One of the significant challenges involved in pregnancy is managing the discomfort caused by your belly’s growth. So, we have created a list of the best maternity belts and belly bands to help relieve you of pain and discomfort. These belts can help relieve back, hip, and pelvic pain by supporting the extra weight. You can also use these belts after pregnancy when your body needs additional support. So, explore the options and choose a stretchable and comfortable band that fits your requirements.
Our Top Picks
25 Best Maternity Belts In 2021
Here is a mix of maternity belts and pregnancy belly bands. You may choose one depending on your requirements.
1. Best Breathable Fabric Maternity Belt: AZMED Maternity Belt
AZMED maternity belt supports the pregnancy weight and puts less strain on your spine, which helps ease back, hip, and pelvic pain. Watch this video for more details about the belt.
- Breathable and elastic fabric doesn’t make you feel hot and greasy under the belt.
- Supports the growing bump with gentle compression in the abdominal area.
- Helps correct posture and supports weak abdominal muscles during and post pregnancy.
- Can fit belly sizes of up to 46in.
2. Best Plus Size Adjustable Maternity Belt: Flexguard Plus-Size Maternity Support Belt
If you are overweight, you might have trouble finding the right maternity belt. Flexguard plus size belt might suit you.
- It is available in sizes up to 3X, which can fit 54 to 62in belly size.
- It is adjustable. You can keep expanding it as your belly grows.
- It helps correct your posture.
- It offers relief from pelvic, hip, and back pain during pregnancy.
3. Best Post C-Section Maternity Belt: Cabea Maternity Support Belt
If you have been experiencing severe pelvic pain towards the last week of pregnancy, the Cabea maternity support belt can offer you relief. It lifts the abdomen off the pelvis, thus reducing the pressure on the lower part. Watch this video for more details
- It is breathable, adjustable, and easy to wear.
- The outer fabric is made of durable and soft neoprene, spandex, and nylon material. The Velcro gently lifts the abdomen.
- The belt comes with a groin band and helps relieve pelvic floor and back pain. It is also ideal for wear after a C-section.
4. Best Two-Strap Support Maternity Belt: Maternity FITsplint
Maternity FITsplint belts help you get your daily dose of exercise by supporting your tummy while jogging during pregnancy. To know how this belt works, check out this video.
- It is made of breathable nylon, neoprene, and silicone.
- The belt comes with a split in the center, making it versatile.
- It comes with two-strap support and can be worn in three ways.
- It lifts your belly, thus putting less pressure on the bladder.
- The belt is adjustable, slim, and flexible and offers back support.
5. Best Maternity Belt For Carrying Twins: Babo Care Maternity Belt
The Babo care maternity belt offers relief from your hip, back and pelvic area pains. It is a good option for those carrying twins.
- It comes with an upper and lower double-layer design, which helps support your belly firm.
- It is made of a breathable and elastic fabric, making it easy for you to sit, walk, and bend with ease.
- It can be stretched to your desired size.
- It helps you carry out your day-to-day activities with ease.
- It comes in two sizes: size L ( length – 45in) and XL (length – 49in)
6. Best Maternity Belt With Steel Frame: Pretty See Cradle Maternity Belt
This maternity belt provides relief from abdominal and back pain and also helps reduce the swelling of ankles and feet.
- It is made of breathable cotton and spandex material.
- It is lightweight and offers compression support.
- This double belt comes with an inner steel frame, offering relief from the waist, hips, and pelvic area pains.
- It corrects your posture and helps you sit, walk, and bend with ease.
- It comes with a unique Velcro strap that is adjustable and stretchable.
- The belt has a narrow front part that sits right under the belly and a wider back part that covers and supports your lower back.
- It is excellent for prenatal and postpartum use.
- It is washable. Just soak it in warm water with detergent for ten minutes and rinse well.
7. Best Maternity Belt For Active Moms: Gabrialla Maternity Support Belt
This is a great exercising belt for active pregnant moms. It provides extra support, stability, and balance during workouts.
- It is made up of polyester (50%), cotton (30%), and lycra (20%).
- Its unique design makes it virtually invisible under your pants.
- It helps you maintain good posture and helps reduce stretch marks.
- It is flexible, adjustable, and comfortable for everyday use.
- The belt comes with a back pocket, offering cold and hot therapy relief.
