys and the music will help stimulate his senses.
2. Every time a baby looks at objects, listens to sounds and recognizes smells, he is actually developing cognitive skills, which help in generating curiosity.
Toy that can help: Since sounds and objects attract babies during this time, Fisher Price Rainforest Projection Mobile is an apt choice for your baby. The bright colors, music and textures stimulate the baby’s senses and the charming characters help comfort him.
3. By the time your baby is 9-12 months old, he/she is able to crawl, cruise along furniture and turn the pages of a book.
Toy that can help: Since the baby is able to crawl, he needs a toy that will encourage him to sit-up, crawl or walk. Fisher Price Press ‘n Go Monster encourages the baby to crawl after it. The toy is attractive with soft rubber teeth, horns and knotted hair, which provide a variety of textures for the baby to explore.
4. Creativity and imagination skills begin to develop at an young age of 12 months.
Toy that can help: Blocks help in building the imagination of kids and bring out their creativity. They make your child think as to what can be built or made out of the blocks. Mega Bloks First Builders 123 Bus by Fisher Price helps kids learn numbers and also supports their early development.
5. At a young age of 18 months+ most babies are able to showcase thinking and problem solving skills, which help their overall cognitive development.
Toy that can help: Kids start grasping and learning during this age and a Fisher Price Smart Stages Tablet can be the perfect partner for your kid. It has three levels to suit your child’s age and helps them learn letters, animals, songs, phrases etc. This interactive tablet is sure to keep your child busy for long.
6. Role-play toys help develop imagination and creativity in young pre-schoolers.
Toy that can help: Role-play toys help kids understand any given profession better. It can be anything that interests the child. Fisher Price Medical Kit comes with play pieces like the blood pressure cuff, thermometer, stethoscope etc., and makes the child aware of the human body. It also helps in developing healthy habits.
7. Between 3 and 5 years, most preschoolers begin to recognize letters, numbers, follow instructions and have a vocabulary of at least 1,500 words.
Toy that can help: Children start their proper education by this time and start learning new words everyday. Fisher Price Think & Learn Spell & Speak Sea Turtle has 3 modes i.e. letters and words mode, rhyme time mode and games mode, which teach the kids a lot of things.
So, help your child develop better and faster by incorporating these toys into his play time. Cognitive and physical skills developed at an early stage help them build a brighter future.
Latest posts by Ayushi Goel (see all)
- Importance of Calcium in the Diet of New Mothers - February 20, 2018
- Can’t Do The Dishes But Won’t Have A Maid? Here’s The Best Solution! - February 7, 2018
- Why Increased Calcium Intake Is A Must For You Post Delivery? - February 3, 2018
- Growcheck - The World's FIRST Vertical Body Measure And Data Analysis Platform! - October 25, 2017
- Having Fears About Diapers? You Need To Come Out Of Them Now - October 25, 2017
- 5 Points To Remember When Shopping For Your Baby During Pregnancy - October 24, 2017
- Never Lose Another Photo Again With Capsule - The Smart Photo Assistant! - October 9, 2017
- Your Baby Is Developing Much Faster Than You Think! - September 28, 2017
- 8 Tricks That Guarantee Your Baby Will Sleep Through The Night - September 10, 2017
- Age Wise Diaper Requirements For Your Baby - September 10, 2017