When do you ovulate? This is important to know to get pregnant or avoid it. Get to learn the best fertile days using our ovulation calculator.
Enter the first day of your last menstrual period (LMP), and average cycle length to track your ovulation phase.
|Fertility Begins||Fertility Ends||Ovulation Date||Expected DueDate|
Ovulation is the process where your body releases egg into the fallopian tube. The egg, discharged from the ovarian follicle, has a high chance to fertilize if it meets a sperm and then implants in your uterus. Ovulation is a significant occurrence in your body which occurs every month. Whether you want to get pregnant or avoid pregnancy, it is crucial to know when your body ovulates.
The fertility cycle in women potentially begins five days before the ovulation day. The highest chances of being pregnant occur mostly during the last three days of the fertility window. Consequently, the fertility window begins from the tenth to the 17th day of the last menstrual period (LMP.) So generally, ovulate day is predicted as the 14th day of LMP. This method is called Calendar method or Standard Days Method. For example: If the first day of the month is your LMP, then the 14th day of the month is your ovulation day and tenth to 17th day will be counted as your fertile days. Among these, the 12th, 13th, and 14th days will be considered as the highest fertility days.
The most fertile days of your menstrual cycle are those when you have the highest chances of getting pregnant. This is the time when you release eggs. If they encounter a sperm, you are likely to conceive, if they don’t meet the sperm, you will have your next menstrual cycle when due. According to ovulation predictor, fertility window begins from 10th to 17th day of Last Menstrual period (LMP.)
There is no foolproof method to predict the fertility window and ovulation day as it is unique to every woman, especially if you have an irregular menstrual cycle. Studies show fertility window varies from seven to 19 . Only 30% of women reach their fertility window between ten and 17 days even if their menstrual cycles are usually regular. The rest 70% are in their ovulation cycle before day ten and post day 17.
So, it is nearly possible to miss out your chances of being pregnant. On the contrary, this fertility Calendar Method helps you to get tentative dates of your fertility window. If you are keen on getting pregnant, then MomJunction gives you the best tentative ovulation period through its ovulation tracker. It helps you to find out your most fertile days, ovulation day, due date (if you conceive), and ovulation calendar for 12 months.
Ovulation calculation are based on Standard Days Method. They are not totally reliable as it is unique to every women especially if you have irregular menstrual cycle.They helps you to get tentative dates of your fertility window. but what harm is it in having sex during these predicted days, if you want to get pregnant.
You can also calculate your ovulation period by tracking the cervical mucus, basal temperature, or taking an ovulation test.
You need to pay close attention to detect ovulation.
Around 20% of the women have cramps on either side of the lower abdomen when they are ovulating. The pain can stop within a few hours or last for up to three days.
For some women, the pain can be a slight ache extending for a couple of days, in some others, it can be sudden and sharp lasting for a few minutes. The pain is mild. But if it is acute, consult a doctor.
Disclaimer: While our Ovulation Calendar predicts your tentative ovulation period, it is not the final authority. Visit a physician if you want to know the exact dates based on your medical past. Our calculations only indicate the assumed date. MomJunction is not liable for any related issues, consequences or damages.
How has our ovulation calculator been? Was it easy to use, and accurate? Let us know by commenting below!