- It has been designed to increase the blood flow to the lower back, help loosen the muscles, and reduce pain.
8. Best Maternity Belt For Lower Back Pain: Soft Form Maternity Support Belt
This maternity belt supports the lumbar and abdomen region and helps relieve lower back pain. It can be worn under your dress as it provides mild compression.
- It features a multi-layered lining of nylon/cotton and is latex-free.
- It is fully adjustable and can be used throughout pregnancy.
- The abdominal lift attachment gently lifts your lower belly without exerting any pressure.
- The elastic panels on both sides of the belt provide ventilation and gentle compression.
- The built-in strap holds the belt in place and prevents it from rolling.
9. Best Stretchable Nylon Maternity Belt: Ingrid & Isabel’s Bellaband
It is an excellent multipurpose belly band that can be used throughout pregnancy. It can be worn full length or folded for extra support.
- It’s made of nylon (84%) and cotton (16%).
- Is stretchable and comes with a stay-put silicone strip that holds up your loose or unbuttoned pants in place.
- It is machine washable.
10. Best Gentle-Compression Maternity Belt: Toros Group Maternity Support Band
Toros maternity support band covers the belly and helps you focus on your workout without thinking about your bare belly showing up.
- It can be comfortably worn under the clothes.
- It offers relief from lower back, hip, and pelvic pain by putting less pressure on your spine.
- It exerts a gentle compression on your abdominal area, offering instant relief from hip and pelvic pains.
- It is available in multiple sizes and helps protect the belly from stretch marks.
- It is ergonomically designed to correct your posture and offers support to your weak abdominal muscles.
- It can be used as an abdominal binder girdle and a maternity support belt by turning it back to front.
- It is ideal to wear during pregnancy and post-pregnancy.
11. Best Light-weight Maternity Belt: La-Reve Maternity Belly Band
This maternity belly band is ideal to wear before and after your delivery. If you have had a C-section, this belly band will remain soft on your surgical stitches.
- It can be worn full length, offering full coverage to your belly or can be folded in half to hide the unzipped waistbands on your pre-pregnancy pants.
- It is ideal for wear over your loose-fitting maternity clothes.
- Its fabric is breathable, soft, and elastic.
- It comes with a stay-put silicone strip that provides extra support and holds your pants in place.
- It is lightweight and non-sticky and keeps you cool.
- It is ideal for use in all seasons.
- It can be used during pregnancy and post pregnancy until you fit in your pre-pregnancy clothes.
Bando Belly Band for pregnancy is specially designed to offer support to the growing belly and relieve tension in the body.
- The belly band relieves pain in the lower back, pelvic area, and spine.
- This belly band can also be used after pregnancy.
- It can also be used as a tube bra.
- The band comes in small, medium, and large sizes.
- It is available in two colors – black and white.
Excess body weight during pregnancy can lead to increased pains. The Belevation belly band makes an excellent choice for women with a bigger bump looking for extra support.
- It is seamless and comfortable to wear.
- It is made of nylon and spandex and is lightweight.
- It is machine washable. You may use non-chlorine bleach for washing it.
Here’s a fully adjustable band that can expand to the desired size.
- It is made of breathable fabric.
- It has a multi-layered laminate with cotton and nylon elastic lining.
- It comes with an abdominal lift attachment that keeps the belt in place and puts less pressure on the spine.
If you have pain in the lower back, this belt is for you.
- It makes an excellent prenatal cradle for your baby.
- The belt supports the lumbar muscles and reduces uterine prolapse.
- It is adjustable and comes with a secondary tightening belt to improve posture and offer relief.
- The four-way stretch fabric offers elasticity and comfort.
- The Velcro strap makes it easy to use and wear under regular clothing.
- It can be used as a body shaper after delivery.
The Yosoo Maternity Belt provides hip stability and relieves the discomforts of pregnancy. Its double elastic band provides mild compression support and reduces stress on the belly, lower back, pelvis, and hips.
- It is made of spandex and cotton material, which is skin friendly.
- It reduces the spinal pressure caused due to baby weight.
- The material is breathable, lightweight, and comes with an adjustable Velcro to fit your growing belly.
- The belt can be used pre and post delivery.
- It fits sizes up to 46 inches.
