There’s something entrancing about Bollywood which has us hooked. While the movies entertain, move, and motivate us; the professional and personal lives of the actors also inspire us in many ways. Time and again, celebrities share their personal details through social media to give out a positive message to their fans in general, and society at large. One such aspect of a celebrity’s life that can be helpful to all is motherhood and health. We list here 5 Bollywood super moms’ secret diet plan to help you shed that extra weight that you’d piled on during pregnancy:
1. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
This world beauty has consistently broken stereotypes by delivering her daughter through natural childbirth at 38 and then letting her body lose that extra weight naturally. Despite facing criticism for being overweight then, her tenacity and willpower continue to inspire many women who now identify with her values.
- The secret ingredient of her diet is brown rice, which has more dietary fiber and controls appetite. It is more nutritious and healthy than white rice.
- Her day starts with a glass of warm water with lemon and honey, followed an hour later with a breakfast of brown bread or oats. She snacks in between on nuts and seasonal fruits.
- Lunch includes boiled vegetables, chapati, and dal.
- Dinner usually has grilled fish and brown rice.
2. Shilpa Shetty Kundra
Just like her famous Mangalorean co-actor, Aishwarya, Shilpa too has achieved great heights professionally and personally. This award-winning actress, who is a mother to a son, champions the cause of physical fitness, yoga, and nutritious diet at every public platform and is an inspiration to many.
- Her secret diet ingredient is Amla (Indian Gooseberry) or Aloe Vera juice, which helps her detoxify.
- Breakfast usually consists of tea (with brown sugar) and porridge.
- Lunch consists of fresh vegetables with chicken curry, salmon fish, or turkey accompanied by chapati or brown rice. She follows it up with an evening snack of green tea, brown bread toast, and egg white.
- Her dinner at 8 is mostly a combination of salads, soups, and chicken.
3. Malaika Arora Khan
This stunning beauty needs no introduction. Mother to a teenage son, she looks years younger than her actual age and carries herself with much grace. No wonder she’s a style icon.
- She starts her day by detoxifying with a glass of warm water with honey and lemon.
- For breakfast, she takes fresh fruits with upma/idli/multigrain toast with egg whites. She takes fresh vegetable juice as a midday snack.
- For lunch, she takes rice, two chapatis, vegetables, and chicken with sprouts salad.
- She has a light dinner of steamed vegetables and soup.
4. Kareena Kapoor Khan
Kareena Kapoor Khan redefined motherhood when she stepped out to work within days of delivering a healthy boy. Earlier, she had proudly flashed her baby bump on fashion ramps and showed to the world how to really enjoy pregnancy.
- Kareena has a simple and sorted breakfast of muesli, cheese, parathas, or bread with milk or soy milk. She snacks in between on fruits and protein shakes.
- For lunch, she takes a good amount of green, leafy salads, dal, chapati, and soup.
- Her dinner generally includes dal, chapati, and vegetable soup.
5. Karishma Kapoor
From one Kapoor on our list, we come to another. Karishma Kapoor epitomizes grace and elegance. This mother of two, a son and a daughter, has managed to look her ravishing self even after so many years.
- She believes in eating 6 to 7 short meals in a day within a gap of 2 hours.
- Her diet consists of brown rice, egg whites, vegetables, chicken, and steamed fish.
- She munches on snacks like chips and french fries at times but makes up for it by doing a healthy workout.
- Her overall diet consists of healthy, protein-balanced, fat-free food.
We hope these diet secrets of your favorite divas will help you take the healthy route to shed that extra weight. And while you are at it, make sure to catch up on some Bollywood movies in between!