Enjoy a healthy and relatively more comfortable pregnancy with this lightweight maternity belt. It guarantees immediate pain relief when worn correctly around the abdominal area while ridding you of back pain and keeping you well-supported. The belt comes with enough compression as well as stretchability to ensure your bladder doesn’t feel constricted or pressured. It helps you distribute the baby’s weight more evenly, relieves pain, and assists with postpartum recovery.
- Available in three sizes
- Has breathable mesh inserts
- Biaxial stretch panels offer superior cushioning
- Temperature-regulating fabric
The belt is uniquely designed to reduce pressure on your lower back and support your growing belly. It can be worn throughout the pregnancy.
- It is made of breathable material.
- It has adjustable straps that can fit any size of the baby bump.
It offers effective compression therapy for women with vulvar varicosities, bladder, uterus, perineal edema, vaginal pressure, and lymphedema.
- It is made of polyester, spandex, cotton, and nylon
- The V2 supporter belt is adjustable and allows you to choose the level of compression.
- It helps you get back to your prenatal weight.
This maternity belt alleviates lower back pain by reducing pressure on the spine.
- High quality, elasticized, and breathable fabric made of nylon (80%) and spandex (20%) material with an internal lining of polyester (100%).
- It is available in a free size that can fit the abdominal size of 33-120 inches.
- Comes with a strong Velcro that is adjustable and supports the ligaments.
- Its ‘zero pressure’ support feature offers stability to the abdomen without exerting any pressure.
- It should be washed gently using a mild detergent and dried naturally.
21. Prenatal Cradle
This maternity belt claims to alleviate the symptoms of lordosis, sciatica and pendulous abdomens.
- It is constructed of a multi-layered laminate and nylon or cotton lining.
- It helps lift the uterine weight from the pelvic cradle and reduces pubic and hip pain.
- It ensures good blood circulation in the legs and ankles and helps reduce pain and swelling.
- Ideal for active women who engage in exercises.
- Improves your posture.
22. Brace Belly
This maternity brace offers relief from pelvic area joint fatigue and muscle soreness during pregnancy.
- The maternity belt is constructed with a multi-layered laminate with a cotton or nylon elastic lining.
- It is fully adjustable and fits your tummy throughout the pregnancy.
- It gently lifts the abdominal area and reduces pressure on the lower back.
The belt helps relieve back and pelvic pain, supports weak abdominal muscles, and improves posture. It also offers gentle compression to the abdomen.
- It is made of breathable, lightweight, and fully adjustable cotton, nylon, and spandex material.
- It comes with adjustable Velcro straps that can fit a belly circumference of up to 42in.
- It is suitable for postpartum use.
This maternity belt helps support the abdominal and lumbar regions and provides relief from lower back pain and other discomforts of pregnancy.
- Constructed of a unique multi-layered soft laminate with soft cotton/nylon lining.
- Its latex-free elastic compression side panels provide gentle compression on the abdomen.
- Comes with an abdominal lift attachment providing lift without any undesirable pressure.
- Is fully adjustable to accommodate your abdominal growth during pregnancy.
- Is flexible and lightweight and stays in place.
- Easy to wear under most clothing.
It helps ease pregnancy discomforts and improves your posture.
- It lifts pressure from the pelvis.
- It improves circulation and reduces leg and ankle swelling.
- It helps prevent excessive swelling of the vulvar vein.
- The V2 portion is removable if you prefer just the support of the cradle.
How Are Maternity Belts Different From Belly Bands?
Bands and belts may sound similar, but they are different.
A belly band is a piece of clothing that looks like a tube top. It helps you fit into your pre-pregnancy clothes by compressing the belly area. It is stretchy and flexible enough to accommodate your growing tummy.
A maternity belt supports your abdomen when you need help in carrying your growing belly. It helps relieve the strain on your back and pelvis.
Before buying a maternity belt, you need to know about the features you should look for.
How To Choose The Right Maternity Belt?
Do not compromise on these features when buying a maternity belt.
- Comfort: The belt should be comfortable to wear, and fit you properly so that it supports your back and the abdomen.
- Easy to clean: Look out for the ones that are machine washable as you need to clean it every week. It can save time and your effort.
- Expense: While choosing the maternity bands or belts, make sure that you look for good quality ones and the ones that are reasonably priced.
When Is A Maternity Belt Used?
A maternity belt can be used when:
- You have gained more weight than expected.
- You are expecting twins.
- You have back and pelvic pains.
- Sciatica creates discomfort.
- You have round ligament pain.
In addition to relieving your back and pelvic pain, maternity belts are beneficial in a few other ways.
What Are The Benefits Of A Maternity Belt?
- It offers support and relief from pain: As your pregnancy grows, you might have a slight imbalance of your body. A maternity belt distributes the weight evenly across the abdomen, making it easy for you to walk, sit and bend.
- Improves posture: As your growing belly shifts your body balance, it affects your posture. A maternity belt helps you maintain the right posture by supporting your lower back.
- Provides enough compression for active mothers: The compression also helps you keep up with the exercise routines. If you wish to continue with jogging or running during pregnancy, look out for the maternity belts that can offer maximum support to your belly.
- Body-shaping post-pregnancy: A maternity belt can be used throughout your pregnancy and even after that. It helps you bring back your shape after delivery, be it vaginal or C-section.
- Promotes blood circulation: Maternity belts or bands keep your back and abdominal area warm, thus stimulating blood circulation. This facilitates proper supply of oxygen to the weak abdominal muscles and aids in faster tissue repair.
Remember, you can reap the benefits of a maternity belt only if you wear it the right way.
Shawnda Dorantes MSN, APRN, FNP-C, an acclaimed California-based nurse practitioner and entrepreneur, says, “Belly bands work to stabilize the pelvis, improving your balance and giving your muscles some extra support. Make sure to choose the right maternity belt or band for your specific condition. If you ever feel any pain or discomfort while wearing one of these devices, take it off immediately.”
How to Wear a Maternity Belly Support Belt?
Follow these simple steps:
- Rest the maternity belt right under your belly and just above your pelvic area.
- Wrap the strap of the belt around your body till the opposite side of the belt and fasten it with the help of a hook or a loop fastener. You may adjust the loop fastener or the hook to tighten or loosen the belt.
- You can adjust the maternity belt as required for maximum comfort.
6 Tips To Wear A Pregnancy Support Belt
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your belt:
- Do not buy a maternity belt without consulting your doctor. They would tell you if you should use a belt, and what type of a belt you can use.
- Since every pregnancy is different, the styles and designs that suit you may also differ. Choose a maternity belt based on its design and analyze how it can support your belly and relieve the pain. The best way is to take recommendations from your doctor.
- If you experience pain or discomfort at night, wear the maternity belt while sleeping. It can alleviate the discomfort and give you a good sleep.
- Measure your belly circumference and check the size charts before buying the maternity belts.
- It is not necessary for you to wear the belt every day. You may go belt-free on the days when you do not have any pain or are too tired to use the belt.
- Follow the instructions given on the maternity belt. Wearing the maternity belt or band incorrectly can cause problems, such as back pain, and may increase your discomfort.
A Thing To Note
Remember, maternity belts are not free of side-effects. They might increase your pain, lead to skin irritation and discomfort, and even result in fetal heart rate changes (3).
Pregnancy doesn’t mean that you need to cut off yourself from all the activities you like to do. You can enjoy this beautiful phase if you get the right supporting pregnancy accessories. Make the most of them and your pregnancy would pass in a jiffy.
Why Trust MomJunction?
In this article, we have listed out the best maternity belts available in the market. Maternity belts help relieve pain in joints, muscles, and lower back during pregnancy and assist with the sacroiliac joint pain and hip joint pain. We have narrowed down the products after thorough research. We also present well-structured information to make it easier for you to choose the product that suits your preferences.
The best maternity belts and belly bands are breathable, adjustable, easy to wear, and easy to maintain. They help relieve back, hip, and pelvic pain by supporting the extra weight during pregnancy and offer several other benefits. Always choose a maternity belt or band after consulting with your doctor and ensure you follow all the recommendations when using one. Further, choose one that can be used even post pregnancy so that you can enjoy its benefits for a long time.
- Use of a Maternity Support Binder for Relief of Pregnancy-Related Back Pain
- Adherence, tolerance and effectiveness of two different pelvic support belts as a treatment for pregnancy-related symphyseal pain – a pilot randomized trial
- Effectiveness of maternity support belts in reducing low back pain during pregnancy: a review
View Profile ›
Shawnda Dorantes(MSN, APRN, FNP-C)
View Profile ›